Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-06-2018, 07:18 PM   #1
apathy
Oblivious Virgin

Default Kerry Brown Interview from June 2017

https://i.imgur.com/6t91yK1.jpg

This person apparently has an online radio show. There's a pretty interesting hour long interview with Kerry Brown where he touches upon SP, Billy, 90s music and the music biz in general.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:34 PM   #2
fuzzyroes
Banned

Cliff notes anyone?

Heaven knows I'm not gonna spend an hour of my time listening to a Kerry Brown interview.

Old 11-06-2018, 08:41 PM   #3
Zerospaced
Apocalyptic Poster

Is this from before or after Billy dragged his name through the mud.

Old 11-07-2018, 08:46 AM   #4
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

must be after, if it's from 2017

Old 11-07-2018, 12:54 PM   #5
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Is there anything worthwhile past his "Spottily sucks kids don't stare at album covers" old man rant.

Old 11-07-2018, 01:05 PM   #6
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

I listened to the whole thing. Here is a brief outline rounded back to the nearest minute:

0-6:00 (intros)
6:00- (how Kerry first met Billy, mostly just how he got started playing music in LA)
10:30- (moving to Chicago and hanging out with billy)
16:00- (“were you ever jealous of SP’s success?”)
21:00- (playing gigs with Hole)
23:00- (state of the music business, streaming, digital downloads, file sharing)
33:00- (more state of the music business, host talks about seeing SP briefly, Kerry talks about SP playing MSG in ‘96)
36:00- (airing of “Four Leaf Clover” by Catherine ft. D’Arcy on vocals)
42:00- (brief mention of teargarden by kaliedyscope, more about the music business)
52:00- (smart studios documentary)

Honestly there is nothing terribly noteworthy here. When Kerry does talk about Billy/SP it is in very, vague general terms. There are a couple minor tidbits that are mildly interesting like him talking about seeing Billy and James walking down the street drinking champagne after the Gish tour. But that’s about as juicy as it gets. Billy must really have him scared to dish anything out. We know by his comments on Billy’s
announcement of announcements that there’s some negative feelings there.

Old 11-08-2018, 02:30 PM   #7
apathy
Oblivious Virgin

It's not stop what you're doing now worthy to listen to, but I'd say it's interesting enough to listen to while working or during a commute.

Either way, I found it nice for reminiscing about 90s music and going to shows at that time.

I didn't get the impression from the interview that Kerry is not on talking terms with Billy. He says something like... 'oh he'd kill me (for telling this story)' when talking about hanging out with Billy and James playing video games. Who knows what's really going on there...

Old 11-08-2018, 05:02 PM   #8
NovaFritz
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
I listened to the whole thing. Here is a brief outline rounded back to the nearest minute:

0-6:00 (intros)
6:00- (how Kerry first met Billy, mostly just how he got started playing music in LA)
10:30- (moving to Chicago and hanging out with billy)
16:00- (“were you ever jealous of SP’s success?”)
21:00- (playing gigs with Hole)
23:00- (state of the music business, streaming, digital downloads, file sharing)
33:00- (more state of the music business, host talks about seeing SP briefly, Kerry talks about SP playing MSG in ‘96)
36:00- (airing of “Four Leaf Clover” by Catherine ft. D’Arcy on vocals)
42:00- (brief mention of teargarden by kaliedyscope, more about the music business)
52:00- (smart studios documentary)

Honestly there is nothing terribly noteworthy here. When Kerry does talk about Billy/SP it is in very, vague general terms. There are a couple minor tidbits that are mildly interesting like him talking about seeing Billy and James walking down the street drinking champagne after the Gish tour. But that’s about as juicy as it gets. Billy must really have him scared to dish anything out. We know by his comments on Billy’s
announcement of announcements that there’s some negative feelings there.
Four Leaf Clover is pretty good, and D'Arcy is even prominent in the video. Makes you wonder what SP would be like if she was more involved. Though I am not one to assume that she had a bunch of great ideas being suppressed given her lack of post-SP output.

In case you forgot:

Old 11-08-2018, 10:18 PM   #9
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by apathy View Post
It's not stop what you're doing now worthy to listen to, but I'd say it's interesting enough to listen to while working or during a commute.

Either way, I found it nice for reminiscing about 90s music and going to shows at that time.

I didn't get the impression from the interview that Kerry is not on talking terms with Billy. He says something like... 'oh he'd kill me (for telling this story)' when talking about hanging out with Billy and James playing video games. Who knows what's really going on there...
I think Billy said on Instagram that he still hates Kerry.

Old 11-08-2018, 10:29 PM   #10
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

Interesting that he eventually hates and discards everyone he works with. Jimmy and James are only safe because they're playing along right now. Few more years and it'll be more of the white van and worst person ever comments. Linda has broke rank by working for Bon Jovi, will be interesting to see if he holds a grudge for that.