Truth 2.0

Old 02-28-2015, 07:03 PM   #152
Grox
Apocalyptic Poster

his best songs are like moments of clarity within a life of infinite sadness

Old 02-28-2015, 07:36 PM   #153
bunny
Demi-God

his best songs are the ones with the vocals mixed really loud.

Old 02-28-2015, 08:46 PM   #154
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
What...did you just make that up? That doesn't even make any sense. Do you remember the lines to Blank Page? Anyway, all Billy ever said is that it was a stream of consciousness poem about the anger he felt towards her.

You haven't changed
You're still the same
May you rise as you fall

Old 02-28-2015, 10:30 PM   #155
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Truth 2.0
Update available! Click to install Truth 2.1

Old 03-01-2015, 12:40 AM   #156
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
You haven't changed
You're still the same
May you rise as you fall
And this proves what exactly? I don’t recall Billy ever saying that he wrote those lines as if he were replying to her accusations, like you claimed. I can only assume that that was just your own personal interpretation. Those lyrics could easily be about her and not himself.

Old 03-02-2015, 04:45 PM   #157
houseofglass11
Minion of Satan

I assume from Blank Page that his wife was cheating on him (just as he was on her) from the lyric "stop sign told me stay at home, told me you were not alone". I remember someone saying it was with someone she worked with at the museum.

Old 03-02-2015, 07:30 PM   #158
SlingeroGuitaro
Starbucks addicted minion

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
I remember someone saying it was with someone she worked with at the museum.
If she wanted to fuck a dinosaur she could have just waited a decade.

Old 03-02-2015, 11:11 PM   #159
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Yeah, he's definitely not the passionate, caring, sensitive man that he was made out to be during the 90's.
he is, and that's probably exactly why he turned into such a, to grab a term from the discussion, alleged "asshole"

hard to be nice when people take your heart-on-sleeve lyrics and essentially throw them in your face or don't really give a shit

for reference though, luna being about fucking courtney love is outrageous to me
then again that song could be about a no-holds-barred threesome between iha, corgan, & chamberlin & still not be ruined for me though, i guess

Old 03-03-2015, 09:16 AM   #160
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Yeah Luna is a great song.

It's really hard to see Corgan as passionate and caring with the interviews he gives. Maybe he is just unable to see that he should be grateful for what the has and not bitch about what he doesn't. He has to know he was loved by many people/fans. People did appreciate him, and do still appreciate him.

The idea that he is bitter that the "culture" didn't appreciate or accept him really shows that he has some issues still. No, he was never accepted as a Kurt Cobain-type figure. But where he got was so much further emotionally. His fans had and still have an appreciation for his actual songcrafting and not his 'legacy' or whatever.

It is almost as if he got exactly what he wanted and it didn't fulfill what he expected it to fulfill in him (perhaps proving he wasn't a failure, didn't deserve past abuse, etc) and he blames it on that he wasn't universally accepted and thinks if he somehow got that he would be more fulfilled. But I don't see how that is any different than his current predicament. His healing must come from inside himself, to be cliche for a moment.

As you'e all seen in this thread I am ambivalent in many respects to how I think about the man. I do think fame changed him and made it much harder for him to heal from his childhood. But he also experienced some things that are transcendent and that the vast majority of people will never get to experience. I just hope he can find some peace.

Old 03-03-2015, 11:49 AM   #161
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
I assume from Blank Page that his wife was cheating on him (just as he was on her) from the lyric "stop sign told me stay at home, told me you were not alone". I remember someone saying it was with someone she worked with at the museum.
It was actual a road construction foreman with a bunch of street signs in the back of his pickup

Old 03-03-2015, 05:11 PM   #162
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

Because of the stop sign, you guys

Old 03-11-2015, 06:30 PM   #163
Lt_Beans_McGood
Banned

i thought she cheated on him with a landscaper and he found empty Clamato cans and grass clippings in their bed

http://www.x-entertainment.com/updat...s/ewgross1.jpg

http://nwdistrict.ifas.ufl.edu/hort/...6/IMG_4398.jpg

http://static.gigwise.com/artists/corgan325.jpg

i put pictures in it

Old 03-12-2015, 07:11 PM   #164
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

full excerpt:

Quote:
At one point during the recording, Courtney told me she thought Kurt Cobain was hot, which made me cringe inside and hope the two of them would never meet. We all said to ourselves, “Uh-oh, train wreck coming.” She also asked us for advice about her “secret affair” with Billy Corgan from Smashing Pumpkins. I thought, Ewww, at even the mention of Billy Corgan, whom nobody liked because he was such a crybaby, and Smashing Pumpkins took themselves way too seriously and were in no way punk rock. (It was a debate as old as time, who was “punk rock” and who was “alternative.”) Sure, everybody took their music seriously, but there was something grating about Billy Corgan and Smashing Pumpkins—were they too pretentious? too image-conscious and acting?—that rubbed people the wrong way.

That Courtney was attracted to Billy came as a surprise, as she was clearly so punk rock. But she was also ambitious and manipulative, as Don and I learned well during the recording process. Courtney could be honest and real, too—you just never knew which direction she would go—but knowing she could turn on me at any moment, I always kept her at arm’s length.

Old 07-24-2015, 12:39 PM   #165
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

so he finally responded to this

http://www.ew.com/article/2015/07/23...tour-interview

Quote:
The fact that the reissues have been well-received is great, and maybe it’s a testament to where people are at with the band, as far as just realizing there was a lot more to the band than “Billy is a pain in the ass” and “They sold a lot of records because they had good singles,” which is a really generalized story that doesn’t capture the band’s artistic place. Kim Gordon wrote something about me in her book, and she said we were never punk rock, and I laughed because I was like, “When did we ever say we gave a f— about any of that stuff?”

Old 07-24-2015, 01:12 PM   #166
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Pfft he cares, he is a cry baby.

Old 07-24-2015, 02:20 PM   #167
mpp
Minion of Satan

I feel sorry for people who've only heard rat in a cage and 1979

the depth of the catalogue is astonishing

Old 07-24-2015, 02:23 PM   #168
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

the depth of your mother's cunt is astonishing

Old 07-24-2015, 02:28 PM   #169
mpp
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
the depth of your mother's cunt is astonishing
I laughed

Old 07-24-2015, 02:28 PM   #170
mpp
Minion of Satan

Having been through that process, the album was well-received but didn’t sell, which in my nihilistic mind kind of proved my point, which is “You all keep calling for this album, so here it is, but you don’t really want it. You want Siamese Dream remixed or something.” So that gave me the freedom to cut the cord, just like I did for Adore. For me, it has that same sense of, “Wow, I’m leaping into the unknown here.” It’s as radical a departure as Adore was from Mellon Collie. It sounds very contemporary, very different. I found myself a lot of time musing, “I don’t even know what kind of music this is.”