Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-11-2017, 12:29 AM   #1
fuzzyroes
Banned

Default Japandroids

Fucking wicked group. I know once many years ago that I dismissed them as the dreaded "H-word" but I fell in love with their Celebration Rock EP that was released some years ago now. The guy on drums is unreal. They're a 2 piece (which doesn't quite sound like it on record and I was wondering how it would translate live and they nail it)

A cool thing that I admire most about this group is that they don't shy away from "rocking". It's so lacking today with guitar based groups and it pisses me off to no end. So it's cool that hipsters actually like these guys.

They've recently put out a new collection of songs. It's pretty good. Not as consistent as Celebrtation Rock but I really love these 2 fucking songs... Maybe more than anything I've heard in the past few years

Favorite song on the whole album. Just absolutely love it when it goes all slow during the latter part of the 2nd half

This is the song played on the radio around here. Fucking love it too. So catchy with just massive drums.

Download or buy the album, it sounds better than these rips

Old 05-11-2017, 12:50 AM   #2
Elphenor
Braindead

Maybe now open up to realizing hipster isn't a thing and there's all kinds of good music you dislike because it isn't 70s pop rock revival

Old 05-11-2017, 12:56 AM   #3
Elphenor
Braindead

the guys in my av are a two piece and the best thing your country has contributed to music as far as I'm concerned

Old 05-12-2017, 07:46 PM   #4
fuzzyroes
Banned

Who are they? I don't recognize them from the image.

Did you listen to those Japandroids songs dude? What'd ya think, ya dig?

Old 05-15-2017, 02:28 PM   #5
Mooney
Socialphobic

I really dug the first album. The second was kind of meh. The third i only listened to once or twice and it seemed really classic rocky and lame.

Old 05-15-2017, 09:06 PM   #6
run2pee
Minion of Satan

At first I thought you were talking about the group that covered Loveless in its entirety

But that's japancakes

Old 05-15-2017, 11:10 PM   #7
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
I really dug the first album. The second was kind of meh. The third i only listened to once or twice and it seemed really classic rocky and lame.
I actually haven't heard the first album yet. I loved Celebration Rock and just got the new album... You're right that there's some lame classic rocky stuff, but for me it goes like this: the first 2 songs are fantastic, and the last 2 songs are great... It's only like 8 or 9 songs, so the ratio's good enough for me. It's rare for me to even like 1 song by a band anymore.

Old 05-15-2017, 11:11 PM   #8
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
At first I thought you were talking about the group that covered Loveless in its entirety

But that's japancakes
You should crank up the songs I posted and then flush the knob down the toilet . You'd probably dig em

Old 05-15-2017, 11:59 PM   #9
noyen
Immortal

hi Guy Fieri can I have your autograph?

Old 05-16-2017, 08:18 AM   #10
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
You should crank up the songs I posted and then flush the knob down the toilet . You'd probably dig em
Uh how did you know I was in the potty rite now

That's just a little too creepy even for me

Old 05-19-2017, 06:37 PM   #11
fluxequalsrad
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mooney View Post
Always thought the first album was better than Celebration Rock.

Old 05-19-2017, 07:19 PM   #12
fuzzyroes
Banned

Just downloaded and listened to the first album last night and again today... Not sure what all the hype is about. It's got a few good songs and all, but I think their 2 releases that came after are much better.