Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-17-2015, 01:05 PM   #211
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Really? I think what he did was pretty neat. How would you have handled it better?

Old 06-17-2015, 01:14 PM   #212
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

I don't have a problem with Billy wanting to stick with the script and play the setlist they composed. That's completely his prerogative. What I think he could have done differently is not encourage the crowd to keep yelling out requests if his only intent was to reprimand them for it.

If you're teaching in a classroom and a student is not behaving the way you'd like, the best way to handle it isn't by encouraging their behavior and stopping everything else that is going on. I became a bit disengaged with the show when that started happening.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:23 PM   #213
thedeadofnight
Ownz

Billy onstage without a guitar is the most creepy thing ever.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:27 PM   #214
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

I'm referring to the Ava Adore and Crying Tree performances last night as the Billy Corgan Karaoke Hour.

Old 06-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #215
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

I'll be there tonight and will try to take a couple videos

Old 06-17-2015, 01:32 PM   #216
amiral-raph
Amish Rake Fighter

and what about cardinal rule ? Is it sound great?

Old 06-17-2015, 01:35 PM   #217
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wampa3 View Post
I don't have a problem with Billy wanting to stick with the script and play the setlist they composed. That's completely his prerogative. What I think he could have done differently is not encourage the crowd to keep yelling out requests if his only intent was to reprimand them for it.

If you're teaching in a classroom and a student is not behaving the way you'd like, the best way to handle it isn't by encouraging their behavior and stopping everything else that is going on. I became a bit disengaged with the show when that started happening.
What do you want him to do? Turn the lights out and make them put their heads on their desks?

He isn't a teacher, he is an angry, bald, rockstar from the 90s.

Old 06-17-2015, 02:07 PM   #218
slunken
Virgo

I kind of want that shirt with Billy's mug on it

Old 06-17-2015, 02:49 PM   #219
Wampa3
Amish Rake Fighter

Thought it was also worth mentioning that I was speaking with the guy manning the merch table that's on the crew. Was really interested in getting a show poster as I love to collect art from shows, but upon seeing the quality and size of the poster, I couldn't commit to spending $25 on what amounted to a 10" X 18" piece of card stock printed from Kinkos.

The guy on the crew echoed my thoughts unprompted as he thought they were crap and there's no way he'd pay $25 for them, lol. His opinion was that for $25, Billy should have autographed all of em. I thought that was amusing.

Old 06-17-2015, 03:20 PM   #220
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

you know that fucking medley was nothing but a fuck you to the fans.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:13 PM   #221
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i'd only pay $25 for that piece of shit if bc had signed it with "b0lly".
"superb0lly" would also have been acceptable.

Old 06-17-2015, 04:22 PM   #222
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Thought it was also worth mentioning that I was speaking with the guy manning the merch table that's on the crew. Was really interested in getting a show poster as I love to collect art from shows, but upon seeing the quality and size of the poster, I couldn't commit to spending $25 on what amounted to a 10" X 18" piece of card stock printed from Kinkos.

The guy on the crew echoed my thoughts unprompted as he thought they were crap and there's no way he'd pay $25 for them, lol. His opinion was that for $25, Billy should have autographed all of em. I thought that was amusing.
lol basically

the pricing scheme of everything from tickets to merch is laughable. that said i tried earlier to get tickets for tonights show.

Old 06-17-2015, 05:03 PM   #223
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 06-17-2015, 05:25 PM   #224
Ramdust
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

Thanks! I was hoping someone got that. I was the guy in the back who requested Bye June and Snail.

I didn't have a VIP pass but I figured I'd hang around the VIP entrance "just in case". They asked if I wanted to buy one and I said I couldn't afford it and a girl there said her boyfriend couldn't make it so I gave her like $40 for his cause that's all I had. Right place at the right time, I guess.

I thought Billy was in good spirits for the VIP and the show as well. He just seemed really into the show and I'm sure he was happy the audience was much better than Buffalo. (though there were still plenty of people talking and walking back and forth to their seats, etc) Maybe it's because I'm older now, but I really enjoyed this show, even more than the Orange Peel shows. Probably my favorite that I've been to. This is likely because it was low key for the most part. It was just really tight and rehearsed (some tasty guitar interplay between Billy and Jeff), plus the tracks with Billy on piano were great. It was a long set (though pretty much the same as Buffalo) but a good one. Never thought I'd hear Behold! live so that alone made it for me. Billy dancing and singing without a guitar was weird but good. He just seemed to be having a good time. The Gish medley was a plus, even if they were just teases.

Afterwards the security outside told everyone Billy was tired and would be out around 4 AM so most people dispersed. He came out 30 minutes later (midnight? 12:30?) and shared a few words with the remaining fans. (probably 20 of us were there at most)

Old 06-17-2015, 05:45 PM   #225
Ram27
dumb

Quote:

I don't think "keep yelling songs for me to play, I'm not gonna play em" is encouraging them

Old 06-17-2015, 05:50 PM   #226
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
That was great. He's even dressing normally now

On a disappointment level that I'm not going tonight from 1-10, 1 being going to a Burns-era show, 10 being a pajama show, I'm at a solid 6.

Respect, BC

Old 06-17-2015, 06:04 PM   #227
slunken
Virgo

he almost started crying

Old 06-17-2015, 06:47 PM   #228
freshfacedyouth
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramdust View Post
Afterwards the security outside told everyone Billy was tired and would be out around 4 AM so most people dispersed. He came out 30 minutes later (midnight? 12:30?) and shared a few words with the remaining fans. (probably 20 of us were there at most)
my friend and i stayed until about 11:45 but we eventually couldn't stay longer, as it got to be too late. knew if we stayed another half hour or so he'd be out but we just decided to go. kind of regretting it now but it's not a big deal, especially since i was lucky enough to snag tickets in the first place

Old 06-17-2015, 06:51 PM   #229
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
how much emotional criticism can you give to a bunch of 3-second snippets, lol?
i was talking about the vip songs

Old 06-17-2015, 09:44 PM   #230
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

Is Robin not the drummer for this tour? He had a tour section on his site that is gone now. :/

Old 06-17-2015, 10:01 PM   #231
Funbags
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
Is Robin not the drummer for this tour? He had a tour section on his site that is gone now. :/
I think that's for the tour with Manson?

Old 06-17-2015, 10:07 PM   #232
AveryLoren
Apocalyptic Poster

I could have swore his site listed the dates for this tour as well.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:34 AM   #233
Pizza Club
Apocalyptic Poster

No Freedom or New Poetry, we got Dorian and Disarm instead. Other than that, it was pretty okay. The crowd sucked. There was a lady two rows ahead of me that did not look up at all once.

To Sheila and Behold were highlights. I think my SD card crapped out but I did have a couple videos. Oh well.

Old 06-18-2015, 02:40 AM   #234
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

Old 06-18-2015, 03:56 AM   #235
great poster
Apocalyptic Poster

love that Blissed and Gone performance, it seems like he was actually having fun on stage for once which is always a good thing to see.

Old 06-18-2015, 04:43 AM   #236
amiral-raph
Amish Rake Fighter

no review about the new song "cardinal rule"?

Strange? no?

Old 06-18-2015, 05:00 AM   #237
epsonchina
Pledge

Anyone could release To sheila,Behold! The Night Mare ,Sparrow and Jersey Shore Videos? TKS~

Old 06-18-2015, 05:03 AM   #238
epsonchina
Pledge

For Martha is amazing piano solo performance.But it sound mostly like original version.

Old 06-18-2015, 05:23 AM   #239
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AveryLoren View Post
I could have swore his site listed the dates for this tour as well.
it did, he listed all Plainsong and all Manson dates.

Old 06-18-2015, 07:10 AM   #240
bunny
Demi-God

clips of the show are fun to watch. he looks like he's having fun.