Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 08-02-2017, 11:45 PM   #2521
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Hey Elph, what's your favorite Green Day deep cut?
Elphie, my dear boy, there's only one right answer to this inquiry

(the answer "Panic Song" would also garner you a consolation prize)

Old 08-02-2017, 11:47 PM   #2522
fuzzyroes
Banned

The guy who posted that video's user name is NIMRODxKERPLUNK.

Definitely sounds like a dude I'd like to have a beer with

Old 08-02-2017, 11:52 PM   #2523
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
rock rock
roll, Plymouth Rock rollover

Old 08-03-2017, 09:19 PM   #2524
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
have you guys heard of this band the smiths

Old 08-04-2017, 01:33 AM   #2525
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i guess the chat thread would be the place to drop this

http://ocdn.eu/images/sympatia/YmY7M...92f15b3f52.jpg

Old 08-04-2017, 06:55 AM   #2526
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i still believe in rocks

Old 08-04-2017, 12:38 PM   #2527
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I don't, they lie.

Old 08-04-2017, 02:46 PM   #2528
redbreegull

Talking

rock is dead

Old 08-04-2017, 06:01 PM   #2529
slunken
Virgo

Sex is dead

Old 08-05-2017, 09:21 AM   #2530
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

they call me 'the mooch'

Old 08-07-2017, 12:17 AM   #2531
Bread Regal
Banned

goddamn it the noise is back

Old 08-07-2017, 02:17 AM   #2532
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bread Regal View Post
goddamn it the noise is back
I really, really, really want to investigate this like Nancy drew

Old 08-07-2017, 12:03 PM   #2533
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

so for most of my adult life i've dealt on and off with lower back pain. in my early 30s it became pretty bad and since then I've had about a dozen incidents of ruptured discs. 10 months of of the year I'm OK, but at least once per year I have a 'relapse' and i end up flat on my back for days or weeks until I heal. But three already this year i've had this happen. Once last winter before I had my admominal surgery and then again 6 weeks ago. Both times my ortho put me steroids and it worked to help relive the inflamation in my spine. Then yesterday it happened again. Today I'm literally laying on the floor because i can't stand or sit.

My ortho won't prescribe any more steroids until i see him later this week for a consult. He says I can't take anymore high doses of Prednisone. I have a feeling he's going to want to do a spinal injection.

So fucking sick of this. With the discs in my lower back deteriorating i've developed arthritis in my spine. What worries me the most is that i'm in my 40s and this has become a chronic condition. I can't imagine what this is going to be like 20 years from now. There's no real treatment other than cortisone injections. I can't run anymore and I can't really ride my bike (unless it's very very easy) without causing back pain.

fuck

Old 08-07-2017, 12:04 PM   #2534
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

51 more posts till I hit 20k

Old 08-07-2017, 12:51 PM   #2535
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

sorry scotty, i can't imagine how awful that is. i've only hurt my back once and i was a kid and i remember it being terrible

Old 08-07-2017, 12:54 PM   #2536
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I really, really, really want to investigate this like Nancy drew
I hypothesize it's an A/C unit on top of the building that is out of balance. It's louder in D's room than in mine.

Old 08-07-2017, 01:04 PM   #2537
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i can't imagine how you feel scotty. i'm sorry

Old 08-07-2017, 09:24 PM   #2538
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
so for most of my adult life i've dealt on and off with lower back pain. in my early 30s it became pretty bad and since then I've had about a dozen incidents of ruptured discs. 10 months of of the year I'm OK, but at least once per year I have a 'relapse' and i end up flat on my back for days or weeks until I heal. But three already this year i've had this happen. Once last winter before I had my admominal surgery and then again 6 weeks ago. Both times my ortho put me steroids and it worked to help relive the inflamation in my spine. Then yesterday it happened again. Today I'm literally laying on the floor because i can't stand or sit.

My ortho won't prescribe any more steroids until i see him later this week for a consult. He says I can't take anymore high doses of Prednisone. I have a feeling he's going to want to do a spinal injection.

So fucking sick of this. With the discs in my lower back deteriorating i've developed arthritis in my spine. What worries me the most is that i'm in my 40s and this has become a chronic condition. I can't imagine what this is going to be like 20 years from now. There's no real treatment other than cortisone injections. I can't run anymore and I can't really ride my bike (unless it's very very easy) without causing back pain.

fuck
Fuck man that sucks.

I have an idea, but I know you don't like me and I really don't know much about the topic, so I don't wanna come across as insensitive, but I feel like it couldn't hurt for you to check this out.

Howard Stern used to have debilitating, chronic back issues, and a certain author/doctor cured his ailments and Howard says he saved his life with his writings about back-pain. Apparently the guy ended up helping legions of people with his writings and was viewed as a cult hero, and an alternative health legend.

A quick Googly search reveals that the guys name is Dr. John Sarno. Seriously man, I would read some of his shit.

Old 08-07-2017, 10:00 PM   #2539
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quick search reveals he thinks chronic pain and other functional illnesses (like IBS) are linked to psychological problems. An idea at least as old as Freud.

However, in Scotty's case he has documented severe degeneration and arthritis. Pretty sure he can't mind over matter it away. But it might help a little

Old 08-07-2017, 10:25 PM   #2540
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, It could help him deal at the least. Howard Stern talks about this guy as a healing genius. Like I said, I haven't read any of the work, but it sounds like Scotty's willing to try anything at this point.

I think it's worth checking out.

Old 08-08-2017, 02:45 AM   #2541
Cool As Ice Cream

a cult hero?
BRING IT ON!

Old 08-08-2017, 08:47 AM   #2542
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I'm sorry to hear that, Scotty. Hope you feel better somehow soon.

Old 08-08-2017, 12:48 PM   #2543
yo soy el mejor

i'm weirdly pumped about my interview today at 2:30. it's a part-time telecommunications operator position for a hospital and it actually includes benefits, which is f'ing great, since most don't, and i'm unable to work full-time and go to school full-time. i'm pretty sure it pays handsomely, too.

i even got new slacks and a jacket. i'll let you know how it goes, okay?

Old 08-08-2017, 01:13 PM   #2544
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post

fuck
Dang scott hope you can get off the floor soon

Has none of your docs suggested surgery? There's a whole universe of stuf from microdiscectomy to fusions that can help

Also, maybe get a medical mj card?

Old 08-08-2017, 01:59 PM   #2545
Cool As Ice Cream

a medical michael jackson card? that doesn't sound good...

Old 08-08-2017, 11:04 PM   #2546
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Dang scott hope you can get off the floor soon

Has none of your docs suggested surgery? There's a whole universe of stuf from microdiscectomy to fusions that can help

Also, maybe get a medical mj card?
Thank you. i called in sick to work on Monday. But i was able to go in today. And i feel a bit better tonight. I have some Tramadol which helps.

a microdiscectomy removes a small portion of a bulging disc where the bulge is presing on a nerve or otherwise causing pain. That's not what my problem is. if you were to look at my last MRI you'd see that all the discs in my lumbar region are half the thickness of the discs above. They've each ruptured and healed at least once. After each incident i've eventually 'recovered.' Which means that the bulging and swelling eventually goes down. In that sense I'm better off than many other people. My sister had a bulging disc ONCE which wouldn't go away despite medication and injections. She ended up getting a microdiscectomy. And since that proceedure she's been healthy.

My problem is that these ruptures and bulging discs keep happening over and over. The only other surgery available is spinal fusion, which is typically a last resort and only done for people who are to the point where there's nothing else to be done. People who are living with chronic pain and become nearly disabled. Spinal fusion has relatively low "success" rate. A high percentage of people experience significant chonic pain after the surgery. fusing vertebrae together puts bone against bone and can lead to deterioriation of the vertebrae, which can be very painful.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:08 PM   #2547
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i'm weirdly pumped about my interview today at 2:30. it's a part-time telecommunications operator position for a hospital and it actually includes benefits, which is f'ing great, since most don't, and i'm unable to work full-time and go to school full-time. i'm pretty sure it pays handsomely, too.

i even got new slacks and a jacket. i'll let you know how it goes, okay?
Sooo...how'd it go?

Great benefits are one of those things I think people often take for granted. I'm not in love with my job, but they take care of me pretty well. I sometimes forget about how much worse it could be when I come home grumbling at the end of a tough day.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:09 PM   #2548
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Also a functioning back is something we all should be grateful for re: scotty. Really sorry you're dealing with that.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:15 PM   #2549
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Sooo...how'd it go?

Great benefits are one of those things I think people often take for granted. I'm not in love with my job, but they take care of me pretty well. I sometimes forget about how much worse it could be when I come home grumbling at the end of a tough day.
i was told i was over-qualified and also asked if i wanted to work full-time. she said i seemed mature, too, and asked if i would be able to lead the rest of the team, which i hope means more moolah. this is my last semester at my school and maybe even here in chicago so i said sure. it must have been my nice new slacks that did the trick.

i can save up like crazy. and i don't have to pay for school since my being in student government covers it for me.

the interview lasted about two hours and included meeting everyone in the department. when it ended she said i would hear back by friday and director of the department gave me a wink and thumbs up exactly as i left and said goodbye.

Old 08-09-2017, 05:21 PM   #2550
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Wow, awesome. It's always nice to have an idea of how you actually did after leaving an interview.

And yes, never underestimate the value of new pants.