Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2017, 11:49 PM   #451
LaBelle
Socialphobic

That is not an excuse. Stop defending the prejudiced asshole

Old 11-26-2017, 12:11 AM   #452
buzzard
Minion of Satan

People have been removed for a lot less than describing oppressed minority groups as "repulsive."

Old 11-26-2017, 03:22 AM   #453
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

I wasn't defending him. I just said he was crazy maybe that's why he hasn't been banned.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:23 AM   #454
FoolofaTook

That's attacking him.

Old 11-26-2017, 03:24 AM   #455
FoolofaTook

Does he ever apologize?

Old 11-26-2017, 04:18 AM   #456
buzzard
Minion of Satan

See, the buzz is that apologies go all the way back to The Crusades and maintain strong links to key Hashashin figures from which the not-so-gold-star Khan family are descended.

Old 11-26-2017, 04:30 AM   #457
FoolofaTook

Tlish got banned for scaring ppl off and being hostile right?

Old 11-26-2017, 05:07 AM   #458
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
It's probably really convenient that none of the admins in this board have any personal stake and feel attacked or hurt by what this sack of human excrement known as the omega concern types.
That they can take the time to casually "educate" this pathetic shithead, something that has proven ineffective in however many years he has been allowed to voice his prejudiced opinions in this forum.

Also how cool is it to see no one else caring because they as well have no real understanding or know what it feels like to be persecuted and relentlessly attacked by people who share his apalling views which are stuck in the middle ages.
But hey, "he's just the funny conspiracy guy so we'll keep him around. He'll provide us with endless entertainment with his dumb shitty posts, that he expresses hurtful and aggressive opinions is totally fine because it isn't about me".
For the record all three mods want to ban him. I do have a personal stake in some of the things he says but after so long I've gotten used to it I guess. But what he's saying is not OK and I agree with you that he should be banned.

Old 11-26-2017, 06:42 AM   #459
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Tlish got banned for scaring ppl off and being hostile right?
yes

Old 11-26-2017, 07:02 AM   #460
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Almost everyone mocks him.

Also for the longest time I thought he was a troll. But I am slow.

You think he should be banned?

matter of fact lari is not alone with this.

I simply had given up to "whine" about toc being here because nothing ever happened.
We'll whine another round, the admins have been asked to ban him.

lol I see, reprise already covered that. good morning, netphoria!

Old 11-26-2017, 10:13 AM   #461
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
I wasn't defending him. I just said he was crazy maybe that's why he hasn't been banned.
Quote:
That's attacking him.
I get what you mean. But in actuality you are stripping his repeated offenses of any responsibility and dumping the onus back on me for not ignoring him.

And guess what, no we should not ever get used to abuse, which hate speech is.
The internet should not be a safe harbour for people to wage their own personal vendettas against minorities who still suffer daily and go through hell just trying to be treated with the least amount of basic human decency.
Granting protection to people who share these views and label entire groups of people as "repulsive", means the forum as a whole supports those views and finds that attitude acceptable.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #462
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

It's funny, because I never realized he was so hateful. Just delusional.

I mean, I guess it's not funny, but whatevs.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:52 AM   #463
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Mods, please ban Marquis in Spades

Old 11-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #464
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I get that.

But I come here for people I can't find anywhere else in my life, to engage with them and find out about them.

If banning people from this forum meant that they ceased to exist or stopped having the opinions we find so abhorrent, that would be something.

But banning them from netpho doesn't do that - it just makes netpho another safe space. Which could be fantastic, if that's what people want.

I don't come here for that, personally - I have other safe spaces and netpho is more like an illegal dogfighting ring, to me. So every time the range of opinions gets narrowed here, I think it is a loss. I think it's a loss when anyone leaves.

Every single person I know in real life was surprised by the Trump victory. Part of the reason I wasn't surprised was reading the threads here, and seeing how genuine people were, in their support of him.

I dunno, I prefer to know what people think. Even if I find what they think hurtful. It sort of prepares me for the shitshow that is my life.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:53 AM   #465
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Maybe there was hesitance to ban him in the past because all he did was post creepy conspiracy theories that we could all laugh off? The trans/homophobic shit only seems to be cropping up just now, or maybe I haven't been paying attention.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:54 AM   #466
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

speaking of Marquis in Spades, of course.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #467
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I get that.

But I come here for people I can't find anywhere else in my life, to engage with them and find out about them.

If banning people from this forum meant that they ceased to exist or stopped having the opinions we find so abhorrent, that would be something.

But banning them from netpho doesn't do that - it just makes netpho another safe space. Which could be fantastic, if that's what people want.

I don't come here for that, personally - I have other safe spaces and netpho is more like an illegal dogfighting ring, to me. So every time the range of opinions gets narrowed here, I think it is a loss. I think it's a loss when anyone leaves.

Every single person I know in real life was surprised by the Trump victory. Part of the reason I wasn't surprised was reading the threads here, and seeing how genuine people were, in their support of him.

I dunno, I prefer to know what people think. Even if I find what they think hurtful. It sort of prepares me for the shitshow that is my life.
10 years, maybe even 5 years ago, I would've agreed with this. But life is too short to suffer the fool.

Old 11-26-2017, 10:55 AM   #468
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

We're still talking about Marquis in Spades, right?

Old 11-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #469
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

of all the people that have been banned this year (that process was not fun I promise) this one definitely deserves it most.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:01 AM   #470
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
We're still talking about Marquis in Spades, right?
yes.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:02 AM   #471
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I dunno. I think nearly everybody here has traded insults with me. I guess maybe I feel this way because I'm another fool who is being walked to the guillotine during The Great Cleansing of 2017, of the Netphorian Temple of Agreement.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:05 AM   #472
vixnix
Socialphobic

You know what would be a radical change at Netphoria, is like democracy. Determining the swing of the ban hammer via a poll.

It's kinda weird that the whole place is basically policed by a handful of people who are approached by lobbyists behind the scenes.

It all feels a bit dirty and American

Old 11-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #473
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I agree. Ram27 is definitely getting way out of control.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:07 AM   #474
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Things have just been way off-kilter since he was made super-mod earlier in the year.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:08 AM   #475
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I think if we were to have a poll: "Keep TOC or Lose LaBelle" we all know how that would pan out.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #476
vixnix
Socialphobic

I'm gonna get all French Revolution up in this place

Right after I finish this *mumbles and points*

Old 11-26-2017, 11:10 AM   #477
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Bigotry isn't and shouldn't be confused for diversity, ffs.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:11 AM   #478
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Red face

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
It's kinda weird that the whole place is basically policed by a handful of people who are approached by lobbyists behind the scenes.
tell me more

Old 11-26-2017, 11:13 AM   #479
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
I think if we were to have a poll: "Keep TOC or Lose LaBelle" we all know how that would pan out.
I guess the truth for me is that I know a hundred people like Labelle and only one like TOC, and I don't come here specifically to read anything that Labelle writes.

I'm sorry if that sounds shitty.

Old 11-26-2017, 11:15 AM   #480
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Bigotry isn't and shouldn't be confused for diversity, ffs.
Probably because she writes one liners like this, and then exits the thread. It's the old Eulogy MO.

*Obvious statement that nobody is questioning*
*Ugh I can't even*
*I'm outta here*