i mean come on

Old 12-19-2013, 02:09 AM   #2
slunken
Virgo

i said i mean come on

Old 12-19-2013, 02:10 AM   #3
slunken
Virgo

i got all required xmas shopping done today except for a couple of small wal-mart type gifts.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:12 AM   #4
slunken
Virgo

i was trying on pants in a store at the mall and realized i had a zit on the side of my face (those grand florescent lights) so my self confidence dropped to zero and i started sweating and felt really uncomfortable for the rest of the day.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:13 AM   #5
slunken
Virgo

there was a really cute young lady in the shop as well and i was catching some heavy vibes but feeling like a pile of wet garbage with a zit doesn't help

Old 12-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #6
slunken
Virgo

then the cashier had to call a phone number when i tried to use my gapcard. apparently my account had been frozen because they sent me a piece of mail and it got returned.

no phone calls, no email, just some mail.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:15 AM   #7
slunken
Virgo

i bought a holiday candle and it doesn't smell like pine trees at all can you take back a candle?

Old 12-19-2013, 02:25 AM   #8
slunken
Virgo

happy birthday samuel redman

Old 12-19-2013, 02:27 AM   #9
Order 66
Socialphobic

i'm thinking about just giving everybody money this year.. i really don't feel like shopping. i'm spending xmas in NYC (where i'lll check out denizos o whatever) and then go on a roadtrip to austin or new orleans for new years i havent decided yet. this will probbly be my liver's last xmas

Old 12-19-2013, 02:39 AM   #10
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

my family doesn't do presents for the holidaze. so i guess my shopping is done, too.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:43 AM   #11
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I won't see any family over the holidays, so it's just hoping the kiddy parcels arrive in time and the mail works, for once.
I want to set this up myself, dammit.

http://www.1000steine.com/brickset/images/10937-1.jpg

Old 12-19-2013, 02:50 AM   #12
Order 66
Socialphobic

i have that set. it wasn't fulfilling as the pirates of the carribean set but at least it wasn't as bad as the mark 2 clone wars set

Old 12-19-2013, 03:02 AM   #13
slunken
Virgo

i'm the baby of the family (at 30) and we still do an extensive gift exchange with me, my dad, my two aunts and their husbands, and my grandma. purely out of tradition.

it's bullshit.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:05 AM   #14
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Why is it bullshit? Do you get socks and not, let's say LPs?

Old 12-19-2013, 03:24 AM   #15
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Why is it bullshit? Do you get socks and not, let's say LPs?
It's kind of a family tradition that has stayed intact based around the nucleus of my grandparents and their three children - which is my dad and his two sisters.

the sisters never had kids, grandpa is dead. we're all adults here so I don't feel it's necessary to have a traditional gift exchange the same as we did 20 years ago.

I can understand the 3 siblings and their spouses having a gift exchange with grandma but it often makes me feel left out because, let's face it, I am the odd man out in this scenario. the grown up extra baby.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:27 AM   #16
slunken
Virgo

it's just an awkward situation for me at this point. really if i could just cut out buying gifts for my aunts and their husbands and if the gift exchange was less formal so my gifts didn't seem like pieces of shit by comparison things would be fine.

Old 12-19-2013, 03:28 AM   #17
slunken
Virgo

it literally feels like an obligation to spend money when it comes to them

Old 12-19-2013, 03:29 AM   #18
slunken
Virgo

i can't give these people "gifts from the heart" because their value system is much different than that

Old 12-19-2013, 03:31 AM   #19
slunken
Virgo

after lunch we all head into the family room and start passing out gifts to each other and i feel like a dick because i can't keep up with the rounds. i'm giving out 1-2 gifts instead of 3-5 or more.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:39 AM   #20
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

yeah but who cares what family thinks.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:41 AM   #21
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
i was trying on pants in a store at the mall and realized i had a zit on the side of my face (those grand florescent lights) so my self confidence dropped to zero and i started sweating and felt really uncomfortable for the rest of the day.
i tried on a sweater at macy's recently (i like to sometimes browse after therapy) and saw a zit on my cheek. i got close and when i squeezed it the dang thing shot right onto the mirror. it was so gross and cool.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:51 AM   #22
yo soy el mejor

tim and i are driving to texas for christmas (leaving tomorrow) and i'm excited about road-tripping with the cats. of course i bought my family some inexpensive but thoughtful gifts.
my mom is getting gloves and a book.
my dad fuzzy dice for his car, a head-lamp for working in the garage, and dukes of hazzard season 1.
my bro a sketchbook and pencils/sharpeners/erasers
and an uglydoll for my neice and an interactive exploration book for my little 2nd cousin's who will be there. my family doesn't stress gift-giving as a priority, but i like doing it and i think i'm good at it.

Old 12-19-2013, 11:52 AM   #23
sickbadthing
Out fart the hottie!

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i tried on a sweater at macy's recently (i like to sometimes browse after therapy) and saw a zit on my cheek. i got close and when i squeezed it the dang thing shot right onto the mirror. it was so gross and cool.
did you smear it all over the mirror or just eat it

Old 12-19-2013, 11:58 AM   #24
yo soy el mejor

omg ew no. i used another sweater to wipe the goo.

Old 12-19-2013, 12:58 PM   #25
Bread Regal
Banned

my holidays are going to be weird. my uncle is a gun-totin, codedly racist, anti-tax, pro-FREEDOM type of republican. he is a teddy roosevelt conservationist. he and his family are coming up in their RV.

throughout the year, i've been posting more radically progresively radical shit on facebook, including calling all southern republicans racists, how we need to guillotine the rich, etc. with the understanding that they were filtered from seeing it. And then the other day i realize that they might have seen all that shit where i say obamacare is actually a net positive for society.

now i'm gonna have to see them next week.

Old 12-19-2013, 02:24 PM   #26
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
yeah but who cares what family thinks.
Excellent point

Old 12-19-2013, 02:57 PM   #27
Bread Regal
Banned

and there is the obligation to buy gifts. my family is very easy going about it, but the in-laws will go fucking nuts if you didn't buy enough presents. they take holidays far too seriously. there was one year she had to work on thanksgiving, but still had "friendsgiving" the following weekend. and they hounded her for months for not coming to thanksgiving one year due to work obligations. it was weird.

i kind of hate having to exchange gifts because the mere lopsidedness of the value of the gifts is a reminder of what a failure i am financially. i often get something for my parents in the 25-30 dollar range. honestly considering pirating all the lossless digital versions of her favorite lps and putting them in iTunes, because her collection is very sparse. and maybe a cheesecake. i will get my dad the latest aging rock star autobiography, probably.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #28
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
i really wanted to squeeze mine but didn't want to have an open wound on the side of my face while getting a haircut later.

Old 12-19-2013, 05:44 PM   #29
slunken
Virgo

i think it paid off too

best cheap haircut ever

Old 12-19-2013, 08:20 PM   #30
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

i started making linocut prints so i'm making them for my family. cheap, but time-consuming