Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2016, 06:58 PM   #211
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by wHATcOLOR View Post
does anyone live in a place where you have space to do things? when i was a kid we had a backyard and we could play catch and i would set up a hockey net and practice my shot all afternoon.

i keep thinking how much i wish i could just do something like that, practice my shot, etc. i have a house, but it's in a city and while inside it's got plenty of room, it's not suitable for shooting hockey pucks by any means.

curious how many people have big yards or basements, etc.
my apartment is like 200 sq ft

Old 06-04-2016, 07:26 PM   #212
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
so I had everything in my car inspected and there is nothing at all wrong with it. the guy laughed when I told him the dude told me I needed a new radiator. the only thing wrong is the AC and they put the dye in to check out where it's leaking. because i had a service done all of the $ for inspection went to that instead and I owe nothing. once we know where it's leaking there will be another repair of course but basically i paid for the dye and a/c recharge and peace of mind for $122

i'm fucking mad at tire kingdom, fuck them. i sent a message to corporate on facebook. nothing will happen but i hope somehow they get in trouble. oh btw the only fluid not completely full is the fucking brake fluid. the thing they just repaired 3 days ago.
I can be a vindictive son of a bitch when it comes to people trying to rip me off or coerce me into shit, but I would go back to Liar Kingdom and light them up. They told you a blatant falsehood to squeeze money from you and charged you to fix something they did not fix? Sounds like a free oil change is in order unless they want some negative yelp publicity and or a complaint filed to your local version of better business bureau.

This is normal operating procedure for 90% of places that work on cars. Nothing will happen to anyone involved, but they might throw you a discount or something free. The fact that you did your research and called them out already sets you apart from most other vehicle owners.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:40 PM   #213
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I can be a vindictive son of a bitch when it comes to people trying to rip me off or coerce me into shit, but I would go back to Liar Kingdom and light them up. They told you a blatant falsehood to squeeze money from you and charged you to fix something they did not fix? Sounds like a free oil change is in order unless they want some negative yelp publicity and or a complaint filed to your local version of better business bureau.

This is normal operating procedure for 90% of places that work on cars. Nothing will happen to anyone involved, but they might throw you a discount or something free. The fact that you did your research and called them out already sets you apart from most other vehicle owners.
They fixed it, after breaking it (or a coincidence where my brakes were totally fine but I had maintenance done because they were getting worn and I had the car for 4+ years with no brake work) while doing work on my brakes. Almost makes you wonder if they did it on purpose just to make it where I had to come in again.

I'm just not that kind of vindictive person. I know the guy who straight up lied to me on the phone is the manager. The other dude always talks nice to me about how he'll take care of me etc. They definitely know who I am. Want to pretend to be my brother and call them for me? lol

I actually reviewed them on yelp before I think. I also had an incident... I needed a new tire because mine was unfixable and I knew this (torn), and I bought one from them with road hazard. It got a nail and they fixed it no charge. Then it got another nail some months later and they told me I'd have to pay for it to be fixed but since I'm a pushover I just did it when honestly that's ridiculous. Why would I pay $15 for road hazard on the off chance I get a flat that's repairable when a patch itself is only $25? I looked online and it is supposed to be lifetime, not one time. But this was like more than a year ago.

Now to change that Yelp review. I can't prove they overcharged me on the brakes but this is some bullshit... I can't really prove it either I guess, the guy could just deny it completely. It was over the phone and even in person I told him I'd be back in a few weeks for an oil change and he was like "OK as long as you know about the radiator"

Last edited by reprise85 : 06-04-2016 at 07:52 PM.

Old 06-04-2016, 07:51 PM   #214
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I posted an update but they have other reviews like mine that have been filtered out so I don't doubt mine will be too.

Old 06-04-2016, 08:14 PM   #215
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
i keep thinking how much i wish i could just do something like that, practice my shot, etc.
i live in an apt and i practice my shot everyday

Old 06-04-2016, 08:15 PM   #216
slunken
Virgo

thanks thats my time

Old 06-04-2016, 08:40 PM   #217
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Trust no kingdom
Hi Henry how've you been

Old 06-04-2016, 09:54 PM   #218
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i ordered a used fitbit off ebay and got the package today, with the wristbands and dongle etc, but no actual fitbit. im hoping they actually find it on their desk or something. they didn't send it, but if they think they did they will prob get mad and think i'm trying to screw them. i just want what i paid for

Old 06-04-2016, 09:59 PM   #219
buzzard
Minion of Satan

What do those things actually do?

As far as I can tell, the people that wear them perform no exercise outside of their usual daily routine and simply learn how far they just so happen to walk throughout the course of a regular day.

Old 06-04-2016, 10:02 PM   #220
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

They track steps and calories burned. You can do nothing or do something while it tracks them. It's spits out pretty cool data if you actually use it while you exercise and sleep.

data. mmm.

Old 06-04-2016, 11:27 PM   #221
yo soy el mejor

:]

Old 06-04-2016, 11:30 PM   #222
slunken
Virgo

the only person i know that has a fitbit is my grandma

Old 06-04-2016, 11:33 PM   #223
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
i ordered a used fitbit off ebay and got the package today, with the wristbands and dongle etc, but no actual fitbit. im hoping they actually find it on their desk or something. they didn't send it, but if they think they did they will prob get mad and think i'm trying to screw them. i just want what i paid for

im sure you're already aware but unless it was an honest mistake you just got taken for a ride.

you can take it up with paypal or ebay. whats your rating vs theirs?

Old 06-04-2016, 11:36 PM   #224
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
Trust no kingdom
tire kingdom, burger king, white castle, what else?

Old 06-05-2016, 12:15 AM   #225
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
im sure you're already aware but unless it was an honest mistake you just got taken for a ride.

you can take it up with paypal or ebay. whats your rating vs theirs?
yeah i know it's likely.

they don't have a ton of ratings, like 50, but i figured they were selling their personal fitbit. i only have 5. i don't buy on ebay often.

I think eBay will be reasonable, or paypal I've done dozens if not hundreds of transactions without having a problem. I didn't get what I should have. The seller responded to me by asking if it was in one of the wristbands. It's not.

I prefer the idea that is a dumb mistake and they'll find it on their floor but yeah, I know it's most likely they did it on purpose.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:30 AM   #226
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Paypal is much better to buyers than sellers, so you probably don't have too much to worry about if you open a dispute.

Old 06-05-2016, 12:33 AM   #227
yo soy el mejor

Quote:
The seller responded to me by asking if it was in one of the wristbands.
this person is either really stupid or treating you like you are.

Old 06-05-2016, 02:10 AM   #228
redbull
Immortal

last day of work at my old job today. headed out for a month of music festivals on tuesday. woo!

Old 06-05-2016, 03:01 AM   #229
wHATcOLOR
THIS IS AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!

Location: || MY NAME IS KIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIID ROCK!!

Do you wear earplugs at shows to protect your hearing?

Old 06-05-2016, 03:10 AM   #230
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Do you wear earplugs at shows to protect your hearing?
about 30% of the time, mostly indoors where the DBs are a lot louder

i definitely have tinnitus

Old 06-05-2016, 02:41 PM   #231
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Paypal is much better to buyers than sellers, so you probably don't have too much to worry about if you open a dispute.
Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
this person is either really stupid or treating you like you are.
They refunded me today. It was coming from an individual, sounded to me by her message that her and her husband got them at the same time and then sold them both on eBay. When I bought it they asked me if I'd be OK with the black one since they'd sold the gray one the previous day. Their listing showed two for sale.

The lady searched for it and came to the conclusion that they might have sent both to the person who got the gray one. She said she assumed it was in one of the bands and didn't check thoroughly before sending it. I am going to mail what I got back. This could have been bad but ended well. Yay for honest people. I'm only going to lose like $3 on the deal, and I actually already found and bought another one for $41.99 so in the end I'll be paying the same price.

Thank god I didn't get a shithead who either 1) did it on purpose or 2) would refuse to admit they may have made a mistake and fought my claim. I already left them positive feedback.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #232
slunken
Virgo

Cool, I'm glad you didn't get fucked. There are a lot of scammers out there, although most are buyers, I'm just glad some company took your word for it.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:10 PM   #233
butthurt
Apocalyptic Poster

I've had some bad luck with ebay items shipped directly from China, but the good news is that they are usually quick to give a refund without wanting the item back. I got a delay pedal for free, and was able to repair it with a part that cost me 67 cents.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:11 PM   #234
slunken
Virgo

@ reprise: Here's the kicker: do you now feel like if you wanted to scam the seller you could have?

Old 06-05-2016, 05:12 PM   #235
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by butthurt View Post
I've had some bad luck with ebay items shipped directly from China, but the good news is that they are usually quick to give a refund without wanting the item back. I got a delay pedal for free, and was able to repair it with a part that cost me 67 cents.
i stopped messing around with international shipping years ago. this is where most of the "scams" happen.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:14 PM   #236
slunken
Virgo

although once i had a guitar pedal shipped to me in a bubble envelope, which was after paypal refunded for a previous transaction where the first one didn't show up from a different seller. didn't want to cry wolf.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:27 PM   #237
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
@ reprise: Here's the kicker: do you now feel like if you wanted to scam the seller you could have?
This seller, yes. Because it was a person and not a company and they are in fact trusting me to a large degree, unless the woman or her husband can actually remember what they did with the other one. But most sellers, no, I don't think they'd fall for a scam like what (really) happened to me. Not to say they wouldn't lose arbitration, but they'd fight it. Although if it was a larger company they might just chalk it up to "don't know too many people work here who knows if someone fucked up"

She is very nice and I am glad in this world there are people who can trust others and in fact not be taken advantage of. There is at least one example of this now :P

Old 06-05-2016, 05:38 PM   #238
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
This seller, yes. Because it was a person and not a company and they are in fact trusting me to a large degree, unless the woman or her husband can actually remember what they did with the other one. But most sellers, no, I don't think they'd fall for a scam like what (really) happened to me. Not to say they wouldn't lose arbitration, but they'd fight it. Although if it was a larger company they might just chalk it up to "don't know too many people work here who knows if someone fucked up"

She is very nice and I am glad in this world there are people who can trust others and in fact not be taken advantage of. There is at least one example of this now :P
Stories like this are a good sign of how the system works. I've only had a couple of problems in over 17 years of mail-order internet stuff, and everytime it's been a breeze to deal with.

I have a lot of family who are super-scared of internet/bank-account/etc stuff and I try to tell them that the system is set up to protect you, the buyer.

i'm also a member of an international record selling site and they've got tons upon tons of horror stories of scams.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:42 PM   #239
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I really can't think of many problems I've had. Once I didn't receive some sponges I ordered from China or something, thru amazon. When I emailed them there was this long drawn out "this happens all the time international orders are unreliable we can send you out more in one month" I decided it wasn't worth $4 to do anything about.

I don't do much eBay stuff anymore but I don't think I ever had any issue with anyone. And I started way back in prehistoric days, like probably you slunken. When you didn't even have to have had a transaction with a person to leave them feedback. The wild wild west. I think once I had to send back something and it was like this, cost $3 return shipping and that's fine, shit happens and I don't expect the seller to lose even more money if it's a person and not a company. Not gonna sweat that.

Old 06-05-2016, 05:46 PM   #240
slunken
Virgo

i once bought a sleeveless hooded silk robe from china and i couldn't find the belt and the seller was like "sorry too bad" and then i found it in the package.

ebay rules.