Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-22-2011, 06:11 PM   #1
starlightvideoproductions
Ownz

Default A better idea then the inevitable aweful remasters:

Dear B0lly: So you're probably gonna fuck up these remasters, we all know this. But we'll still want to hear these supposed unreleased songs. So, how about you just release a box set of all rare material from the SP1 days? Nirvana did it and it was one of the best selling box sets of all time (or maybe the best?). Again, we know you'll fuck it up. At least you could spare us the embarrassment of listening to the new "loud at any volume" albums. Thanks B0llster!

Old 05-22-2011, 06:30 PM   #2
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

No, but you see, we can't live in the past anymore if he ruins it for us. You see?

Old 05-22-2011, 07:42 PM   #3
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

I've been saying this for years now. Stop it with the deluxe editions and just give me the unreleased stuff.

For example those new Pink Floyd boxed sets I don't want to have to spend $200 and get three different version of Darkside to get 10 unreleased tracks.

Old 05-22-2011, 07:45 PM   #4
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

at this point my expectations levels really can't get any lower. my hopes could be ready for the upswing. any. time. now.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:01 PM   #5
Space Girl 1979
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by RenewRevive View Post
at this point my expectations levels really can't get any lower. my hopes could be ready for the upswing. any. time. now.
It can always get worse.

Old 05-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #6
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

honestly it can't.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:06 AM   #7
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

he could literally start writing exclusively for commercials or children's shows or something

Old 05-23-2011, 02:22 AM   #8
Cade McNown
Pledge

chicago code not picked up for second season

Old 05-23-2011, 02:35 AM   #9
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
he could literally start writing exclusively for commercials or children's shows or something
with that voice, no he can't. so my statement stands.

Old 05-23-2011, 04:05 AM   #10
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I honestly think that would be a step up.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:04 AM   #11
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

I'm surprised he hasn't done that sooner, actually. Be a fucking professional songwriter, give songs to those American Idol people to sing. Produce their shitty records. Make money without the hassle of being in the limelight.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:45 AM   #12
cardiac
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Wouldn't be the end of the world considering Ian Mackaye already did a pretty good job at it.

Old 05-23-2011, 08:54 AM   #13
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cade McNown View Post
chicago code not picked up for second season
pleased that i stuck to my new policy of not watching the first season of a show until i know whether it gets canned by twitchy-trigger-finger US TV Execs, even though i was a huge fan of Ryan's the Shield. the pressure for immediate results in the UK so so vastly less. you would not believe the lame and semi-lame shows that run for years (even decades) over here.

the worst that happens over here is Channel 4 buying quality American TV (like Sopranos, Six feet Under) and marooning it on the late night, early morning schedule (gotta make room for Big brother, reruns and shitty reality shows at primetime - i kid you not).

Old 05-23-2011, 12:26 PM   #14
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
I'm surprised he hasn't done that sooner, actually. Be a fucking professional songwriter, give songs to those American Idol people to sing. Produce their shitty records. Make money without the hassle of being in the limelight.
People can hear how terrible his songs and production are. Most people from the 90's that made that transition did it a decade ago.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:44 PM   #15
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

yeah i can see how billy degenerating into an enabler for the soulless corporate hit-machine would be a positive step for the battle-scarred SP fan.

Old 05-23-2011, 12:51 PM   #16
RenewRevive
Minion of Satan

just don't fuck up the remasters. i'm now used to the idea of not liking, or at best only semi-liking billy's music these days. i am still kind of a glass-half-full person in general, so i won't give up on the possibility of enjoying new SP music at some point; and this probably explains the sinking feeling of disappointment i inevitably get when new material gets released. the day i don't get that feeling is when i will irrevocably give up hope, like with bands like Rush in the past (this probably happened in the mid '90s).

Old 05-23-2011, 02:02 PM   #17
whywontyoulistn
Ownz

We'll never get beyond the Gish remaster, as everyone will say how much better the original is, b0lly will throw his toys out of the pram, and that'll be another project over.

Old 05-23-2011, 02:08 PM   #18
Floppy Nono
Socialphobic

lol u think we're going to get to the gish remaster?

Old 05-23-2011, 02:13 PM   #19
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.

Y'all would be a lot happier if you just pretend that Billy stopped producing anything after Machina. I know I am.

Old 05-24-2011, 12:55 AM   #20
stumpycat
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by JokeyLoki View Post
Y'all would be a lot happier if you just pretend that Billy stopped producing anything after Machina. I know I am.
I think we all invested in that delusion by creating the notion of "SP: 1988-2000 RIP." I know that people like Pale Princess have been perfectly happy and well adjusted entertaining this belief for a decade.

Also, I think that Billy INSISTS on the ability to remain in the limelight so relegating himself to songwriting alone is a no-go I'm afraid. Plus, I'm not even that sure he actually enjoys writing any more.

Old 05-24-2011, 03:17 AM   #21
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by stumpycat View Post
I think we all invested in that delusion by creating the notion of "SP: 1988-2000 RIP." I know that people like Pale Princess have been perfectly happy and well adjusted entertaining this belief for a decade.

Also, I think that Billy INSISTS on the ability to remain in the limelight so relegating himself to songwriting alone is a no-go I'm afraid. Plus, I'm not even that sure he actually enjoys writing any more.
It's not just the limelight he is also a control freak, he can't work with others. He would get halfway through his first advertising gig, quit and then spend a decade blogging about how immoral the people he worked with were.