Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 04-08-2015, 08:47 AM   #31
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

in short: they put out an aeroplane flies high & 6 disc + dvd adore reissue; if machina gets shelved, i'll eat my shorts

live on cam to a mike byrne solo track

Old 04-08-2015, 08:50 AM   #32
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

remember how "contracts were signed" and all reissues would be out by the end of 2013 and there was no way this wasn't going to happen?

lololo

Old 04-08-2015, 08:54 AM   #33
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mals Marola View Post
in short: they put out an aeroplane flies high & 6 disc + dvd adore reissue; if machina gets shelved, i'll eat my shorts
Aeroplane Flies High sold more than the Adore reissue.

Old 04-08-2015, 09:09 AM   #34
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

mellon collie, aeroplane, and adore reissue were released within 2 years of each other

how does this not give reason for a more optimistic prospective on the machine one - hell even him saying there is a "dispute" is better than no word on it at all. the word around here was that he was going to give up day for night as well but that doesn't seem to have happened - if it (the machine reissue) isn't out by December of this year... well then maybe there's some cause for worry but honestly at this point I'd say things are running fairly smoothly, at least based on the amount of things put out in the past 2 years

also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Aeroplane Flies High sold more than the Adore reissue.
I find this hard to believe, I'm not doubting you but where are you getting the statistics?

Old 04-08-2015, 09:15 AM   #35
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i just want to BELIEVE

Old 04-08-2015, 09:41 AM   #36
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

Ha I was bullshitting, though TAFH has a higher sales rank than Adore on Amazon UK. The opposite is true for Amazon US by a much higher margin. Not sure what that tells you. I don't think sales figures for either will be pleasing to the label, and MCIS didn't have much of a promotional push compared to SD, either.

Whilst those albums feature a much higher hit rate and support a wealth of extras, I don't think the Adore reissue did anything to improve perception of that album. It isn't a lost classic and it isn't as good as MCIS or SD, most people who bought it first time wouldn't double dip on it. Because of that, a more carefully selected, cheaper 2 CD + DVD set would've probably been preferable than a million acoustic variations of album tracks and the alt mix disc.

By comparison, Machina and Zwan has material which deserves revisiting, be it poorly mixed or unreleased. They could just be stalling until 2016 for a variety of reasons. Or it could be dead. It's obviously frustrating given the original timetable for these reissues and Billy's tendency to disappoint the fans and shoot himself in the foot.

Old 04-08-2015, 10:25 AM   #37
Ram27
dumb

I've torrented all of them so the more material the better, even if there is some shit to wade through

Old 04-08-2015, 11:15 AM   #38
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
No surprise, I bet it's on hold because:

ii) Billy has unrealistic and overambitious plans to record new material for Machina.
It has to be this; his plans sounded ridiculous when he first announced them and I'd bet anything he hadn't discussed them with the record company beforehand. The "dispute" is just him telling some Virgin exec "So, I'm gonna need that big pile of money now for hiring Flood and redoing my megahit double album Machina: The Machines of God, you know, all that stuff we talked about that one time" and the exec going

Old 04-08-2015, 11:40 AM   #39
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i mean shit should we just get a pre-emptive strike on this and start the "don't can the machina reissue!" online petition now?

Old 04-08-2015, 11:45 AM   #40
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
i mean shit should we just get a pre-emptive strike on this and start the "don't can the machina reissue!" online petition now?
If Billy thinks people actually want something he will never release it.

Old 04-08-2015, 11:46 AM   #41
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

an online petition for something we want is making sure we won't get it - ever!

Old 04-08-2015, 11:54 AM   #42
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

that attracted rejection like flies to a lamppost jeez

but chicago kid, the chicago kid theory!!!!!

Old 04-08-2015, 12:40 PM   #43
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I think it'll be out by september.
Totally wrong!

Thankfully there were no stakes (steaks?) involved.

We should've done avatar bets.

Old 04-08-2015, 12:55 PM   #44
IWishIWasBlank
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
What would be really cool is if he just made one good album from both of them.

Machina II *is* the good album from both of them.

Hi, my name is newb and I refuse to read threads, past or present, or even the post that came before mine. Would you kindly tell me who these "Smashing Pumpkins" are, what kind of music they play, where I could illegally download their CD's, how can I download all of their shows, where is yesterday's show, and where are the never-before-released hoarded for 15 years shows. And say... how come you guys are such assholes to new guys like me?

Last edited by IWishIWasBlank : 04-08-2015 at 01:35 PM.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #45
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
strike? chillax, bitch.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:32 PM   #46
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

I would imagine the label behind Monuments and Day For Night wouldn't want any other release to get in the way and steal the release that they're putting promo and money into's thunder. I'd think they would rather Billy release Machina reissue well after Day For Night is out. Most fans would want to go for Machina reissue rather than the new album going by numbers/sales. So I wouldn't be surprised if the current label told Billy to hold off on the reissue and put all his focus on the new album.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:33 PM   #47
Cool As Ice Cream

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
So I wouldn't be surprised if the current label told Billy to hold off on the reissue and put all his focus on the new album.
yeah, 'cause that's gonna sell...

Old 04-08-2015, 01:39 PM   #48
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
I would imagine the label behind Monuments and Day For Night wouldn't want any other release to get in the way and steal the release that they're putting promo and money into's thunder. I'd think they would rather Billy release Machina reissue well after Day For Night is out. Most fans would want to go for Machina reissue rather than the new album going by numbers/sales. So I wouldn't be surprised if the current label told Billy to hold off on the reissue and put all his focus on the new album.
not the same label, though.

either way, better take some time than release a sloppy reissue and a new album thrown together in a week.

Old 04-08-2015, 01:42 PM   #49
bunny
Demi-God

adore didn't sell well, billy cries.
it's 1998 all over again.
a million $$ home and it's still not enough.

Old 04-08-2015, 02:04 PM   #50
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
strike? chillax, bitch.
that's not what i meant bitch

that one must have been (swoosh) lost over seas!

Old 04-08-2015, 02:07 PM   #51
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Totally wrong!

Thankfully there were no stakes (steaks?) involved.

We should've done avatar bets.
there were steaks involved i was going to treat everyone in the "inner circle" to a luxurious steak dinner had it dropped on time

Old 04-08-2015, 06:51 PM   #52
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
yeah, 'cause that's gonna sell...
Exactly!
It's already an uphill battle for the label to get sales off the new stuff, hence making Billy hold off on the reissue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
not the same label, though.

either way, better take some time than release a sloppy reissue and a new album thrown together in a week.
I understand that it's not the same label. I meant the new label wanting Billy to hold off on releasing the reissue to keep focus on the new album that they are putting money behind and promoting. They wouldn't want something that would draw fans away from the new stuff since most fans would go for the Machina reissue over the new album is what I meant.

But yes, I rather Billy take the time and release something proper over rushing anything... whether it has to do with the new album or reissues.

Old 04-08-2015, 07:06 PM   #53
Order 66
Socialphobic

i think the deal is, when the rubber hit the pavement and the label saw how expensive a comprehensive re-master of machina 1-2 would be (i.e., an "album" as large as, if not larger than, MCIS) they slammed the brakes. i don't think it had anything to do with "sales", as everybody always knew this was going to sell shit. it's more a matter of reality sinking in and the label not thinking ahead

hope things can work out as this is the one re-issue i'm willing to fork out whatever they want for. but whatevs

Old 04-08-2015, 07:24 PM   #54
gyang333
Pledge

Why can't we assume it's a dispute with rights? Wasn't Pisces delayed because of the concert footage or something?

Maybe James Iha is being a piece of shit like BC called years ago and wants more money...

Old 04-09-2015, 02:38 AM   #55
Cool As Ice Cream

monty is already preparing his website for the weekly "sips of mercury".

Old 04-09-2015, 05:51 AM   #56
absof
Demi-God

My bet is 2 December 2015.

If it's not out then, we won't see it in BC's lifetime..

This is the best alternative atm, it seems. link

Old 04-09-2015, 06:53 AM   #57
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Exactly!
It's already an uphill battle for the label to get sales off the new stuff, hence making Billy hold off on the reissue.

I understand that it's not the same label. I meant the new label wanting Billy to hold off on releasing the reissue to keep focus on the new album that they are putting money behind and promoting. They wouldn't want something that would draw fans away from the new stuff since most fans would go for the Machina reissue over the new album is what I meant.

But yes, I rather Billy take the time and release something proper over rushing anything... whether it has to do with the new album or reissues.
You know there is no shame in realizing what you said is fucking insanely stupid and not defending it.

Old 04-09-2015, 08:14 AM   #58
FoolofaTook

yeah, that approach has always worked for me

Old 04-09-2015, 08:14 AM   #59
FoolofaTook

except that i am full of shame

Old 04-09-2015, 10:24 AM   #60
brandnewfan
Amish Rake Fighter

So we all downloaded Identify, the alt versions of Home and Raindrops + Sunshowers, and the full band Without You, all of which probably would've been on this reissue and SP CAMP/fucking-monte got butthurt. And now we're not getting the Machina reissue.