Nobody but Trump talks like that.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:44 AM   #332
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Was there ever any doubt?

Nobody but Trump talks like that.
Nope, not in my mind. It's just nice to see the physician going public.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:45 AM   #333
myosis
Minion of Satan

what's funny in this thread is fuzzy blindly believing anything Putin says, like he's some icon of transparency, like he's not the biggest liar you may know, like his actions follow his words. what a gullible sheep. then he pats himself on the back for not subscribing to "herd mentality" and not trusting the US government.

Old 05-02-2018, 11:55 AM   #334
Disco King
Minion of Satan

The U.S. is a much bigger threat to international peace and security than Russia is.

But that doesn't make Russia good. In terms of domestic civil rights, I'd obviously prefer to live in the United States than to live in Russia.

Some people have this mentality that accepting that American neo-imperialism is bad means that you must conclude that any U.S. enemies are good. Like when tankies trip over themselves to praise North Korea or something.

Old 05-02-2018, 12:01 PM   #335
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
To be fair would the doctor really have put his name on it if he didn't think Trump was healthy?

Old 05-02-2018, 12:05 PM   #336
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Old 05-02-2018, 12:11 PM   #337
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by MplsTaper View Post
To be fair would the doctor really have put his name on it if he didn't think Trump was healthy?

Old 05-02-2018, 12:12 PM   #338
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Old 05-02-2018, 12:35 PM   #339
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by hnibos View Post
idk, lots of pressure to do what a president wants you to do, you know?

Old 05-02-2018, 02:04 PM   #340
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Considering trump's diet and habits his blood pressure is likely far from "astonishingly excellent."

Old 05-02-2018, 02:20 PM   #341
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
idk, lots of pressure to do what a president wants you to do, you know?
I thought this was when he was just a candidate? At least, that's what my memory says.

Old 05-02-2018, 03:35 PM   #342
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

isn't it cute how we've watched this tender, comical fool with bad opinions on music morph into a legitimate little authoritarian?

Old 05-02-2018, 03:48 PM   #343
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

fuzz, the woman I have been dating lived in Russia for over a year. I will be sure to relay some of your perceptions of Russia to her and see what she thinks. previously she has told me americans have no idea how evil the government in russia is, but I'll pick her brain with your uninformed musings. you know, to "have an open mind"

Old 05-02-2018, 05:17 PM   #344
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
isn't it cute how we've watched this tender, comical fool with bad opinions on music morph into a legitimate little authoritarian?
I still believe if he had been embraced by this board, he would've turned left. Instead, he was rejected and let Poots turn him to the dark side.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:24 PM   #345
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
the anti-propaganda law about pedophilia and homosexuality.

do you not see the problem with equating these two things. of putting them in the same law. do you not see how that, in itself, is bigoted/homophobic/completely fucked up?

seriously that video is putin patting himself on the back that they don't execute gays
He certainly didn't do himself any favors in how he phrased himself in that interview. He does a better job of articulating himself in the Oliver Stone documentary. I'll be clear, I don't agree with the law, but I'm a person who if I have kids, would wanna be the person to teach them about this kind of thing, but I think the Russian law is a little too open ended.

I'm not saying Putin is perfect or anything, but he's right about a lot of things. Especially when it comes to the actions of the United States. Russia has changed in a lot of ways over the years and for the better. I personally think it would be a big mistake for the US to try and stir things up with them again.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #346
fuzzyroes
Banned

There's a book with the entire Oliver Stone/Putin interview transcript with a ton of stuff that didn't make the air. It's a fascinating read and really paints Putin in a reasonable light on about 80% of the topics.

I'd highly recommend checking it out. It's easy to demonize leaders of other nations because of the American propaganda machine, but it's better if we do our own research.

Old 05-02-2018, 06:27 PM   #347
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
yeah please do this time, like you said a couple times before, like in your own posts that pavementtune quoted for you just a few posts ago, which you managed to ignore.
!

Old 05-02-2018, 06:29 PM   #348
fuzzyroes
Banned

The Smashing Pumpkins have been boring as fuckkkkkkkkkkkk to follow lately.

I figured the reunion would energize the band and it's happenings, but so far it's been a total snooze fest.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:06 PM   #349
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
…but I'm a person who if I have kids, would wanna be the person to teach them about this kind of thing…
Let's please not entertain the idea of you being in any position of educational authority over young people.

Also, whether the Russian government is authoritarian or not, and whether escalating tensions with Russia is desirable or not, are too distinct questions. Stop conflating them. Reasonable people can create an argument against aggression against Russia without whitewashing the Putin regime and pretending PUTIN DINDU NUFFIN'.

Old 05-02-2018, 07:25 PM   #350
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
so much tension in that room. love it
It must have felt fucking terrible to have that focused on her in those moments but she just kept going. I dunno if she propped herself up with drugs first but if she did, it was well worth it

Old 05-02-2018, 09:05 PM   #351
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Nah, she's a cringe comedian who thrives on this shit. You see her face when she sat down? Fucking nailed it and she knew it.

I haven't belly laughed that hard and that often​ in years.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:08 PM   #352
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
He certainly didn't do himself any favors in how he phrased himself in that interview. He does a better job of articulating himself in the Oliver Stone documentary. I'll be clear, I don't agree with the law, but I'm a person who if I have kids, would wanna be the person to teach them about this kind of thing, but I think the Russian law is a little too open ended.
YOU posted the clip. If it's a bad clip and not indicative of your point why the fuck did you post it? The law is homophobic merely because it equates pedophilia and homosexuality. Beyond that, purposefully making it illegal to show homosexual relationships in media is not "balanced." Guess what? Homos exist, we use toothpaste and drink soda and have families. It shouldn't be illegal to show a homosexual couple with crest in their cabinet. That's not "indoctrination."

Quote:
I'm not saying Putin is perfect or anything, but he's right about a lot of things. Especially when it comes to the actions of the United States. Russia has changed in a lot of ways over the years and for the better. I personally think it would be a big mistake for the US to try and stir things up with them again.
Putin just fucked our entire election process while holding a sham election that our traitor president congratulated him for "winning." And the US shouldn't stir things up with them again? The cold war never ended.

Last edited by reprise85 : 05-02-2018 at 09:13 PM.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:48 PM   #353
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
YOU posted the clip. If it's a bad clip and not indicative of your point why the fuck did you post it? The law is homophobic merely because it equates pedophilia and homosexuality. Beyond that, purposefully making it illegal to show homosexual relationships in media is not "balanced." Guess what? Homos exist, we use toothpaste and drink soda and have families. It shouldn't be illegal to show a homosexual couple with crest in their cabinet. That's not "indoctrination."

Putin just fucked our entire election process while holding a sham election that our traitor president congratulated him for "winning." And the US shouldn't stir things up with them again? The cold war never ended.
It was the only clip I could find that wasn't like a 30 minute clip. I think the point still stands, he says homosexuality is welcome in the country.

This idea that Putin fucked "the entire election" is nonsense. Nothing that was shown in those leaks was false, and this idea that any real difference was made from making some fake news stories is laughable. The US still haven't come forward with any proof that it was actually Russia behind the attacks and Julian Assange vehemently denies that it was any Russian agents, so I'm not even sure I believe the official story.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:52 PM   #354
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'll say, when Putin talks about foreign relations, he certainly sounds a lot more sensible than the United States and I think that's part of why there's this paradigm shift regarding how Putin is perceived around the world. Russia isn't perfect, but he has the country going in the right direction.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #355
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
It was the only clip I could find that wasn't like a 30 minute clip. I think the point still stands, he says homosexuality is welcome in the country.
This is, quite frankly, ridiculous. He says that one line and then says all these things about how all religions agree it's wrong and how other places kill homos so they should be glad that Russia doesn't hang them in the streets. You are smarter than this.

Quote:
This idea that Putin fucked "the entire election" is nonsense. Nothing that was shown in those leaks was false, and this idea that any real difference was made from making some fake news stories is laughable. The US still haven't come forward with any proof that it was actually Russia behind the attacks and Julian Assange vehemently denies that it was any Russian agents, so I'm not even sure I believe the official story.
You don't believe the story of dozens of intelligence agencies but believe Putin and Julian Assange because...? Don't worry, Robert Mueller gonna drop the bomb on everyone eventually, but I'm sure that won't convince you of anything.

Old 05-02-2018, 09:55 PM   #356
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I'll say, when Putin talks about foreign relations, he certainly sounds a lot more sensible than the United States and I think that's part of why there's this paradigm shift regarding how Putin is perceived around the world. Russia isn't perfect, but he has the country going in the right direction.
You mean like when he talks about how Syria has the right to murder its own citizens

Quite frankly the USA and Russia are both dark agents but Putin is truly the cult of personality master

Old 05-02-2018, 09:58 PM   #357
fuzzyroes
Banned

Here's Putin talking about how Obama helped create ISIS

Old 05-02-2018, 10:02 PM   #358
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
You don't believe the story of dozens of intelligence agencies but believe Putin and Julian Assange because...? Don't worry, Robert Mueller gonna drop the bomb on everyone eventually, but I'm sure that won't convince you of anything.
Mueller has nothing. That's why this whole thing is still dragging on, it's a total none-story.

And honestly, with the track record that United States regarding being honest over the years are you really so confident to trust them at face value? I'm certainly not.

Even if Putin did interfere, I look at it like he was doing the world a massive favor. Now I know that that sort of thought process enrages a lot of people because it set's off a worm-hole but what was supposedly accomplished was for the good of mankind.

Old 05-02-2018, 10:07 PM   #359
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Here's Putin talking about how Obama helped create ISIS

US has armed middle eastern militias for decades and decades, including attempting to help some win wars against - you guessed it! - russia. and a lot of that did backfire. it certainly didn't start with Obama

Old 05-02-2018, 10:09 PM   #360
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
You mean like when he talks about how Syria has the right to murder its own citizens

Quite frankly the USA and Russia are both dark agents but Putin is truly the cult of personality master
Never said that. And honestly, there's a TON of evidence that those gas attacks were a false-flag. Assad vehemently denies it... In fact a United States Senator Rand Paul came forward doubting the story that United States is pedaling. He even suggests that it was a false-flag