Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 10-06-2011, 11:12 AM   #61
bigleaguechew
Pledge

i saw somewhere that they would be selling USB drives with soundboards of the gigs to people after the performances..was that the case for this first show of the tour? if so, i imagine this would be easy as pie to upload. i wants to hears this show

Old 10-06-2011, 11:26 AM   #62
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigleaguechew View Post
i saw somewhere that they would be selling USB drives with soundboards of the gigs to people after the performances..was that the case for this first show of the tour? if so, i imagine this would be easy as pie to upload. i wants to hears this show
go to smashingpumpkins.com you can buy a usb online and it ships within three days. looks like they'll be offering one for every show. you don't need to be at the shows to buy them.

I'm sure somebody will buy every single show.

or, you can just wait a few days and find a torrent.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:41 AM   #63
bigleaguechew
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
go to smashingpumpkins.com you can buy a usb online and it ships within three days. looks like they'll be offering one for every show. you don't need to be at the shows to buy them.

I'm sure somebody will buy every single show.

or, you can just wait a few days and find a torrent.
oh ok gotcha, thanks. definitely will be just waiting for the torrent or perhaps..a mediafire type upload??? hint hint to anyone reading..

it's hard to decide if i am more interested to hear what the new songs sound like or if mike has improved at all with his clunky playing.

Old 10-06-2011, 11:47 AM   #64
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

mike byrne rocks

no improvement needed

Old 10-06-2011, 12:00 PM   #65
omoi
Pledge

Terrible set list.

1. No Jimmy
2. No faith in the new material. What's all this, "the right band, the right time" but he plays stuff from an older band?

I don't know how Jeff and the others can stand to play another band's old, old songs as their main stuff each night.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:03 PM   #66
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

And the new songs? how does it sound? Anyone?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:15 PM   #67
lala
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by omoi View Post
Terrible set list.

1. No Jimmy
2. No faith in the new material. What's all this, "the right band, the right time" but he plays stuff from an older band?

I don't know how Jeff and the others can stand to play another band's old, old songs as their main stuff each night.
lol

Old 10-06-2011, 12:18 PM   #68
T&T
Socialphobic

was the title track Oach any good?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:29 PM   #69
slunken
Virgo

who played keyboards?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:31 PM   #70
slunken
Virgo

image commentary:

jeff looks like a slob comparitively. even mikey got a haircut and is wearing a button-down shirt. billy is wearing capri pants. nicole thought they were playing machina songs still and wins.

Old 10-06-2011, 12:33 PM   #71
slunken
Virgo

is that the shroud of turin printed on billy's sh irt?

Old 10-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #72
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Terrible set list.
wtf are you talking about

Old 10-06-2011, 12:51 PM   #73
omoi
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
wtf are you talking about
As someone else said, this would have been a great setlist in 2007/2008. Without Jimmy many of these songs don't work (or, rather, with Mike they don't) as the Geek video reinforces. It's like ActIV, featuring special guest Billy Corgan. I was hoping he'd backup all his talk about the "right band, the right time" and play the new materials and show its worth. Who's he really catering to at this point?

"Hey guys, let's do Bullet as the encore."

Old 10-06-2011, 12:53 PM   #74
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
As someone else said, this would have been a great setlist in 2007/2008.
oh, ok. i see what you mean now.

Quote:

: /

Old 10-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #75
franzel
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
Cool! Are there more songs up on youtube? Can't seem to find them...

Old 10-06-2011, 01:30 PM   #76
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

Quote:
As someone else said, this would have been a great setlist in 2007/2008. Without Jimmy many of these songs don't work (or, rather, with Mike they don't) as the Geek video reinforces. It's like ActIV, featuring special guest Billy Corgan. I was hoping he'd backup all his talk about the "right band, the right time" and play the new materials and show its worth. Who's he really catering to at this point?

He told fans to post on twitter songs they wanted to hear on the tour.

So we get windowpaine, obscured, pissant, frail, geek, and ruby. It could have been C'mon Let's Go and Pox, y'know.

It's also 2 months until the reissue of Gish and SD, if you think it's a coincidence the setlist is 1990-1993 heavy, you're foolish.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:35 PM   #77
Spira|_
Apocalyptic Poster

indeed. I was a bit foolish.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #78
darcy666
Demi-God

Quote:
Who's he really catering to at this point?

Obviously not you. You're free to leave at any time.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:51 PM   #79
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post

So we get windowpaine, obscured, pissant, frail, geek, and ruby. It could have been C'mon Let's Go and Pox, y'know.

It's also 2 months until the reissue of Gish and SD, if you think it's a coincidence the setlist is 1990-1993 heavy, you're foolish.
It makes sense but it's still odd to see absolutely no Machina or Zeitgiest.

It is awesome he actually listened to fan feedback when picking songs for the tour. I wonder if that also affected what is on the bonus discs or if those were already done by then.

Old 10-06-2011, 01:54 PM   #80
Kahlo

DEL

Old 10-06-2011, 02:08 PM   #81
Banana
Banned

What's up with no videos of any of the new songs? I don't give a shit about old songs getting butchered by their shitty drummer.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:12 PM   #82
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Default Smashing Pumpkins Kick Off Tour With Hard-Charging L.A. Show

from rollingstone.com:

Billy Corgan hadn’t let five minutes go by before he peeled off his first guitar solo at the Wiltern Theatre in Los Angeles, where the Smashing Pumpkins launched a fall tour last night. (The U.S. leg of the tour wraps up in Philadelphia on October 22nd, and the band heads to Europe for a series of dates after that.) The group’s new show is a two-hour feast of multisensory psychedelia – think strobe lights, reflective gold fringe and a pair of enormous fans in the shape of revolving daisies.

But Corgan and his current bandmates – guitarist Jeff Schroeder, bassist Nicole Fiorentino and drummer Mike Byrne – have hardly gone hippie since they last played live in 2010: At the Wiltern the Pumpkins were more interested in power than flowers, bulldozing through muscular versions of old hits, recent stuff and material from Oceania, an upcoming studio album due out early next year.

The lean-and-mean approach extended to Corgan’s stage banter, which as recently as three years ago was likely to devolve into a lengthy diatribe about his artistic integrity and fans’ obsession with the early 1990s. In stark contrast, the frontman didn’t even address last night’s capacity crowd until well over an hour into the concert, when he sang, "Oh, California, look what you’ve done to me," in "Owata," a crisply propulsive highlight from the Pumpkins’ ongoing Teargarden by Kaleidyscope project. (Earlier he’d freestyled a bit of "Peter Piper Picked a Peck of Pickled Peppers," but that seemed purely for his own amusement.)

If he kept the words to a minimum, though, Corgan funneled his rat-in-a-cage intensity into his singing and playing, particularly in the pummeling "Quasar," from Oceania, and in a thrashed-out take on Siamese Dream’s "Geek U.S.A." The band reached back to their 1993 classic for a handful of other tunes, including "Cherub Rock" and "Silverfuck," the latter of which featured a freak-out by the band’s two guitarists; Schroeder later defaced that song’s mellow stretch with some appealing No Wave skronk.

And although the energy dipped a bit during "Suffer" and "Obscured" (both from the Gish days), Corgan and company recharged for Oceania’s "My Love Is Winter" and the Adore deep cut "For Martha." They encored with a breakneck "Bullet with Butterfly Wings," and even here Corgan kept his nose to the grindstone, allowing the audience to take over lead-vocal duties for an a cappella singalong. Despite all his rage, dude looked happy – and grateful – to be there.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:13 PM   #83
Thatchy Corker
Pledge

Oceania: http://www.sendspace.com/file/i3tt4p

Courtesy of that dude who uploaded the Geek USA video.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:24 PM   #84
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

mixed feelings

better than it just sucking balls

thanks btw dude!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:27 PM   #85
brendo_91
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SlingeroGuitaro View Post
He used both Bogner and Diezel early 2007, and at some point during the touring that year dropped Bogner all together.

I have never liked the Diezel sound with the band.
Its just kind of... characterless, isn't it? High gain nothingness. I'd assumed that sound was the Bogner doing a "boutique" version of "characterless nothingness" though.

We need to get the man back into Marshalls... even if he picks one of the new JVM series!

Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #86
omoi
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by darcy666 View Post
Obviously not you. You're free to leave at any time.
So, you're excited about Bullet being on the setlist?

Old 10-06-2011, 02:31 PM   #87
Thatchy Corker
Pledge

I'm really digging the second half - epic, singing with passion. It seems almost impossible to screw up...

Old 10-06-2011, 02:33 PM   #88
omoi
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrock View Post

I get that he listened to the fan requests. But the entire set list is pretty much old songs. Not much to show for the new material, I guess.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #89
dustrock
debunked!

Location: Part-alien, part-human, part-robot, part-star-crossed lover and part-mercury filled

there is a rumor (assuming someone got a copy of the setlist) that they were set to play Pale Horse and some other song Pinwheels? at the start of the encore but skipped them.

Old 10-06-2011, 02:45 PM   #90
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Because they're professional musicians?