Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2018, 10:33 PM   #841
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: i miss everything i値l never be
Posts: 6,162
Default

Won both my bets today on the NFL playoffs. Was so drunk I forgot who I took for the first one lol @fuzzy

Good day today

 
Ram27 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 10:54 PM   #842
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster
 
qwerty sp's Avatar
 
Location: Slurm factory
Posts: 1,626
Default

Minnisota to win?

 
qwerty sp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 04:50 AM   #843
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

Yesterday at the bar one of our friends said she and her boyfriend found a single bullet in her house. No gun, no other bullets. Just the one lying on the ground... people can be weird.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 06:54 PM   #844
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: i miss everything i値l never be
Posts: 6,162
Default

I picked every single NFL playoff this weekend

��������

 
Ram27 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:38 PM   #845
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: i miss everything i値l never be
Posts: 6,162
Default

Hey y'all. I directed my first broadcast last week and it went really well. New crew is doing great. It also, somehow, made me get over this girl I've been complaining about

It all makes sense and I feel I've grown a lot and all that shit or whatever I just wanna jam some Pumpkins


Last edited by Ram27 : 01-14-2018 at 08:46 PM.

 
Ram27 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #846
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: i miss everything i値l never be
Posts: 6,162
Default

WHEN I CAN I WILL

...

FOOL ENOUGH TO ALMOST BE IT

 
Ram27 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 08:46 PM   #847
Ram27
Minion of Satan
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: i miss everything i値l never be
Posts: 6,162
Default

NO MORE PROMISE NO MORE SORROW

 
Ram27 is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:21 PM   #848
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,517
Default

Better than drugs:

7 O Pavarnana, place me in that deathless, undecaying world Wherein the light of heaven is set, and everlasting lustre shines. Flow, Indu, flow for Indra's sake.
8 Make me immortal in that realm where dwells the King, Vivasvān's Son, Where is the secret shrine of heaven, where are those waters young and fresh. Flow, Indu, flow for Indra's sake.
9 Make me immortal in that realm where they move even as they list, In the third sphere of inmost heaven where lucid worlds are full of light. Flow, Indu, flow for Indra's sake.
10 Make me immortal in that realm of eager wish and strong desire, The region of the radiant Moon, where food and full delight are found. Flow, Indu, flow for Indra's sake:
11 Make me immortal in that realm where happiness and transports, where Joys and felicities combine, and longing wishes are fulfilled. Flow, Indu, flow for Indra's sake.

Mandala IX Hymn 113:7-11

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:22 PM   #849
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,517
Default

Flow, Ram, flow for Jimbo's sake!

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:11 PM   #850
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far
Posts: 4,823
Default

So, the other day, I went on a second date with this girl I'd went out with maybe a month or two prior. After the first date, she expressed excitement about a second (she literally said "I'm excited"), but then she just kinda fell off the radar.

Even though I didn't really feel that "spark" on the first date, I liked her enough that I would at least want to maintain contact as friends, so it was a little disappointing that I didn't hear from her, but oh well.

Then one day, she initiated contact with me and apologized for ghosting me, saying she was going through some stuff, and tends to become a recluse when that happens. She asked if I was still willing to see her, and I said no problem.

Usually if I didn't feel anything on the first date, I don't on any subsequent date, but I think I did indeed feel that kind of romantic click this time.

I think I'm more into the other girl I've been taking out recently, but I'll see where things end up with them.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 06:50 PM   #851
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

I wish I had the guts to contact some people I ended up losing touch with who I still hold in high regard.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:05 PM   #852
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Then one day, she initiated contact with me and apologized for ghosting me, saying she was going through some stuff, and tends to become a recluse when that happens. She asked if I was still willing to see her, and I said no problem.
this kind of honesty and maturity is a big turn on for me, honestly, both in platonic friendship and/or romance.

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:12 PM   #853
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far
Posts: 4,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I wish I had the guts to contact some people I ended up losing touch with who I still hold in high regard.
I think most of them would appreciate it. Especially with platonic friendships. With romantic relationships, there's always the possibility that they've moved on already.

I mean, people like having friends, so if they enjoyed the time you spent together, there's no reason they wouldn't want to get back in touch. Being busy could prevent that desire from coming to fruition, though. But that doesn't mean they aren't interested in rekindling the friendship.

I dunno, the other person I've been taking out also kind of disappeared on me after a pretty good first date. In that case, I restored the contact rather than the reverse. I was kind of hesitant about doing it, because I didn't wanna seem pushy, but I really sensed that the drop in contact was due to reasons other than her losing interest. And it turned out that her reason was also going through a bit of a funk, and being "intimidated" by how much she liked me (which is some weird-ass Twilight Zone shit because nobody has any logical basis to think that much of me).

There's another friend I haven't been able to stop thinking about getting in contact with again since we had a row and stopped talking. But I feel like she probably would be bothered by hearing from me. I dunno, we would make plans, and then she would just stop responding instead of just taking two seconds to tell me she has to cancel. She would also be really flakey in general. I told her that it she wasn't interested in hanging out, she should just say so, instead of being inconsiderate of my time by not letting me know she can't make something so I could at least use that day I cleared to make other plans. Instead of just saying "yeah sorry my bad," she tries to tun the tables on me by going "you should have picked up on the fact that I'm all over the place" and being upset that I dared take her to task with her "issues with organizational skills." She gave a non-apology of "sorry you feel they way," and told me that the expectations I put on her of basic social etiquette were "of my own accord."

I dunno, we seemed to get along very well before that episode, so it feels shitty ending a friendship over that, but my guess is that she already got bored of me, and took this as a convenient excuse to end the friendship without taking ownership of the decision. I mean, anybody who really liked you would want to catch up such a meaningless row, rather than immediately decide that ending the friendship was the best choice.

Still hurts, though.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:16 PM   #854
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far
Posts: 4,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
this kind of honesty and maturity is a big turn on for me, honestly, both in platonic friendship and/or romance.
Yeah, I was really impressed with her for being clear and frank and just letting me know. I appreciated that very much.

I also appreciate this girl who viewed went out with a year ago who took the time to let me know she didn't think we're compatible. Mature way to end things, rather than just being evasive.

Another girl a couple months ago cancelled s date, letting me know they she doesn't feel ready to date, just having gotten out of a toxic relationship. I thanked her for being forward and raised the suggestion of being friends.

I wish more people were like these people.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 09:18 PM   #855
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead
 
teh b0lly!!1's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 15,400
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I dunno, we would make plans, and then she would just stop responding instead of just taking two seconds to tell me she has to cancel. She would also be really flakey in general.
this kind of shittiness is a big turn off for me, honestly, both in platonic friendship and/or romance.

edit: now i see you posted again and ninja'd my (comically questionable) gag. so i will elaborate and say that that person doesn't sound like a very good friend to say the least, and even though you may like her personality, if she couldn't even make an effort to accommodate your feelings on the subject, it was probably for the best.

 
teh b0lly!!1 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 10:41 PM   #856
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Yeah, I was really impressed with her for being clear and frank and just letting me know. I appreciated that very much.

I also appreciate this girl who viewed went out with a year ago who took the time to let me know she didn't think we're compatible. Mature way to end things, rather than just being evasive.

Another girl a couple months ago cancelled s date, letting me know they she doesn't feel ready to date, just having gotten out of a toxic relationship. I thanked her for being forward and raised the suggestion of being friends.

I wish more people were like these people.
did you post about any of these gals? because i had an instant sense of deja vu after reading your first post.

hopefully things keep moving forward for you.

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:09 PM   #857
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far
Posts: 4,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
this kind of shittiness is a big turn off for me, honestly, both in platonic friendship and/or romance.

edit: now i see you posted again and ninja'd my (comically questionable) gag. so i will elaborate and say that that person doesn't sound like a very good friend to say the least, and even though you may like her personality, if she couldn't even make an effort to accommodate your feelings on the subject, it was probably for the best.
Yeah, I should probably just let it go. I don't know how much time that will take, because it's been a while, and I'm still bitter.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
did you post about any of these gals? because i had an instant sense of deja vu after reading your first post.

hopefully things keep moving forward for you.
I did post about the one who said we weren't compatible last year, and one of the people I'm currently seeing (is "seeing" the correct word for when you've gone on a few dates, but aren't in a relationship?) who disclosed insecurities surrounding thinking I'm "really great" (I still can't get over that).

The one I had a row with is the one who does modeling and travels and shit and kind of made me a bit uncomfortable on the second date by talking very openly about sex while we were in a public place. That's the same one I went to that rope bondage seminar with.

Other than that, I haven't previously mentioned the other girls, I don't think.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:13 PM   #858
redbreegull
Immortal
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 27,318
Default

hey DK, you seem to space your dates out a lot. IIRC you have mentioned a few times going on second dates weeks after the first date. How do you keep someone interested over that period of time? Do you actively text or message each other? IME once you let something lie for more than a few days after just a single date, the odds are pretty low that person will go out with you again. Just curious.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:27 PM   #859
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,392
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Yeah, I should probably just let it go. I don't know how much time that will take, because it's been a while, and I'm still bitter.



I did post about the one who said we weren't compatible last year, and one of the people I'm currently seeing (is "seeing" the correct word for when you've gone on a few dates, but aren't in a relationship?) who disclosed insecurities surrounding thinking I'm "really great" (I still can't get over that).

The one I had a row with is the one who does modeling and travels and shit and kind of made me a bit uncomfortable on the second date by talking very openly about sex while we were in a public place. That's the same one I went to that rope bondage seminar with.

Other than that, I haven't previously mentioned the other girls, I don't think.
I didn't mean anything bad by it, ftr. It just seemed like you've said something similar before but then again I probably have about 4 brain cells left so maybe not. I hope you meet someone worthwhile. I haven't had to deal with dating in a while and I forgot how exhausting it can be.

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2018, 11:57 PM   #860
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,825
Default

It must be hard to keep track, forum Mick Hucknall.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:06 AM   #861
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,392
Default

why thank you

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 12:52 AM   #862
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,517
Thumbs down

I have a second "date" tomorrow. Not sure about this. Last email she sent me (Friday) had her full info at the end starting with her full name. Which is composed of her first name and her HUSBAND'S last name.

My mother does not approve, btw.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:03 AM   #863
buzzard
Apocalyptic Poster
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 4,825
Default

Has there been no mention of a husband figure so far?

I've known a couple of people that maintained the surname well after separating.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 01:05 AM   #864
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,517
Default

He abandoned her last summer in Italy. Just walked away. Total tool.

I think my professor hooked us up in part to help her get over him. I think she is still in love with him. She's really fragille.

I am totally at sea here. No idea what I am doing.

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2018, 02:58 AM   #865
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I think most of them would appreciate it. Especially with platonic friendships. With romantic relationships, there's always the possibility that they've moved on already.

I mean, people like having friends, so if they enjoyed the time you spent together, there's no reason they wouldn't want to get back in touch. Being busy could prevent that desire from coming to fruition, though. But that doesn't mean they aren't interested in rekindling the friendship.
In my case it's a little more complicated. A few of those people had expressed romantic interest in me, and I didn't have any romantic interest in them. I still like them as people and would very much like to remain platonic friends.
But that can be a big ask and imposing on other people's feelings which is why it's super scary for me to try and reconnect with them.
Sometimes you just can't.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 05:13 PM   #866
Disco King
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: "The worst poster on this board by far." -- The worst poster on this board by far
Posts: 4,823
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
In my case it's a little more complicated. A few of those people had expressed romantic interest in me, and I didn't have any romantic interest in them. I still like them as people and would very much like to remain platonic friends.
But that can be a big ask and imposing on other people's feelings which is why it's super scary for me to try and reconnect with them.
Sometimes you just can't.
Ah, I see. I would probably still be down to be friends with somebody I was interested in, but I can see how that would be harder if the person were, like, deeply in love, rather than just fancying the other person. It might be better to cut things off in that case.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I didn't mean anything bad by it, ftr. It just seemed like you've said something similar before but then again I probably have about 4 brain cells left so maybe not. I hope you meet someone worthwhile. I haven't had to deal with dating in a while and I forgot how exhausting it can be.
I didn't interpret anything in your post negatively. Hopefully I didn't come across as though I did.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
hey DK, you seem to space your dates out a lot. IIRC you have mentioned a few times going on second dates weeks after the first date. How do you keep someone interested over that period of time? Do you actively text or message each other? IME once you let something lie for more than a few days after just a single date, the odds are pretty low that person will go out with you again. Just curious.
I'm not a big fan of texting, so I pretty much only use it for setting up in-person meetings. I just feel like very little substantial conversation can happen over text, and it just turns into that boring kinda small talk for the sake of it.

Sometimes I could go days, even a week or two, without texting. I'm pretty good at not ignoring texts because I try to be courteous, but it the text I received doesn't have any kind of question or promising leads to a conversation thread, there's not a lot of urgency to respond. And half the time, I was the last person to send a text anyway, so it's not like I'm leaving the other person hanging.

But you could be right, maybe I'm killing the interest by not texting more. It's just that, if I already know my schedule is kinda busy for the next little while and I don't know when I will next be free for a date, since I only really text to set up dates, I have nothing to text about. If I know about something she's up to, like she mentioned having an upcoming wedding or trip or birthday or whatever, I'll text to find out how that went.

Looking back, this probably explains why I got no response from this one girl met on the train and took out once, because I didn't ask for the next date until a ten days after the first. I wasn't that disappointed, because she didn't seem my type on the date (seemed like a "party girl"), but she was open to doing psychedelics with me, so she could have been a cool drug friend or something.

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2018, 11:31 PM   #867
Elphenor
Socialphobic
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Girlfriend is Better
Posts: 13,805
Default

I'm much more comfortable in text I try to prolong that communication until a positive date is all but assured

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 12:46 AM   #868
FoolofaTook
Immortal
 
FoolofaTook's Avatar
 
Location: in your father
Posts: 20,517
Default

I am getting high at midnight and listening to Burzum.

lol

 
FoolofaTook is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 06:36 AM   #869
LaBelle
Minion of Satan
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Don't need a metaphor for you to know I'm miserable
Posts: 9,398
Default

I've been hacked by a turkish cult, no big deal.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2018, 10:07 AM   #870
vixnix
Socialphobic
 
vixnix's Avatar
 
Location: "jonny this is very bad music"
Posts: 10,905
Default

nevermind

Last edited by vixnix : 01-18-2018 at 10:24 AM.

 
vixnix is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Something I have noticed... rottenugly General Chat Archive 38 04-17-2012 03:25 PM
my very original ask me questions thread dr.benway General Chat Archive 27 08-04-2009 04:26 PM
biggest board loser (with poll) dean_r_koontz General Chat Archive 198 05-07-2008 04:20 PM
I didn't realize people on this board were actually smashing pumpkin fans. I Ate My Hamster General Chat Archive 29 06-12-2007 10:49 AM


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:09 PM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright ゥ 1998-2014