Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Music Board Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-28-2012, 08:22 PM   #151
Rider
Minion of Satan

Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Wow what's with this crazy stalker stuff!
What crazy stalker stuff, you post insane amounts of crazy crap everywhere. You can't avoid it. You are hear, E6, The Flaming Lips boards. Constantly pimping your band that no one gives a shit about, really you are on an endless number of boards begging people to pay attention to you and how many people donated to your kickstarter? You do remasters, band videos, have some massive Machina tracklist that you have been working on for a decade. You are an insane individual who spends way to much time online.

I'm sure there are grandmothers in Indiana who posts on a knitting forum who are sick of you.

Oh and non\e of this bothers him but he posted how many replies to it? Fucking retard.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:23 PM   #152
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Now I haven't heard these nmh tapes of which you speak but in SNL's defense, isn't it entirely possible that the song did suck? Not everything mangum touches turns to gold; maybe you liked them simply because they were mangum?
They sounded like shit the point is if SNL knew who they were do you think he would have made fun of them?

Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #153
Kahlo

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
You are hear... Fucking retard.
I think you mean 'here'.

GrammarNazitillIdie

Old 12-28-2012, 08:33 PM   #154
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kahlo View Post
I think you mean 'here'.

GrammarNazitillIdie
Yep.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:34 PM   #155
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
What crazy stalker stuff, you post insane amounts of crazy crap everywhere. You can't avoid it. You are hear, E6, The Flaming Lips boards. Constantly pimping your band that no one gives a shit about, really you are on an endless number of boards begging people to pay attention to you and how many people donated to your kickstarter? You do remasters, band videos, have some massive Machina tracklist that you have been working on for a decade. You are an insane individual who spends way to much time online.

I'm sure there are grandmothers in Indiana who posts on a knitting forum who are sick of you.

Oh and non\e of this bothers him but he posted how many replies to it? Fucking retard.
Oh shit, are you Nothing/Everything? Nice!

Fuck what happened to you man, you used to be cool.

Old 12-28-2012, 08:38 PM   #156
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:

Is this some attempt at humor?

Old 12-28-2012, 10:11 PM   #157
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
finally got back to working on the new album after a pretty turbulent autumn. we’d all been so busy—ben was sick, mason and i playing in awkward bodies and sean playing in both under the old sky and 5am blue—and then i just moved, so that was of course a top priority. i was glad to just sit back and and try to finish off the songs we started this summer.
as luck would have it, i got back my old tascam 414 4-track that i had recorded endless fields of poppy on back between 2004-2006. for some reason, it had a different sound than the other 4-tracks had, especially the yamaha i used to record some miscellaneous tracks in 2010 and even my larger tascam 424 mki which i recorded echoes from the ultraviolet fuzz on. hard to describe but it is a happier 4-track. very warm and friendly. it soudns like it loves me, rather than the 424 who simply tolerated me and the yamaha who secretly loathed me. i recorded a demo for under the old sky a few weeks ago on my 414 and she’s still got the magic. this will be the center of recording for the new curiously strong peppermints album, placed in the basement of my new house, which will be our ramshackle as-yet-unnamed recording studio. if you have a good name for the studio, let us know!
mason came over to lay some things down… we start by putting some finishing touches on “how to navigate a space ship through a black hole”, which was really things we forgot to track this summer. mason throws on his backing vocals and then we add a guitar overdub, utilizing my beloved tascam’s overdriven fuzz sound (that is how we got the fuzz bass on endless fields of poppy, this 4-track) to get a mean guitar tone that will be hard to replicate. love it. and now this song is done. spend a while mixing it, which is what i have been slowly doing over the last few months—tweeking this mix every week. i think i’ve found the final one. it’s labeled “mix 10” but in reality it’s more like mix 27. so everything was pretty much alreday balanced in the mix before we even added those final two elements.
of all my songs, i think i hold this one dearest to my heart. it literally is about wishing your own destruction because your life is so inescapably miserable, and in the case of this song, a death by singularity: by crashing dead center into a black hole. not only are you destroyed, but you could escape your present time due to the effects of time dilation as you approach the event horizon of a black hole. time itself is warped, and you can escape from your life—and then be stretched into infinitely long spaghetti of course. “hammered by the gravity of a hundred-million suns’ energy / no more past and no more present / i don’t have to run / i am free” i really truly meant it, and this song needs to be right, it needs to be perfect.
so then we add some dreamy autoharps to “boy with wings’ which is otherwise very sparse at this point. we decide to scrap the harpsichords and pink floydian organs we tracked this summer. wait, the autoharp is out of tune to the recording? i take a 20-minute break while mason sits and tunes an autoharp into standard. two takes later we like the autoharp direction, but maybe we can retrack a tighter performance next week, giving mason a chance to actually learn to play this song, he hadn’t played in 6 months, on a zither. i throw on a scratch vocal because, well, i never actually put one on it yet. maybe that will help?
i then realize that on “how to navigate” sean had played the drum pattern i heard in my head for another new song “formaldehyde” so i track down the master 4-track tape of the drum tracks, cue up one of the takes we did not use, slow down the tape and reverse it and create a drum loop. it takes some time to get it right, to learn the ride should be the timekeeper and not the monster backwards snare hits or cymbal crashes. finally i find the right placement to create this drumloop that would be the backbone of the verse sections. we performed this song acoustically two months ago with mason playing a droning air organ and jeannette a droning clarinet, and it had a great feel—this is the direction “formaldehyde” should go. i overdub a scratch guitar part to the backwards drumloop as a placeholder and then add the droning air organ. I then track a scratch vocal of the verse verse for a placeholder for the other musicians who will layer this thing eventually. this is the basics of the verses, and we’ll have to record the choruses with sean and ben at a later date and just piece the song together. fun!
This is posted by a guy who records music in the basement with his friends and is lucky if 10 people take pity on him and buy these albums.

Old 12-28-2012, 10:28 PM   #158
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

sounds like a normal dude to me.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:17 AM   #159
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:

Pretty sure he is not.
Quote:
This is posted by a guy who records music in the basement with his friends and is lucky if 10 people take pity on him and buy these albums.
what does this have got to do with anything. Who the fuck cares what anyone chooses to record for whatever small audience.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:27 AM   #160
meangreensp
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Pretty sure he is not.

what does this have got to do with anything. Who the fuck cares what anyone chooses to record for whatever small audience.
Exactly. What an insecure piece of shit. Typical Netphoria, losing an argument so you bring up something irrelevant and make fun of them for it. This place is like high school, except worse.

Old 12-29-2012, 09:31 AM   #161
Kahlo

As long as Rider has that mildly diverting avatar he can say what the fuck he wants

Old 12-29-2012, 10:55 AM   #162
Rider
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
Pretty sure he is not.

It becomes really pathetic when you are in your 30's and have kids.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:15 AM   #163
meangreensp
Ownz

Quote:

Posting on a Smashing Pumpkins forum is quite pathetic too; but we all do it.

Last edited by meangreensp : 12-29-2012 at 11:24 AM.

Old 12-29-2012, 11:23 AM   #164
Kahlo

Hey we're all pathetic here. I think it's kind of shitty that you are attacking a guy for trying to be creative Rider.

Old 12-29-2012, 03:59 PM   #165
Euronomus
Demi-God

Quote:
Dude give it up, you're just digging a deeper hole. If someone wants to make music their age, residence, parental status, or even talent is pretty irrelevant to the situation. Unless they're just painfully caterwauling to out of time/key guitar playing (which in spite of your opinion snl's stuff isn't) there is nothing pathetic about making music.

Quote:
They sounded like shit the point is if SNL knew who they were do you think he would have made fun of them?
I'll make fun of ITAOTS(the Paris Hilton of Indie albums) without hesitation so I doubt very many people would hesitate to knock stuff even Magnum deemed sub-par

Old 12-29-2012, 04:08 PM   #166
noyen
Immortal

is "mason" mentioned above, mason r. buttfuck? i love that guy.

it really is rapephoria.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:22 PM   #167
autumn_amnesiac
Pledge

Quote:
hahaha.
i make music as well with some friends, but i never fucking take it to such pretentious levels. god damn.
let the fucking music speak for itself, if you have to defend it, then you're doing something wrong.

Old 12-29-2012, 04:30 PM   #168
noyen
Immortal

reads like a studio diary to me, not really preteniousness. but hey, i work in a recording studio so it just sounds like nerdy stuff to me not like an interview with gybe! i dont even understand what the issue is other than not having the balls to say what you mean.

Old 12-29-2012, 05:32 PM   #169
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
is "mason" mentioned above, mason r. buttfuck? i love that guy.

it really is rapephoria.
It is indeed! I'm currently in two bands with that bastard.