Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-19-2013, 06:23 PM   #361
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

but i have joined the PC master race so you whores may have your trinkets

Old 06-19-2013, 06:30 PM   #362
Order 66
Socialphobic

sort of. it probably has more to do with ps4 being a blatently obvious better alternative

Old 06-19-2013, 07:03 PM   #363
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Talking

it's amazing what we can accomplish in Merica when we band together to resist oppression

Old 06-19-2013, 08:50 PM   #364
hnibos
Braindead

I really don't understand. Did Microsoft expect people to just not complain about it? How fucking dumb are these people?

Old 06-19-2013, 09:02 PM   #365
Order 66
Socialphobic

i'd hate to play devil's advocate but developing hardware with an expected lifespan of 7-10 years requires thinking ahead, so i can see how they may have envisioned DRM was the way to go with the inevitable advent of gaming on living room PCs and the problem of used game sales cutting into studio profits

not saying it was the right decision, but i can see why they came to that conclusion

Old 06-19-2013, 09:12 PM   #366
Trotskilicious
Banned

my computer is here, i am masturbating on its glorious 23 inch screen.

Old 06-19-2013, 09:48 PM   #367
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow

idiots shouldve waited to see if sony was going the same way. I wouldnt be surprised if sony reversed themselves after seeing xbox getting pounded.

Old 06-19-2013, 11:33 PM   #368
Esty
Netphorian of the Decade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
Microsoft To Reverse Xbox One Policies After Fan Revolt

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertco...er-fan-revolt/
Thank you fucking god. The thought of making my main console a ps4 was pissing me off.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:50 AM   #369
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

They figured they could get away with all of that DRM nonsense and the always-online bullshit because they're Microsoft and you're gonna buy their product anyway, no matter the amount of complaints. The reality is, not everyone has high-speed internet and can deal with the web-based malarkey. Not all change is good, no matter what the tech world seems to think.

If you're gonna charge gamers $500 a console, it damn well better give them what they want.

Old 06-20-2013, 03:04 AM   #370
Trotskilicious
Banned

eventually i figure the DRM is pointless because everything will be just like steam where you'd just buy and play through an online store

i mean they're just trying to jump the gun on that and force gamestop and indie game stores out of business which i would think there must be some kind of legal recourse they could do

but still, they should just be patient until games don't even need to have physical copies

Old 06-20-2013, 05:16 AM   #371
Order 66
Socialphobic

i think when the history books are written, Games for Windows Live will be the first indicator microsoft was getting things terribly wrong. it was the start of "you bought this game but you can't play because ... LOL". steam and origin have their issues.. but GFWL is downright insulting. i feel sort of bad for microsoft considering they went in the red trying to get into the gaming for so many years, only to finally see gains that get pissed right away. but they really don't know what they're doing

Old 06-20-2013, 05:40 AM   #372
Dead Frequency
Minion of Satan

Location: They don't know who did it, but they're looking for hardened criminals

Hell, even outside of all that the much touted, always on kinect is kinda fucking weird. I mean, in an age of dwindling privacy and the concerns that raises why the fuck would a live camera into your personal space be considered positive? Dont they have any idea how little I want anyone to know that I jack off on the regular to gta 4 stripper and hooker scenes? I mean, what the fuck? Stay outta my shit.

Old 06-20-2013, 09:27 AM   #373
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

http://i42.tinypic.com/auh6ia.jpg

Old 06-20-2013, 04:00 PM   #374
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Was that a major Nelson quote?

Old 06-20-2013, 04:05 PM   #375
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Yep, he said it in an interview to plead the One's case.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:10 PM   #376
Toby
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Wat a tool. I hate that guy.

Old 06-20-2013, 04:12 PM   #377
Trotskilicious
Banned

i'm sure that will affect his life soon

Old 07-03-2013, 01:36 PM   #378
Andy /

after picking up the disc a couple months ago, i finally got around to playing and finishing 'the walking dead' episodic game (not the other walking dead game that recently came out to horrible reviews).

damn, what a game. i was far more emotionally invested in the characters here than anyone on the actual show, and actually teared up a bit at the end. i'm not sure a video game has ever done that to me before. part of that, i am sure, was that i played the game intending to be as "good" as i could be, though there were a few times where the response selections were too vague to know what the real content/tone of the response would be and i ended up selecting a choice i didn't really intend to. and there were other mechanics issues that bothered me at times. but overall i really felt like this game was a fun and refreshing playthrough, and i'm looking forward to replaying it with different goals in mind. i understand that the endpoints are basically the same, but i'm real curious to see how taking a different approach alters my experience.

Old 07-03-2013, 01:42 PM   #379
redbull
Immortal

finally played through Portal. now must get #2

Old 07-03-2013, 01:46 PM   #380
Trotskilicious
Banned

masturbating furiously to football manager 2013

Old 07-03-2013, 01:51 PM   #381
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

that sounds like an exhilarating game

Old 07-03-2013, 01:55 PM   #382
Trotskilicious
Banned

it's fucking incredible and you mouthbreathers can have your braindead american football

Old 07-03-2013, 01:56 PM   #383
Trotskilicious
Banned

there is no game on earth as tactically rich as True Football.

american football is a hilarious parody of "strategy" when you wash off all the bullshit

Old 07-03-2013, 05:52 PM   #384
Order 66
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndySlash View Post
after picking up the disc a couple months ago, i finally got around to playing and finishing 'the walking dead' episodic game (not the other walking dead game that recently came out to horrible reviews).

damn, what a game. i was far more emotionally invested in the characters here than anyone on the actual show, and actually teared up a bit at the end. i'm not sure a video game has ever done that to me before. part of that, i am sure, was that i played the game intending to be as "good" as i could be, though there were a few times where the response selections were too vague to know what the real content/tone of the response would be and i ended up selecting a choice i didn't really intend to. and there were other mechanics issues that bothered me at times. but overall i really felt like this game was a fun and refreshing playthrough, and i'm looking forward to replaying it with different goals in mind. i understand that the endpoints are basically the same, but i'm real curious to see how taking a different approach alters my experience.
the DLC is out now i think... but yeah it's really great. people complain that in the end your choices don't really matter but that doesn't bother me too much.

Old 07-03-2013, 05:54 PM   #385
Trotskilicious
Banned

i think it's really confusing why some gamers seem to think that games should tell their story they way they want it told and there should be a dozen plus endings to cater to each particular nuance of their "choices"

i mean is this kind of whining a combination of consumerism, unrealistic expectations, and a total lack of imagination?

Old 07-03-2013, 06:04 PM   #386
Order 66
Socialphobic

i guess its okay to expect 'your story' to be told with something open world like fallout or elder scrolls or something. but for most games, yeah

bioshock infinite is a recent example of something that's shat on for that... i admit the 'decisions' you make seem kind of asinine but its a pretty intricate narrative. story could be easily rendered pointless if you gave the player 'creative freedom' with it

Old 07-03-2013, 07:17 PM   #387
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

yeah ok we're back on ass effect again

Old 07-03-2013, 07:20 PM   #389
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

ANYONE HAVE A 3DS IM THINKING ABOUT GETTING ONE FOR ANIMAL CROSSING AND POKEMON LETTERS

Old 07-03-2013, 07:26 PM   #390
Order 66
Socialphobic

i have one. its been collecting a lot of dust... but i don't regret getting it i got alot of old nes games on it

link to the past 2 comes out later this year for it. link to the past is my all time favorite game... so this is like jesus returning to earth for me