Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-17-2017, 10:11 PM   #4651
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

That's screwed up and yet at the same time flattering no?
Wish someone would plagiarize me and good old Korazonn the accursed.

Reprise we will figure it out. If you want you can come to Orlando. My parents are super nice and you can have my room. There is a big couch downstairs so I will be fine. Or maybe I will come. I like taking the bus.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:12 PM   #4652
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
General Turdy-son.
you are welcome.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #4653
FoolofaTook

Vixnix have you noticed that when Mandrake finally acquires a backbone and bosses colonel bat guano around into letting him call washington it is too late? Ah the futility!

Every time I watch that movie I pick up something new.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:13 PM   #4654
slunken
Virgo

Old 11-17-2017, 10:15 PM   #4655
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
That's screwed up and yet at the same time flattering no?
Wish someone would plagiarize me and good old Korazonn the accursed.

Reprise we will figure it out. If you want you can come to Orlando. My parents are super nice and you can have my room. There is a big couch downstairs so I will be fine. Or maybe I will come. I like taking the bus.
yeah it's a little flattering for sure it just so inappropriate. they have a link like "is this your work and you want to take it down? click here" and they have a place to do an automatic citation and it cites them of course. like WTF fuck you you sketchy pieces of shit

as for seeing you, hell yeah we'll figure it out. took/reprise 2018

Old 11-17-2017, 10:19 PM   #4656
FoolofaTook

No my parents just have a condo. There is a guest room which is my room when I stay there.

Good luck fighting those doofuses. That's your hard work, no one should take it.

Old 11-17-2017, 10:24 PM   #4657
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

especially since it's like some kind of sample essay to sell their essay writing service

Old 11-19-2017, 06:11 PM   #4658
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

professor wants to us to talk to university legal services about this. oh boy :/ why do people have to be chumps

Old 11-19-2017, 07:33 PM   #4659
Disco King
Minion of Satan

How did the website even get hold of it?

Old 11-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #4660
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

either someone i sent it to gave it to them somehow
or some grammar checker thing i used mined it (i am never using anything like this again)
or some software my professor used to check for plagiarism mined it

Old 11-19-2017, 08:22 PM   #4661
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Did you send a copy to anybody from the forum?

Old 11-19-2017, 08:27 PM   #4662
Ram27
dumb

yeah that sounds shitty reprise. best of luck, hope everything turns out okay

only time i had to talk to university legal services was my drumming+drinking incident. had to write an essay, most of which i spent talking about jimmy chamberlin

Old 11-19-2017, 08:35 PM   #4663
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Did you send a copy to anybody from the forum?
yes, i think only disco king and maybe catherine wheel? i've sent it to some other people as well. one dude on reddit but that was only a month ago. i didnt realize i had to worry about this shit, i guess i need to cynically protect my fucking college essays. one time like 10 years ago some like 15 year old kid posted some of my music as their own and i basically told them to take it down or i'd call their parents lol. their website had their real name

Old 11-19-2017, 08:38 PM   #4664
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

only time i had to talk to university legal services was my drumming+drinking incident. had to write an essay, most of which i spent talking about jimmy chamberlin
as long as legal doesn't try to turn this shit around on me somehow. i dont see how they could, it is my work

p.s., that's so dumb that you got charged for that bullshit.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:40 PM   #4665
buzzard
Minion of Satan

It'll be Disco King that did it, then.

I used to send him descriptions of dates I've been on, but I learned.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:40 PM   #4666
FoolofaTook

I got licked by strangers two nights in a row.

Old 11-19-2017, 10:43 PM   #4667
FoolofaTook

Cool

Yesterday by this cute little black mare; today by a big tough dog who turned out to be a total softie once I scolded him a bit and offered my paw. What a phoney!

Old 11-19-2017, 10:44 PM   #4668
FoolofaTook

I also saw a supermassivemotherfucker of a hawk chilling on a dead tree.

We didn't connect.

Old 11-19-2017, 11:05 PM   #4669
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
It'll be Disco King that did it, then.

I used to send him descriptions of dates I've been on, but I learned.
heh heh

Old 11-19-2017, 11:52 PM   #4670
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
as long as legal doesn't try to turn this shit around on me somehow. i dont see how they could, it is my work

p.s., that's so dumb that you got charged for that bullshit.
must spread rep

yeah. it messes with your head being persecuted by the place where you grew up, learned to read, had your first kiss, learned to play drums, went to school.....and all of a sudden they're trying to ruin you for drinking a fucking beer. it's wrong.

if you weren't selling the essay, or willfully plagiarizing, i don't get how they could have anything reasonable against you

Old 11-20-2017, 12:05 AM   #4671
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Did you ever just post the essay on the forum in anything other than a PM? If so, I guess there are a multitude of routes it could have found it's way to some paper mill. Not that I would have foreseen this as a likely consequence, so there's no point kicking yourself for sharing a work-in-progress you are proud of with other people.

Since you've been working on this for some time, and have probably discussed it along the way with your supervisor or program coordinator, there will probably be plenty of evidence to establish that you did indeed author this when it's investigated. And if it's happened to you, it's probably happened to others before, which means that the relevant offices at your school have probably dealt with this before.

That this happened just blows my mind. How could people be this shitty?

Old 11-20-2017, 12:06 AM   #4672
myosis
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post

would this essay be available at any popular essay-buying services?

Old 11-20-2017, 12:09 AM   #4673
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I hope so. I still haven't started my essay for my Jimmy studies class. It has to be on a famous Jimmy.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:22 AM   #4674
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Did you ever just post the essay on the forum in anything other than a PM? If so, I guess there are a multitude of routes it could have found it's way to some paper mill. Not that I would have foreseen this as a likely consequence, so there's no point kicking yourself for sharing a work-in-progress you are proud of with other people.

Since you've been working on this for some time, and have probably discussed it along the way with your supervisor or program coordinator, there will probably be plenty of evidence to establish that you did indeed author this when it's investigated. And if it's happened to you, it's probably happened to others before, which means that the relevant offices at your school have probably dealt with this before.

That this happened just blows my mind. How could people be this shitty?
Thanks man. Yeah, this is a paper I submitted in Nov or Dec 2016, it looks like it was uploaded in July 2017 based on the website. I also submitted a draft of it in about Oct 2016, not sure if I still have that file. Probably somewhere. And I probably emailed it, but I'm not sure. I know he wrote notes on a hardcopy version.

The majority of it is incorporated into my new paper. The old one was about 5200 words and my new one is 15000+, so it's approximately 1/3 of my honors thesis, with a bit edited out I'm sure. I don't think I ever posted any version completely anywhere. I did link some people to the dropbox file. I did grammar check it on like grammarly or whatever sites. It is probably from that, I guess? How they decide which hunks of writing to steal though is a mystery if they do it that way and also I just had the thought that I don't know how they could have gotten the title that way, as I wouldn't have put that into any checker. So actually that sounds unlikely now. The title they have is the actual title.

I haven't checked if it exactly matches my final paper or not, it's not in the same format obviously on the website so I'd have to copy/paste and change the spacing etc and I don't feel like it.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:25 AM   #4675
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

now that title thing has me fucked up, surely they had to have the actual file to have that. which means they maybe had my name and school affiliation. i've sent it to people while redacting name/university before and sometimes i haven't.

the site has thousands of essay like this but most of them are less than 5 pages long. they list mine as 15 pages

look at them trying to justify how they aren't getting paid to help people cheat: https://www.ukessays.com/situation-cheating.php

Quote:
If you use our writing services in the same way that you would use a journal, newspaper article, question-and-answer study book or past paper, there is absolutely nothing dishonest in what you are doing. If you do your own original work and your own research, using our answer as a guideline, then this is no different from finding a journal article that deals with all the points you need to make in your essay.

We do understand that some students will use our work dishonestly. This is because there are many essay companies which permit students simply to pass off the work as their own, and so a minority of students assume we offer the same service. We also know that because our work is plagiarism-free there is little we can do to regulate that misuse. We truly believe, however, that a student who uses our work properly - as a guideline for their own research and writing - will benefit from our service a great deal more than a student who hands the work in as if it were their own as they're the real essay cheats!
Quote:
Are custom essays writing services legal?
Of course they are legal - the provision of written help is a long established academic tradition and if they were banned then all published guide books would have to be banned, too. If an essay cheat chooses to misuse the service, it is not the fault of the custom essay writing company any more than the supplier of a textbook can be blamed if an essay cheat copies from it.
Quote:
University tutors are aware of cheats and it is more than likely that they would recognise the superior quality of the work a student has bought, just as they would if work was copied from a guidebook. Students who misuses our services still have to face examinations for the majority of their work so, ultimately, it wouldn't help to use custom writing in this way.
they literally charge more if you want a higher grade

Last edited by reprise85 : 11-20-2017 at 12:31 AM.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:33 AM   #4676
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

lol for a 16 page "A" paper they charge $1956, $1000 more if you need it in 5 days.

Old 11-20-2017, 12:41 AM   #4677
myosis
Minion of Satan

in what ways could that link to your dropbox have fallen in the wrong hands?

Old 11-20-2017, 01:28 AM   #4678
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

well, they could send the link to anyone, because i am stupid i probably made a general link at some point instead of sending it directly to someone or password protecting it

Old 11-20-2017, 02:27 AM   #4679
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
the provision of written help is a long established academic tradition
jesus

Old 11-20-2017, 10:42 AM   #4680
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

they sent me an email demanding proof before they'd take it down. saying someone submitted it using their plagiarism checker. I definitely never signed up for it (you have to make an account). I wanted to tell them to go fuck themselves but instead sent them proof: 1. screenshot word document info page with creation date in 2016 2. screenshot of me turning it in via email in 2106 3. copy of a draft i turned in halfway into the semester in 2016

i also threatened them with my university's legal services

they better take it down