Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by Byelashes View Post
FUCK. ME.
gladly.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:17 AM   #182
Order 66
Socialphobic

i finally got to see it. i knew with the episode title what would happen. i knew it'd be gruesome so i was really on edge throughout the whole episode because i wasn;t too sure whom the "face off" would happen to, but i had a good idea.

so i was totally wrong about walt not poisoning that kid. my bad. though i have to say that was an obtusely calculated decision on walt's part. couldnt he just convince jesse to take out gus in another way? oh well tv lol

not really sure where they go from here. i just hope it doesn't end up like big love's final season. its a totally different show but its a good example of one that blows its load too early. the whole last season was a dreary and drawn out epilogue

Old 10-11-2011, 12:20 AM   #183
Eulogy
huh

video is on youtube

http://youtu.be/Pyam5ajZE-0

Old 10-11-2011, 12:28 AM   #184
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
i finally got to see it. i knew with the episode title what would happen. i knew it'd be gruesome so i was really on edge throughout the whole episode because i wasn;t too sure whom the "face off" would happen to, but i had a good idea.

so i was totally wrong about walt not poisoning that kid. my bad. though i have to say that was an obtusely calculated decision on walt's part. couldnt he just convince jesse to take out gus in another way? oh well tv lol

not really sure where they go from here. i just hope it doesn't end up like big love's final season. its a totally different show but its a good example of one that blows its load too early. the whole last season was a dreary and drawn out epilogue
The last scene (I think it was the last scene) showed that flower or whatever that poisoned Brock in Walt's backyard. Obviously, that isn't the only flower of it's kind in the world, but I thought maybe it sort of insinuated that Walt may have poisoned the kid or whatever. Not that the truth would come out, but maybe hinting that Walt really ain't that good of a guy.

Old 10-11-2011, 12:46 AM   #185
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

so where'd the ricin cig go?

Old 10-11-2011, 12:52 AM   #186
Order 66
Socialphobic

heres an interview with vince gilligan. seems to clear up alot of stuff http://www.hitfix.com/blogs/whats-al...rtems-season-4

Old 10-11-2011, 01:08 AM   #187
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

was looking for that, thanks
*actually I never saw that one, awesome

http://tunedin.blogs.time.com/2011/1...nd-the-future/
Quote:
You know, the whole ending whodunit about Brock's poisoning faked me out on a number of levels. And I realized in retrospect one thing that kind of cleverly helped confuse me was that I ruled out the possibility that Walt had done it because it was Jesse's theory. I think I ruled out that Jesse could have gotten it right, which he largely did.

Vince: That's exactly what we hoped for, I'm so glad to hear it. Jesse, God bless him, he's not, even a broken clock is right twice a day, you know? I think he came in with a theory, I think the motive that he ascribed to Walt doing it was wrong. But other than that, I think in the second to last episode, everything he said to Walt is correct, even as to, perhaps even as to how Walt was able to get the cigarette off him, you know, Saul's bodyguard, Huell. If you look very closely actually, if you look very closely, Huell, after he passed him down, is seen putting something into his left pocket. It's very subtle, it's right at the bottom right corner of the frame, but it is there.

It is amazing going back and watching episode 12 after the finale. I've actually seen a couple of people in the comment sections on some of the blogs having picked up on things like the gun stopping, pointing at the plant. Which was entirely lost on me, but that was intentional, I assume?

Vince: It's definitely intentional. It's tricky because the audience is, you know, audiences are very savvy. And so you want to give just enough of that but not too much, I wouldn't be too surprised if somebody, somewhere out there in the internet figures out, you know, I don't know if they'll figure out the lily of the valley, maybe they will, maybe there's a botanist out there who will figure this whole thing out before this final episode airs. I guess in that sense it's probably just as well we've only got one more week to wait. But it's tricky--it's fair game to mislead the audience, but it's not fair game to confuse them or to give them patently false information.

Last edited by killtrocity : 10-11-2011 at 01:25 AM.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:42 PM   #188
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

who was in the car?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:43 PM   #189
Eulogy
huh

what car?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:47 PM   #190
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

when walt was driving away at the end. he stopped and looked at someone in a car. or did he just notice the polo loco thing hanging on the rear view mirror?

Old 10-11-2011, 10:50 PM   #191
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
when walt was driving away at the end. he stopped and looked at someone in a car. or did he just notice the polo loco thing hanging on the rear view mirror?
i assumed it was gus's empty volvo with the pollos hermanos mirror thing.

Old 10-11-2011, 10:52 PM   #192
redbull
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
i assumed it was gus's empty volvo with the pollos hermanos mirror thing.

i thought this might have been mike

Old 10-11-2011, 10:53 PM   #193
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
i thought this might have been mike
why?

they were on top of the hospital parking garage, where gus's volvo was.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:04 PM   #194
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Clearly Gus' abandoned car.

Old 10-11-2011, 11:59 PM   #195
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

yeah it's Gus's car

Old 10-12-2011, 12:07 AM   #196
Elvis The Fat Years
007 373 5963

i think it was spiderman.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:09 PM   #197
Byelashes
Pledge

Mike is going to be pretty unhappy next season...

Old 10-12-2011, 09:11 PM   #198
Eulogy
huh

i don't see why mike would care that much. he cared about money, not gus. he'd probably be just as willing to work with walt.

right?

Old 10-12-2011, 09:37 PM   #199
Byelashes
Pledge

Well, that's the thing... you'd think he only cared about money, but he DID kick Walt's ass for asking him to help kill Gus. And it's only a matter of time before they figure out how Brock was poisoned... Walt's going to have a lot of people against him next season.

I think Skyler is going to move away.

Old 10-12-2011, 09:43 PM   #200
bee
Amish Rake Fighter

I really hope she moves far away

Old 10-12-2011, 10:10 PM   #201
Order 66
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elvis The Fat Years View Post
who was in the car?
i was thinking there may have been a camera in it since there was a shot of walt and jesse shaking hands from inside of it. maybe thats how gus knew it walt rigged it

Old 10-12-2011, 11:58 PM   #202
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Can we all agree that Walt is going to start his own superlab under the carwash? As VG says, every time Walt has had the chance to walk away, he has gone further down the wrong path. and with that neat-o conclusion I see no better opportunity to call it quits

Old 10-13-2011, 03:12 AM   #203
Order 66
Socialphobic

from the perspective of it being a tv show i can see walt and jesse going back to business as usual and digging their hole further. but from a critical standpoint, i look at things like, were there cameras in the old folks home? did workers at the lab/washateria detail walt and jesse to feds? did the FBI profile and monitor walt at the hospital? if so i would think the whole next season would be them evading the law because their figurative and literal fingerprints are over everything. but then again, its not real, so those things may not bite them in the ass until the end

Old 10-13-2011, 04:06 AM   #204
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

you know what, that is the best idea I've heard so far as to where the final season will go. You know that Walt is going to end up getting caught, and I can think of no better motivation for him to progress down the path of evil than evading jail time...

In fact, that was a big part of Gus's character... being ruthless, cold and calculating in order to avoid detection

OH and then there's the fact that Hank is about half a micrometer away from figuring it out

it also adds back the tension that evaporated when Gus blew up - constant threat of being caught from multiple angles, as you say

Old 10-13-2011, 08:52 AM   #205
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I'd be cool to see Walt tried for meth manufacturing and all the murders he's committed. Are we at like 10 now? I'd love to see ALL his lies come undone.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:10 AM   #206
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Order 66 View Post
were there cameras in the old folks home?
i mean we're already being asked to suspend disbelief for that whole thread.

nursing homes don't just let people wander in an out of people's rooms like that... do they? the few i've been to didn't.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:36 AM   #207
Netphorian Gadabout
The Broom of the System

Quote:
nursing homes don't just let people wander in an out of people's rooms like that... do they? the few i've been to didn't.
Crappy ones do. Of the many holes in logic the season 4 finale brings up, nursing home security is probably one of the easiest explained.

Old 10-13-2011, 09:39 AM   #208
Eulogy
huh

heh ok

that's awful though!

Old 10-13-2011, 10:13 AM   #209
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pumpkins23836 View Post
Crappy ones do. Of the many holes in logic the season 4 finale brings up, nursing home security is probably one of the easiest explained.
totally. even when my grandmother was dying i just could have signed any name and gotten in.

Old 10-13-2011, 06:32 PM   #210
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic

Quote:
i mean we're already being asked to suspend disbelief for that whole thread.

If you look professional and calm like Gus, yes. If you look bloodied and disheveled like Walter, no. Especially at nursing homes that provide more comprehensive care.