mods plz change netphoria's name to ElectionThread, tks

Old 11-11-2016, 11:59 AM   #152
run2pee
Minion of Satan

What's up in shanghai bolls

Old 11-11-2016, 12:08 PM   #153
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

nothing much man, chinese ppl all over the place, winter is setting in unfortunately.

had kind of a rough week, trying to snap out of it, set the course for bouncing back though. got an exciting trip coming up, too. how about you?

Old 11-11-2016, 12:12 PM   #154
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
If you don't understand the history of voter fraud in the United States, then you don't understand United States history. Voter fraud is as American as apple pie. Both sides did it and both accepted it and knew that the way to win was to cheat more. I'm not sure we've ever had a fair election. Democracy on this scale is a fucking joke. Voter ID is a common sense solution.

If you can't be bothered to get a fucking ID then fuck you you don't get to vote. If your ass can't scrape off the sofa to get to your polling station which might not be a convenient for you then fuck you don't get to vote. If you don't want to stand in line because you are a fat fuck then fuck you don't get to vote. Coddling lazy fucks so you can get them to shit out a half-hearted, low information, dumb-as-shit ballot is rally a fucking waste of time. Polling places should be at the top of mountains so that you have to climb to vote so if you're crippled or fat then you can't get up there. Then you should have to solve a fucking puzzle to figure out how to open the ballot so the dumb people will never infect the rest of society with their fucked up votes.
I could not disagree with all this more but who would be surprised? This guy lives to inflame

Old 11-11-2016, 12:19 PM   #155
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
I could not disagree with all this more but who would be surprised? This guy lives to inflame
Must be the herpes.

Old 11-11-2016, 01:43 PM   #156
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
i think the Occupy demonstrations build solidarity.

Not nearly as much as exposing their stupidity.

The Occupy movement is pissed because the bought and paid for Wall St. candidate lost.

brilliant.

Old 11-11-2016, 02:22 PM   #157
Elphenor
Braindead

Just think this country is basically ran by Poots now

Old 11-11-2016, 02:24 PM   #158
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I guess Poots is against basic humans rights. I thought the right to assemble was an important American tenet?

Old 11-11-2016, 02:27 PM   #159
Elphenor
Braindead

Id support Trump supporters rallying if Hillary won you don't just scratch a box every 2- 4 years and call yourself involved

Old 11-11-2016, 02:45 PM   #160
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
nothing much man, chinese ppl all over the place, winter is setting in unfortunately.

had kind of a rough week, trying to snap out of it, set the course for bouncing back though. got an exciting trip coming up, too. how about you?
Sorry to hear it man hope you can bounce back. Where you tripping to?

Doing ok here even tho super super sad about my country. Just trying to put a brave face on for a houseful of ladies who are even more despondent than I am.

I didn't realize before this that I kinda liked the USA, even tho I never really identified as a "patriot" and stuff. Just kinda liked the idea of it, the inclusiveness, the do what you want/be who you will be of it. Feels like that's over now

Gonna try to focus more on my immediate community, look outward, use this moment of sobriety to get serious about loving. Tempting to just stay in bed but that's obviously not an option anymore

Old 11-11-2016, 02:51 PM   #161
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Let's make it difficult for anyone that doesn't have the money, time, and resources to go and vote (can't get out of work? You don't get a vote!). It's not like election day should be a day off for everyone, right?

Kinda related, an anecdote:
I used to work on election days in a much wealthier district and I always looked forward to this woman that actually lived in Watchung, but voted in Green Brook and was verrrry wealthy, making the trek down the mountain to come and vote at the middle school, which had copious parking and no stairs. Every year, I guess because of her poor memory (maybe the juvederm had slipped between her brain cells?) we would get an earful and she would ask for the board of election's number to complain that after some redistricting that happened 5+ years ago, she's still pissed that her polling place was changed. It was almost unreal how much of a stereotype she was. Thankfully she was the only one. Her husband voted by mail-in ballot. There were more mail-ins in the wealthy district, for sure. People would try to come in and claim they didnt get their mail-in, or never sent it in, and one woman tried to vote in place of her husband because she has "power of attorney". Generally speaking, there was more bullshit, confusion, and general weirdness. It was a district of mostly older white people in a little 1970s home enclave.

Then in my current district, because I moved, I've worked the primary and this last election. It is a mostly minority low income district. Unsuprisingly, they vote democrat. People with health conditions walk in heat and in cold (although it wan't too cold) and this time around were even at the polls before it opened at 6. Parking is insufficient, with just 3 spots and the rest being for pay street parking. The amount of resources and time devoted to this district is a lot less, then though it's in the county seat. I've been treated so much better here and witnessed much less bullshit and more willingness to vote despite conditions being more difficult. I guess it's just food for thought. I believe it should be made easier for everyone to vote.

Old 11-11-2016, 04:58 PM   #162
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
I didn't say I was against it, I just said that it's pointless at this stage. The time to rally people was before the election.

SOROS AND HIS MONEY CAUSING RIOTS

Soros is gonna backstab american liberals like he did the Jews during the holocaust. Watch out for this fucker, he gets off on shit like this.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:38 AM   #163
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by iB0lly View Post
Actually, let me know when you show up to the next rally so that I can drive down and run you over a couple times.
reported to the police

Old 11-12-2016, 02:44 AM   #164
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
I didn't say I was against it, I just said that it's pointless at this stage. The time to rally people was before the election.
yeah election 2020 you knuckle draggign ape. bernie suspenders movement has just now starting. fact remains obama is extremely popular. the problem was not the dems it was just clinton. if obama had been running he would have knocked trumps dick int he dirt. you know its fucking true so dont even open your mouth you babby. a good candidate will handly beat trump. the us is a liberal country now. post war era is over.

Old 11-12-2016, 02:48 AM   #165
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i'm not closely following this thread, but i don't remember rbg posting since the news of trump got out and fear for his safety. can anyone make sure he did not voluntarily succumb to the void

Old 11-12-2016, 03:07 AM   #166
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by JESUSNEEDSAHIT View Post
yeah election 2020 you knuckle draggign ape. bernie suspenders movement has just now starting. fact remains obama is extremely popular. the problem was not the dems it was just clinton. if obama had been running he would have knocked trumps dick int he dirt.
This is probably true, but also speaks to how the electorate seems to focus more on personal qualities of candidates than their policies. Clinton and Obama are very similar in terms of policy. There are some differences, of course. Clinton is a bit more hawkish on foreign policy, but a bit further left on some other issues (she was once for single-payer healthcare, just like Sanders, and still sympathizes with it, though she didn't run on it). Both are very centrist and corporatist, with ties to the financial sector, and willing to play nice with conservatives. Yet people love one and hate the other, particularly the sort of regular-joe moderates who don't pay much attention to politics save for election time.

As for the aims of the protests, hopefully a movement comes out of them that focuses on holding Democrats in Congress to account and getting them to properly oppose the Republicans, putting pressure on state governments to pass legislation to respect the popular vote, striking down voter-suppression laws, and ultimately getting somebody like Ellison or Warren elected president in 2020. No more conservative Democrats.

I guess what I'm most worried about is executive orders. Congress might be able to protect things like Obamacare, but Trump can remove a lot of environmental and safety regulations all by himself.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:19 AM   #167
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

obama was alone with trump ffor 90 minutes my guess is real trump is dead replaced with clone. backup plan engineered by debbie wasserman skulls.

Old 11-12-2016, 03:19 AM   #168
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster

everyone picture obama murdering trump for 1 moment and tell me you didnt kind of smile to yourself

Old 11-12-2016, 05:14 AM   #169
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

when u see it

u shit brix

Old 11-12-2016, 06:32 AM   #170
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Trump is like "I feel so fat and old and ugly next to this guy" and Obama's like "The fact that I was elected as POTUS means nothing does it"

Old 11-12-2016, 01:56 PM   #171
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Obama's probably thinking "Yeaaahhh, good luck with all that."

Meanwhile, in ten years time, he'll be remembered as the greatest president since Kennedy.

Sometimes nostalgia works.

Old 11-12-2016, 07:09 PM   #172
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

it's that first mild wretch when you know you gotta hit the john before you throw up

Old 11-12-2016, 08:01 PM   #173
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Obama's probably thinking "Yeaaahhh, good luck with all that."

Meanwhile, in ten years time, he'll be remembered as the greatest president since Kennedy.

Sometimes nostalgia works.
What, for having a likeable public persona?

Old 11-13-2016, 02:13 AM   #174
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I'm not saying he is the best since Kennedy, just that that's the way he'll be remembered. Especially after 4-8 years of Dumb Donald.

You know, kinda how Bill Clinton didn't seem so bad after W. ran the country into the ground.

Old 11-13-2016, 02:15 AM   #175
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Because probably nobody will get the reference, this is Dumb Donald.

Old 11-13-2016, 09:08 AM   #176
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Old 11-13-2016, 09:17 AM   #177
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Kid is now secretary of agriculture

As punishment

Old 11-13-2016, 10:27 AM   #178
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
I wonder what Donald was saying at that moment.

Old 11-15-2016, 11:27 PM   #179
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
Thousands of people showed up tonight for #NotMyPresident rally.
I think that "not my president" talk is really stupid. It was already a big slogan 16 years ago with W and it seemed extremely silly to me even then. " I don't fucking care dude, I don't agree with it so that's that: he won't be the president in my mind"

I mean really, denials no way to deal with a concern. These whiny people need to grow up.

Old 11-16-2016, 12:25 AM   #180
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

can we make this the new chat thread?