Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #1621
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Does it count as dirty underwear if someone is still wearing them?
I dunno, if he took them off would you put them back in the drawer?

Old 05-30-2017, 03:03 PM   #1622
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I like birds too! But netphoria as a whole tends to enjoy my cats over the rats. Even though the cats eat stinky, gross food from a bowl on the floor and are more temperamental and violent than the rats, who in contrast are vegetarians that hold food in their hands and are too sweet

Old 05-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #1623
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Rats smell better. Maybe because they're small

Old 05-30-2017, 03:05 PM   #1624
Elphenor
Braindead

I should get a duck

Old 05-30-2017, 03:06 PM   #1625
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Ok chandler

Old 05-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #1626
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
Would I put Mike's drawers back in my drawer? HEEELLLL NO!

Old 05-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #1627
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Are you saying Mike is dirty?

Old 05-30-2017, 03:14 PM   #1628
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

ohnoitssoiled

Old 05-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #1629
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Ok chandler
I'm p sure I'm Ross unfortunately

Old 05-30-2017, 03:19 PM   #1630
Elphenor
Braindead

Omg the episode where he plays synths and only Pheobe gets it

Old 05-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #1631
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

You're Ross, Poots is Chandler, and fuzzy is Joey

Old 05-30-2017, 03:27 PM   #1632
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

I'll let someone else sort out the female characters.

Old 05-30-2017, 03:40 PM   #1633
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

https://i.ytimg.com/vi/BuBJLTdr_pQ/hqdefault.jpg

http://www.gif-maniac.com/gifs/54/54249.gif
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
Omg the episode where he plays synths and only Pheobe gets it

Old 05-30-2017, 03:44 PM   #1634
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

What constitutes dirty underwear to you guys?

Old 05-30-2017, 03:56 PM   #1635
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
Are you saying Mike is dirty?
Fuzzy won't get back to me on how he keeps his penis so clean. Asking for my friend

Old 05-30-2017, 03:57 PM   #1636
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Quote:
What constitutes dirty underwear to you guys?
Worn for at least 1 minute

Old 05-30-2017, 04:51 PM   #1637
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Yeah, as soon as one removes a pair of underpants, they should be considered dirty.

That's why I never remove my underpants. So that they will be clean forever.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:00 PM   #1638
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

On you maybe

Old 05-30-2017, 05:42 PM   #1639
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
People are weird about pets in general thats just my opinion

I'm not that excited by animals except birds because it's lil dinosaurs c'mon
I dunno, I think that cladistics and looking at different species and their similarities and differences in terms of morphology and behaviour is pretty cool.

More the abstract idea of it. I don't think I'd ever be interested in becoming a zoologist or some expert on beluga whales or capuchin monkeys or anything like that (super cool that people are into that stuff out there and doing it, though). But some of the conceptual issues brought forth by the discipline are interesting.

Like, the biological species concept (there are, like, four or five conceptualizations of the word "species" used by biologists, because different definitions will suit different sub-disciplines better-- the only other one I know about is the ecological species concept) defines a species as a population that interbreeds and is reproductively isolated from other populations. For two organisms to be of the same species, they must be able to interbreed and produce fertile offspring (mules are infertile, so horses and donkeys are not of the same species).

However, there are some interesting complications to that, such as the phenomenon of ring species. Say that there are four populations: population A is adjacent to population B, population B is adjacent to population C, and population C is adjacent to population D. Each population is related via a relatively recent common ancestor, but has different gene frequencies from the others, perhaps due to genetic drift or the founder effect, geographic barriers inhibiting interbreeding, etc.

Members of p.A can interbreed with members of p.B. Members of p.B can interbreed with members of p.C. Members of p. C can interbreed with members of p.D.

However, if you were to introduce a member of population A and a member of population D, they would be unable to interbreed. They are too genetically dissimilar. But the intermediates between them can interbreed. Are they the same species, or nah?

Also, some animals are just cute. I like kinda investigating their cognition through their behaviour. With my sister's rabbit, I would often tease him by getting him some produce (he preferred that to the pellets, though they were treats for him because they can't eat too much), and then closing my hand and pulling it away as he started to approach it. The rabbit would go for my hands, but he would often go after the wrong hand. The fact that he went for a hand at all, and didn't, say, confuse a hand for a foot, suggested to me that he understands the concepts of body parts (or, at least, different parts of structures), but doesn't really have a concept of left/right. He could not distinguish between my two hands.

And they make you wonder about sensory perception and how the world must seem different to them. Different animals have different numbers of cones in their eyes, for example. I wonder how that effects their colour vision. Could you imagine being a bird with, like, seven cones or something? Or being a dichromat, like a dog?

Stephen Hawking said this thing about how he read an off-beat article in the newspaper saying that a small Italian town outlawed putting fish in round bowls, because the curved glass refracts light, and the town thought it inhumane to have fish live with such a distorted view of the world.

Hawking noted that, if an observer were looking at the outside world from within a round bowl, she would still be able to make observations and come up with equations and theories that would make predictions about outside phenomena (say, a swinging pendulum) as accurately as an observer outside the bowl. Makes you think about how we only encounter the world through our sense data, and how it could look completely different if our brains had evolved differently, but there's still that underlying structure to the universe that allows one to find regularities regardless of this. Who's to say that we're not in a round fish bowl?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:50 PM   #1640
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

My aquarium guy's coming to see about turning this whole room into an aquarium, begging the question: who's really in the aquarium, the fish or us?

Old 05-30-2017, 05:55 PM   #1641
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
I'll let someone else sort out the female characters.
I'm Phoebe.

Old 05-30-2017, 05:57 PM   #1642
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
My aquarium guy's coming to see about turning this whole room into an aquarium, begging the question: who's really in the aquarium, the fish or us?
If you think about it an aquarium is kinda like a submarine for fish.

Old 05-30-2017, 07:18 PM   #1643
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I dunno, I think that cladistics and looking at different species and their similarities and differences in terms of morphology and behaviour is pretty cool.

More the abstract idea of it. I don't think I'd ever be interested in becoming a zoologist or some expert on beluga whales or capuchin monkeys or anything like that (super cool that people are into that stuff out there and doing it, though). But some of the conceptual issues brought forth by the discipline are interesting.

Like, the biological species concept (there are, like, four or five conceptualizations of the word "species" used by biologists, because different definitions will suit different sub-disciplines better-- the only other one I know about is the ecological species concept) defines a species as a population that interbreeds and is reproductively isolated from other populations. For two organisms to be of the same species, they must be able to interbreed and produce fertile offspring (mules are infertile, so horses and donkeys are not of the same species).

However, there are some interesting complications to that, such as the phenomenon of ring species. Say that there are four populations: population A is adjacent to population B, population B is adjacent to population C, and population C is adjacent to population D. Each population is related via a relatively recent common ancestor, but has different gene frequencies from the others, perhaps due to genetic drift or the founder effect, geographic barriers inhibiting interbreeding, etc.

Members of p.A can interbreed with members of p.B. Members of p.B can interbreed with members of p.C. Members of p. C can interbreed with members of p.D.

However, if you were to introduce a member of population A and a member of population D, they would be unable to interbreed. They are too genetically dissimilar. But the intermediates between them can interbreed. Are they the same species, or nah?

Also, some animals are just cute. I like kinda investigating their cognition through their behaviour. With my sister's rabbit, I would often tease him by getting him some produce (he preferred that to the pellets, though they were treats for him because they can't eat too much), and then closing my hand and pulling it away as he started to approach it. The rabbit would go for my hands, but he would often go after the wrong hand. The fact that he went for a hand at all, and didn't, say, confuse a hand for a foot, suggested to me that he understands the concepts of body parts (or, at least, different parts of structures), but doesn't really have a concept of left/right. He could not distinguish between my two hands.

And they make you wonder about sensory perception and how the world must seem different to them. Different animals have different numbers of cones in their eyes, for example. I wonder how that effects their colour vision. Could you imagine being a bird with, like, seven cones or something? Or being a dichromat, like a dog?

Stephen Hawking said this thing about how he read an off-beat article in the newspaper saying that a small Italian town outlawed putting fish in round bowls, because the curved glass refracts light, and the town thought it inhumane to have fish live with such a distorted view of the world.

Hawking noted that, if an observer were looking at the outside world from within a round bowl, she would still be able to make observations and come up with equations and theories that would make predictions about outside phenomena (say, a swinging pendulum) as accurately as an observer outside the bowl. Makes you think about how we only encounter the world through our sense data, and how it could look completely different if our brains had evolved differently, but there's still that underlying structure to the universe that allows one to find regularities regardless of this. Who's to say that we're not in a round fish bowl?
there. my brand spanking new NetphoCorp sponsored MacBook Pro barely didn't crash but it caused some steam. ANDREW!!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #1644
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Fuzzy won't get back to me on how he keeps his penis so clean. Asking for my friend
Ain't nobody dope as fuzzy, he's just so fresh, so clean.

Old 05-30-2017, 08:43 PM   #1645
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

SO FRESH AND SO CLEAN CLEAN

Old 05-30-2017, 08:52 PM   #1646
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
You're Ross, Poots is Chandler, and fuzzy is Joey
No way man, I'd definitely be Chandler!

He was great in the earlier seasons when he was all wired, super skinny and hopped up on pills

Old 05-30-2017, 08:55 PM   #1647
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
Yeah, as soon as one removes a pair of underpants, they should be considered dirty.

That's why I never remove my underpants. So that they will be clean forever.
Nah man, they're still good, just turn em inside out!

Old 05-30-2017, 08:58 PM   #1648
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
The secret is it's size. Less circumference to clean

Old 05-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #1649
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

Its

Old 05-30-2017, 09:08 PM   #1650
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned

I enjoy this