Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-13-2018, 10:17 AM   #61
s0ss
Demi-God

Seems like there is a gap in the conversation.

Considering she kept flaking on getting into the studio, if it were me, I would be more reluctant to have her involved the closer the date got to touring.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:20 AM   #62
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

if it were you, would you have planned a massive "come back" arena tour for 2 years and spent your time flying around the country to go on trains and film wrestling, or would you have attempted to meet in person? IF you ever planned to in.clude that person in your plans?

I agree with all the "risky for this size of a tour" - only he is not daft. he never even met her in person in 19 years. you do that if you in fact don't plan to have them on a reunion to begin with. he met every 4th class wrestler more times than he did the person he is "too afraid of that she will crap out."

Old 02-13-2018, 10:21 AM   #63
T&T
Socialphobic

the fishy thing from corgan's part is the photoshoot that didn't inclu.de her.
i get that they're in LA just working on demo's.... that they needed ONE song, and could get that done without her...
but the photoshoot (which I bet we'll see final product thursday) is the only thing on corgan's part that irks me.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:24 AM   #64
s0ss
Demi-God

Just curious, but are they billing this as anything more than a SP tour w/ JC and Iha?

Has anyone, except the media, called this a come back or reunion?

Old 02-13-2018, 10:28 AM   #65
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
if it were you, would you have planned a massive "come back" arena tour for 2 years and spent your time flying around the country to go on trains and film wrestling, or would you have attempted to meet in person? IF you ever planned to in.clude that person in your plans?
Doesn't that work both ways? Is there a reason she wouldn't go see him?

Old 02-13-2018, 10:30 AM   #66
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

ask for an audition slot between nashville, chicago, nyc, los angeles and taping wrestling when he has time? sure. seems a bit more complicated than the other way around.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:31 AM   #67
T&T
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by soniclovenoize View Post
Doesn't that work both ways? Is there a reason she wouldn't go see him?
bingo.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:32 AM   #68
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ss View Post
Just curious, but are they billing this as anything more than a SP tour w/ JC and Iha?

Has anyone, except the media, called this a come back or reunion?
I've read "reunion" on a good number of sites. Almost to the point you'd think Zeitgeist, Oceania, TgbK and MtaE didn't exist, or the supporting tours didn't happen.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #69
s0ss
Demi-God

Well we don't see the texts where she asks him to come out to Michigan. Seems like we're making assumptions on people we don't really know with a 30 year history, 20 of those years one spent in seclusion away from the public eye.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:34 AM   #70
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

"Oh I really wanna be in the band again but sorry I can't make it to your rehearsal in the studio you built, because of ambiguous health problems I won't clarify. But hey you guys are welcome to just bring all your shit up to my horse farm and we can jam in a barn? Cool?

What wow fuck you Billy!!"

Old 02-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #71
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan

Quote:
ask for an audition slot between nashville, chicago, nyc, los angeles and taping wrestling when he has time? sure. seems a bit more complicated than the other way around.
That's right, because auditions should be held on the whim of who wants the audition, not who is holding it.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:40 AM   #72
srt4b
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:

I agree with all the "risky for this size of a tour" - only he is not daft. he never even met her in person in 19 years. you do that if you in fact don't plan to have them on a reunion to begin with. he met every 4th class wrestler more times than he did the person he is "too afraid of that she will crap out."
Maybe he tried to meet her and she was busy taking care of her mom.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #73
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

So this is definitely a smash and grab for nostalgia.

Dude is always looking to try and sell to the kids. Same setlist? I guess that’s fine. Sounds like they are just trying not to fuck up. He should have just taken care of the fan base he had and the rest wouldfollow. People see a community that they want to be a part of e.g. Pearl Jam (they’ve become a total nostalgia act but you get the point ).

If they are legit going for arenas I think they have been given some bad advice. Those things will be half empty.

Anyway, I’ll be there....

Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #74
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

I love that every morning of the week I wake up and new details emerge. Tomorrow is when we finally find out who the shapeshifters are.

Old 02-13-2018, 10:42 AM   #75
pavementtune

whatever it is, we all called it when exactly? 2000? 2007? 2016? that a full actual reunion was nothing he would try or want. and we were right, duh!

Old 02-13-2018, 10:43 AM   #76
s0ss
Demi-God

I don't see why Billy and Co. wouldn't shoot for the moon and hit Arenas? I doubt Iha will be 100% involved. He will most likely be relegated to low volume rhythm guitar and ebow while Jeff does the heavy lifting.

Just like Tainted Windows had a second rhythm guitarist live to help fill out Iha's playing.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:14 AM   #77
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0ss View Post
I don't see why Billy and Co. wouldn't shoot for the moon and hit Arenas? I doubt Iha will be 100% involved. He will most likely be relegated to low volume rhythm guitar and ebow while Jeff does the heavy lifting.

Just like Tainted Windows had a second rhythm guitarist live to help fill out Iha's playing.
I just don’t see there being a demand for an arena. Maybe if they could do some of these smaller 8k pavilions. Even then be hard to sell out.

I’d be surprised if the got the financial backing for a full blown arena tour. And if they did do arenas the tour would probabaly have to just be major cities. But who knows. Guess we will see Thursday.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:28 AM   #78
themadcaplaughs
Apocalyptic Poster

The band has played the same set list each tour since 2008. The only tour with any "surprises" was the 20th Anniversary Tour, and even those were few and far between.

Regarding arenas, it's clear that, for whatever misguided reason, that's Billy's metric of success these days. He tried it in 2012, got slaughtered, and that seemed to plant the seeds that resulted in Mike and Nicole getting fired. He played mildly successful arenas/pavilions in 2015, but had to buddy up with another alt-rock icon. I suspect he sees this as his big swing for the fences. Honestly, by any metric, this tour will be successful if the vast majority of shows sell 3/4 of their tickets, but Billy will piss and moan if shows don't sell out. This time next year, we'll probably be hearing about how Jimmy and James sabotaged the tour, and he will resurrect Day 4 Night with Jeff.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:31 AM   #79
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy can't even sing in tune live. And he's bitching at Darcy about being able to perform at the "highest level."

Old 02-13-2018, 11:38 AM   #80
dpmurph17
Amish Rake Fighter

well D'arcy's FB is no longer accessible...

Old 02-13-2018, 11:40 AM   #81
SPLATTER
Demi-God

Billy comes off well here. He's the boss. He's trying to be delicate and as open as he can be here.

Certainly he probably didn't get out in front of the D'arcy issue and communicating with her as he should have early.

But we do have circumstantial evidence to believe that the reality is such that she's not equipped to be a full regular part of this. And there's no kind or objectively appropriate way to put that to someone.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #82
byoung88
Demi-God

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmurph17 View Post
Wow.. Interesting.. wonder what's going on behind the scenes now.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:41 AM   #83
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpmurph17 View Post
Yep, looks like she's disabled it. I was "friends" with her as of yesterday, and was able to see her page but not anymore.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:44 AM   #84
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

*DOOM explosion*

Old 02-13-2018, 11:47 AM   #85
amoergosum
Minion of Satan

It's just amazing that Billy doesn't realize how boring Jack is on stage...there's zero chemistry >>>

P.S.:

Old 02-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #86
byoung88
Demi-God

[quote=amoergosum;4416537]It's just amazing that Billy doesn't realize how boring Jack is on stage...there's zero chemistry >>>

man.. his vocals do not sound good in this..

Old 02-13-2018, 11:51 AM   #87
eviltimeban
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post
It's just amazing that Billy doesn't realize how boring Jack is on stage...there's zero chemistry >>>
That's the difference between someone who's "in the band" versus someone who is a "touring band member". They can be replaced, chickie baby.

I'm sure no one here is a fan, but it was the same thing with Jamiroquai. All the original members eventually left bar Jay Kay the singer, and they were like this - zero stage presence. The original members were known to the fans but these guys are just anonymous session players.

Old 02-13-2018, 11:58 AM   #88
douglas78
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
gotta prove we can compete at the highest level

you know how it is
haters gonna hate

Old 02-13-2018, 12:00 PM   #89
cork_soaker
full of longing

but what about the space oddity broadcast

Old 02-13-2018, 12:04 PM   #90
thedeadofnight
Ownz

[quote=byoung88;4416540]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amoergosum View Post

man.. his vocals do not sound good in this..
That was awful.

Whatever incarnation of the band he's bringing out on this tour, he badly needs some keys/synth brought back. This "balls out rock" stuff he's been pushing since Oceania is so incredibly lame, dry and boring.

At least the 2007/08 tours had some variety and Lisa's keys brought that magical element back to some of the songs.