Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 12-22-2017, 08:59 PM   #5131
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

At least you can keep your own gift now, right?

Old 12-22-2017, 09:01 PM   #5132
FoolofaTook

So, uh, I emailed Monique, the girl who my prof tried to set me up with three months ago (lol I'm slow) last night. sent it and promptly freaked out.

She replied. Like five paragraphs to my one. I am happy but also scared. It will probably all end in bitter tears once she gets around to inviting me to Sabbath School but oh well it's worth a shot.

Scared.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:05 PM   #5133
FoolofaTook

It was a pretty lame email (she goes on archaeological digs in Jordan and I'm going to Jerusalem this summer so I asked her about the area) but she rolled with it. I won't email her back until tomorrow. Christ I have no idea what I'm doing. Thank god she isn't married, only abandoned

Pretty fucking nervous.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:12 PM   #5134
ilikeplanets
Braindead

i'm so tired, you guys

i think i feel old. does it just get worse until you die?

my mother is old, she's been driving down the wrong way on one-way streets because she can't see and asks me if she was awake or not during interactions we've had within the past 12 hours. humans are indeed made to decay.

Old 12-22-2017, 09:31 PM   #5135
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I can't believe you're going to Jerusalem

Old 12-22-2017, 09:33 PM   #5136
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
i'm so tired, you guys

i think i feel old. does it just get worse until you die?

my mother is old, she's been driving down the wrong way on one-way streets because she can't see and asks me if she was awake or not during interactions we've had within the past 12 hours. humans are indeed made to decay.
Sucks eh. I think more and more about that each year. It' hard for me to accept that a time will come when I won't know my kids anymore because either I'll be dead or they will be. It's too horrible to think about.

Old 12-22-2017, 10:47 PM   #5137
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
At least you can keep your own gift now, right?
no I didn't get a gift =((((

I still gave my gift

Old 12-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #5138
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I can't believe you're going to Jerusalem
Me neither. My dad will be going there three times this summer (wtf) two tours and one class. I'll probably end up coming with my uncle from Austria for the last trip, just a week in Jerusalem. Staying at a bomb hotel (three buffet meals a day watch out!!!). My parents are doing this because I sobered up and because I cleaned toilets for 17 months a huge accomplishment for the likes of me.

Monique will be in northern Israel at the same time on a dig. what a coincidence!

Old 12-23-2017, 01:25 AM   #5139
redbreegull

Quote:
Me neither. My dad will be going there three times this summer (wtf) two tours and one class. I'll probably end up coming with my uncle from Austria for the last trip, just a week in Jerusalem. Staying at a bomb hotel (three buffet meals a day watch out!!!). My parents are doing this because I sobered up and because I cleaned toilets for 17 months a huge accomplishment for the likes of me.

Monique will be in northern Israel at the same time on a dig. what a coincidence!
have fun using the hotel elevators on shabbat

Old 12-23-2017, 01:49 AM   #5140
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

embed Alcest - Hava Nagila (Apocalyptic Hassidic Shriek White-Hot Shoegaze Cover Version)

Old 12-23-2017, 03:41 AM   #5141
vixnix
Socialphobic

My Grandpa used to do tours there too, but he only ever took his favourite child with him, who wasn't my Dad, so we never went.

He's turning 100 next year and I'm trying to decide whether we will actually go back to NZ to celebrate with him and the rest of my Dad's family. Travel is so fucking expensive with kids. It'll be $7-8k SGD by the time we get there and do all of the holiday stuff. We could go skiing in Japan for that price.

And nobody would judge me there, for still not having a career.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:42 AM   #5142
vixnix
Socialphobic

This business with Monique sounds kind of promising.

Old 12-23-2017, 10:51 AM   #5143
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:

THERE WILL BE FEASTING
AND DANCING
IN JERUSALEM NEXT YEAR

Old 12-23-2017, 12:33 PM   #5144
FoolofaTook

Yeah. And some of my coolest/chillest relatives will be there. My fav cousin Vesna. It will be a welcome respite.

My parents want to send me to school in Europe. They seem to be bent on spoiling me rotten all of a sudden. It's weird, they've always been poor (used to get paid Croatian salaries while their coworkers got US ones in the Philippines) but now that my dad teaches at this hospital I guess they're loaded. If I saw Alcest in France I would probably die.

Praise Him!

Old 12-23-2017, 12:59 PM   #5145
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

well that seems awesome! Where in this 'Europe' you speak of might this education take place?

Old 12-23-2017, 01:15 PM   #5146
FoolofaTook

Motherfucking Scandinavia. It's just something my mom mentioned. But goddamn.

The Monique thing is scaring me. I feel like I have no right to email her. I have no job, no money etc. She just got a PhD from the Univ of Chicago.. And yet... she sent me a super long email and told me to write back. And my prof was dropping major hints.

Sigh it's probably just a plot to get me back into the sda fold.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:20 PM   #5147
FoolofaTook

Smashingjj sorry I forgot to download the harvey milk. i will asap aka in january when i get to the library.

been reading a bit about them they sound badass. and takeshi likes them so they must be good.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:35 PM   #5148
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
have fun using the hotel elevators on shabbat
Elevators? Pshaw! I walk/climb always. Have six years left on a deteriorating shinbone. Then (according to the surgeon who fixed my leg) I will have to relearn how to walk on a plastic knee and use a cane for the rest of my life.

fuck that i'm getting a STAFF. and growing a beard. and wearing necromancers robes and shit.

Old 12-23-2017, 01:50 PM   #5149
MarquisInSpades
Banned

I wish I could speak European.

Old 12-23-2017, 02:15 PM   #5150
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Smashingjj sorry I forgot to download the harvey milk. i will asap aka in january when i get to the library.

been reading a bit about them they sound badass. and takeshi likes them so they must be good.
nope. too late. everything I said will now be done.

Old 12-23-2017, 03:28 PM   #5151
FoolofaTook

Red face

A deluge of neg rep???

NOOO!!!!!!!!!!!

Old 12-23-2017, 03:32 PM   #5153
LaBelle
Socialphobic

man at that size 20 images is nothing. fail

Old 12-23-2017, 03:33 PM   #5154
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Nah it's kickass i look d at it and had to go b all like wtf is that haha

Old 12-23-2017, 04:22 PM   #5155
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I had a dream last night about being kidnapped by a bunch of australian women. these fucking dreams get worse and worse.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #5156
FoolofaTook

I dream a lot about finding my brother's mutilated corpse. Or him being injured somehow. Last night he was just a child, acting up, and I struck him and he fell and hit his knee on something that sliced it off. I could see the bone. But it wasn't a real wound but like marble or some kind of cream-colored stone. Weird and disturbing.

Btw he lied about going insane and having visions. Payback for me telling him to stop stealing/abusing drugs and being a hostile jackass. That bastard.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:36 PM   #5157
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
I had a dream last night about being kidnapped by a bunch of australian women. these fucking dreams get worse and worse.
That's sounds pretty sweet to me, tbqh

Old 12-23-2017, 04:37 PM   #5158
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I dreamt I was getting busy with one of my fave youtubers.

Honestly didn't wanna wake up.

Old 12-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #5159
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

It wasn't Nostalgia Critic, was it?

Old 12-23-2017, 04:42 PM   #5160
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Red face

Quote:
Yeah. And some of my coolest/chillest relatives will be there. My fav cousin Vesna. It will be a welcome respite.

My parents want to send me to school in Europe. They seem to be bent on spoiling me rotten all of a sudden. It's weird, they've always been poor (used to get paid Croatian salaries while their coworkers got US ones in the Philippines) but now that my dad teaches at this hospital I guess they're loaded. If I saw Alcest in France I would probably die.

Praise Him!
Bruh, did you even listen to the song I posted?