Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-18-2020, 09:40 PM   #181
buzzard
Minion of Satan
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,430
Default

Why keep posting in this thread if you don't want your views judged and cannot defend them with logically sound argument?

You're embarrassing yourself.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #182
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

Hurting the planet? You can't be serious. Trump doesn't believe in climate change and will do nothing to stop climate change, full stop

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:42 PM   #183
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

HE STOPPED THE PLAN TO GET RID OF PRIVATE PRISONS in 2017 THAT WAS ALREADY IN PLACE

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:42 PM   #184
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

I'm super glad no one you know has died of COVID, SS. Or that your medical treatment that you've been having for 10 years has been interrupted and it will affect you for the rest of your life. When it didn't have to be this way. That you can't go with your mom to her oncologist appointment because no one can go into the clinic except patients. So she gets to hear her cancer has come back with one there to comfort her or ask questions. That all your neighbors haven't gotten evicted in the past two months besides one other person, when this is already the cheapest rent around. When it didn't have to be this way.

god fucking damn it

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:44 PM   #185
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 10,994
Default

This thread has become like watching a soccer match where both teams keep scoring own goals and celebrate like they're winning.

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:48 PM   #186
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

voting has consequences I don't give a fuck about your principles, people are dying and the planet is ruined and action must be taken now, waiting 4 years for a pipe dream is dangerous and quite frankly half the country is completely fucked, the next few months will be absolutely awful

but fuck joe biden for not wanting medicare for all even though he wants everyone to be insured, that's not good enough, it needs to be perfect or sit the fuck down, joe biden

because i can wait 4 years and fuck everyone who loses coverage in the meantime

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:52 PM   #187
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

I'm a privileged-ass white person who has kept my job and has (government) healthcare and I can't image what it's like right now to be evicted without money without health insurance with kids but hold on my family will suffer for squish squash's pipe dream no problem the ends justify the means

change comes incrementally thats how things work

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 09:53 PM   #188
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

sorry i'm done

fuck joe biden and kamela harris for the record and i'm pissed it wasn't sanders too

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 10:04 PM   #189
buzzard
Minion of Satan
 
buzzard's Avatar
 
Posts: 6,430
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
This thread has become like watching a soccer match where both teams keep scoring own goals and celebrate like they're winning.
It's weird, isn't it?

Rather than ultimately discovering an overall average capacity of all users for engaging in meaningful discussion, we seem to stop at finding the absolute floor and just sit there in its filth.

 
buzzard is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:44 PM   #190
Disco King
Minion of Satan
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,553
Default

Dear Squish Squash,

I have presented the argument in a form you are likely better equipped to comprehend.


 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2020, 11:48 PM   #191
Disco King
Minion of Satan
 
Disco King's Avatar
 
Location: Banned
Posts: 7,553
Default

Would it help if I told you that this meme was shared in a meme group with over 390,000 members?

 
Disco King is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:08 AM   #192
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 16,123
Default

I'm going to share it

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:22 AM   #193
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 16,123
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
only if you believe Sanders is the lesson.

He can't even get half of Dem primary voters to support him.
that's why I put it in quotes

it was thought by the Bernie or bust in 2016 that we'd get a progressive candidate in response to Trump

there was probably no reason to assume this to begin with

(also still fuck 70% of Democrats)

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:25 AM   #194
Elphenor
Braindead
 
Elphenor's Avatar
 
Location: Shivers
Posts: 16,123
Default

I want to vote for Hillary again

 
Elphenor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:38 AM   #195
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!
 
MyOneAndOnly's Avatar
 
Location: "Okay, white power feminist" - yo soy el mejor
Posts: 21,638
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
This thread has become like watching a soccer match where both teams keep scoring own goals and celebrate like they're winning.

via GIFER


 
MyOneAndOnly is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 07:47 AM   #196
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 43,554
Default

that's politics, baby

should've been yang

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:03 AM   #197
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,437
Default

I like how you all assume my voting Green will affect anything in Missouri. I am one person and not everyone has to bow down to corporate stooges like Biden, sorry. If you think Biden will do anything meaningful environmentally, you are unfamiliar with his record. Additionally, if he starts a new war that will hurt the environment.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:08 AM   #198
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 31,594
Default

one vote doesn't send a message either

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:10 AM   #199
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I like how you all assume my voting Green will affect anything in Missouri. I am one person and not everyone has to bow down to corporate stooges like Biden, sorry.
"my vote doesn't matter anyway" QED

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:12 AM   #200
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
So your argument in the end is "my vote doesn't matter anyway"

Yet you think your lack of voting for Biden does matter

Which one is it
My vote doesn’t matter but if enough people thought like me we would get a progressive in 2024.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:13 AM   #201
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
If you think Biden will do anything meaningful environmentally, you are unfamiliar with his record. Additionally, if he starts a new war that will hurt the environment.
It's almost like people change their policies over time and are open to change their mind about their past policies, whether because they believe in different policies or public pressure.
I mean except Trump lol Mr. Double Down

And there is public pressure from democrats on this issue now.

Vote for whoever you want, your arguments for it are shitty and you should know that. You're right, your vote doesn't matter. Guess which party wants to get rid of the electoral college so it does matter?

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:34 AM   #202
LaBelle
Socialphobic
 
LaBelle's Avatar
 
Location: Away
Posts: 10,994
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
It's weird, isn't it?

Rather than ultimately discovering an overall average capacity of all users for engaging in meaningful discussion, we seem to stop at finding the absolute floor and just sit there in its filth.
It usually devolves into a hyperbolic shouting match.
Kinda hoped those would stay behind with fuzzy gone to be tbh

 
LaBelle is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:40 AM   #203
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I like how you all assume my voting Green will affect anything in Missouri. I am one person and not everyone has to bow down to corporate stooges like Biden, sorry. If you think Biden will do anything meaningful environmentally, you are unfamiliar with his record. Additionally, if he starts a new war that will hurt the environment.
No one is asking you to bow down you self righteous moron

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:41 AM   #204
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,285
Default

Over 170,000 are fucking *dead*

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 08:59 AM   #205
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,437
Default

I think you guys need to really think about why you’re more angry with me and other leftists for refusing to support someone with right-wing policies who’s supposedly the left wing candidate than you are with said candidate for absolutely refusing to support any progressive policy. If Biden wanted our votes he could get them.

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:03 AM   #206
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Squish Squash's Avatar
 
Location: I should kick you in the sides
Posts: 1,437
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
Over 170,000 are fucking *dead*
How many people have died because they can’t afford healthcare?

 
Squish Squash is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:31 AM   #207
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
How many people have died because they can’t afford healthcare?
A lot? What point do you think you’re trying to make?

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:32 AM   #208
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 62,285
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I think you guys need to really think about why you’re more angry with me and other leftists for refusing to support someone with right-wing policies who’s supposedly the left wing candidate than you are with said candidate for absolutely refusing to support any progressive policy. If Biden wanted our votes he could get them.
I can walk and chew gum, thanks

 
Eulogy is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:40 AM   #209
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 31,720
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Squish Squash View Post
I think you guys need to really think about why you’re more angry with me and other leftists for refusing to support someone with right-wing policies who’s supposedly the left wing candidate than you are with said candidate for absolutely refusing to support any progressive policy. If Biden wanted our votes he could get them.
I'm sorry Biden isn't the ideal candidate but you have to play with the cards you have. What happened is shady and fucked up wrt to the primary bit there's an election in 2.5 months.

And since you aren't responding at all to arguments, I'm done. Of course I'm angry about the ticket. But I care about other people more than my pride. Republicans won't even LOOK at leftist policies. You can't change the system. I'm sorry, but you can't. The only way it can possibly change (and not towards fascism) is to support the best candidate that also has an actual chance at winning.

I know you think you have integrity and you do in a theoretical way, but in a practical sense you are taking your ball and going home thinking you can come back later, but the court is going to be fucking demolished later if no one uses it

Sorry that's the best analogy I can make while sitting in my car waiting for my cat who is with the vet and scared shitless because I can't go in

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2020, 09:45 AM   #210
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
yo soy el mejor's Avatar
 
Location: all over the Internet
Posts: 43,554
Default

so squishy is voting, but not how you would like? got it!

 
yo soy el mejor is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Is it my fault that Donald Trump is the 45th president of the United States? teh b0lly!!1 General Chat Message Board 242 08-22-2020 02:17 PM
Keep Trump in President - Countdown to Impeachment MyOneAndOnly General Chat Message Board 237 01-23-2017 06:45 PM
ha ha ha the liberals are in nuclear meltdown Starla General Chat Message Board 489 12-08-2016 08:46 AM
People who are leaving America if Trump becomes president Starla General Chat Message Board 12 03-03-2016 05:50 PM
Friday afternoon "What's going on in your life?" thread TheMilstead General Chat Archive 45 06-07-2008 10:09 PM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:44 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2020