Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-18-2014, 02:17 AM   #211
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by juliana View Post
I told you that someone said that I live in a dream world, you wanted proof. I posted the quote.
not so. i was more specific than that:

Quote:
no one's saying you're living in a dream world if you think it's possible for some people to do what they love for a job. what we're saying is that you're living in a dream world if you think everyone has that option

Old 03-18-2014, 02:17 AM   #212
I'm Hardcore
Banned

like you said - people shouldn't do or say things just to have people agree with you all the time. Disagreement is healthy.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:19 AM   #213
I'm Hardcore
Banned

but what you haven't done here is the following:

a). given coherent/substantial replies to any points made by others

b). comprehended the majority of this conversation (see - 'Third World' comments)

Old 03-18-2014, 02:20 AM   #214
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by I'm Hardcore View Post
if you can't come up with anything to support your claims, or give coherent responses to the arguments of other people - you are out of your depth EVERYWHERE.

you came in here to lord it over the people who earn less money than you do. This failed spectacularly. Sleep tight, darling.
What claim? That trots should look at his career aspirations and then do something he would enjoy?

Or that I live in a dream world because that's what I did with my life and it worked for me.

I just don't get how asking a university graduate about his career aspirations is insulting.

Oh and please tell me how I am a daft cunt then talk shit about me insulting people.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:22 AM   #215
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

You still appear to be illiterate.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:23 AM   #216
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:

I just don't get how asking a university graduate about his career aspirations is insulting.
not EVERYBODY on earth gives a shit about the concept of a 'career'. Can you please at least feign an attempt to understand this?

Quote:
Oh and please tell me how I am a daft cunt then talk shit about me insulting people.
you've said plenty of things here which i would equate to you being a daft cunt. 'sad reality', or something. "Talk shit" would assume that you haven't insulted anyone, no?

Old 03-18-2014, 02:24 AM   #217
Trotskilicious
Banned

well also that three grown men weren't insulted because someone asked about my career asperations

no we were insulted by your first world small-mindedness and breathtaking lack of perspective that revealed itself LATER ON

Old 03-18-2014, 02:26 AM   #218
Trotskilicious
Banned

I have a quick survey question for you juliana

if you have read the following, please rate them on a ten point scale with 10 being the highest

1. Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand
2. The Secret by Whatever Piece of Shit Wrote the Secret

Old 03-18-2014, 02:26 AM   #219
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
You still appear to be illiterate.
Ya, I am typing on my iphone and it really is shitty.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:27 AM   #220
Trotskilicious
Banned

well i meant reading comprehension but you know, way to prove my point

Old 03-18-2014, 02:31 AM   #221
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
well also that three grown men weren't insulted because someone asked about my career asperations

no we were insulted by your first world small-mindedness and breathtaking lack of perspective that revealed itself LATER ON
Everyone I know who is in a JOB (since the word career is too harsh) transition thinks about what their goals or aspirations are before they set out to find something better.

Maybe I should have used the words, what are you looking for in a job? Something more pedestrian.

Old 03-18-2014, 02:32 AM   #222
I'm Hardcore
Banned

Quote:
Everyone I know who is in a JOB (since the word career is too harsh).
okay you are insufferable

Old 03-18-2014, 02:34 AM   #223
Trotskilicious
Banned

why would i want to share that with you at this point, seriously

Old 03-18-2014, 02:42 AM   #224
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Now no, you wouldn't. but prior what I was hoping you would figure out what you would want from your job then you would be able to steer yourself toward the correct path to reach that goal.

I recently met with a friend and she was laid off. She was going to find a similar job she had, I urged her not to because I knew she would be unhappy. And we talked about what she wanted from a job or career. She completely has the skills for her dream job. She just was stuck in a rut. I also know people who can help her get that job, so I am going to put her in contact with them.

Old 03-18-2014, 03:01 AM   #225
slunken
Virgo

Spring fever got everyone going bonkers lately

Old 03-18-2014, 03:21 AM   #226
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
Everyone I know who is in a JOB (since the word career is too harsh) transition thinks about what their goals or aspirations are before they set out to find something better.
following your argument that one should do what one loves for a career, the crux of the disagreement you have encountered can be summarised thus:

a) not everyone loves something that exists in a 'career' format (i.e., as paid work), and
b) not everyone has the option of a career in the first place.

you now seem to be arguing something else: that a person should merely attempt to find a line of work that is broadly palatable with their interests. (i.e., choose the 'least worst' of the options available.)

that is not unreasonable, but it's important to note that you started with a different and more extreme contention: that a person should do what they love for a career – as if it really were that simple for most people.

you can see how those are not the same thing, right?

Old 03-18-2014, 03:39 AM   #227
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Please compare and contrast my exact statements.

Old 03-18-2014, 04:53 AM   #228
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Congrats, trots. And that's not sarcasm, I mean it.
Your posts for the last year made the impression that you were utterly miserable in this job.

I quit with nothing lined up afterwards, too. At the time I was in therapy for some shit and on antidepressants. In combination of waking up every day and thinking "I'm a worthless piece of shit, just look at the fucked up company I'm whoring myself out for in exchange of a pay check" there wasn't a magical therapy that would have made me less depressive.
So one day I just quit, on a whim. No regrets.

You have a good head, trots, you'll find something eventually.

Old 03-18-2014, 05:10 AM   #229
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Jesus Christ, I head only read trots post describing his job.

What the hell happened in this thread... it's a bit upsetting actually

Anyway. Good luck, trots!

Old 03-18-2014, 06:57 AM   #230
Lucky Day Spa
mirrar quit netphoria

Quote:
Please compare and contrast my exact statements.
hardly seems necessary, but very well:

Quote:
Don't you guys have career aspirations? I'm not trying to be mean, just saying that work is shitty unless you love what you do.
Quote:
If you don't want to actually take a look at a career path that you might be satisfied with, don't complain about working shit jobs.
Quote:
If you choose to be an artist it should be your passion and regardless of the amount of money you make, you have to suffer for that dream.
Quote:
For fuck sakes trots has a univeristy degree he could easily get a job teaching english in Korea or Japan.
you started out by appealing to career aspirations and how people just need to find out what they love and do that for a job. you eventually ended up suggesting that trots could get a job teaching english overseas.

even ignoring the extensive rebuttal this thread has already seen, is it really not clear to you how these might be incompatible?

Old 03-18-2014, 08:24 AM   #231
Bread Regal
Banned

lately i've been asleep when the megathreads happen.

i'm lucky to be in a field where my talents and interests allow me to get a well paying job. not everybody can commodify their talents and interests and to act like that's some kind of moral failing is just unhelpful, mean and stupid.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:42 AM   #232
Eulogy
huh

I don't think I needed confirmation that Juliana was insane but it's nice to have it anyway.

Old 03-18-2014, 08:56 AM   #233
opera de nuit
Demi-God

i missed the majority of this as well. but trots, i just did something similar recently. i left my job of nine years for a lateral move just to make a change. i was tired of working in the basement (headaches, seasonal depression) and was fed up with taking on more responsiblities with each tech they lost, without any pay increase. so i moved to a different company, and i hate it even more. i resigned on my first day, without anything else lined up.

long story short, i'm interviewing today with my old company, but at a different location. my new company wants to put me somewhere else but i'd rather have my three weeks of vacation back. i've also considered taking time off without pay to try and find my "path" or what have you. my wife and i can afford it for a while, but i don't feel comfortable with depending on someone else. i've had a job since i was 16, even in high school and college, so it would be weird to be floating in the ether.

so, if i take my old company back, i'm hoping it's temporary... another year or two, save up some money/pay off some bills, but start taking steps to figure out what i want to be when i grow up, instead of being complacent and lazy about it.

errr, sorry for rambling... but i commend you for taking the leap and hope you can find something better soon.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:02 AM   #234
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Glad I saw this thread.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:08 AM   #235
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
I don't think I needed confirmation that Juliana was insane but it's nice to have it anyway.
Awesome, I am pretty sure if we examined your comments we would find out you are worse. I'm glad I found this thread.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:23 AM   #236
D.
Consume my pants.

Am i the only one who is getting a Monte vibe from juliana's posts ITT? Just completely clueless and out of her depths... The only thing missing is the offensively bad grammar.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:38 AM   #237
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lucky Day Spa View Post
hardly seems necessary, but very well:

you started out by appealing to career aspirations and how people just need to find out what they love and do that for a job. you eventually ended up suggesting that trots could get a job teaching english overseas.

even ignoring the extensive rebuttal this thread has already seen, is it really not clear to you how these might be incompatible?

You took independant statements that each have merit and you think they contradict? You retards threw out hypothetical scenarios how what I am saying is wrong. Random shit like people from ghettos which doesn't apply to advice I gave to this guy. He is also not an artist. Just bullshit.

If you think most in north america and europe do not have a choice, especially people WHO WENT TO UNIVERSITY... Please remind me again how you are more intelligent?

At the end of the day, the truth is many in this thread complaining about THEIR LIFE and THEIR SHIT JOBS are lazy. They don't want to work harder. Just a bunch of cry baby americans with university degrees who want to be on welfare.

Most of all, some of you are hypocrites, who reveal that you have a job that makes you happy with good salaries. Then say, not everyone can acheive this. I THINK A FUCKER WHO WENT TO UNIVERSITY LIVES IN NORTH AMERICA CAN.

Pathetic.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:40 AM   #238
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. View Post
Am i the only one who is getting a Monte vibe from juliana's posts ITT? Just completely clueless and out of her depths... The only thing missing is the offensively bad grammar.
Oh yes, I am like monte. Here is my fave "insult". Of them all, the best is that the people who use it work in the shipping docks at best buy and can't afford their meds.

You love to look down on others.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #239
sppunk
Netphoria's George Will

Who let this chick off the SP board? Holy moly.

Old 03-18-2014, 09:50 AM   #240
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

nothing wrong with being lazy. no need to get all angry about that. just chill, dude.