Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-18-2018, 03:05 PM   #1
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Default stopped taking anti-depressants a few days ago

Well actually I ran out and I need to pic up more from the chemist. But I've been noticing in the last couple of days I've been getting goosebumps listening to music for the first time in ages.

Old 07-18-2018, 03:15 PM   #2
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

cool about the music.

depending on what you were taking you might be in for a bad time, a terrible time, or it could be no big deal. good luck

Old 07-18-2018, 03:42 PM   #3
Ram27
dumb

Nice, that's awesome!

Every time I've tried meds they just made me feel like a zombie. I guess they're mood compressors - less lows, less highs

are there any depression meds that just make you feel good?

Old 07-18-2018, 03:44 PM   #4
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

weed

Old 07-18-2018, 03:45 PM   #5
Cool As Ice Cream

coke

Old 07-18-2018, 04:07 PM   #6
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Nice, that's awesome!

Every time I've tried meds they just made me feel like a zombie. I guess they're mood compressors - less lows, less highs

I was on trintellix and it basically just subdued the insane back and forth pendulum of my emotional state. It helped me not go into a downward spiral every time something went wrong but didn't really stop me from feeling joy at all.

unfortunately I also just went off it because I am fucking insane and want to destroy myself. actually the psychiatric clinic I was going to fucked up and basically made me feel that I have been right about psychiatry being evil all along. I know this doesn't make sense, but I feel they ruined the meds for me

Old 07-18-2018, 04:10 PM   #7
redbreegull

it also made me pretty sick to my stomach until I built up a tolerance to it. the clinic fucked me around a few times and caused me to run out of my prescription, and I just can't make myself go through the re-acclimation period again

but it also wreaks havoc if you just go off it, or at least it did for me.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #8
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i understand the self-destruction and the fuck you to the clinic that fucked you, but you know you felt better on them and if you go back on them again you'll be all "why didn't i do this earlier..."

so why not feel better and just go back?

Old 07-18-2018, 04:25 PM   #9
Disco King
Minion of Satan

I noticed no difference when I'd forget to take my meds. Toward the end of being on sertraline, I was forgetting more often than not. I noticed no difference when I remembered to take them.

They're now weening me off of sertraline and putting me on Effexor. Only the second day of trying it so far.

Old 07-18-2018, 04:26 PM   #10
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
Nice, that's awesome!

my meds don't make me feel good but they make me feel less bad, and they don't blunt my emotions... but my emotions are already blunted a lot because of my complex ptsd/dissociation

that said stuff like wellbutrin that has primary effects on norepinephrine and dopamine should be less mood compressing (nice term btw) than classic SSRIs like prozac, paxil, lexapro, etc. it's more 'stimulating'

Old 07-18-2018, 04:27 PM   #11
Shallowed
Braindead

That's exactly what happened to me with citalopram.

Edit: @discoking

Old 07-18-2018, 04:32 PM   #12
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disco King View Post
I noticed no difference when I'd forget to take my meds. Toward the end of being on sertraline, I was forgetting more often than not. I noticed no difference when I remembered to take them.

They're now weening me off of sertraline and putting me on Effexor. Only the second day of trying it so far.
the good thing about SNRIs is that if your issue is with norepinephrine (very likely if there was no difference with sertraline) it should work much faster than SSRIs typically do. when i got put on cymbalta the first time i felt better in a few days. gl

Old 07-18-2018, 04:54 PM   #13
Ihaguitar
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
That's exactly what happened to me with citalopram.

Edit: @discoking
It's citalopram I'm on.

Old 07-18-2018, 06:15 PM   #14
Shallowed
Braindead

I'm seeing my doctor in about a week. This is the same one who recommended citalopram about six years ago, which I've been on and off since. I think I'll see whatother medication I could try.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:58 PM   #15
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

I started taking superdepressants. They make me SAD AS FUUUUUUUUCK.

Old 07-18-2018, 09:59 PM   #16
Shallowed
Braindead

Intoxicated with the madness
I'm in love with my sadness

Old 07-18-2018, 10:47 PM   #17
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I stopped taking my medication altogether and now I am sad and stressed all the time, and freaked out about how much weight I've put on.

I'm so broken either way. I'm choosing whether I want to be eating myself into an early grave with a smile on my face, or preserving my physical health at the expense of my husband and children's mental health.

Probably need to find a psychologist.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:02 AM   #18
fuzzyroes
Banned

Guys, with all honesty, I'd really avoid taking any of that stuff all together... IF YOU CAN of course. If you're so mentally ill that you're a danger to yourself or society, then it's a good tool to turn to.

Doctors still don't fully understand the long lasting effects that they have on the body and the mind in the long run. It's also a popular opinion that once you've been on these drugs for so many years, you'll probably have to continue on them for life...Definitely a commonality for addicts of hard drugs.

Just think, humans have evolved for millions of years, and now you're willingly entering in some artificial chemicals into your body to alter your brain chemistry... There's gonna be a ton of untold side effects and in many of these scenarios, it's better just to tough it out. Psychotropic meds are just a crutch that are gonna cause problems down the road, not unlike alcohol or MDMA or any other drug.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 07-19-2018 at 12:07 AM.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:03 AM   #19
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm proud to say that I've never taken a doctor prescribed mood altering drug in my life. I've just rode through and trudged through all the brutal times in my life, and I'm stronger for it.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:12 AM   #20
noyen
Immortal

fuck you trash. I hope you kill yourself in a moment of weakness. it will make these posts better for future generations.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:13 AM   #21
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Just think, humans have evolved for millions of years, and now you're willingly entering in some artificial chemicals into your body to alter your brain chemistry... There's gonna be a ton of untold side effects and in many of these scenarios, it's better just to tough it out. Psychotropic meds are just a crutch that are gonna cause problems down the road, not unlike alcohol or MDMA or any other drug.
The same thing goes for all the preservatives that are found in food... And we wonder why cancer rates have been sky rocketing. Organic is the way to go.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:14 AM   #22
FoolofaTook

if i kill myself it will be in a moment of strength!

666 BAMOPHET 666

Old 07-19-2018, 12:14 AM   #23
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Guys, with all honesty, I'd really avoid taking any of that stuff all together... IF YOU CAN of course. If you're so mentally ill that you're a danger to yourself or society, then it's a good tool to turn to.

Doctors still don't fully understand the long lasting effects that they have on the body and the mind in the long run. It's also a popular opinion that once you've been on these drugs for so many years, you'll probably have to continue on them for life...Definitely a commonality for addicts of hard drugs.

Quote:
I'm proud to say that I've never taken a doctor prescribed mood altering drug in my life. I've just rode through and trudged through all the brutal times in my life, and I'm stronger for it.
die

Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #24
fuzzyroes
Banned

It's the opinion of many experts that doctors are far to eager to push these mood altering drugs upon patients. Life isn't supposed to be pleasant or fun or happy all of the time. It's gonna be a disaster and there's gonna be traumas and loss and stress and anxiety and the more we accept that, the less we'll need to artificially make ourselves happy with these drugs and other escapes.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #25
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Stay away from medicines designed to combat specific neurochemical imbalances and just down a few cans of cheap beer to get through trying events such as a day at work, walks along the river and journeys on public transport to concerts attended solo.

Live like we did in the good old days when human life spans and quality of living were much higher on average than they are today.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:16 AM   #26
FoolofaTook

jumping off a skyscraper is my fantasy. and leaving a handwritten manuscript of an epic fantasy poem on the rooftop so that everyone will be like oh shucks he was so awesome too bad we didn't worship him.

Last edited by FoolofaTook : 07-19-2018 at 11:21 PM.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:17 AM   #27
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Stay away from medicines designed to combat specific neurochemical imbalances and just down a few cans of cheap beer to get through trying events such as a day at work, walks along the river and journeys on public transport to concerts attended solo.

Live like we did in the good old days when human life spans and quality of living were much higher on average than they are today.
yes. ppl before the deluge lived for hundreds of years and were 10 metres tall!!

Old 07-19-2018, 12:18 AM   #28
Ram27
dumb

i usually wish i was born in the middle ages, before we knew about brains or ssris

Old 07-19-2018, 12:21 AM   #29
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Also, they just developed a new method for detecting a previously undocumented form of cancer and I think it's causing a recently documented form of cancer because its rate of diagnosis has suddenly gone through the roof.

Old 07-19-2018, 12:22 AM   #30
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm not casting any judgement, and I shouldn't be one to talk but I have plenty of close friends who have turned to psychotropic drugs and I haven't really seen much personal growth as a result of it. It essentially just does numb all of the emotions. One good friend actually has big issues with erectile dysfunction on his meds.

So like Buzz was getting at, I don't know if there's a lot of difference when it comes to numbing yourself with doctor prescribed hard meds and alcohol. I'd never argue that alcohol is less harmful of a solution, but they're certainly both crutches.