Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-22-2007, 07:04 PM   #271
Spankarine
Ownz
 
Spankarine's Avatar
 
Location: mississippi
Posts: 606
Default

most people had "instrumental" or "piano interlude" before tonight, tonight... so i think you can pretty much pencil in "Mellon Collie and the Infinite Sadness"

 
Spankarine is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:08 PM   #272
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic
 
Ol' Couch Ass's Avatar
 
Location: The Filthy South
Posts: 11,149
Default

First couple of songs up in good quality

 
Ol' Couch Ass is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #273
penn darvis
Pledge
 
Posts: 176
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ol' Couch Ass
C'mon. You could've done so much better.

 
penn darvis is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #274
billy269
Pledge
 
Posts: 95
Default

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fu...421&indicate=1

 
billy269 is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:09 PM   #275
Technocratic
Amish Rake Fighter
 
Technocratic's Avatar
 
Posts: 6
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deadeyes
Nothing from Gish, odd.
Yup, I was thinking the same thing.

Well, hopefully the setlist will be variable. But it still looks pretty good, I'm definitely looking forward to it

 
Technocratic is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:10 PM   #276
Virex Kills
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Virex Kills's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,074
Default

WHo is Lisa Harriton?!

 
Virex Kills is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:11 PM   #277
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic
 
Ol' Couch Ass's Avatar
 
Location: The Filthy South
Posts: 11,149
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by penn darvis
C'mon. You could've done so much better.
I also could have done so much worse. We'll call it a par.

 
Ol' Couch Ass is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:13 PM   #278
Ol' Couch Ass
Socialphobic
 
Ol' Couch Ass's Avatar
 
Location: The Filthy South
Posts: 11,149
Default

I wonder if the skin flutist was in attendance.

 
Ol' Couch Ass is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #279
krackhead
Ownz
 
krackhead's Avatar
 
Posts: 797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spaceboy88
Okay, where's the boot?!
?

 
krackhead is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:15 PM   #280
jamesey
Demi-God
 
Location: Pasadena, CA USA
Posts: 476
Default

The last show with D'arcy, and the original lineup, was this one.
http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=640

I was there. I win.

 
jamesey is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:16 PM   #281
rolmos
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 2,350
Default

http://www.smashingpumpkins.com/myspace/paris22may.jpg

 
rolmos is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:20 PM   #282
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MisterSquishyHalo's Avatar
 
Location: seattle, wa, usa
Posts: 3,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesey
The last show with D'arcy, and the original lineup, was this one.
http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=640

I was there. I win.

You already posted this.

 
MisterSquishyHalo is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:21 PM   #283
jamesey
Demi-God
 
Location: Pasadena, CA USA
Posts: 476
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSquishyHalo
You already posted this.
yeah, the board is really slow and I double posted minutes apart. I'm sorry everyone.

 
jamesey is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:22 PM   #284
garbanzo
Demi-God
 
garbanzo's Avatar
 
Location: Pittsburgh
Posts: 429
Default

I hope that isn't a real setlist picture.
I was hoping they'd come back more....off the cuff....instead of these predetermined decisions to play x number of encores, with x songs.

At least give me the illusion!

 
garbanzo is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:23 PM   #285
TimeZoneChecker
Pledge
 
Location: Antarctica
Posts: 125
Default

9 Zeitgeists !
6 MCIS
6 Siamese Dreams
3 Machinas
3 Adores
2 Judas Os/Rotten Apples
0 Gish ...

 
TimeZoneChecker is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:24 PM   #286
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MisterSquishyHalo's Avatar
 
Location: seattle, wa, usa
Posts: 3,964
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbanzo
I hope that isn't a real setlist picture.
I was hoping they'd come back more....off the cuff....instead of these predetermined decisions to play x number of encores, with x songs.

At least give me the illusion!

FIrst show together..getting ready for massive festival tours...

and you expect them not to have a setlist and just play shit as they go along.

Come on people.

 
MisterSquishyHalo is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #287
Shapan
Socialphobic
 
Shapan's Avatar
 
Location: intellectual hobo
Posts: 11,801
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jamesey
The last show with D'arcy, and the original lineup, was this one.
http://www.spfc.org/tours/date.html?tour_id=640

I was there. I win.
no one care

 
Shapan is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:25 PM   #288
wounded
Apocalyptic Poster
 
wounded's Avatar
 
Location: Kentucky
Posts: 3,771
Default

man the new heart logo looks so emo on that setlist. i like the old heart. yeah odd no gish. i'm sure they have at least practiced i am one and rhino though.

 
wounded is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:26 PM   #289
cyclonus5150
Oblivious Virgin
 
Posts: 27
Default

Okay so at what point did Pumpkins fans become incredibly whiny and high maintenance? What happened to the days when we were all just incredibly psyched to hear the band play just about anything, not whining about "the hits"? Granted, I pretty much gave up on this board during the Machina trainwreck but I really don't remember this many goobers lurking around bitching and moaning. Is this the fan base that kindof filled the void when the long-time fans lost interest? Maybe the ones that remained felt that by embracing the lackluster songs of the band's later years while most of the rock fan base had basically dwindled away that the band had somehow become "your own"? News flash - those songs are hits because they fucking rock. Why wouldn't the band want to play those songs that made them who they are today?

Oh and please get over the coverband bullshit. Billy and Jimmy were the driving force behind the Pumpkins sound on every album outside of the nightmarish "Adore". Even there you can't pin much credit on either D'Arcy or James. They were along for the ride basically from the beginning and were probably just grateful for the experience. More than anything, the Smashing Pumpkins were and always will be the creative vision of Billy Corgan and anyone who denies that is delusional. If you can't accept it, go start your own Scratchie Records fan site and give up on the Pumpkins. I think Billy is officially out of his post-Mellon Collie funk and is taking it to a new level. Oh and he's actually playing the guitar again, not just going through the motions. Sorry electro-goth-drivel fans. At least you've got "The Future Embrace" to chew on .

 
cyclonus5150 is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:28 PM   #290
JokeyLoki
has great self of steam.
 
JokeyLoki's Avatar
 
Location: SECRET OBAMA FUCKDEN RENDEZVOUS
Posts: 24,317
Default

tl; dr

 
JokeyLoki is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:30 PM   #291
krackhead
Ownz
 
krackhead's Avatar
 
Posts: 797
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wounded
man the new heart logo looks so emo on that setlist. i like the old heart. yeah odd no gish. i'm sure they have at least practiced i am one and rhino though.
Trying to pull a green day and capture the emo crowd...

 
krackhead is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:31 PM   #292
caliphornia
Ownz
 
caliphornia's Avatar
 
Posts: 577
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonus5150
Okay so at what point did Pumpkins fans become incredibly whiny and high maintenance? What happened to the days when we were all just incredibly psyched to hear the band play just about anything, not whining about "the hits"? Granted, I pretty much gave up on this board during the Machina trainwreck but I really don't remember this many goobers lurking around bitching and moaning. Is this the fan base that kindof filled the void when the long-time fans lost interest? Maybe the ones that remained felt that by embracing the lackluster songs of the band's later years while most of the rock fan base had basically dwindled away that the band had somehow become "your own"? News flash - those songs are hits because they fucking rock. Why wouldn't the band want to play those songs that made them who they are today?

Oh and please get over the coverband bullshit. Billy and Jimmy were the driving force behind the Pumpkins sound on every album outside of the nightmarish "Adore". Even there you can't pin much credit on either D'Arcy or James. They were along for the ride basically from the beginning and were probably just grateful for the experience. More than anything, the Smashing Pumpkins were and always will be the creative vision of Billy Corgan and anyone who denies that is delusional. If you can't accept it, go start your own Scratchie Records fan site and give up on the Pumpkins. I think Billy is officially out of his post-Mellon Collie funk and is taking it to a new level. Oh and he's actually playing the guitar again, not just going through the motions. Sorry electro-goth-drivel fans. At least you've got "The Future Embrace" to chew on .

i think fans are just excited after thinking SP has been dead for almost 7 years. hopefully everyone will calm down after this first year of comeback tours/first comeback album.

 
caliphornia is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:32 PM   #293
theghostchild
Demi-God
 
theghostchild's Avatar
 
Location: The Home of Gish
Posts: 408
Default

I have to agree...as a longtime fan and board member since 1997, under a previous name, the board did change...as Billy posted int eh Chicago Tribune in 2005...he wanted his songs back, etc, etc....so why not stop your bitching and be happy they are back and playing. I love to hear the b-sides, rarities, "non-commercial" hits just as much as the next die hard, but the fact of the matter is the majority of the people attending these shows, particularly the ones in larger venues, wouldn't know the difference if it were an old song or a new song off Zeitgeist. We should be happy, stop the bitching, and enjoy the fact that "our band" is back.

 
theghostchild is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:33 PM   #294
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan
 
monkeyfritters's Avatar
 
Location: google
Posts: 6,663
Default

JAMES AND DARCY RULE!

BILLY SUCKS!

 
monkeyfritters is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:34 PM   #295
cyclonus5150
Oblivious Virgin
 
Posts: 27
Default

Oh I'm sure it will. I was just surprised to see so many unwarranted bad vibes.

And yes, I was whining but I was whining about the whining so I get a pass on that

 
cyclonus5150 is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #296
MisterSquishyHalo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
MisterSquishyHalo's Avatar
 
Location: seattle, wa, usa
Posts: 3,964
Default

We should be getting some show reviews soon.

 
MisterSquishyHalo is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #297
waltermcphilp
Socialphobic
 
waltermcphilp's Avatar
 
Location: I DO C-C-C-COCAINE
Posts: 11,147
Default

is this thread worth reading?

 
waltermcphilp is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:35 PM   #298
Quiet CD
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Quiet CD's Avatar
 
Location: wherever you aren't
Posts: 3,242
Default

really awesome setlist... good job bc.

 
Quiet CD is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:36 PM   #299
jack_kerouac03
Apocalyptic Poster
 
jack_kerouac03's Avatar
 
Location: MN
Posts: 1,394
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyclonus5150
Okay so at what point did Pumpkins fans become incredibly whiny and high maintenance? What happened to the days when we were all just incredibly psyched to hear the band play just about anything, not whining about "the hits"? Granted, I pretty much gave up on this board during the Machina trainwreck but I really don't remember this many goobers lurking around bitching and moaning. Is this the fan base that kindof filled the void when the long-time fans lost interest? Maybe the ones that remained felt that by embracing the lackluster songs of the band's later years while most of the rock fan base had basically dwindled away that the band had somehow become "your own"? News flash - those songs are hits because they fucking rock. Why wouldn't the band want to play those songs that made them who they are today?

Oh and please get over the coverband bullshit. Billy and Jimmy were the driving force behind the Pumpkins sound on every album outside of the nightmarish "Adore". Even there you can't pin much credit on either D'Arcy or James. They were along for the ride basically from the beginning and were probably just grateful for the experience. More than anything, the Smashing Pumpkins were and always will be the creative vision of Billy Corgan and anyone who denies that is delusional. If you can't accept it, go start your own Scratchie Records fan site and give up on the Pumpkins. I think Billy is officially out of his post-Mellon Collie funk and is taking it to a new level. Oh and he's actually playing the guitar again, not just going through the motions. Sorry electro-goth-drivel fans. At least you've got "The Future Embrace" to chew on .
nightmarish Adore?

fuck you, buddy.


(unless of course, you are making a joke about Behold! The Nitemare)

 
jack_kerouac03 is offline
Old 05-22-2007, 07:38 PM   #300
AndySlash

 
AndySlash's Avatar
 
Posts: 20,228
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSquishyHalo
FIrst show together..getting ready for massive festival tours...

and you expect them not to have a setlist and just play shit as they go along.

Come on people.

Well, I know I would hope that the encores wouldn't be planned out ahead of time. I like it when bands cater to the moment and play things in the encore according to their whims as opposed to knowing even before the show starts what they'll be playing for a closer.

Being that this is the first show, it's fine, but I'd hope down the road this might change.

 
AndySlash is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:08 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2014