Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 03-05-2015, 12:17 PM   #91
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Monkey Butler!

Now there's a name for your band, fuzzy!

Old 03-05-2015, 02:57 PM   #92
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

the irony is my resistance to drugs is super fucking low.

Probably because outside of trials i rarely take anything, even over the counter stuff. I'm the guy who'd rather suffer than take a pill.

And my digestive system is a mess so trying out untested food is a bad idea. Chances are i'd have horrible cramps wen in truth everyone else would be alright eating whatever i'd just eaten.

Old 03-05-2015, 03:55 PM   #93
Rairun
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulogy View Post
This thread has oboard circa 2000 written all over it
It's true. Pumpkins Island, it was called.

Old 03-05-2015, 04:04 PM   #94
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
the irony is my resistance to drugs is super fucking low.

Probably because outside of trials i rarely take anything, even over the counter stuff. I'm the guy who'd rather suffer than take a pill.

This is utter nonsense in the context of how you make your living.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:37 PM   #95
slunken
Virgo

i'm still watching lost but does anybody remember those flash forward scenes where jack is in a jeep and listening to nirvana "scentless apprentice?" (in one scene) and the pixies "gouge away" (in another). it's when he's pulling up to the funeral parlour to see the body of jeremey benthem. pretty hardcore and drastic uses of music for sure.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:39 PM   #96
slunken
Virgo

also as the fisherman does this mean i also have to clean and gut the fish? i would assume and hope not.

Old 03-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #97
slunken
Virgo

shallowed could learn a thing or two from me for sure (no homo).

Old 03-05-2015, 07:40 PM   #98
slunken
Virgo

roll up your pantlegs son, it's time i teach you about life

Old 03-05-2015, 07:41 PM   #99
slunken
Virgo

(bring your guitar)

Old 03-05-2015, 07:43 PM   #100
Elijah Moon
Apocalyptic Poster

How do I sign up for this, then? I need to get away for a while

Old 03-05-2015, 07:45 PM   #101
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Quote:
This is utter nonsense in the context of how you make your living.
Yeah well if i cared to explain how these works you might understand but this would take paragraphs. Also, i've done it before.

Let's just say you take small dosage, usually less than a patient needing the drug would, and like two or three times, days or weeks apart. And aside from one time in all the like probably like 60 trials i've done, these were never untested on humans. Often already on the market elsewhere in the world. 90% of the time i notice no difference. No side effects. Hyper or hypotension drugs might give you a headache when pressure returns to normal. This is usually the worst ones. And then there's the anti depressants i did twice that gave me anxiety because i have a disorder and i didn't tell them. I don't do anti depressant anymore for this reason. that's it. Well an last year when i did the weed extract drug which made me panic. That was by far the worst trial i've ever done. But all it was was THC which most people here take willingly, repeatedly.

of course i stay away from hard stuff like morphine type drugs though. Some would love it, i don't want to ever feel high personally.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:10 PM   #102
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i was bored by word three

Old 03-05-2015, 08:17 PM   #103
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
TEB, could you please give us a little more detail?
hahahaha

Old 03-05-2015, 08:19 PM   #104
ilikeplanets
Braindead

maybe i should test new drugs for a living too. i already do that without getting paid. research chemicals are weird. pretty sure i'm one of maybe one hundred people that actually shot up psychedelic phenethylamines. that is valuable, scientifically.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:23 PM   #105
ilikeplanets
Braindead

oooh that might be too much smoke for even me. i've never smoked more than a pack a day and even that's a bit more than usual.

Old 03-05-2015, 08:24 PM   #106
LaBelle
Socialphobic

That explains how awesome Axl's voice is nowadays

Old 03-05-2015, 08:26 PM   #107
ilikeplanets
Braindead

sometimes i like the raspy smoker voice

Old 03-05-2015, 08:26 PM   #108
ilikeplanets
Braindead

don't like axl rose either way though

Old 03-05-2015, 11:16 PM   #109
kelsome
Apocalyptic Poster

I'll assist Bonnie.

Old 03-05-2015, 11:53 PM   #110
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
Originally Posted by The exploding boy View Post
Yeah well if i cared to explain how these works you might understand but this would take paragraphs. Also, i've done it before.

Let's just say you take small dosage, usually less than a patient needing the drug would, and like two or three times, days or weeks apart. And aside from one time in all the like probably like 60 trials i've done, these were never untested on humans. Often already on the market elsewhere in the world. 90% of the time i notice no difference. No side effects. Hyper or hypotension drugs might give you a headache when pressure returns to normal. This is usually the worst ones. And then there's the anti depressants i did twice that gave me anxiety because i have a disorder and i didn't tell them. I don't do anti depressant anymore for this reason. that's it. Well an last year when i did the weed extract drug which made me panic. That was by far the worst trial i've ever done. But all it was was THC which most people here take willingly, repeatedly.

of course i stay away from hard stuff like morphine type drugs though. Some would love it, i don't want to ever feel high personally.
None of this explains why you would rather suffer than take over the counter medication.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:13 AM   #111
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
Didn't Guns n' Roses do a study when they were just starting out where they had to smoke three or four packs of cigarettes a day? That's how they paid the bills and practiced all day.
Never heard of that. Friends of mine have done studies with people soliciting in the mall and they give you cartons of mystery smokes (smokes with no labels) and you get paid to give reviews on em. I was thinking of doing it as I'm a casual smoker (smoke when I'm drunk socially or on drugs) but the idea of having that many cigarettes on hand seemed like a recipe for disaster.

Old 03-06-2015, 12:15 AM   #112
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think you only get like 75-100 dollars at time though, so you wouldn't be able to make a living off of it

Old 03-06-2015, 01:46 PM   #113
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
sometimes i like the raspy smoker voice
u shud listen 2 motorhead. and immortal. hella raspyness.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:00 PM   #114
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
None of this explains why you would rather suffer than take over the counter medication.
well it depends what. Ill take painkillers. Though i could only be convinced to take codeine for horrible toothaches. And i take antihistamines when exposed to clothes that have been infested with moths (i'm allergic to moths, or at least whatever they leave behind which is mainly their shit i suppose? anyway i had to deal with a moth infestation here for like 2 years, i didnt even know was allergic to that...pretty horrible..)

I think that's about it. Anything else i'll have to really be convinced.

I only will take the drugs at trials because they pay me a lot of cash for it. Turns out ill do a lot of things i don't like for a lot of cash. I'm not proud. If i wasn't hypochondriac i probably could be convinced to take up prostitution.

Old 03-06-2015, 02:01 PM   #115
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

supposing of course anyone would want what i've got. Which is unlikely

Old 03-06-2015, 02:45 PM   #116
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I mean that's all most people take. Painkillers, allergy/cold meds, and stomach meds if they have diarrhea or bad heartburn. As far as OTC goes, that's pretty much everything, no?

Old 03-06-2015, 04:36 PM   #117
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Well like i wont take anything for cold and flu. Well EXCEPT like tylenol for fever.So again, painkillers. Anything that says can cause drowsiness i don't want.

Also............i won't take anti anxiety drugs and anti depressant despite really needing them. I'm actually scared of what they might do to me.

Oh wait but yeah its not OTC.

I dont take digestion relate meds cause i swear none of them ever worked for me. Well rolaids might help heartburn but that's hardly meds, its just calcium and stuff.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:47 PM   #118
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

i don't take anything for anything. except this. and that. and sometimes that.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:49 PM   #119
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
also as the fisherman does this mean i also have to clean and gut the fish? i would assume and hope not.
nah, I can do the gutting. someone needs to build me a hut, though.

we have too many people and not enough "jobs" I can think of.
this unlimited supply of weed SJ added to the plot would take care of that, I guess.

Old 03-06-2015, 04:51 PM   #120
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i don't take anything for anything. except this. and that. and sometimes that.
Fine.

Rolaids, antihistamines, painkillers (tylenol or naproxen). That's it.