Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2014, 09:09 PM   #1
slunken
Virgo

Default I just heard about the McGangBang (fast food related)

apprently you take a double cheeseburger and a mc_chicken and then take the chicken and slam it in between the two burgers of the double cheesburger.

"underground menu"

i'm all about going to try this. i'm eccentric

Old 04-30-2014, 09:10 PM   #2
slunken
Virgo

mods move this if you want but i heard it from touring music dudes it doesn't matter

Old 04-30-2014, 09:11 PM   #3
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

does it have to be a double cheeseburger or can it be a mcdouble?

Old 04-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #4
slunken
Virgo

Same thing right?

Old 04-30-2014, 09:30 PM   #5
slunken
Virgo

In drive thru now

Old 04-30-2014, 09:42 PM   #6
redbreegull

no, double cheeseburger is two patties two slices of cheese, mcdouble is two patties ONE slice of cheese, there's like a 50 cent difference here

Old 04-30-2014, 09:44 PM   #7
slunken
Virgo

Fuck tat noise

Old 04-30-2014, 09:55 PM   #8
redbreegull

double cheese used to be on the dollar menu, then they switched it so the double cheese was $1.19 and the mcdouble was on the dollar menu. In recent months I have noticed most locations have now bumped the mcdouble up to $1.19 and the double cheese up to $1.69

Old 04-30-2014, 10:36 PM   #9
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

i fucking hate how snakey they are about breakfast after midnight, some locations do it, some don't, some do it and don't have eggs i'm like FUCK YOU FOR NOT HAVING EGGS BUT GIVE ME ONE OF THOSE GODDAMN SAUSAGE MCGRIDDLES RIGHT NOW

Old 04-30-2014, 10:48 PM   #10
redbreegull

damn no mcdonalds around here does breakfast after midnight

Old 04-30-2014, 10:49 PM   #11
redbreegull

I never understood why they don't just serve breakfast all day. it tastes much better than anything else on the menu

Old 04-30-2014, 11:44 PM   #12
Trotskilicious
Banned

i love how they don't serve burgers during the morning at all

like no matter what you can't have one

what kind of weird magic

Old 05-01-2014, 01:28 AM   #13
noyen
Immortal

only thing at mcds worth going for is the mcrib. you guys need to learn to cook.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:16 PM   #14
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
Originally Posted by noyen View Post
only thing at mcds worth going for is the mcrib. you guys need to learn to cook.
does not compute.

Old 05-02-2014, 07:18 PM   #15
slunken
Virgo

all i know how to cook is breakfast food (variety of egg dishes) and indian dishes which means i eat rice everyday. like. every. day.

current favorite dish is basmati rice, garbanzo beans and sweet peas in a mango curry.

Old 05-02-2014, 08:09 PM   #16
Sonic Johnny
Through Silver In Buds

Coming from someone in a country with no mcrib and no mcgriddles it's pretty much just gimme Big Mac sauce or don't bother over here.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:14 PM   #17
Elphenor
Braindead

I worked at Mcd for a year. Pretty much the worst job ever.

And fuck anyone who orders breakfast after midnight. Every time you ask "hey, do you serve breakfast now?" and it's after midnight, guranteed someone not on the mic is throwing an epic fit.

Because it means we have take the shit back out and then clean it again just for you. So when you're like "What no eggs?" I would seriously check your food. I would never do something to someone's food (thats high level scumbaggery), but I see how it happens.

It always pissed me off how people would argue with me about the menu. Mcd does not serve burgers until at least 10am. No matter what, never ever never, it will not happen. And yet every morning some asshole would try to order one at 9:55. And I wasnt allowed to ring that up. And inevitably he'd be like "But its only 5 minutes".
So just come back in 5 minutes! Goddam.

Also, when people tried to get ice cream while the machine was cleaning....

Old 05-03-2014, 04:25 PM   #18
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
And fuck anyone who orders breakfast after midnight. Every time you ask "hey, do you serve breakfast now?" and it's after midnight, guranteed someone not on the mic is throwing an epic fit.

Because it means we have take the shit back out and then clean it again just for you. So when you're like "What no eggs?" I would seriously check your food. I would never do something to someone's food (thats high level scumbaggery), but I see how it happens.
the fuck are you talking about when the MENU says "BREAKFAST AFTER MIDNIGHT" get the fuck over it you lazy turd

i'm serious, i worked in food service for years and there are customer bullshit requests that are annoying as fuck, when your restaurant menu says something then get over it and do it. jesus.

mcdonalds employees are the only rival AT&T has to the mantle of the ultimate in substandard customer service experience so it makes sense you think you're entitled not to make things on the menu.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:27 PM   #19
Trotskilicious
Banned

the no burgers until 10 am rule is seriously retarded i dunno why you take McD's side when a customer is like "i'd like a burger at 9:57" and you're like "man this is gonna sound like super dumb but you have to wait 3 minutes before i can microwave this pre-made burger for you"

can you explain to me why McDonalds has such draconian rules of when they serve things?

also can you explain to me why McDonalds says "open 24 hours" but people shut the restaurant for a half hour plus to do paperwork (I'm awake at 4am way too much)? I worked at a gas station and you can do transactions while running reports, it takes a little effort but it's not that big a deal

Old 05-03-2014, 04:35 PM   #20
Elphenor
Braindead

Haha.
I've never not made it, or made it half-assed or anything
And yeah, you're totally entitled to it.

But jesus christ did it suck making it and that shit took forever to clean. Generally, only 1 or 2 people would order shitty mcd breakest at 1am so we wouldnt be expecting it. And theres so much bullshit we were expected to do on an overnight shift.
Everything about that job sucked, thats why the service blows.

Employees get treated like absolute shit, and so they just dont care

Old 05-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #21
Elphenor
Braindead

Also, no one on overnight is trained to make breakfast. We just had that stuff sprung on us at random. Im not saying its difficult, but it's actually pretty easy to fuck up the eggs if you don't usually do any of the breakfast menu. So we'd have to pretty much fuck it up until we got it right.

The problem really was that Mcd just decided at random to serve it after midnight without any sort of prep.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #22
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah i know. i mean AT&T is run by satan so of course the employees are not only well paid but terrible because the system is terrible. I nearly had an argument in training this week with this collection of smug, entitled people about how bad customer service is the person's fault and they're ALL complaining about AT&T and i'm like "it's the system, it's not the individual, that creates bad customer service" and they all started bitching at me and i'm like "well have fun with AT&T then, maybe you'll find the one person that's disobeying orders and not trying to sell you something before transferring you to another department"

i just don't want to hear about how hard it is to make breakfast i mean why is it such an ordeal i don't understand

i worked at 24 hour breakfast places

Old 05-03-2014, 04:49 PM   #23
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
the no burgers until 10 am rule is seriously retarded i dunno why you take McD's side when a customer is like "i'd like a burger at 9:57" and you're like "man this is gonna sound like super dumb but you have to wait 3 minutes before i can microwave this pre-made burger for you"

can you explain to me why McDonalds has such draconian rules of when they serve things?

also can you explain to me why McDonalds says "open 24 hours" but people shut the restaurant for a half hour plus to do paperwork (I'm awake at 4am way too much)? I worked at a gas station and you can do transactions while running reports, it takes a little effort but it's not that big a deal
You have to change the grills over and shit and trade out all the breakfast equipment for lunch.
And that takes 5-10 minutes to do. So they literally have to stop making things at 9:50 or so.
(So if you order breakfast at that time you get leftovers).
And on most registers it wont let you ring lunch up until 10.

So if I take your order at 9:55 Ill have to write it down and we cant even start making it for another five minutes and Itll take forever for you to get your food because everything has to be made fresh.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:50 PM   #24
slunken
Virgo

At my old restaurant job dudes would try to start putting stuff away an hour before the kitchen closed and then get all pissy when someone came in and ordered something. I would be like guys we are still open and it's not even close to closing time. It took you 30 seconds to take whatever to the walk in you aren't saving time.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #25
slunken
Virgo

That said I would never go to a restaurant within an hour of closing and expect anything that great.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:53 PM   #26
slunken
Virgo

We close in 10 minutes and you want a well done NY strip? Lol okay. Enjoy.

Old 05-03-2014, 04:56 PM   #27
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
yeah i know. i mean AT&T is run by satan so of course the employees are not only well paid but terrible because the system is terrible. I nearly had an argument in training this week with this collection of smug, entitled people about how bad customer service is the person's fault and they're ALL complaining about AT&T and i'm like "it's the system, it's not the individual, that creates bad customer service" and they all started bitching at me and i'm like "well have fun with AT&T then, maybe you'll find the one person that's disobeying orders and not trying to sell you something before transferring you to another department"

i just don't want to hear about how hard it is to make breakfast i mean why is it such an ordeal i don't understand

i worked at 24 hour breakfast places
It's not difficult, but, like, none of us were even told where everything was kept.
And most of the stuff is done by machine but you have to know the codes and procedures

Old 05-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #28
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
We close in 10 minutes and you want a well done NY strip? Lol okay. Enjoy.
Lol

Old 05-03-2014, 05:03 PM   #29
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
At my old restaurant job dudes would try to start putting stuff away an hour before the kitchen closed and then get all pissy when someone came in and ordered something. I would be like guys we are still open and it's not even close to closing time. It took you 30 seconds to take whatever to the walk in you aren't saving time.
yeah the people who get "up" on sidework like that always are in for a bad time, it's amazing

I JUST CLEANED THE SALAD BAR MAN WHAT THE FUCK

I DUNNO DICKWEED IT'S 9 PM AND I GOT 4 SALADS ORDERED

DUDE I HAVE TO LEAVE IN 15 MINUTES

Old 05-03-2014, 05:04 PM   #30
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
That said I would never go to a restaurant within an hour of closing and expect anything that great.
how about ordering pizza on a credit card 10 mins to close and expecting anything less than contempt