Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-15-2021, 03:53 PM   #1
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Default Buffy The Vampire Slayer

Next year will be the 25th Anniversary of the Buffy The Vampire Slayer tv series.

Post your favorite memories of Buffy here. Tell us how old you feel knowing that Giles in real life is almost 70 years old. Or how mad you were that the network edited out Willow and Tara's first kiss.... because of homophobia. Did you know that this is what Zander looks like now:

Old 11-15-2021, 03:56 PM   #2
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

I can't believe Sarah is still married to Freddy Prinze Jr.

Old 11-15-2021, 05:31 PM   #3
BlissedandGone2
Minion of Satan

Location: You don't play guitar hero if you are a guitar hero.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
Tell us how old you feel knowing that Giles in real life is almost 70 years old.
Giles looks great though! He's the evil ex-husband/club owner in Ted Lasso and def could pull off being a bond villain.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:09 PM   #4
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

he's a great actor. I have a hard time watching anything he's in without thinking of him as Giles, though.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:18 PM   #5
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

My wife and I are on season 3 of The Chilling Adventures of Sabrina, and this show is just fucking Buffy The Vampire Slayer now.

Old 11-15-2021, 06:19 PM   #6
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

We're just kind of hate watching it to completion because of our own sunken cost fallacies.

Old 11-15-2021, 07:35 PM   #7
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

I enjoyed Sabrina's first season, and then we watched the Christmas episode and I had this epiphany that I actually fucking hated the show. Everything bad I'd been able to overlook to that point just took center stage. Made it partway into the second season before we ditched it. God bless Sally Draper, but fuck that garbage.

Also, I'm sorry, but how do you have a character named Dorcas and nobody, not once, hears her addressed as dork-us and just bursts out laughing? See? Terrible writing.

Old 11-15-2021, 07:37 PM   #8
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Unhappy

Always meant to try Buffy, but I'm afraid Whedon's exposed grossness in the past few years ensures I will not, so I'll try to keep out of the thread.

Old 11-15-2021, 08:52 PM   #9
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Whedon created and produced the first few episodes of The Nevers on HBO. It is a steampunk alternate universe thing where suddenly one day some people get weird abilities. The show is actually pretty good.

Except it's Buffy The Vampire Slayer. Like... literally just a mash-up of that show, complete with powerful woman who kicks everyone's asses, motley band of sidekicks who don't fit in anywhere else, and a big bad that seems one step ahead of them the whole time.

But then in the last episode the show does a crazy left turn that turns it into something completely different.

Whedon was taken off the show... and the second half of the first season was produced without him... and is supposed to air next year.

Old 11-15-2021, 09:29 PM   #10
ovary
Ownz

chilling sabrina also faked me out. got a season and a half in and was like wait... this blows

Old 11-16-2021, 02:50 PM   #11
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Sabrina could have been really good. Set design and visuals were great. But the writing was just bad.

Old 11-16-2021, 04:32 PM   #12
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Season 1 of Sabrina is great, and then the writing goes down hill very abruptly for the second season, and by the third season it's just awful. I know if I don't finish it now I never will. We bailed on the show a year ago during season 2, and it's obvious why. Sabrina becomes completely unbearable and just makes the dumbest most irrational decisions, and for some reason the real hero of the show, episode after episode, is Ambrose because he pulls a book out of his ass and he hands Sabrina the deus ex machina that solves every problem every time. And it's been that way since season 2. Once goddam Caliban makes and appearance... I just felt ashamed even watching.

This man in a cheap Halloween costume is an actual character, and integral to the storyline.

Also how the fuck does Faustus get outfoxed EVERY SINGLE EPISODE BY A BUNCH OF CHILDREN. It's just unreasonable and he becomes a walking fucking punchline.

That cottage is so goddam comfy though amirite.