Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 03-18-2017, 11:35 PM   #421
buzzard
Minion of Satan

You'd just have to hope that the eventual winner does the right thing and hands his prize down to the guy that only came in at forty-second despite totally outperforming the lot of them.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:40 PM   #422
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Is there any way you could put us in touch with competitors currently ranked within the top thirty?

I'd sooner place my trust in somebody with a proven track record.
Yeah, but those guys are nerds working really hard at competing each and every day.

I realize that scoring in the top 3 is probably far fetched, and even if I DO reach number 3... I win 500 dollars... So what? I've earned more than that in the last 3 days.

Old 03-18-2017, 11:45 PM   #423
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Omega Concern View Post
I dunno 'bout that. Fuzzy's percentage has stayed ahead of the top ten for most of this run I've seen. That's what you should base your trust on, not the amounts these betters made for themselves, which feeds into the aggregate rankings. Pure win/loss %, then you bet what you're comfortable with.
You're exactly right.

But I would confirm that for the contest, I pick A LOT more games than I do when I'm wagering actual money. I realize I only have like a month left to make a serious run, so I'm betting shit-loads on that contest, and often, it's to my own detriment.

So even though TOC is right, and that my contest percentage is higher than the guys in the top 10, it would be a lot higher if I was making picks with any kind of concern that I'd be losing money if the picks submitted would lose.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:02 AM   #424
buzzard
Minion of Satan

If I would like a financial advisor to help manage the eventual proceeds of occasionally visiting a dying relative in hospital, should I go with a nerd that's worked real hard at market analysis each and every day or should I just ask the next guy I see doing an occasional fist-pump at the poker machines in my local sports bar?

Old 03-19-2017, 12:43 AM   #425
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post

I'm trying to be something of a savior to all of the poor degenerates on this website by giving them continuous winning picks... But no one want's to take me up on the offer or even acknowledge that I know what the hell I'm talking about.
maybe you should go to a sports gambling website to talk to people about sports gambling, you fucking crybaby

Old 03-19-2017, 12:44 AM   #426
Trotskilicious
Banned

WUHH WUHHH WUHHHH PEOPLE ON A SMASHING PUMPKINS FORUM DON'T VALUE MUH MUH MUH MEEEEEEEEEEEEEE WAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHH

Old 03-19-2017, 12:47 AM   #427
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

You would have to be the most negative person here

Old 03-19-2017, 12:53 AM   #428
Trotskilicious
Banned

and you're a useless alt-right baby that lurks so you can suck up to your buddies

like you are sad in this thread, do you realize that? its so desperate.

Old 03-19-2017, 12:55 AM   #429
Trotskilicious
Banned

GOLLY FUZZ YOU'RE GREAT AT THIS HAHA WOW GOSH YOU'RE SO COOL

Old 03-19-2017, 12:55 AM   #430
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
and you're a useless alt-right baby that lurks so you can suck up to your buddies

like you are sad in this thread, do you realize that? its so desperate.
I'm NOT alt right
I'm CENTER LEFT

So fuck you and you assumptions

Old 03-19-2017, 12:59 AM   #431
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
If I would like a financial advisor to help manage the eventual proceeds of occasionally visiting a dying relative in hospital, should I go with a nerd that's worked real hard at market analysis each and every day or should I just ask the next guy I see doing an occasional fist-pump at the poker machines in my local sports bar?

Only if the market analysis guy is a swing trader, moving money around in the off hours. The regular schmo's ain't no better than the vegas hustler's.

Old 03-19-2017, 01:08 AM   #432
Trotskilicious
Banned

fuzz can gamble & be good at it and have a thread about it but i have to call out when he whines about how people aren't giving him a bunch of credit & adulation for it thats all

Old 03-19-2017, 06:02 PM   #434
fuzzyroes
Banned

INDIANA +2.5!!!

Old 03-19-2017, 06:05 PM   #435
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
maybe you should go to a sports gambling website to talk to people about sports gambling, you fucking crybaby
Well, when I'm Hardcore was still here we had some awesome dialogue going on.

I politely invite you to partake in the conversation too as I'm aware that you fancy yourself as a basketball fan.

Old 03-19-2017, 06:07 PM   #436
Trotskilicious
Banned

yeah but you're not talking about basketball, you're talking about gambling. gamblers never get this aspect, you guys are not talking about sports. all you talk about are lines & fixes & odds, its a very different language

Old 03-19-2017, 07:58 PM   #437
qwerty sp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post
everyone is alt-right (whatever that is) to this very sick man

the most pitiful thing about his posts are how he projects his own desperate sadness onto others in his posts. he needs our prayers, not our derision.
He has a political obsession
He will wake up tomorrow, next week and in two months only to find that the president is still.....TRUMP

Old 03-19-2017, 08:02 PM   #438
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Poots View Post

the most pitiful thing about his posts are how he projects his own desperate sadness onto others in his posts. he needs our prayers, not our derision.
lmfao this is you dude

Old 03-19-2017, 08:09 PM   #439
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

I just don't get this, it looks like abuse

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post

Old 03-19-2017, 08:15 PM   #440
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Don't kink shame

Old 03-19-2017, 08:28 PM   #441
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
yeah but you're not talking about basketball, you're talking about gambling. gamblers never get this aspect, you guys are not talking about sports. all you talk about are lines & fixes & odds, its a very different language
Ehhh, I disagree. It's all connected and intertwined.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:31 PM   #442
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I just don't get this, it looks like abuse
Yeah for sure, but I gotta imagine that being on the receiving end of anal sex isn't very satisfactory. I figure it's more or less a "take one for the team until I can go at it next" type of dealio.

I could be wrong, but most of the women I've talked with about this are usually only down with it to please their man and would rather not partake in it.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:33 PM   #443
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Don't kink shame
I dunno if being abused or abusing someone else can be a kink, or if it's the sort of mentality/behaviour that needs to be addressed/given therapy for.

Not every sexual behaviour can be explained as a kink, surely?

Old 03-19-2017, 08:37 PM   #444
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Yeah for sure, but I gotta imagine that being on the receiving end of anal sex isn't very satisfactory. I figure it's more or less a "take one for the team until I can go at it next" type of dealio.

I could be wrong, but most of the women I've talked with about this are usually only down with it to please their man and would rather not partake in it.
Yeah most of the women I've talked to will not do it and certainly not just to please their partners.

I don't doubt that it is enjoyable for those who engage in it, but holding someone down by their head while you fuck them from behind seems like more than a kink to me. That's like an unhealthy power play move. Humans shouldn't do that to each other I don't reckon. It isn't good.

That's just my opinion. If somebody explained to me how it wasn't being used to get a kick out of pretending to abuse someone, I would be only too happy to listen.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:45 PM   #445
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
I dunno if being abused or abusing someone else can be a kink, or if it's the sort of mentality/behaviour that needs to be addressed/given therapy for.

Not every sexual behaviour can be explained as a kink, surely?
Simulated abuse (emphasis on simulated) is a fairly common kink, and there are many people who are into it.

As long as both are consenting adults who are into it and do it responsibly, I don't see what the harm is.

Someone who forcefully does that to their partner against their will on the other hand is, of course, problematic.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #446
vixnix
Socialphobic

Yeah simulating abuse is not a kink IMO, it's a mental health issue that should be addressed.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:47 PM   #447
vixnix
Socialphobic

Whereas doing it for real is illegal and a punishable offence.

Old 03-19-2017, 08:49 PM   #448
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Yeah most of the women I've talked to will not do it and certainly not just to please their partners.

I don't doubt that it is enjoyable for those who engage in it, but holding someone down by their head while you fuck them from behind seems like more than a kink to me. That's like an unhealthy power play move. Humans shouldn't do that to each other I don't reckon. It isn't good.

That's just my opinion. If somebody explained to me how it wasn't being used to get a kick out of pretending to abuse someone, I would be only too happy to listen.
Yeah I definitely agree. That's the beautiful thing about heterosexual sex, it's enjoyable (well should be ) for both parties. It's a beautiful thing. I imagine gay sex is like, oh man, having a rad time, just going at it and then you finish and then it's like "oh fuck... now it's my turn"

Old 03-19-2017, 08:55 PM   #449
fuzzyroes
Banned

lmao

I apologize if I'm not being politically correct here. But I'm friends with a handful of gay guys, and they'll all tell you that being the catcher ain't nearly as fun or fulfilling as being the pitcher. I gotta imagine that that's what sucks most about being gay

Old 03-19-2017, 09:04 PM   #450
vixnix
Socialphobic

I know that I'm very open about anal sex not being a turn on for me and so not something that I want to do, and I know I throw the term tunnel butt slut around...

BUT I do also think that anal sex must be a loving and hot sex act for the vast majority of people who do it, otherwise why would they do it? Most people aren't fucked up enough to do something that is horrible for them, just to please their partner.

I have heard that a lot of guys enjoy having a finger up their ass which is another thing I have never been prepared to do but scotty has talked before about how being penetrated in the ass is enjoyable so I don't think it's necessarily the case that anal sex is only good for one partner at a time.

One of my old flatmates took it in the ass once and I said "Did it hurt?" and he looked me in the eye very seriously and said "It hurt like fuck" but I imagine it does, the first time. One of my female friends who is into it said that the right position and taking things slowly can really help. One of my closest friends describes it as "just another hole", and another says she likes the pleasure-pain experience.

So plenty of hetero partners as well as gay partners are really enjoying it, I'm sure.

I think our perception of anal sex is heavily influenced by how it is portrayed in the media. We pretty much only see it happening on screen in rape scenes, so we form a negative association with it and see it as being a very one-sided act in the pleasure it can bring.

I'll end this novel now.