Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-01-2007, 12:21 PM   #1
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Default for the first time in my life: FUCK THIS BAND. GIVE US AN OFFICIAL FUCKING UPDATE!!!

edit: I'm glad Jimmy's ok (that hospital stuff sounded pretty scary) and I'm glad everything's sorted out now. I just think the band should have at least officially confirmed on the website that the shows wouldn't be friday and saturday as originally planned.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This handling of the cancelling of both the Texas shows is ABYSMAL. I know it's not their fault that Jimmy got sick, but they haven't given a SINGLE official fucking update about the situation. I mean as of now, the Austin venue is still saying the show is going on, even though Austin radio stations are saying otherwise, and a dallas radio-station website is reporting that the dallas show has been rescheduled, while the venue can't confirm.

Meanwhile, the SP website's latest news update is still the fucking Atlanta cancellation from the 29th. Any information we're getting is shady 2nd-hand bullshit.

WE ARE MAKING YOU RICH AND REARRANGING OUR LIVES TO GO TO YOUR CONCERTS, GIVE US AN OFFICIAL FUCKING UPDATE.

Last edited by TuralyonW3 : 11-01-2007 at 06:07 PM.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:24 PM   #2
xezton
Ownz

s a d

Old 11-01-2007, 12:25 PM   #3
Rockin' Cherub
Braindead

why are you going to this

turdlion

Old 11-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #4
skipgo
Minion of Satan

i agree with you wholeheartedly. i'm getting pretty pissed off about the situation as well.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:35 PM   #5
deadbirdie
Pledge

I find it ironic that Corgan continually bitches about our current U.S. government, yet he is turning out to be the George W. Bush of the rock world. Think about it: Numerous failures, war with other countries (i.e. ex-bandmates), foot-in-mouth syndrome, low poll numbers, and an angry constituency.

Bush + Cheney = Corgan + Chamberlin

Old 11-01-2007, 12:36 PM   #6
xezton
Ownz

Hey, when someone you love has a heart attack and goes to the hospital, please go out of your way to make sure you post it on your website kthx.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #7
skipgo
Minion of Satan

i wonder if there's someone within the band's management that we can contact regarding this issue? anyone have any ideas?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:37 PM   #8
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbirdie
I find it ironic that Corgan continually bitches about our current U.S. government, yet he is turning out to be the George W. Bush of the rock world. Think about it: Numerous failures, war with other countries (i.e. ex-bandmates), foot-in-mouth syndrome, low poll numbers, and an angry constituency.

????????

You're comparing war with other countries to kicking band members out of a rock band because they took drugs?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:38 PM   #9
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by skipgo
i wonder if there's someone within the band's management that we can contact regarding this issue? anyone have any ideas?
As of about 45 minutes ago, the manager at the backyard says she hasn't even been contacted by Pumpkins management!!!!!

Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #10
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by TuralyonW3
As of about 45 minutes ago, the manager at the backyard says she hasn't even been contacted by Pumpkins management!!!!!
Why don't you just go ahead and call up the Pumpkins management and tell us what the deal is.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:39 PM   #11
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
Originally Posted by xezton
Hey, when someone you love has a heart attack and goes to the hospital, please go out of your way to make sure you post it on your website kthx.
shut the fuck up, it was reported as a minor inllness and he was released early yesterday. time for some updates for the thousands of people being affected by this.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:40 PM   #12
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
i don't really think he had a heart attack you know.
also, they have people in management who's job it is to inform the venues and the press as to what's going on in such a situation. Someone should have made a statement by now, it doesn't have to be billy or jimmy, it could be any number of people who work for them. A simple phone call to a few venues, and to the pumpkins media militia person who keeps the site updated, it's not too much to ask considering, as Turalyon pointed out, many of us are trying to fit this into our schedules, and we're paying our hard earned cash to get there. maybe billy's forgotten what it's like to not be a rich guy who can afford to loose a few hundred bucks...

Old 11-01-2007, 12:41 PM   #13
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
shut the fuck up, it was reported as a minor inllness and he was released early yesterday. time for some updates for the thousands of people being affected by this.
It sounds like you really appreciate the band that you're so pissed off at.

Enjoy seeing a live concert of the band you hate so much.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:42 PM   #14
Gish08
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by deadbirdie

This is the dumbest post I've seen on the Internet in two months.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #15
skipgo
Minion of Satan

it's just common courtesy and respect for the people who have essentially made you the rich famous person that you are, xezton. they owe us some sort of explanation.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:43 PM   #16
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
i don't really think he had a heart attack you know.
also, they have people in management who's job it is to inform the venues and the press as to what's going on in such a situation. Someone should have made a statement by now, it doesn't have to be billy or jimmy, it could be any number of people who work for them. A simple phone call to a few venues, and to the pumpkins media militia person who keeps the site updated, it's not too much to ask considering, as Turalyon pointed out, many of us are trying to fit this into our schedules, and we're paying our hard earned cash to get there. maybe billy's forgotten what it's like to not be a rich guy who can afford to loose a few hundred bucks...
No, I understand this.

When something unexpected happens, everyone in the world isn't automatically a professional at spreading the word.

There are probably a lot of people they have to go through to get the word out of they're cancelling a show or not.

On top of that, they MIGHT STILL BE TRYING TO DECIDE IF THEY WANT TO. So no one knows for sure until they say so. Even if Jimmy was released.

So they wouldn't necessarily want to say yes or no in that situation. Because saying yes and then Jimmy changes his mind would be BAD. And saying no but later the audience finds out he was ok and willing to do it would be BAD.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:45 PM   #17
deadbirdie
Pledge

Quote:
This is the dumbest post I've seen on the Internet in two months.
I aim to please

Old 11-01-2007, 12:47 PM   #18
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
it's just common courtesy and respect for the people who have essentially made you the rich famous person that you are, xezton. they owe us some sort of explanation.
They don't "owe" us anything.

It's the exact same situation as when you go to an amusement park, and the best ride in the park breaks down while you're only 2 people away from riding it. And then they tell everyone to leave and the ride won't be open again.

You ask the people "when will it open?" and they'll tell you "I don't know". You say "what happened?" and they'll say "I don't know".

There is a reason people in the entertainment business do this.

If they say the wrong thing it will be blown out of proportion, or they might have to change their minds later.

So in the amusement park example: if they say "the ride should be fixed in 2 hours". Well if it isn't fixed in two hours, you're going to be PISSED right?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:48 PM   #19
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:
No, I understand this.

When something unexpected happens, everyone in the world isn't automatically a professional at spreading the word.

There are probably a lot of people they have to go through to get the word out of they're cancelling a show or not.

On top of that, they MIGHT STILL BE TRYING TO DECIDE IF THEY WANT TO. So no one knows for sure until they say so. Even if Jimmy was released.

So they wouldn't necessarily want to say yes or no in that situation. Because saying yes and then Jimmy changes his mind would be BAD. And saying no but later the audience finds out he was ok and willing to do it would be BAD.

Listen,
A dallas radio station is saying they've recieved word from the band's label that the dallas show is 100% NOT happening on saturday night. As of this morning, the manager of the Austin venue is saying that to her knowledge, SP is still playing there tomorrow night.

Quit sucking the bands cock and realize that they've really fucked this up from a PR standpoint.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:49 PM   #20
skipgo
Minion of Satan

well it would be one thing if the shows were next week, but these are shows that are happening tomorrow and the day after. I'm sure they pay people good money to take care of this sort of thing, and they're really dropping the ball when it comes to informing the fans. They've pissed off enough fans at this point, they don't need to make it worse. I mean, I'm trying to plan out a trip that's four hours away, I'm going with a friend who's driving another 3 hours just to get where I am, we were getting a hotel, trying to reserve it before the show. Now I don't know if it's happening or not, and I have less than 48 hours to figure it out. And this is just one person's situation, out of thousands of ticketholders. Sorry, but they need to do their JOB and let us know what's going on. It's just not cool to leave us hanging. I don't mind if the show is postponed; I'd rather jimmy didn't play and risk his health, I fully understand all of that. I just don't understand why it's been TWO DAYS, and they still can't get this shit together?

Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #21
skipgo
Minion of Satan

Quote:
They don't "owe" us anything.

It's the exact same situation as when you go to an amusement park, and the best ride in the park breaks down while you're only 2 people away from riding it. And then they tell everyone to leave and the ride won't be open again.

You ask the people "when will it open?" and they'll tell you "I don't know". You say "what happened?" and they'll say "I don't know".

There is a reason people in the entertainment business do this.

If they say the wrong thing it will be blown out of proportion, or they might have to change their minds later.

So in the amusement park example: if they say "the ride should be fixed in 2 hours". Well if it isn't fixed in two hours, you're going to be PISSED right?
terrible analogy.
they reported that a doctor said, "rest for 7 days".
ok, so there are x amount of shows in those 7 days. Let's postpone those shows. Get "this person who's job it is to handle PR" to call the venues and take care of that. Let's get pumpkins media militia to update the site to reflect the changes, let's be sure the fans know that these shows aren't happening so they don't show up at the venue when there's no show. They've been in this band for half their lives, they should be prepared for shit like this. They absolutely owe us this. I have supported them in many ways for many many years, and yeah, they owe it to me not to fuck me over by not handling business properly.

understand that I don't expect billy to do this stuff personally. I expect him to talk with management and THAT person who is delegated the task should do it. Jimmy's been out of the hospital for 24 hours, what the fuck have they been doing in the interim? I'm sure billy hasn't been by his bedside for those 24 hours, he's had time for a few meetings to sort this stuff out.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:53 PM   #22
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
Listen,
A dallas radio station is saying they've recieved word from the band's label that the dallas show is 100% NOT happening on saturday night. As of this morning, the manager of the Austin venue is saying that to her knowledge, SP is still playing there tomorrow night.

Quit sucking the bands cock and realize that they've really fucked this up from a PR standpoint.
I'm not sucking any cock, douchebag.

Did you tell the manager at Austin that you heard the band isn't playing the dallas show on the radio? What was her response?

Have you called her back since this morning?

It's your responsibility as a ticket holder to to find this out. They're not going to call every person with a ticket and personally apologize.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:54 PM   #23
the sellout
Demi-God

I'd like an update, but not because i feel that we are obligated to have one for money reasons. I'd really like to know for Jimmy's sake.

I hope he's all right

Old 11-01-2007, 12:56 PM   #24
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:

Did you tell the manager at Austin that you heard the band isn't playing the dallas show on the radio? What was her response?

It's your responsibility as a ticket holder to to find this out. They're not going to call every person with a ticket and personally apologize.
You really are an idiot.

The backyard manager had no fucking clue that they'd cancelled the dallas show. Again, lack of communication.

My call to her was about and hour ago and she had no fucking clue what was up.

The BAND should be giving us updates on their OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

Old 11-01-2007, 12:57 PM   #25
PkPhuoko
Minion of Satan

Per KDGE

Dallas Postponed till 18th

Old 11-01-2007, 12:59 PM   #26
yobecaps
Amish Rake Fighter

Quote:

You expect every ticket holder to have to call the venues, ticketmaster, radio stations, etc? Really?

Nobody is asking for a phone call, or a personal apology. Nobody even really needs to know if/when shows will be rescheduled. People just want to know if they are going to a concert this weekend or not.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #27
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

this band is so completely worthless and out of touch. pathetic. even MCR did better than this when they got food poisoning.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:00 PM   #28
xezton
Ownz

Quote:
You really are an idiot.

The backyard manager had no fucking clue that they'd cancelled the dallas show. Again, lack of communication.

My call to her was about and hour ago and she had no fucking clue what was up.

The BAND should be giving us updates on their OFFICIAL WEBSITE.

God ok. I'm an "idiot". They should do that, yes. I agree. I'm just saying, not everything works out the way it should and you will NEVER know why until it's already happened.

Well, like I said, enjoy watching the live show (or not) of the band you love to hate. I hope you have a lot of fun there. Or not.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:01 PM   #29
monkeyfritters
Minion of Satan

eat a dick xezton.

Old 11-01-2007, 01:04 PM   #30
TuralyonW3
Immortal

Quote:

Well, like I said, enjoy watching the live show (or not) of the band you love to hate. I hope you have a lot of fun there. Or not.
THAT'S THE WHOLE FUCKING POINT, I'D LIKE TO NO WHETHER I'M GOING TO BE ABLE TO WATCH THEM OR NOT, YOU FUCKING TWIT.