Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 05-09-2018, 02:35 AM   #1
T&T
Socialphobic

Default nightmares about my cat.

I love my kitty, he's totally the best cat in the world. he's 8, but he's still 100% a kitten all the time. can't get or give enough love. love him like a catson.

just now in my dream I came home to delicious smells of my gf cooking a meal and it had involved removing meat from my cat. He was still alive and walking around, but in the dream I knew parts of his lower half had been removed. She said she needed more meat and that I should take some off his hind. So with a knife I stabbed him in the back and he flinched like I pinched him. in the dream I knew he was going to die because she had removed his digestive system and was just running on stored energy... so I might as well just off him before he starts suffering. I just sobbed at the thought of having to kill him. Even awake I'm still saddened by it three hours later. it was kind of like that simpsons horror episode where homer was eating himself to death.

might be related to a close friend having an abortion this last weekend.
I got work in four hours.
maybe I should save this for my therapist.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:02 AM   #2
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

do you feel like your s/o is demanding of you?

Old 05-09-2018, 04:03 AM   #3
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

that's a fucked up harrowing dream...

Old 05-09-2018, 05:46 AM   #4
T&T
Socialphobic

managed to get another wink in.
but this time it was a grizzly bear at my back door
first just sniffing at the door.
but then I realize the doorknob is missing. is the door latched? I dunno. If he tries to push it open, will it just swing wide. If he starts pounding on it... I'm done. Do I have enough time to get the cats and get out the front door?

yesterdays Domino's pizza must not be sitting well.

Old 05-09-2018, 06:25 AM   #5
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

pics

now

Old 05-09-2018, 06:58 AM   #6
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

that's rough, son.

i dreamed i was at a cantina when my big boy leon showed up outside. suddenly a gun fight broke out and a bullet was flying his way. i was laying belly-down on the side of the dirt road and yelled LEON, NOO! but i yelled it in real life and woke myself up. :[

PM me if u need to chat.

Old 05-09-2018, 01:50 PM   #7
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

We lost our Persian on New Years' Day in the wee hours. Got home to find him unable to use his back legs out of nowhere. Had a bad heart and nervous disposition for his whole life, apparently developed a blood clot, saddle thrombosis. Took him to the vet and they said there was no other choice.

His name was Percy and he was eight. Still miss him, terribly.

Please pet your kitty for me.

Old 05-09-2018, 03:13 PM   #8
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
I love my kitty, he's totally the best cat in the world. he's 8, but he's still 100% a kitten all the time. can't get or give enough love. love him like a catson.

just now in my dream I came home to delicious smells of my gf cooking a meal and it had involved removing meat from my cat. He was still alive and walking around, but in the dream I knew parts of his lower half had been removed. She said she needed more meat and that I should take some off his hind. So with a knife I stabbed him in the back and he flinched like I pinched him. in the dream I knew he was going to die because she had removed his digestive system and was just running on stored energy... so I might as well just off him before he starts suffering. I just sobbed at the thought of having to kill him. Even awake I'm still saddened by it three hours later. it was kind of like that simpsons horror episode where homer was eating himself to death.

might be related to a close friend having an abortion this last weekend.
I got work in four hours.
maybe I should save this for my therapist.
holy shit man, this is really upsetting. I have a dog but I am familiar with fucked up anxiety pet dreams. honestly this is the kind of shit where it would ruin my entire day

8 is not that old for a cat especially if he's still acting like a kitten. give your catson a pet for me. pets are the best fucking thing in the world

Old 05-09-2018, 03:14 PM   #9
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadaloo View Post
We lost our Persian on New Years' Day in the wee hours. Got home to find him unable to use his back legs out of nowhere. Had a bad heart and nervous disposition for his whole life, apparently developed a blood clot, saddle thrombosis. Took him to the vet and they said there was no other choice.

His name was Percy and he was eight. Still miss him, terribly.

Please pet your kitty for me.
fuck this thread is fucking me up. so sorry about your kitty shadaloo.

Old 05-09-2018, 04:22 PM   #10
Shadaloo
Apocalyptic Poster

Just, you know, dreams are weird. I figured I'd share, not out of "hey, be glad your cat's still alive" but...I dunno, life's short and you never know what's around the corner.

As horrible and awful as the dream is, the fact that you're having it and your reaction to it really shows how much you love him. My girlfriend and I foster a few cats every year so I hear all these awful stories about pets being abandoned.

I've never understood the fucking mindset of keeping a pet as an accessory that can just be disposed of. Garbage human beings.

Anyway. On a positive note his passing meant we adopted our foster at the time. Her name is Cybele. She's a grey, formerly feral calico who had kittens way too young. She's gotten used to us but still won't let us pet her. Waits for cat treats by the kitchen door now though. Has adopted a toy duck.

Our other cat is Nims. Big fat black Persian. He too came from the streets but feral is not the word to describe him. More like 'hapless'. Also very kittenlike. He was found in a friend's backyard and couldn't find his way back out again. Was not doing well at the time. Has cat herpes which means his eyes are perpetually watery and his ears gunky. That aside he's full of so much love it's oppressive. Not terribly intelligent. GF came home to find him sitting in the toilet ass-deep in water one day looking confused. Eats all the things. Can't quite meow, makes 'merp' noises. He's getting better at it very slowly over time though.

We took in a third a few day ago. Her name is Aoife, pronouced like 'Eve'. Another calico. Still hiding, doesn't like to be picked up, but purrs when pet.

Old 05-11-2018, 01:55 PM   #11
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

sorry for your 8 year old kitty shadaloo but glad you have some other furry friends. i had an old cream colored persian who was the first cat i considered "mine" (grew up with a ton of cats) who i had to put down in 2007 and i still think about her a lot

my kitty is 7, she doesn't have herpes but she has keratoconjuctivitis which means low tear production = gunky eyes. i used genteal drops with her, it helps a lot, but again her problem is low moisture production (which somehow causes mucus production, i don't quite understand how). so i understand the eye gooks. i also use some cat/dog eye wipes that work really well. the cat ones cost $1 more and are the exact same thing so i use the dog ones. but most eye wipes are to get rid of the tear stain/discoloration which i dont give a fuck about.

Old 05-11-2018, 02:04 PM   #12
yo soy el mejor

cat season is gearing up.

the other day i came home to find a sleek little black guy perched on our bedroom window sill so i opened the window. i called my three kitties to come investigate and there was some hissing and lots of sniffing. he was rubbing all over the screen to have me pet him.

later he was chillin' on our bathroom window sill and we saw him again this morning. i think he is the tiny kitten we saw a while back our neighbor started feeding; he lives outside, though. another orange collared kitty also came to the bathroom window sill (which is visible from the bedroom window) and just sat and stared at our kitties who sat and stared at him.

some other l'il mama has been spotted but hasn't made her way to our windows yet.

Old 05-11-2018, 03:13 PM   #13
FoolofaTook

yeah i met this cat by the river that went rub-crazy.

then later i met a little dog who followed me for miles. just like the other day. bosnia has some decent animals. not sure about the serbs tho.