Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

View Poll Results: What will the Super Bowl game be?
Cardinals/Steelers 6 31.58%
Cardinals/Ravens 2 10.53%
Steelers/Eagles 9 47.37%
Ravens/Eagles 2 10.53%
Voters: 19. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-24-2008, 11:23 AM   #151
hnibos
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToEachesOwn View Post
Congratulations if there are any Detroit Lions fans on here. Matt Millen's reign of terror is over. He was axed today.
I'd say about 3 or 4 years overdue.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:17 PM   #152
ToEachesOwn
Serial Dater

Location: 50 lbs of peaches equals a bushel. 185 lbs of Eaches equals sexy.

Yea... yea... Eagles lost... Redskins beat the Cowboys... somehow the Chiefs won... but this is such a shame. I heard about the incident when it happened, but I didn't think it was serious because there weren't a lot of facts about it:

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slu...v=ap&type=lgns

Doctors: Shot Jacksonville lineman is paralyzed

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. (AP)—Jacksonville Jaguars offensive tackle Richard Collier, shot while sitting in a car outside an apartment complex earlier this month, is paralyzed below the waist and his left leg was amputated, his doctor said Monday.

Collier was on a ventilator for about three weeks and has no memory of the shooting, said Dr. Andy Kerwin, a surgeon for the University of Florida at Shands Jacksonville hospital.

“His overall condition has improved greatly,” Kerwin said. “We expect him to be discharged soon.”

Kerwin said Collier suffered 14 bullet wounds to the back, left groin, left legs and right buttock. In addition, a bullet severed his spinal cord, causing the paralysis. The amputation was the result of damage to his left leg and groin, where blood clots formed. Five bullets alone were removed from his urinary bladder and the 26-year-old player also had bouts of pneumonia, infections and renal failure.

Still, his condition has been upgraded to good from critical.

Collier will undergo physical therapy to learn how to move from his bed to a wheelchair. He will never walk again, the doctor said.

Collier’s agent Jeff Jankovich said the player’s family wanted to make sure Collier understood what had happened to him before releasing details to the public. He said they even kept the Jaguars in the dark.

“He has extreme grief for a lifetime of dreams he won’t be able to fulfill,” the agent said.

Jankovich refused to say specifically when Collier would be released, citing security concerns.

Collier and former teammate Kenneth Pettway were waiting for two women outside an apartment complex early Sept. 2 when a gunman fired into the vehicle, according to the Jacksonville Sheriff’s Office. Pettway was not injured.

The motive behind the attack on Collier is unknown, but investigators said earlier he appeared to be targeted. Police have made no arrests in the shooting.

Jaguars coach Jack Del Rio and several players attended the news conference.

“It’s a tragedy this young man was caught up in this violence,” Del Rio said. “It’s a great tragedy for a young man who had such a promising future.”

Offensive tackle Tony Pashos said the attack on Collier has been difficult for his teammates. “I think about him a lot,” he said.

Collier was in his third year with the NFL after graduating from Valdosta State.

He was the third NFL player shot in the past 18 months. Washington Redskins star Sean Taylor was fatally shot during what police said was a botched burglary attempt at his Miami-area home in November. Broncos cornerback Darrent Williams was killed when his rented limousine was sprayed with bullets minutes after leaving a New Year’s party at a club in 2007.

Old 09-29-2008, 08:18 PM   #153
Travis Meeks
Rambling on

Pre-Game Coin Toss Makes Jacksonville Jaguars Realize Randomness Of Life

Old 09-30-2008, 12:20 AM   #154
flavin
Ownz

so good!

Old 10-05-2008, 04:04 PM   #155
MeAndMyLlama

apologies to any texans fan who had to watch that collapse

Old 10-05-2008, 05:35 PM   #156
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

I have a feeling it's going to be a loooooong season for Eagles' fans. Ugh.

Old 10-05-2008, 05:51 PM   #157
Banana
Banned

Annnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnd this sucks

Old 10-05-2008, 11:32 PM   #158
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

The Lions will go winless this season.

Old 10-06-2008, 01:47 AM   #159
TuralyonW3
Immortal

go titans 5-0

Old 10-06-2008, 02:13 AM   #160
redbull
Immortal

bears

Old 10-06-2008, 11:20 AM   #161
Tchocky
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post
bears
http://kropp.poetshome.com/wp-conten...ds/dabears.jpg

Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 AM   #162
Caine Walker
Braindead

orton was on fiiiiire yesterday. yes it was the lions, but damn he really threw some pretty deadeye passes.

williams looked like an absolutely crybaby out there, too.

Old 10-06-2008, 02:34 PM   #163
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

the reason the Eagles lost yesterday was because i had to work and i missed the game

i HATE missing Eagles games, there are so few of them and there are only so many chances to see this team play

btw in 2003 we were 2-3 too and then what happened...

except the NFC East wasn't this great back then

Old 10-06-2008, 05:38 PM   #164
jm9843
Ownz

Default Redskins: 23 - Eagles: 17

Clinton Portis, all day long bitches.

http://bp2.blogger.com/_HbNgPfCj-LE/...20/Clinton.jpg

Old 10-06-2008, 05:45 PM   #165
Andy /

Quote:
Originally Posted by samuel redman View Post
the reason the Eagles lost yesterday was because i had to work and i missed the game
well that's good to know. I thought it was because they coughed up a 14-0 first quarter lead, so it's nice to hear that it wasn't anything they did.

Old 10-06-2008, 06:09 PM   #166
Nimrod's Son
Master of Karate and Friendship

Quote:
i think they lost because the media and ESPN are underrating the fact that they have the best defense in the NFL
Quote:

they lost. again.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:32 PM   #167
ToEachesOwn
Serial Dater

Location: 50 lbs of peaches equals a bushel. 185 lbs of Eaches equals sexy.

Quote:

i HATE missing Eagles games, there are so few of them and there are only so many chances to see this team play

except the NFC East wasn't this great back then
If I remember correctly, Westbrook sparked them out of that funk against the Giants. Sadly, right now his ribs may not allow for that.

As much as I want to believe in the Eagles this year, something just isn't clicking. It was just on offense, but then the D let Clinton Portis run all over them. Bottom line is that the D needs to start forcing turnovers and McNabb needs to move the ball down the field better... well, Andy Reid actually needs to call a better game. They were so efficient on the first drive and then they just couldn't move the ball.

Also, take David Akers out into the pasture and shoot him. I've always been a big fan, but he's been the second least accurate kicker over the last three years.

Where the hell is Banana for some good Eagles vibes?? I need a pick-me-up!

Old 10-06-2008, 08:50 PM   #168
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ToEachesOwn View Post
If I remember correctly, Westbrook sparked them out of that funk against the Giants. Sadly, right now his ribs may not allow for that.

As much as I want to believe in the Eagles this year, something just isn't clicking. It was just on offense, but then the D let Clinton Portis run all over them. Bottom line is that the D needs to start forcing turnovers and McNabb needs to move the ball down the field better... well, Andy Reid actually needs to call a better game. They were so efficient on the first drive and then they just couldn't move the ball.

Also, take David Akers out into the pasture and shoot him. I've always been a big fan, but he's been the second least accurate kicker over the last three years.

Where the hell is Banana for some good Eagles vibes?? I need a pick-me-up!
Besides the Washington game the defense was producing turnovers just fine. It goes back to what Sheldon Brown said last year. They can get more turnovers but that means nothing if the offense does nothing with it. Our redzone offense was pathetic last year and they really did nothing at all to fix that this season. They were banking on a healthy LJ Smith being able to magically fix the redzone offense. They also went out and got Booker and unsurprisingly it seems like he will amount to nothing during his time here.

And Andy Reid is a huge problem, his play calling has been terrible, something that has been consistent throughout his career. I've always given him the benefit of the doubt due to what he was able to do with this team in the earlier half of this decade, as well as the surprising run we made in 06. It's still very early in the season and the 3 games we've lost have all been close where we had chances to win but just couldn't do it. If the NFC East wasn't as good as it is and the schedules for all the NFC East teams as easy as they are, I would have more hope for a turnaround, but with the latest Westbrook injury it seems unlikely.

Also with Akers, he just has not been the same kicker since they got rid of Koy. He was a great kicker with him, they got rid of him and he went to shit. They signed him for the playoffs and he instantly got good again, then once koy was gone again he went back to being a very inconsistent kicker.

They are such a frustrating team to be a fan of, because you know they are capable of doing better then they are. We've had a chance to win every game we've lost in the 4th quarter this year but haven't been able to do so due to poor coaching, mental mistakes, and what appears to just be an overall lack of energy on both sides of the ball.

Hopefully they will be able to escape from San Francisco with a win and come out of the bye week after that a focused team. The season isn't over yet but they need to get their shit together and put together a decent sized winning streak.

Old 10-06-2008, 08:55 PM   #169
Nimrod's Son

Quote:
Originally Posted by Banana View Post
Besides the Washington game the defense was producing turnovers just fine. It goes back to what Sheldon Brown said last year. They can get more turnovers but that means nothing if the offense does nothing with it. Our redzone offense was pathetic last year and they really did nothing at all to fix that this season. They were banking on a healthy LJ Smith being able to magically fix the redzone offense. They also went out and got Booker and unsurprisingly it seems like he will amount to nothing during his time here.
i thought you said their defense was being ignored by the media because the media were idiots and that the cowboys and eagles were the best teams in the nfl

unless perhaps i am completely mistaken

Old 10-06-2008, 08:58 PM   #170
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nimrod's Son View Post
i thought you said their defense was being ignored by the media because the media were idiots and that the cowboys and eagles were the best teams in the nfl

unless perhaps i am completely mistaken
Can't say I ever said that the defense was being ignored by the media.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:01 PM   #171
Nimrod's Son

Talking

Quote:
Our defense has the chance to be great this season and I feel it will definitely be the strength of our team and cause us to be a very difficult team to beat. Our dline, although small, is very fast and can get penetration. Our linebackers are big and fast. For once our linebackers aren't a weakness on our defense. They aren't known on the national level because they all are very young, but they've shown they can play. And of course we have what can be the best secondary in the league.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:04 PM   #172
Banana
Banned

Ok and you proved nothing.

I talked about our young linebackers not being known on a national level. I never said those in the media were idiots for this. And so far our linebackers have played pretty well. They've certainly struggled in coverage against tight ends, but that seems to just be a large issue for our defense as a whole this season.

Old 10-06-2008, 09:06 PM   #173
Nimrod's Son

Still think the Iggles and 'Boys are the class of the NFL?

Old 10-06-2008, 09:07 PM   #174
Banana
Banned

Clearly not, but it's only week 5 and I don't think there is a clear cut top team in the league. I'd say the 3 best right now are those that have the top 3 records in the NFC East. This is just a really strange NFL season.

Old 10-06-2008, 10:44 PM   #175
samuel redman
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: You're 22 why aren't you free?You're 22 why aren't you free? you're mom and daddy's victory

Yeah I really think this team is the definition of underachievers. It's just so damn frustrating. I've been a huge fan of Andy Reid, mainly because the man is as solid as they come on draft day. I think he's lost touch with something though. Maybe this team just wasn't that great all these years and a weak NFC East was the reason we looked so great. I don't know.

Old 10-06-2008, 11:29 PM   #176
Banana
Banned

Damn, Reggie Bush just returned his 2nd punt return touchdown of the game to give the game lead to the Saints.

Old 10-07-2008, 12:31 AM   #177
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Come on Eagles fans, after 10 years of watching Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb at the helm, you ought to know what you're gonna get with this team by now! Seriously, after all the years of comin' up short with this current regime, what seems clear to me is that Reid and McNabb are just not clutch performers. They've always had a tendency of lookin' great in the games they are expected to win (Rams, Lions, etc.), and even in big games against top competition they can look great in the first half, but in the second half and especially late in the 4th quarter trailing, Donovan cannot make the plays to win the game and Reid can't call 'em.

I must say, watchin' how the Eagles have lost in the past two games has had me laughing my ass off, mainly because the Phillies are doin' so well and I couldn't care less about the Eagles right now. It's much easier to listen to Andy explain how it's his fault and he's got to have a better game plan and Donovan complain about how he thinks this team is so much better than their record when I've still got a baseball team to cheer for.

GO PHILLIES!

Old 10-07-2008, 12:44 AM   #178
Banana
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero View Post
I must say, watchin' how the Eagles have lost in the past two games has had me laughing my ass off, mainly because the Phillies are doin' so well and I couldn't care less about the Eagles right now. It's much easier to listen to Andy explain how it's his fault and he's got to have a better game plan and Donovan complain about how he thinks this team is so much better than their record when I've still got a baseball team to cheer for.

GO PHILLIES!
Spoken like a true fairweather fan.

Old 10-07-2008, 08:41 AM   #179
pale blue eyes
NOPE.

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chuck=Zero View Post
Come on Eagles fans, after 10 years of watching Andy Reid and Donovan McNabb at the helm, you ought to know what you're gonna get with this team by now! Seriously, after all the years of comin' up short with this current regime, what seems clear to me is that Reid and McNabb are just not clutch performers. They've always had a tendency of lookin' great in the games they are expected to win (Rams, Lions, etc.), and even in big games against top competition they can look great in the first half, but in the second half and especially late in the 4th quarter trailing, Donovan cannot make the plays to win the game and Reid can't call 'em.

GO PHILLIES!
Blaming Reid and McNabb on everything is a cheap argument. We've lost some close games to some really good teams and it just doesn't come down to that. Neither are perfect but the bottom line is we have just made mistakes (whether it be poor clock management, our defense giving up a long play, making David Akers attempt a really long field goal instead of punting and backing the other team up, etc.) and with the NFC East being so good, and those other teams playing so well, the mistakes have really cost us. You can't put our wins and losses squarely on the shoulders of two guys. That's just ridiculous. It's a team that is failing. Those two can't work miracles.

Old 10-07-2008, 04:30 PM   #180
Chuck=Zero
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Spoken like a true fairweather fan.
Or maybe I'm just being realistic. Hey, the Eagles are and always have been the only football team I care about, and while I don't approve of booing hometown players, I don't think it's outta line to be realistic and state what I think is obvious; that being that they're just not as good as the organization would have you believe. Of course I wanted to see 'em score touchdowns on the last drives of the past two weeks, but as I expected, they found a way to screw things up as we've all witnessed so many times now.

While I'll admit that maybe screw-ups in past years can be blamed on the team as a whole, I really feel that Reid and McNabb are responsible for the losses so far this year. Whether it's a fumbled hand-off in the Dallas game, or poor play-calling in the last minutes of the Bears and Redskins games, those two bare the brunt of the responsibility for those failures.

Ya gotta be delusional right now to believe that this team is a playoff team, nevermind a Super Bowl caliber team. Before Sunday's game, we knew the Giants and Cowboys were better than us, and apparently now, so are the Redskins. Sorry guys, last time I checked four teams from one division cannot all make the playoffs.