Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2017, 11:20 PM   #31
slunken
Virgo

Old 07-15-2017, 11:23 PM   #32
fuzzyroes
Banned

Still not really sure why that Dr Phil video went as viral as it did.

I live in the suberbs in British Columbia Canada and low IQ white guys and girls still regularly talk and dress like they're gangster and from Compton... Maybe not as much as they did in 2001... But it's still not an oddity.

There's a ton of people who act just like that girl in the video out here and if I came across one I wouldn't even bat an eyelash.

Old 07-16-2017, 01:48 AM   #33
slunken
Virgo

Old 07-16-2017, 08:40 AM   #34
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Ideal life would be my life now but with exponential wealth increases also I become a cyborg.

Old 07-16-2017, 10:49 AM   #35
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

https://www.1stdibs.com/blogs/the-st...-Leibovitz.jpg

Old 07-16-2017, 10:52 AM   #36
run2pee
Minion of Satan

"I was too scared to break away from the Beatles, which I'd been looking to do since we stopped touring. And so I was sort of vaguely looking for somewhere to go but didn't have the nerve to really step out into the boat myself, so I sort of hung around, and when I met Yoko and fell in love, my God, this is different than anything before. This is more than a hit record. It's more than gold. It's more than everything...When I met Yoko is when you meet your first woman, and you leave the guys at the bar, and you don't go play football anymore. Once I found the woman, the boys became of no interest whatsoever, other than they were like old school friends." - John Lennon

"I've always thought there was this underlying thing in Paul's 'Get Back.' When we were in the studio recording it, every time he sang the line 'Get back to where you once belonged," he'd look at Yoko." - John Lennon

"In 'Lucy in the Sky With Diamonds' I was visualizing Alice in Wonderland, an image of this female who would come and save me - a girl with kaleidoscope eyes who would be the real love of my life. Lucy turned out to be Yoko." - John Lennon

"With us it's a teacher - pupil relationship. That's what people don't understand. She's the teacher and I'm the pupil. I'm the famous one. I'm supposed to know everything. But she taught me everything I fucking know." - John Lennon

"We've broken down a few barriers between us, which we had to do because we had two big egos, two individual artists - and with love we overcame that." - John Lennon

"Before Yoko and I met, we were half a person. You know there's an old myth about people being half and the other half being in the sky, or in heaven or on the other side of the universe or a mirror image. But we are two halves, and together we're a whole." - John Lennon

"We're all in a bag, you know?...I was in a pop bag, going round and round, in my own little clique. And she [Yoko] was in her own little avant-guarde clique, going round and round...So we just came up with the word. If you'd ask us what bagism is, we'd say, 'We're all in a bag, baby." - John Lennon

"We haven't been apart for more than one hour in two years. Everything we do is together, and that's what gives us our strength." - John Lennon

"Yoko was the only one who didn't put me down through that period, because a) she knew I was suffering, and b) she said, 'You didn't kill anyone. You didn't abuse anyone.' And I thought, Okay, okay, she doesn't mind it, so I'm not going to give a damn whether the reporter likes it or not." - John Lennon

"The worst was being separated from Yoko and realizing that I literally could not survive without her." - John Lennon

"We were separated for eighteen months. The Beatles didn't get back together again, did they? So it was not Yoko who kept them apart." - John Lennon

"When [Yoko and I] got back together, we decided that this is our life. That having a baby was important to us, and that everything else was subsidiary to that, and therefore everything else had to be abandoned. I mean, abandonment gave us the fulfillment we were looking for and the space to breathe." - John Lennon

"Why don't people believe us when we say we're simply in love?" - John Lennon

"When I was cleaning the cat shit and feeding Sean, she [Yoko] was sitting in rooms full of smoke with men in three-piece suits that they couldn't button." - John Lennon

"We are both sensitive people and we were hurt a lot by it. I mean, we couldn't understand it. When you're in love, when somebody says something like, 'How can you be with that woman?' you say, 'What do you mean? I am with this goddess of love, the fulfillment of my whole life. Why are you saying this? Why do you want to throw a rock at her or punish me for being in love with her?' Our love helped us survive it, but some of it was pretty violent. There were a few times when we nearly went under, but we managed to survive it and here we are. [Looks upward] Thank you, thank you, thank you." - John Lennon

"You can't cheat kids. If you cheat them when they're children they'll make you pay when they're sixteen or seventeen by revolting against you or hating you or all those so-called teenage problems. I think that's finally when they're old enough to stand up to you and say, 'What a hypocrite you've been all this time. You've never given me what I really wanted, which is you." - John Lennon

"The joy is still there when I see Sean. He didn't come out of my belly, but my God, I've made his bones, because I've attended to every meal, and how he sleeps, and the fact that he swims like a fish because I took him to the ocean. I'm so proud of all his things. But he is my biggest pride." - John Lennon

"The pressures of being a parent are equal to any pressure on earth. To be a conscious parent, and really look to that little being's mental and physical health is a responsibility which most of us, including me, avoid most of the time, because it's too hard...To put it loosely, the reason why kids are crazy is because nobody can face the responsibility of bringing them up..." - John Lennon

"If [Sean] doesn't see me a few days or if I'm really, really busy, and I just sort of get a glimpse of him, or if I'm feeling depressed without him even seeing me, he sort of picks up on it. And he starts getting that way. So I can no longer afford to have artistic depressions. If I start wallowing in a depression, he'll start coming down with stuff, so I'm sort of obligated to keep up. And sometimes I can't, because something will make me depressed and sure as hell he'll get a cold or trap his finger in a door or something, and so now I have sort of more reason to stay healthy or bright..." - John Lennon

"I've been baking bread and looking after the baby... Everyone else who has asked me that question over the last few years says. 'But what else have you been doing?' To which I say, 'Are you kidding?' Because bread and babies, as every housewife knows, is a full-time job. After I made the loaves [of bread,] I felt like I had conquered something. But as I watched the bread being eaten, I thought, Well, Jesus, don't I get a gold record or knighted or nothing?" - John Lennon

(Location: Super Gonorrhea!)

Old 07-16-2017, 11:59 AM   #37
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i'm still unsure whether John & Yoko's love is the kind that makes me yearn for an emotion that all-consuming in my life, or if it's the kind i would never, EVER want to have.

either way it's hard not to resent them for being just so fucking annoying my god

Old 07-16-2017, 12:56 PM   #38
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

shut up what do you know

Old 07-16-2017, 01:33 PM   #39
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

John and Yoko were bullshit. This is what I want

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...he-beatles.jpg

Old 07-16-2017, 03:23 PM   #40
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 07-16-2017, 10:19 PM   #41
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

what's your point shallowed

Old 07-16-2017, 10:31 PM   #42
Shallowed
Braindead

Just put me on a heroin drip for the rest of my life

Old 07-16-2017, 11:00 PM   #43
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...he-beatles.jpg
Nah man it's all about:

https://cbskearth101.files.wordpress...0&h=360&crop=1

My goodness was she ever gorgeous (let's forget the fact that she would later leave him for Eric Clapton lol)

Old 07-17-2017, 12:47 AM   #44
vixnix
Socialphobic

Quote:

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...ead-recipe.jpg

Old 07-17-2017, 01:18 AM   #45
redbreegull

John Lennon was an infamous woman beater. Fuck him.

Old 07-17-2017, 03:08 AM   #46
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Quote:
i guess John was the teacher then, after all.
beating children was very socially acceptable in the 1960s.

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Lennon View Post
"With us it's a teacher - pupil relationship. That's what people don't understand. She's the teacher and I'm the pupil. - John Lennon

Old 07-17-2017, 10:42 AM   #47
vixnix
Socialphobic

I just like the photo. He's naked and vulnerable and still trying to protect her somehow. It's a nice image. I like it. It represents a kind of love I always wanted to find. I don't think it really exists. This is just an image, like a painting. A fantasy.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:44 AM   #48
vixnix
Socialphobic

Paul seemed like the kind of guy who would come over to hang out and leave at 5:00pm on the dot to be polite, so as not to interrupt your dinner plans. Nice guy.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:47 AM   #49
vixnix
Socialphobic

I prefer the kind of guy who overstays his welcome and gets wrecked on cheap vodka and doesn't think about how he's wrecking your other plans or how he has to go to work the next day, until 2:00am.

A total mess of brokenness and chaos like me, ready to forget his shitty life at any opportunity.

Old 07-17-2017, 10:48 AM   #50
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

I think Lennon really changed in his later years. Obviously I'm not saying we should forgive his woman beating, but people do change and if we all got judged by the worst thing we've ever done we would all be pieces of shit.

Old 07-17-2017, 12:29 PM   #51
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I prefer the kind of guy who overstays his welcome and gets wrecked on cheap vodka and doesn't think about how he's wrecking your other plans or how he has to go to work the next day, until 2:00am.

A total mess of brokenness and chaos like me, ready to forget his shitty life at any opportunity.
OCTOBEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Old 07-17-2017, 12:31 PM   #52
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Angry

Quote:
shut up what do you know
also, come fight me bro

Old 07-17-2017, 01:26 PM   #53
redbreegull

Quote:
I just like the photo. He's naked and vulnerable and still trying to protect her somehow. It's a nice image. I like it. It represents a kind of love I always wanted to find. I don't think it really exists. This is just an image, like a painting. A fantasy.
Quote:

I actually feel that I had a relationship which is well-represented by that image; the story of two deeply broken, hurt individuals grasping onto each other as tight as possible as the miserable world spins on around them, trying to wrench them apart... but it turns out that kind of crazy love is, well... crazy. And a commonality of weaknesses is not a safe foundation for a healthy relationship

actually I don't think that's really what the image is supposed to be representing, but for some reason the pose they are in makes me think of my relationship with this woman

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I think Lennon really changed in his later years. Obviously I'm not saying we should forgive his woman beating, but people do change and if we all got judged by the worst thing we've ever done we would all be pieces of shit.
yeah, you're right. He did change and he spoke openly about how ashamed of his past self he was, which is really the best anyone can do I guess. Still, it kind of drives me nuts when people romanticize him as this Gandhi-like figure, because he was actually a pretty complex human who was not a nice person for a lot of his life.

Paul is still way better. And George had the best solo career.

Old 07-17-2017, 02:56 PM   #54
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
I want to be Bill Clinton hiding in the bushes

https://scontent-iad3-1.xx.fbcdn.net...a4&oe=59C57F57

The only thing in the shadows between these two families has been their decades long collusion of criminality on the American people.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com...bbaa0eea85.jpg

Old 07-17-2017, 02:59 PM   #55
The Omega Concern
Banned

https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/i...noJUapBH22cQ8Q

Old 07-17-2017, 04:00 PM   #56
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
http://www.theonion.com/article/man-...ople-joh-53190

Old 07-17-2017, 04:08 PM   #57
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Nah man it's all about:

https://cbskearth101.files.wordpress...0&h=360&crop=1

My goodness was she ever gorgeous (let's forget the fact that she would later leave him for Eric Clapton lol)
you're very strange

john/yoko and paul/linda were together literally until death while patty boyd, famous for having aesthetically pleasing facial bone structure, fucked around behind george's back for years with a racist junkie.

Old 07-17-2017, 05:22 PM   #58
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Quote:
yeah, you're right. He did change and he spoke openly about how ashamed of his past self he was, which is really the best anyone can do I guess. Still, it kind of drives me nuts when people romanticize him as this Gandhi-like figure, because he was actually a pretty complex human who was not a nice person for a lot of his life.
Shhh, guys, don't tell him about Ghandi...

Old 07-17-2017, 07:53 PM   #59
slunken
Virgo

Quote:
I And George had the best solo career.
Yea George is the better Beatle IMO. Also for more unpopular opinions, Graham Nash is the best Crosby, Stills, Nash member.

Old 07-17-2017, 08:26 PM   #60
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Shhh, guys, don't tell him about Ghandi...
oh please elaborate