Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 02-10-2020, 11:56 AM   #1
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate
Talking living in america

Hey! I feel good!

Old 02-10-2020, 11:57 AM   #2
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Old 02-10-2020, 05:21 PM   #3
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Great place for purchasing things, definitely.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:22 PM   #4
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Though I suppose it must give you pause that an employer can terminate you without reason.

Old 02-10-2020, 05:24 PM   #5
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Who wants to be the official exporter of things I want to avoid paying tax on?

Old 02-10-2020, 05:31 PM   #6
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 02-10-2020, 05:38 PM   #7
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

DEAR MEXICAN: Math problem: If there are 20 Mexicans, 20 Indians, 20 Chinese, 20 Puerto Ricans, 20 Blacks and one white person in a room, then how many people are there in the room whose identity is used as a benchmark to establish the identities of the rest of the people in the room? (Hint: not a colored person.)

Swimming Upstream

DEAR GABACHO: The 20 Mexicans—because everyone else will do everything possible to let the world know they're not Mexican as the deportation train comes along.

OPEN LETTER TO MEXICANS AFRAID OF PRESIDENT-ELECT TRUMP: Gentle cabrones, fear not. Our raza has gone up against Cortés, Maximillian, Winfield Scott, Porfirio Diaz, the PRI, the narcos, Enrique Peña Nieto, Harrison Gray Otis and Harry Chandler (the founder of the Los Angeles Times and his son-in-law, who owned hundreds of thousands of acres in Mexico and published all sorts of calumny against Pancho Villa, Francisco Madero and Emiliano Zapata), Maná, the PAN, Joe Arpaio, Pete Wilson, the Salinas de Gortarís, Tlatelolco, the Pastry War, Santa Anna, Victoriano Huerta, Henry Lane Wilson, Álvaro Obregon, Plutarco Elías Calles, NAFTA, Maseca, Rick Bayless, the 1994 devaluation of the peso, the 1986 Mexico City earthquake, Arjen Robben, 7-0 versus Chile in the Copa Ámerica, Landon Donovan, Dos a Cero, Barbara Coe, Hollywood, the Texians, Taco Bell, the pinche rinches, border walls, la migra, the Zimmerman affair, femicide in Juarez, genocide against our indigenous ancestors, the pillaging of our natural resources by the Spanish, gachupines, gringos, Yanquis, Carlos Slim, Jorge Hank Rhon, the Creel-Terrazas family, José Jiménez, the Frito Bandito, “We don't need no steenkin' badges,” “Go back to Mexico!,” “beaner,” “wetback,” “illegal alien savage,” “invader,” los científicos, ICE, the health inspector, soyrizo, ¡Ask a Mexican!, Linda Chavez, Ruben Navarette, KFI-AM 640, FOX News, Lou Dobbs, cholos, Ask a Chola, the Mexican Mafia, vendidos, Tío Tacos, Arizona State Bill 1070, California Proposition 187, the Sensebrenner bill, the fall of Tenochtitlán, that TIME Magazine cover about “Saving Mexico,” Ben Affleck playing a Chicano in Argo, Matt Damon playing a half-Mexican in The Good Shepherd, Operation Wetback, the Great Arizona Orphan Abduction, Jan Brewer, the Zoot Suit Riots, the Treaty of Guadalupe Hidalgo, the Gadsden Purchase, James K. Polk, John C. Frémont, school segregation, housing covenant, lynch mobs, Pikers, Ann Coulter, The Children of Sanchez, Robbery Under Law, the gentrification of mezcal, the Columbusing of elote, Katt Williams, Adam Carolla, the Republicans, the Democrats, capitalism, colonialism, imperialism, “Come a Little Bit Closer,” John Wayne, the Dirty Sanchez, Vicente Fox, Felipe Calderón, Paul Rodriguez, the Hispanic 100, tortillas and tamales in a can, Drinko por Cinco, Televisa, Univisón, Jacobo Zabludovsky, #tacotrucksoneverycorner, and that one girlfriend who broke up with you because her parents thought you were a gang member even though you were a graduate student at UCLA at the time and working a full-time job while their itinerant daughter was mooching off her mommy and daddy, and many, many more pendejos—and have not only survived, but also thrived. Are we a bunch of whiny Trumpbros, or are we Mexicans? Pónganse las pilas, y a trabajar, banda. Oh, and #fucktrump.

Old 02-10-2020, 06:06 PM   #8
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
Though I suppose it must give you pause that an employer can terminate you without reason.
I'm 35 and that has yet to happen.

If that day comes, I'll be sure to run down to my local Walmart and pick me up some bootstraps.

Last edited by FlamingGlobes : 02-10-2020 at 06:10 PM. Reason: for sounding too Republican rest in piece fuzzy

Old 02-11-2020, 01:26 AM   #9
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Funnily enough, I believe I'd originally heard about that on the dead ol' OBoard when it totally did happen to somebody and initially reacted with a sort of, "Nah, they can't do that. Surely not." Replies came in quoting legislation, letting all hope from the newly unemployed boarder like blood from the sow.

Don't make me talk about the handful of starfish we are metaphorically capable of rescuing from the desiccating clutches of the not particularly moist boardwalk next. I'm tired.

Last edited by buzzard : 02-11-2020 at 01:33 AM. Reason: did totally did fuck that up

Old 02-11-2020, 02:16 AM   #10
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Good ol' "at will" employment. An employer may terminate an employee at any time for any reason or for no reason at all. Warms your heart.

Old 02-11-2020, 02:19 AM   #11
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Living in America is particularly exhausting during an election year. I can't turn the TV on until next February.

Old 02-11-2020, 08:17 AM   #12
FoolofaTook

Old 02-11-2020, 09:11 AM   #13
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 02-11-2020, 09:15 AM   #14
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

Old 02-11-2020, 09:29 AM   #15
FoolofaTook

Old 02-11-2020, 09:52 AM   #16
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 02-11-2020, 09:53 AM   #17
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

ooh, happy birthday Mr. Jones! may he be adorned with several gay frogs on this special day

Old 02-11-2020, 10:03 AM   #18
LaBelle
Socialphobic

as if this thread wasn't shitty enough.

Old 02-11-2020, 10:25 AM   #19
FoolofaTook

Thumbs up

84 days left in this shithole nation. every time I see a plane my heart and hobbit lift in anticipation!

so long, suckas!

Old 02-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #20
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Where u goin? For how long?

Old 02-11-2020, 11:30 AM   #21
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Angry

*not an actual offer

Old 02-11-2020, 11:31 AM   #22
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

To do what? Why?

Old 02-11-2020, 11:35 AM   #23
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Location: Let me see you do the booty hop. And now make the booty stop. Now drop, and do the booty wop.
Red face

Old 02-11-2020, 11:38 AM   #24
FoolofaTook

Chiang Mai. Five months (this time, next time imma go for a year on a student visa).

Why not? I work online anyway. To live in an awesome place full of bomb temples and hella bomb food and where the cost of living for a month is less than the rent for the shitiest apartment in Orlando.

Oh and also to visit ANGKOR WAT and drink a magic mushroom shake.

Old 02-11-2020, 12:22 PM   #25
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Question

What's everyone's favorite Sonic game for the Genesis

It has to be Sonic 2 for me, with both players, but I won't be angry if you say something different

Old 02-11-2020, 03:11 PM   #26
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

haven't played any other than those 2 in a while, at least as far as the Genesis ones go - 'cause lord knows i'm a sucker for Battle Adventure 2!

Old 02-11-2020, 03:19 PM   #27
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by topleybird View Post

What's everyone's favorite Sonic game for the Genesis

It has to be Sonic 2 for me, with both players, but I won't be angry if you say something different
Sonic 3 jammed into the Sonic & Knuckles cartridge, as god intended.

Old 02-11-2020, 03:27 PM   #28
topleybird
Janis Jopleybird

Smile

You know, I remember really liking 3, but I don't think I ever bought "…& Knuckles," so I didn't get the full experience

I did do a ROM of the combined game many years later, but all my coordination was gone and I gave up pretty quickly

I have such happy memories of playing 2 with my best friend for months on end, and for whatever reason, we just never got addicted to 3 in the same way

Old 02-11-2020, 03:51 PM   #29
FoolofaTook

Old 02-11-2020, 03:51 PM   #30
FoolofaTook

so video games huh

cool cool