Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-27-2014, 05:51 AM   #121
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

bronies are cultural suicide

Old 11-27-2014, 05:53 AM   #122
Trotskilicious
Banned

bronies are literally sexually confused middle class white boys who don't think people appreciate their perfectly unique individuality enough

Old 11-27-2014, 11:28 AM   #123
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cool As Ice Cream View Post
how about "shut the fuck up, scotty" t-shirts?
how about buttons? you owe me a button.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #124
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
bronies are literally sexually confused middle class white boys who don't think people appreciate their perfectly unique individuality enough
it took me about half a year to fully convince myself/be convinced it wasn't all an entirely ironic ploy

i mean, seriously? shit's all over now (no it's not) but c'mon i guess!

Old 11-27-2014, 11:31 AM   #125
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

what am i talking about i've watched the entire first 8 seasons of degrassi pony on

Old 11-27-2014, 11:32 AM   #126
Bread Regal
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
shirts sold at the Chicago gig tonight (30 printed altogether)
They need to print more. I already told my wife that this is what I want for christmas.

Old 11-27-2014, 11:36 AM   #127
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

i wouldn'ta minded some "fuck pavement" shirts back in the uh, early 90s

when i was too young to know what either of those words meant but still, the seeds would have been planted

Old 11-27-2014, 02:44 PM   #128
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

http://pitchfork.com/news/57622-smas...ts-in-bowties/

Old 11-27-2014, 04:21 PM   #129
milk-plus
Oblivious Virgin

I want one too.
"Fuck you smashing pumpkins" would also be great.

Old 11-27-2014, 07:31 PM   #130
Shallowed
Braindead

Well, I'm even more surprised now at the general reaction to this than I was upon initially seeing these shirts.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:12 PM   #131
Shallowed
Braindead

Are there any non-Americans here that approve of this? It seems like people who are actually familiar with Cooper would be more likely to think this is appropriate; I just know him as that guy from CNN.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:49 PM   #132
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

I still don't really get the animosity. Maybe it's because I don't really watch CNN and I don't care about Anderson Cooper. He's one of the most vanilla personalities out there and I don't get the controversy. He was being an idiot and sensationalist but, considering he was simply making fun of some of Billy's bizarre-and-not-so-bizarre personal choices and not saying stupid things like "obviously there's the smell of marijuana" in front of an all black crowd, then I don't think he really deserves the vitriol that Billy's heaping on him. He's being kind of a bully. If Cooper was still attacking him then I'd say fine, Billy's defending himself, but Billy had the last word already. That's enough. I don't think anybody really cared about Cooper's article or even remembers it by now. Dozens of journalists and fans have been making fun of Billy's choices for years now, including the PAWS thing. I don't see what's so different about this one.

Old 11-27-2014, 09:50 PM   #133
Shallowed
Braindead

Old 11-27-2014, 10:00 PM   #134
Shallowed
Braindead

It's not a big deal, I just think it's just sad, pathetic and immature but clearly I'm in a minority here

Old 11-27-2014, 10:01 PM   #135
null123
Minion of Satan

Anderson Cooper is a globalist shill as Billy already has explained

Old 11-27-2014, 10:26 PM   #136
null123
Minion of Satan

Funny t-shirt: sad pathetic and immature
Grown man trading tittie pics like baseball cards with other grown men on a Smashing Pumpkins message board in 2014: ??

Old 11-27-2014, 10:53 PM   #137
Raskolnikov
Apocalyptic Poster

Anybody remember this? For some reason, I've always tied this fact to Anderson Cooper in my brain from when he put together a playlist back in 2006:

http://ohnotheydidnt.livejournal.com/7107752.html

The fact that he was aware of the existence of STRTJ always was a "whoa, wild" kind of thing to me. Didn't think his clip (which I hadn't actually seen until tonight in that Pitchfork article) was that mean spirited, but I guess I'd be bugged by it too.

But probably wouldn't be "make t-shirts about it" bugged.

And if I did... yeah, no logo.

Old 11-27-2014, 10:55 PM   #138
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Here's something to lighten the mood.

Shaq and a cat.
http://i.imgur.com/q3e87zR.gif

Old 11-27-2014, 11:24 PM   #139
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
It's not a big deal, I just think it's just sad, pathetic and immature but clearly I'm in a minority here
it's just a typical publicity stunt, you can pull worse.
try googling the gig yesterday - what you find are a bunch of sites and blogs headlining with this shirt - and half a sentence that it was sold at a concert.
played the game, nothing else.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Araneae View Post
I still don't really get the animosity. Maybe it's because I don't really watch CNN and I don't care about Anderson Cooper..
short explanation: Alex Jones hates Anderson Cooper. Belly is a Jonesian. (that is my explanation, I could be totally wrong, of course.)

Old 11-27-2014, 11:31 PM   #140
Trotskilicious
Banned

now that shaq isn't ruining basketball i really like him

Old 11-27-2014, 11:32 PM   #141
Trotskilicious
Banned

Quote:

short explanation: Alex Jones hates Anderson Cooper. Belly is a Jonesian. (that is my explanation, I could be totally wrong, of course.)
er

anderson cooper made fun of bill for that magazine cover

Old 11-27-2014, 11:33 PM   #142
Trotskilicious
Banned

did you guys not see that on this here board? anderson cooper took time at the end of his show to mock bill for showing his kitty kat man side on a magazine for charity

and bill took him to town for it like he should

Old 11-27-2014, 11:54 PM   #143
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

I meant that his animosity towards Cooper must go further than that he made fun of a "rock star" posing with cats. Corgan called him "a globalist shill" in response - I don't know how that could have been in any way related to the Paws magazine.

down the line he got what he wanted - his allstar line-up wasn't news worthy. printing fuck you Anderson Cooper on a bunch of shirts apparently was. half-assed media feuds always are.

Last edited by pavementtune : 11-28-2014 at 12:00 AM.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:24 AM   #144
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charmbag View Post
Funny t-shirt: sad pathetic and immature
Grown man trading tittie pics like baseball cards with other grown men on a Smashing Pumpkins message board in 2014: ??
Yes, I know, tasteless.

I was referring to the shirt as a reaction to Cooper's comments, not just the shirt itself, whether the shirt is funny is a matter of opinion.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:35 AM   #145
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
his allstar line-up wasn't news worthy. printing fuck you Anderson Cooper on a bunch of shirts apparently was. half-assed media feuds always are.
If this was really what Bilco had in mind the whole time, and it's not solely "revenge", then good for him for killing two birds with one stone.

Though it's not like Cooper has to resort to desperate gimmicks like this for attention.

Old 11-28-2014, 12:42 AM   #146
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trotskilicious View Post
now that shaq isn't ruining basketball i really like him
Same. It used to annoy me when he played since it seemed like the opposing team players always got a foul for just looking at him.

Quote:
down the line he got what he wanted - his allstar line-up wasn't news worthy. printing fuck you Anderson Cooper on a bunch of shirts apparently was. half-assed media feuds always are.
Speaking of which, I was wondering why it is that not a single legitimate news outlet reviewed the concert or wrote about the new lineup. I was really kind of surprised at that given the how hard they've been pushing these shows and songs. I was hoping to read an objective account of the concert and instead all I saw was people reporting on that stupid fucking shirt.

I'm sure I know the answer to this already, but was he selling his tea at the venue too?

Old 11-28-2014, 12:51 AM   #147
pavementtune

Quote:
I'm sure I know the answer to this already, but was he selling his tea at the venue too?
of course.
can you guess the answer to the next question - was the usual R-Pro staff in attendance? all-in-one marketing, always.

Quote:
Speaking of which, I was wondering why it is that not a single legitimate news outlet reviewed the concert or wrote about the new lineup.people reporting on that stupid fucking shirt.
that is indeed odd, especially since magazine people (both writers and photographers) were there. maybe it takes a while, or they have a special album promotion media deal and an actual review with decent images shows up a bit later.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:00 AM   #148
juliana
Apocalyptic Poster

LOL, I read on an fb group that some fans there there is a conspiracy surrounding anderson cooper and billy corgan.

I am still lauging

Quote:
What I'm trying to figure out is why the unprovoked attack on billy? He's not the only animal lover on the planet. What's his problem?
Quote:
Billy's also spoken out against Anderson's handlers in the past...Anderson was a CIA operative before becoming a newscaster. After some of the things Billy's said in interviews with Alex Jones they probably can't wait to defemate his character.
Quote:
what did billy say?
Quote:
nothing directly involving Anderson Cooper. Just things about how concerned he is in the direction the elite have been steering this country...he also applauded Alex Jones for standing up to Piers Morgan on gun rights. Piers also worked for CNN at the time.
Quote:
Billy knows whats up and can enlighten people, i dare say even illuminate people and we all know what happens to anyone who can sway people to the truth like that..... all the corporate sock puppets start defaming them as much as possible..... luckily SP's popularity is not because of any corporate sponsor or funding and they will be hard pressed to turn his fans against him or his music because his music is distilled truth in audio form and it will always ring true. Basically they hate that Billy is trying to wake people up

Last edited by juliana : 11-28-2014 at 01:06 AM.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:01 AM   #149
Araneae
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
of course.
can you guess the answer to the next question - was the usual R-Pro staff in attendance? all-in-one marketing, always.
ugh

Quote:
that is indeed odd, especially since magazine people (both writers and photographers) were there. maybe it takes a while, or they have a special album promotion media deal and an actual review with decent images shows up a bit later.
That's very unusual. Concert reviews tend to be released the very next day or two, unless they decided to make an exception for Thanksgiving (which is still unusual). I'm still waiting for those supposedly 40 something interviews he did back in October.

Old 11-28-2014, 01:10 AM   #150
pavementtune

Quote:

That's very unusual. Concert reviews tend to be released the very next day or two, unless they decided to make an exception for Thanksgiving (which is still unusual). I'm still waiting for those supposedly 40 something interviews he did back in October.
I was already surprised that there were any media people, with the date just having been annoucned two days earlier. but it can't be that they thought it was so shit that it wasn't worth their time and left early. it was one of the better gigs. so - no clue, really.

I'm guessing the NYC Webster Hall concert will get covered, though. that date was announced early enough.
And London, the newspapers there had several concert reviews of the last time Pumpkins played there.