Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > Pumpkins Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

 
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2010, 12:48 PM   #1
paranoid
Minion of Satan
 
paranoid's Avatar
 
Location: up a tree
Posts: 5,031
Default Jimmy renames THIS to "Skysaw," appears on Shaman Durek readio show.

link here: http://letsgetreal.blip.tv/file/4491341/

 
paranoid is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 04:49 PM   #2
Rickpat12
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Rickpat12's Avatar
 
Location: GUITAR PICK?
Posts: 3,397
Default

http://twitter.com/Billy/status/13315880251293696

 
Rickpat12 is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 05:05 PM   #3
Mablak
Minion of Satan
 
Mablak's Avatar
 
Location: Well, if it isn't my old friend, Mr. McGreg, with a leg for an arm and an arm for a leg!
Posts: 6,417
Default

That's a pretty terrible name. Reminds me of this high school band named sky shadow that awkwardly played at my friend's house venue while one of their parents came to ensure they weren't drinking. It's the kind of name I'd have given my pokemon when I was 10, while attempting to think of the 'coolest' combination of two words.

 
Mablak is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 05:09 PM   #4
hnibos
Socialphobic
 
hnibos's Avatar
 
Location: I was just reading, right?
Posts: 14,999
Default

why do old people try so hard

 
hnibos is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 05:50 PM   #5
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?
 
Luke de Spa's Avatar
 
Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you
Posts: 22,222
Default

http://www.skymall.com/shopping/homepage.htm?pnr=ING

SkyMall shopping magazine is your home for the best online catalog shopping! Browse from home living, décor, audio, ipod, electronics and apparel.

 
Luke de Spa is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 06:00 PM   #6
Luke de Spa
someone more...punk rock?
 
Luke de Spa's Avatar
 
Location: Ice cream pig out in M1-aud is why i don't play plug in baby the wrong way, like you
Posts: 22,222
Default

btw what a bunch of lunacy

 
Luke de Spa is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #7
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockLobster View Post
he should have renamed it to THAT
http://www.phawker.com/wp-content/up...03/dumbass.jpg

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 07:18 PM   #8
Future Boy
The Man of Tomorrow
 
Future Boy's Avatar
 
Posts: 26,980
Default

but does he mention Monte?

 
Future Boy is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 07:28 PM   #9
Rider
Minion of Satan
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler
Posts: 9,435
Default

http://www.skysaw.org/

 
Rider is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 07:59 PM   #10
tim2nyy
Pledge
 
tim2nyy's Avatar
 
Posts: 101
Default

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_qPJ_r1EhCK...-Saxon-pic.jpg

 
tim2nyy is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 08:26 PM   #11
D.
shoegaze thot
 
D.'s Avatar
 
Location: Houston
Posts: 35,316
Default

In my leisure time I collect records and CDs and have a number genres of specific interest.

 
D. is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 10:44 PM   #12
qlitchford
Pledge
 
qlitchford's Avatar
 
Posts: 176
Default

I think this podcast pretty much killed my last shred of.. shit, I don't even know. I really hoped that Jimmy was "the rational one" in SP2, but now I think he was just slightly less vocal. I listed to about 2/3 of this in the background while I worked tonight and what a completely loaded pile of horribleness. Jimmy and Billy are two peas in a pod. One of the same. Jimmy was crazy and had Billy as his idol. Now Jimmy is crazy and is following a new crackpot.

I really want these two to find happiness, but this is just disappointing. I just find it hard to believe that people can't be happy unless they are actively seeking it in some cosmic fashion and having some life altering revelation. I think that those of us who have worked through college and are in the middle of careers just have a hard time relating to people who've lived off of admiration for two decades. I realize that they probably feel the same about us, but its so odd to think that I used to relate to the music of Billy, Jimmy, and company.

 
qlitchford is offline
Old 12-10-2010, 10:56 PM   #13
Ball Sack Face
Banned
 
Posts: 667
Default

TURN UP THE READIO

 
Ball Sack Face is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 09:27 AM   #14
pineapple*soul
Ownz
 
pineapple*soul's Avatar
 
Posts: 563
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by qlitchford View Post
I think this podcast pretty much killed my last shred of.. shit, I don't even know. I really hoped that Jimmy was "the rational one" in SP2, but now I think he was just slightly less vocal. I listed to about 2/3 of this in the background while I worked tonight and what a completely loaded pile of horribleness. Jimmy and Billy are two peas in a pod. One of the same. Jimmy was crazy and had Billy as his idol. Now Jimmy is crazy and is following a new crackpot.

I really want these two to find happiness, but this is just disappointing. I just find it hard to believe that people can't be happy unless they are actively seeking it in some cosmic fashion and having some life altering revelation. I think that those of us who have worked through college and are in the middle of careers just have a hard time relating to people who've lived off of admiration for two decades. I realize that they probably feel the same about us, but its so odd to think that I used to relate to the music of Billy, Jimmy, and company.
I'd agree if Jimmy hadn't come off a life threatening heroin addiction. Listening to the podcast I get the sense that Jimmy needed something like this to attach himself to in order to survive. Bullshit or not, it might just be the thing that saved him.

So I don't really mind.

 
pineapple*soul is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 09:51 AM   #15
pineapple*soul
Ownz
 
pineapple*soul's Avatar
 
Posts: 563
Default

fucking hell 'the spirits' just made their appearance to offer diet advice

 
pineapple*soul is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 10:31 AM   #16
Rairun
Ownz
 
Posts: 916
Default

Yeah, it'd be cool if Jimmy were the rational one as opposed to Bill, so this is slightly disappointing. Now he's just the nice, friendly guy as opposed to the asshole.

 
Rairun is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 02:06 PM   #17
greg w/peg leg
Oblivious Virgin
 
Posts: 31
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rairun View Post
Yeah, it'd be cool if Jimmy were the rational one as opposed to Bill, so this is slightly disappointing. Now he's just the nice, friendly guy as opposed to the asshole.
"Nice, friendly guy"???? Have you listened to this podcast? He's plain nuts!

 
greg w/peg leg is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 03:05 PM   #18
Skradgee
Boardcaster
 
Skradgee's Avatar
 
Location: reporting live
Posts: 3,507
Talking

see when you find the drums and the vibrational frequencies with the compound frequencies with the resonance it meets with the voice in the middle and the healing power becomes exponentially greater!



 
Skradgee is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 03:22 PM   #19
ilikeplanets
Socialphobic
 
ilikeplanets's Avatar
 
Location: Ignore List
Posts: 12,672
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg w/peg leg View Post
"Nice, friendly guy"???? Have you listened to this podcast? He's plain nuts!
He is simply another aging rock star....

 
ilikeplanets is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 06:16 PM   #20
bahnzah
Apocalyptic Poster
 
bahnzah's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,308
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skradgee View Post
see when you find the drums and the vibrational frequencies with the compound frequencies with the resonance it meets with the voice in the middle and the healing power becomes exponentially greater!


i know exactly what he's talking about there.

 
bahnzah is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 06:19 PM   #21
Eulogy
huh
 
Posts: 61,443
Default

i am not listening to this

they can't both be crazy

 
Eulogy is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 06:21 PM   #22
bahnzah
Apocalyptic Poster
 
bahnzah's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,308
Default

this is the kind of crazy i can tolerate. john frusciante crazy. harmless crazy.

 
bahnzah is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 06:52 PM   #23
Venom
Ownz
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Posts: 860
Default

Ehhh?

Billy stamped seal of approval.

 
Venom is offline
Old 12-11-2010, 11:45 PM   #24
slunken
Virgo
 
slunken's Avatar
 
Posts: 39,012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by bahnzah View Post
this is the kind of crazy i can tolerate. john frusciante crazy. harmless crazy.
smack crazy

 
slunken is offline
Old 12-12-2010, 01:15 AM   #25
Rider
Minion of Satan
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler
Posts: 9,435
Default

Like I said a month ago the fact that Jimmy can't even market this band on the most basic level worries me.

In this day and age even Wesley Willis would have had a website.

 
Rider is offline
Old 12-12-2010, 08:56 AM   #26
soniclovenoize
Minion of Satan
 
soniclovenoize's Avatar
 
Location: Minneapolis, MN
Posts: 5,345
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
In this day and age even Wesley Willis would have had a website.
I'm sure Dale is available for that.

 
soniclovenoize is offline
Old 12-12-2010, 02:58 PM   #27
Venom
Ownz
 
Venom's Avatar
 
Location: United States
Posts: 860
Default

Meh, The This EP wasn't too bad, really. I personally liked the atmosphere used in the last song... however, renaming the band? Ehhhhh... this don't sit right with me. It don't sit right with me at all.

 
Venom is offline
Old 12-12-2010, 05:59 PM   #28
Rairun
Ownz
 
Posts: 916
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by greg w/peg leg View Post
"Nice, friendly guy"???? Have you listened to this podcast? He's plain nuts!
Didn't listen to the the whole thing, but from what I could gather, he's into New Ageish stuff just like Billy. The difference is that I didn't hear him calling his old bandmates immoral, nor blaming his fans for his lack of success.

 
Rairun is offline
Old 12-12-2010, 06:32 PM   #29
Catherine Wheel
Minion of Satan
 
Catherine Wheel's Avatar
 
Location: Washington, D.C.
Posts: 5,864
Default

So has Billy rubbed off on Jimmy? How long do you think Jimmy has been into this bullshit?

 
Catherine Wheel is offline
Old 12-12-2010, 06:51 PM   #30
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 30,407
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catherine Wheel View Post
So has Billy rubbed off on Jimmy? How long do you think Jimmy has been into this bullshit?
since '99.

not even kidding.

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
 


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Billy Corgan? I know you're reading. And you need to read this. Now. Reyngel Pumpkins Archive 297 05-26-2010 08:14 AM
Adore Survivor I xezton Pumpkins Archive 36 10-26-2007 01:50 AM
chamberlain Luke de Spa Pumpkins Archive 7 07-12-2007 12:49 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 08:45 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2014