Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List

Old 06-04-2020, 01:38 PM   #1
Alice
Minion of Satan

Default Ways to help

So we've got Sofi's thread for news and discussion and I thought this one might serve as a place to share links to educational resources and means of supporting the changes for which so many people are currently protesting. I would love it if we could refrain from shitposting here. I'm gonna share what I've got but I'm hoping others will have more to contribute

View this post on Instagram

#rg: @losangelesbucketlist — We stand in solidarity with the fight against systemic racism, white supremacy, and the historic oppression of the Black community. Black Lives Matter. Bucket Listers is committed to being an ally to the Black community leading the change we need. Our nation and our communities are hurting. Right now is the time to make our voices heard, open ourselves up to having uncomfortable but continuous conversations, and to educate ourselves. In order to ensure this is a movement, not just a moment, we have gathered a list of ways you can act right now (link in bio). We must fight for racial justice and equality together. If you know of any additional resources or organizations that are helping the cause, please share them below. #BlackLivesMatter #JusticeForGeorgeFloyd

A post shared by FeministVoice 🤘🏼 (@feministvoice) on

#resources by @hopedisguised

A post shared by FeministVoice 🤘🏼 (@feministvoice) on

This Friday, @bandcamp is waiving their cut of all sales. Sacred Bones, along with all of our artists, are taking the opportunity to raise money for places doing urgent work. If you purchase any digital music from us on Friday, 100% of your money will go directly to our fundraiser. Basically, you get to donate to amazing places, and you get some music as a bonus! *** All proceeds will be split between @thelovelandfoundation and a national collection of community bail funds. The Loveland Foundation was founded by the legend @rachel.cargle and provides healing services to communities of color, with a focus on black women and girls. The mental health toll on black people dealing with the current environment, the pandemic, and the entire history of anti-black racism on this earth is staggering and the Loveland Foundation provides therapy, residencies, and other healing resources that are especially crucial at this time. *** A note on bail funds: Not all bail initiatives are created equal and we will attempt to diligently research which of the available recipients are grassroots organizations empowering communities. If anyone has any valuable informations regarding this, please let us know. We will put the link to the donation site in our bio.

A post shared by Sacred Bones (@sacredbones) on

Old 06-04-2020, 01:39 PM   #3
Alice
Minion of Satan

Old 06-04-2020, 01:42 PM   #4
Alice
Minion of Satan

Old 06-04-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
Alice
Minion of Satan

https://blacklivesmatters.carrd.co/#

https://www.notion.so/BLACK-LIVES-MA...29af047a074384

Old 06-04-2020, 01:51 PM   #6
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Thank you Alice.

https://www.kare11.com/article/news/...c-a1c7801bf60e

https://gearpatrol.com/2020/06/01/wh...loyd-protests/

Old 06-04-2020, 01:52 PM   #7
Alice
Minion of Satan

The good people at Sargent House are also helping out. They're providing food in Oakland as well as organizing a fundraising raffle which I'll link to here as soon as possible. So far they've announced the inclusion of one of Chelsea Wolfe's guitars and some original album art from Emma Ruth Rundle

Old 06-04-2020, 01:57 PM   #8
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

#GeorgeFloyd Resource Compilation

https://docs.google.com/document/d/1...cB0OUsLT9NI9kY

Old 06-05-2020, 09:56 AM   #9
myosis
Minion of Satan

this organization does research to find ways to reduce police violence and racial bias.
https://policingequity.org/fight-bias

i don't generally like TED talks but here is a short one by Dr. Goff who is co-founder:
https://www.ted.com/talks/dr_phillip...prove_policing

you might not agree with all he is saying but science can help and should be put to use.

Old 06-05-2020, 11:18 AM   #10
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Splitting all proceeds to Hunger Task Force and Reclaim the Block

Hunger Task Force is Milwaukee's free and local food bank, providing healthy food to hungry children, families and seniors free of charge.
hungertaskforce.org

Reclaim the Block community coalition representing activists, organizers, faith and community leaders united by the demand that Minneapolis divest from policing and invest in long-term alternatives that would decrease the scope of MPD and promote healthier, safer, more diverse communities.
reclaimtheblock.org

released June 5, 2020

Old 06-05-2020, 12:27 PM   #11
Alice
Minion of Satan

Free e-book on police violence:

Chicago has a long history of police violence. The starkest evidence is seen in the hundreds of recent cases of torture of suspects in custody—overwhelmingly African-American men. Our latest free e-book, available until noon on June 6, is The Torture Letters: Reckoning with Police Violence by Lau.rence Ralph. The book is based on ten years of interviews and archival research and takes the form of open letters to victims, witnesses, participants, activists, mayors, and police. With compassion and careful skill, Ralph traces institutional racism through law enforcement, the political machine, and the courts in Chicago, amplifying the voices of torture victims who are still with us and lending a voice to those deceased.
“A deeply caring work.… An essential primer on the roots of police violence.”—Publishers Weekly
Get this important work free for five days.
The paperback is available at 20% off with promo code AD1862.

“A compelling and necessary look at the brutalism that inevitably emerges in the maintenance of racial castes, and the persistence of police violence today.”—Chicago Review of Books

“A deeply caring work.… An essential primer on the roots of police violence.”—Publishers Weekly

[This e-book will only be free through noon on June 6, 2020.]

https://press.uchicago.edu/books/freeEbook.html

Old 06-05-2020, 12:27 PM   #12
Alice
Minion of Satan

They give away a different book each month by the way. Not a bad email list to sign up for

Old 06-05-2020, 12:31 PM   #13
Alice
Minion of Satan

Today Bandcamp waives their revenue share in efforts to help artists affected by the pandemic. These monthly efforts have been significant in recovering lost income due to gig cancellations. Today, I want to use this opportunity to give back in support of the black community in the face of the despicable racist systems and police brutality that our nation is infused with. 50% of all Mizmor profits, be it music from mizmor.bandcamp.com or merch from mizmor.bigcartel.com (clickable link in bio), or donations through Spotify/Cash App ($MizmorALN) will be donated to The National Bailout, a black-led collective dedicated to bailing out black mothers. Feel free to skip all this and donate directly - I will put a list of more places to donate in my story. Black Lives Matter.

A post shared by Mizmor (@whollydoomedblackmetal) on

Hello friends Today I’m starting what will be a recurring raffle for original work until I am able to safely return to my job! Proceeds from this raffle will be split evenly between @thelovelandfoundation @nqttcn & @bailproject To enter send 5$ to [email protected] via PayPal & be sure to click friends and family. Please ******* your Instagram @ in the note. SHIPPING ONLY WITHIN THE US!!! Raffle ends midnight June 8th. Winner picked June 9th!! This piece is 11x17” Ink on Vellum paper Black Lives Matter

A post shared by Natalie Hall (@ohnonatalie) on

@yourfuckingend’s debut LP “Splinters From An Ever-Changing Face” is out today via @closedcasketactivities. We’re working with the band to donate 100% of profit from END merchandise sold through this weekend to the American Civil Liberties Union in an attempt to support the communities that are suffering. “Over a year was spent creating this album and we are all incredibly proud of the final product, but not proud of taking up space for more important voices, so you won’t be hearing much more from us for the time being. Thank you and enjoy the record”- END 🤘🏽 . . . . . #end #endband #closedcasketactivities #record #vinyl #vinylcommunity #vinylcollection #americancivillibertiesunion #evilgreed

A post shared by EVIL GREED (@evil_greed) on

Old 06-05-2020, 12:37 PM   #14
Alice
Minion of Satan

I’m on the Internet too much and I have seen many comments in the past few days from white folks saying they don’t know what to do. I made this specifically for you. It is in no way comprehensive but I am hoping it is a start on your Allyship journey. Some Black people may be willing to teach you, but please remember: it is not their job. There is so much more I could add here so I might make a part 2. Edit: FAQ (will update as questions come) ⭐️ yes you can post to your feed ⭐️ yes you can translate this into every language ⭐️ yes you can add this to any resource document, school report, workplace email thread. Share it anywhere ⭐️ here is my Venmo: Giselle-Buchanan ⭐️ PayPal: PayPal.me/gisellebuchanan

A post shared by Giselle Buchanan (@gisellebuchanan) on

I am not an organizer, I am an artist, but I am doing my best to look to the people spearheading the movement for direction. It feels a bit overwhelming with so much information in so many different places, so I am going to make these as I hear of simple action steps you can do in your homes. Remember, you can also ⭐️Participate in your local Protest ⭐️Drop off water, first aid supplies, posters and signs to your local protesters. There are many videos of cops destroying these resources. We need to take care of people in the frontlines. ⭐️Do not stand by if you see injustice in front of you. Especially if you are not black. ⭐️Amplify! Let’s not be quiet about this. ⭐️Donate Take care of each other.

A post shared by Giselle Buchanan (@gisellebuchanan) on

Old 06-05-2020, 02:58 PM   #18
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

im going to read nk jemisin

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/N._K._Jemisin

Old 06-05-2020, 03:07 PM   #19
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

In this pivotal (hopefully) moment in US history, it is important we do what we can, however we can, with what we’ve got. So here is an old show from 2009. Not a perfect show by any means but I think it documents the spirit of that period for us well and it sounds pretty darn good. I only fuck up really bad once. See if you can spot it. Only keeping this up through the weekend so act fast. All proceeds split between Campaign Zero and Justice for Breonna Taylor Fund. Today would have been her birthday. My heart is heavy. My blood is angry.

released June 5, 2020

Old 06-05-2020, 03:53 PM   #20
Alice
Minion of Satan

Old 06-05-2020, 03:55 PM   #21
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

What the heck, 40%? 40% of the city's entire budget?

Thanks for all the links, both of you, very much appreciated.

Old 06-05-2020, 05:03 PM   #22
Alice
Minion of Satan

https://bongripper.bandcamp.com

Bongripper is donating all of today’s proceeds from Bandcamp sales to Chicago BLM organizations

Old 06-06-2020, 04:21 PM   #23
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Old 06-11-2020, 08:47 AM   #24
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

WHY?
June 8 at 12:49 PM

We raised over $2900 for the Justice for Breonna Taylor fund and the National Bail Fund Network this weekend! Because of this success, we’ll be releasing a past live show recording on Bandcamp every Friday in June and we’ll be donating all proceeds from these sales to those in need.

https://whywithaquestionmark.bandcamp.com/

Old 06-19-2020, 03:41 PM   #25
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

WHY?
4 hrs

Happy Juneteenth! We’d like to offer another full unedited live show to you via Bandcamp. This time, all proceeds— our cut, as well as Bandcamp’s portion— go to the NAACP Legal Defense Fund. Get it while it’s hot! Bandcamp only donates their portion today and the show will only be up through the weekend. Thanks y’all. Love you!

Old 06-19-2020, 05:53 PM   #26
Alice
Minion of Satan

Bandcamp is donating it’s revenue share to the NAACP today

Old 06-19-2020, 06:28 PM   #27
yo soy el mejor
Just Hook it to My Veins!

big ol' foundations don't need any more money. even ones like ACLU and the NAACP are marred by bureaucracy and funds don't make an immediate impact because money takes forever to trickle down. i don't know what cities y'all live in, so i can't tell you what grassroots groups to support. but in chicago i like my block, my hood, my city. assata's daughters. brave space alliance. and good kids mad city. apparently they (GKMC) were recently featured in teenvogue (just found the article in a search).

https://www.teenvogue.com/story/good...ence-activists

Assata's Daughters: https://www.assatasdaughters.org/donate-1
Good Kids Mad City: https://secure.actblue.com/donate/gkmc-1
My Block, My Hood, My City: https://www.formyblock.org/donate
Brave Space Alliance: https://www.bravespacealliance.org/donate

Old 06-22-2020, 04:55 PM   #28
Alice
Minion of Satan

Thanks for the links y s e m

Old 06-22-2020, 04:56 PM   #29
Alice
Minion of Satan

PLEASE READ BEFORE MESSAGING: The 13th amendment states that slavery has been abolished in the United States “except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted”. The prison system in the United States is legalized slavery. Black people were brought to this country as slaves to benefit our economy as free laborers, and under this prison system, where one in four Black men are expected to serve prison time in their lifetime, are sentenced to more time than their white counterparts who commit the exact same crime, and are incarcerated at five times the rate of white people, we are still benefitting from their free labor (aka slavery) everyday. The maximum wage one can earn while incarcerated is $1.41 an hour, and inmates are not allowed to opt out of work. The United States is Home to five percent of the world’s population, and yet holds nearly 25% of the world’s prisoners. You do the math. Thank you to @emberiswarm for the list of products! If you’re looking for more info/sources her original post is great. #blacklivesmatter #endprisonslavery . Note: while many of them are, not every product on this list is necessarily made by prisoners, but they are all made by companies who use prison labor, so in buying them, you are voting with your dollar. Boycotting these popular items will hurt the pockets of companies using legalized slavery. . .I am not an expert, I’m a designer. My goal here is to raise awareness that as consumers in a corrupt system, we need to pay attention to what we buy. If there’s a product on here you can’t live with out, you do the research. . .DON’T STOP TAKING YOUR MEDS IF YOU NEED THEM ❤️

A post shared by Sara Larsen (@sara.larsen.art) on

Old 06-22-2020, 05:05 PM   #30
Alice
Minion of Satan

From Soothsayer Hot Sauce in Chicago. https://www.soothsayerhotsauce.com/ I'm not familiar with them but it looks like they just finished up a fundraiser for My Block, My Hood, My City and The Chicago Community Bond Fund