Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 12-09-2014, 11:16 PM   #31
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Unlike you, I don't make these kinds of gender-based judgments. *adjusts monocle*
i was just correcting something that said "most people" i think most people are actually "there are 2 sides 2 every story and every1 is entitled 2 their own opinion imho"

Old 12-10-2014, 12:57 AM   #32
The Omega Concern
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
TOC has no problem with the details surrounding the Mike Brown killing, but widespread rape of women is 100% an anti-male conspiracy. Why do you people engage this guy?

no need to conflate issues. Rape is wrong but there's this push to expand the definition to mean something other than rape these days.

For instance:

In Lena Dunham's (fictional) story, she claimed to be offended the day after the rape when Barry walked by and didn't say hi. What woman, IF THEY WERE REALLY RAPED, wants their rapist to say hello?

So is her cry of rape because of a perceived diss the next day. Or the sexual encounter was something other than expected, and after thinking about it, decided it was rape.

This bitch is the worst. She gets nearly 4 million bucks off a fairy tale that she figured with her liberal streed cred would never get called on it. Whoops...

National Review's Kevin Williamson published a profile of Dunham that included a short interview with Barry One:

Quote:
It takes me about two minutes to discover a Republican named Barry whose time at Oberlin coincided with Dunham’s. A few minutes later, I know a great deal about him: Where he works, where he lives, what he majored in, his high-school-prom plans, people we know in common, and other surprising intersections between our lives. When I call him at his office, I get the distinct impression that I am not the first reporter to have done so. “I don’t have anything to say about what I know you’re calling about,” he says. We speak very briefly, and he is concerned that I will use his name.

And then Dunham took to twitter and went on to ridicule the mag as she doubled down on her righteousness. Only the threat of a lawsuit is why any of this has come out about the Barry being a pseudonym.

And yes, she's hurt woman who get knocked out by fist or drink and then raped. She and this book are doing them no favors. The awareness campaign at this point would be better off making her Persona non-Grata.

Old 12-10-2014, 09:03 AM   #33
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

So she fingerblasted her sister, huh?

Old 12-10-2014, 11:33 AM   #34
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

Yeah that was stupid. Kids do sexual play all the time. I know I did. Who cares, it's part of growing up.

Though when you think about it as an adult later on it DOES seem kinda fucked up. But kids will be kids.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:03 PM   #35
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

She wasn't a kid at the time though, was she?

If a man did this, holy hell storm.

Old 12-10-2014, 12:55 PM   #36
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Location: "I'm a quivering collection of the worst and least helpful emotions: fear, anxiety, terror, paranoia, indigestion, dishpan hands..."

no she was 7

Old 12-10-2014, 01:00 PM   #37
The exploding boy
Minion of Satan

Also it wasnt fingering at all:

"The passages cited ******* one that describes an incident when Dunham was seven and her sister was one and playing on the driveway. Dunham writes that “curiosity got the best” of her and she opened her sister’s vagina only to call for her mother when she found the toddler had “six or seven pebbles in there”.

“My mother didn’t bother asking why I had opened Grace’s vagina,” Dunham wrote. “This was within the spectrum of things that I did.”

An some fucking moron said this:

"Kevin Williamson in National Review wrote that there is “no non-horrific interpretation” of the episode with the stones. Dunham’s parents, he said, “were, in their daughter’s telling, enablers of some very disturbing behaviour that would be considered child abuse in many jurisdictions”.

I mean its typical Dunham to mention such things to show how supposedly weird and different she is but that reaction was idiotic.

Old 12-10-2014, 03:14 PM   #38
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Why did she go in there in the first place? And where can I find a reenactment? F-for research purposes.

Old 12-10-2014, 10:48 PM   #39
Trotskilicious
Banned

Location: I believe in the transcendental qualities of friendship.

It was a pretty big hell storm already, buddy