Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 07-20-2019, 11:49 PM   #31
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Originally Posted by ella View Post
Sounds like a great time to make a comeback then!! LOL
It is, actually. Fuzzyroes is a full-blown fascist and is now confined to only posting on the SP board, though he is on ice as thin and water-tight as paper

Old 07-21-2019, 12:20 AM   #32
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

The only reason Fuzzy is still around is because he single handedly keeps SP forum alive

Old 07-21-2019, 02:11 AM   #33
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

let's face it

Old 07-21-2019, 04:50 AM   #34
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Wow! It’s so cool to come back here and see familiar faces still posting! How are you going? Still down in Florida?
I'm doing pretty well. Graduated university at the end of 2017 and am going to be going back for Social Work next year, probably. Off disability right now and working from home mostly, which is awesome and helps me feel better. Working at a grocery store for 7 years is some soul-sapping shit. Now it's just weekends there. Prob going to start looking to replace that with something in mental health soon.

Oh! I also got really, really fat but I had bariatric surgery at the beginning of April and I've lost about 100lbs.

But the thing I'm most proud of is becoming a netphoria mod. It has made my life complete.

What's up with you?

Old 07-21-2019, 10:46 AM   #35
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Smile

Quote:
Thanks duo! Hope all is well with you. Still in Pittsburgh?! Any kids yet? Lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by duovamp View Post
Yes and no! Maybe in a year or two, but hopefully not sooner. Things are going well here, so far. How's everything going for you?
Quote:
Great to hear! I’m doing good- I had my second babe this past winter. Enjoying summer but not this crazy heat right now lol. Man netphoria makes me feel old and young at the same time. I really thought it was gone for good. I’m happy to see it’s still here and see familiar faces.
Quote:
Oh my god, congrats! That’s amazing.
this is the type of conversation i escape like death irl

Old 07-21-2019, 12:39 PM   #36
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

You sound like a blast at parties.

Old 07-21-2019, 12:40 PM   #37
ilikeplanets
Braindead

It's so sad to be happy, huh

Old 07-21-2019, 12:53 PM   #38
ilikeplanets
Braindead

Also, hi ella.

Old 07-21-2019, 01:53 PM   #39
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post

Old 07-21-2019, 03:51 PM   #40
ella
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
I'm doing pretty well. Graduated university at the end of 2017 and am going to be going back for Social Work next year, probably. Off disability right now and working from home mostly, which is awesome and helps me feel better. Working at a grocery store for 7 years is some soul-sapping shit. Now it's just weekends there. Prob going to start looking to replace that with something in mental health soon.

Oh! I also got really, really fat but I had bariatric surgery at the beginning of April and I've lost about 100lbs.

But the thing I'm most proud of is becoming a netphoria mod. It has made my life complete.

What's up with you?
Holy crap! You would make the best social worker seriously. What work are you doing from home? I was doing a work from home job for close to 5 years but I couldn’t handle the hours after having my second kid.

Congrats on the weight loss! 100 lbs is amazing but not as amazing as becoming a netphorian mod!!!!!!!

Old 07-21-2019, 03:54 PM   #41
ella
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I don’t know. I like to know how you ppl are doing, it makes me happy.

Old 07-21-2019, 03:57 PM   #42
ella
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilikeplanets View Post
Also, hi ella.
Hey, hope you’re doing well and glad to see you’re still posting! How’d you find this place again? You were only 15 or so, my gosh. Ice skater right?

Old 07-21-2019, 04:28 PM   #43
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Hey, hope you’re doing well and glad to see you’re still posting! How’d you find this place again? You were only 15 or so, my gosh. Ice skater right?
lol you totally have her mixed up

Old 07-21-2019, 04:33 PM   #44
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Holy crap! You would make the best social worker seriously. What work are you doing from home? I was doing a work from home job for close to 5 years but I couldn’t handle the hours after having my second kid.

Congrats on the weight loss! 100 lbs is amazing but not as amazing as becoming a netphorian mod!!!!!!!
I have a job with a company that contracts for Google and we do search engine evaluation. Mostly you get actual searches and what algorithms think are good results/sets of results and rate them based on how helpful they are for general searches, ones on mobile, ones that might be looking for news, etc. There's other tasks also but that's the bulk of it.

In addition to that I'm doing a lot of freelance work on crowd source platforms like Amazon Mechanical Turk. People post tasks and you do them for $$$. All kinds of stuff. The work is easy but there's lots of stuff you have to learn to be able to outperform other people all vying for the same job, which is the hard part. And also finding stuff that's worth doing is hard at first. But I've been doing it since Oct and I have my bearings pretty well down. I do some other crowd source stuff but AMT is the one I do most.

And thanks about the social worker comment

Old 07-21-2019, 04:58 PM   #45
ella
Minion of Satan

Quote:
I have a job with a company that contracts for Google and we do search engine evaluation. Mostly you get actual searches and what algorithms think are good results/sets of results and rate them based on how helpful they are for general searches, ones on mobile, ones that might be looking for news, etc. There's other tasks also but that's the bulk of it.

In addition to that I'm doing a lot of freelance work on crowd source platforms like Amazon Mechanical Turk. People post tasks and you do them for $$$. All kinds of stuff. The work is easy but there's lots of stuff you have to learn to be able to outperform other people all vying for the same job, which is the hard part. And also finding stuff that's worth doing is hard at first. But I've been doing it since Oct and I have my bearings pretty well down. I do some other crowd source stuff but AMT is the one I do most.

And thanks about the social worker comment
I was a search engine evaluator! Through Lionbridge! I started back in September 2014 and resigned from the program this past March. I dabbled with Mturk until I got the position at Lionbridge. It was a really great wah gig... I really wish I could’ve stayed on but I just couldn’t continue to meet the hours. They said they would bring me back on next year if I contact them.

Last edited by ella : 07-23-2019 at 08:58 PM.

Old 07-21-2019, 05:54 PM   #46
ilikeplanets
Braindead

I'm not whoever you think I am, although I probably would have been better off as a 15 year old ice skater. I'm doing good though!

Old 07-21-2019, 07:15 PM   #47
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Oh lord the ice skater saga. I hope she wasn’t emotionally scarred by this place.

Old 07-21-2019, 07:28 PM   #48
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

That was a weird one. Didn't she have lots of videos or something

Old 07-21-2019, 07:37 PM   #49
ella
Minion of Satan

So...for quite a number of years I thought that ilikeplanets was ice skater all grown up.... I almost don’t know what to do with this new information.

Last edited by ella : 07-21-2019 at 07:47 PM.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:01 PM   #50
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Don't believe this misinformation, ILP is indeed iceskater

Old 07-21-2019, 08:46 PM   #51
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
I was a search engine evaluator! Through Lionbridge! I started back in September 2015 and resigned from the program this past March. I dabbled with Mturk until I got the position at Lionbridge. It was a really great wah gig... I really wish I could’ve stayed on but I just couldn’t continue to meet the hours. They said they would bring me back on next year if I contact them.
My job is with Appen but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. I can work 15-26 hours for that per week, and I supplement with mTurk and some other stuff. Sometimes I'm able to do them together (on separate computers). Which they probably wouldn't like but I get good reviews and they don't pay enough and they tell you not to finish early so :shrug:

Honestly I'm getting some good qualified work on mTurk now, most of the time I'm just doing the minimum 15 at Appen. You can't count on mTurk the way you can with a "real job" like Appen and those 26 hours come in handy on slow weeks (like 4th of July week I maxed out). I do some other stuff also, if you ever want any tips let me know. mTurk has a high barrier to entry but some other stuff like usertesting.com is pretty low. But I mean it sounds like you're OK where you are, but if you ever want to set up anything that doesn't require the kind of investment of time in learning that mTurk does, there are other things for sure.

Last edited by reprise85 : 07-21-2019 at 08:52 PM.

Old 07-21-2019, 08:51 PM   #52
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
That was a weird one. Didn't she have lots of videos or something
She was a little girl who Yo Soy invited here. Maybe to feed to Alex. No clue what was happening here with that.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #53
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

I thought it was Warsaw but I guess Warsaw just got involved after. I def wasn't entrenched in the gen board at that time

Old 07-21-2019, 09:09 PM   #54
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

It was super weird. But comparatively when Bonnie showed up nobody batted an eye.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:10 PM   #55
ella
Minion of Satan

Quote:
She was a little girl who Yo Soy invited here. Maybe to feed to Alex. No clue what was happening here with that.
....and then fast forward a few years, iceskater come back and starts posting under her new username iloveplanets.

Old 07-21-2019, 09:19 PM   #56
ella
Minion of Satan

Quote:
My job is with Appen but I'm pretty sure it's the same thing. I can work 15-26 hours for that per week, and I supplement with mTurk and some other stuff. Sometimes I'm able to do them together (on separate computers). Which they probably wouldn't like but I get good reviews and they don't pay enough and they tell you not to finish early so :shrug:

Honestly I'm getting some good qualified work on mTurk now, most of the time I'm just doing the minimum 15 at Appen. You can't count on mTurk the way you can with a "real job" like Appen and those 26 hours come in handy on slow weeks (like 4th of July week I maxed out). I do some other stuff also, if you ever want any tips let me know. mTurk has a high barrier to entry but some other stuff like usertesting.com is pretty low. But I mean it sounds like you're OK where you are, but if you ever want to set up anything that doesn't require the kind of investment of time in learning that mTurk does, there are other things for sure.
I’m pretty sure I’ve read that Appen is just slightly better than Lionbridge. I think it pays just a little bit more (I was getting 13.75/hr) and you get more hours. I had to work a minimum of 10 hrs and up to 20 per week, most weeks though they would send out an email saying that we were allowed to work up to 24 bc of the task availability. I know exactly what you mean about doing other stuff while working lol I did the same thing... most of my tasks were 9 minutes, but it would usually only take me 3 mins or less so for the remaining 6 mins or whatever I would run around getting stuff down around the house, cleaning etc. lol

I’m thinking once my youngest is around 8-9 months I’ll start looking into working online again. I’ll prob apply back at lionbridge, Appen and isoftstone and whoever gets back to me quickest is where I’ll go! When I did mturk it seemed like I was only making pennies.

Old 07-21-2019, 10:05 PM   #57
yo soy el mejor

I posted a youtube video of a girl riding a unicycle and doing jump-rope tricks. Apparently on youtube you can see where your videos have been posted and she decided to check out netphoria. Y'all know this!

Last edited by yo soy el mejor : 07-21-2019 at 10:12 PM.

Old 07-21-2019, 11:26 PM   #58
Shallowed
Braindead

Quote:
Maybe it's because you don't have kids or (afaik) aren't married or in a long-term relationship.

Old 07-22-2019, 12:38 AM   #59
slunken
Virgo

The other night I went to a free gig, this was another avant-garde one featuring three drummers, one of whom I have performed with several times, including for my my own gig.

After the show, one of my art/music scene friends (the one that I trespassed on construction scaffolding with a while ago) dropped by for a while to discuss with one of the venue managers about a two-day long drone festival she's organising. Unfortunately I won't be able to perform because there are already as many artists on the bill that can be accommodated, but I can take photos, which will probably be the first gig since February that I'll be photographing with my DSLR.

I hung out with her for the night, planning to go back to hers, smoke weed, and crash on her couch, then we bumped into some friends of hers, who said they were going to do some nangs.

I think her weed might be pretty mellow, because I only got a mild to medium buzz on it, but it was very much appreciated all the same.

Old 07-22-2019, 04:31 AM   #60
Cool As Ice Cream

Perhaps this is the most dynamic thing we have seen the Pumpkins do since Jimmy would come out and play guitar on 1979 or in the small clip during Mayonnaise in Vieuphoria where we see Billy playing drums and later he would play the timpani in 2008.