Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 04-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #91
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Yes, fuzzy, dig your heels in. Give in to the ignorance.

*taps fingers together*

Old 04-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #92
fuzzyroes
Banned

https://www.statisticbrain.com/emine...es-statistics/

As for Eminem, there's a definite downswing. His album in 2009 sold 7 million copy's worldwide and his last one only sold 3 million... Compared to the 30 million for each release he was netting in the 00's.

As for hit singles, the numbers are wayyyyyyyyy down.

So this idea that he's as famous as ever, simply isn't true... Obviously I was exaggerating for comedic reasons when I compared him to Billy Corgan.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:13 PM   #93
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Location: I’ve been trying to move to the Nordic countries for 5 years but the cost is astronomical to become an expatriate

Seriously though, how's sobriety workin' for you?

Old 04-11-2018, 09:14 PM   #94
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Why is rapping about living on the streets a bad thing, exactly? Because it's not your experience?
It isn't. It's just not something that a bookworm from a Canadian suburb can relate with. So why would I try and copy that art form? It would be stupid.

Say what you will, but RBG was making a mockery of the artform with his rap. I realize he was trying to be funny, and that's fine... It's just not something I wanna spend energy doing.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:16 PM   #95
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
https://www.statisticbrain.com/emine...es-statistics/

As for Eminem, there's a definite downswing. His album in 2009 sold 7 million copy's worldwide and his last one only sold 3 million... Compared to the 30 million for each release he was netting in the 00's.

As for hit singles, the numbers are wayyyyyyyyy down.

So this idea that he's as famous as ever, simply isn't true... Obviously I was exaggerating for comedic reasons when I compared him to Billy Corgan.
I never said he was as famous as ever. Fact is, someone who has #1 albums is in the front of their field. How fucking hard is this to understand? No music sells like it used to, none of it. You'd have to compare people who sold as much as him back then and how the sell today. I guarantee you Eminem comes out ahead of almost everyone who is still making music in terms of relative album sales.

Obviously you actually believed your own shit and didn't even look it up because you're the most low-information know-it-all I've ever known in my entire life

Old 04-11-2018, 09:18 PM   #96
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
It isn't. It's just not something that a bookworm from a Canadian suburb can relate with. So why would I try and copy that art form? It would be stupid.

Say what you will, but RBG was making a mockery of the artform with his rap. I realize he was trying to be funny, and that's fine... It's just not something I wanna spend energy doing.
I don't even know what to say. Anyone can rap. It has been a medium for a certain segment of the population but they don't -own- it. As long as someone isn't pretending to have that same experience there's no reason they can't fucking rap. It's not a mockery. It's art. What the fuck.

And you don't have to rap, I don't give one single fuck. But you are being a racist piece of shit and you don't even realize it.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:20 PM   #97
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i'm done with this conversation

Old 04-11-2018, 09:33 PM   #98
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I don't even know what to say. Anyone can rap. It has been a medium for a certain segment of the population but they don't -own- it. As long as someone isn't pretending to have that same experience there's no reason they can't fucking rap. It's not a mockery. It's art. What the fuck.

And you don't have to rap, I don't give one single fuck. But you are being a racist piece of shit and you don't even realize it.
Look, I'm not sure if you're just not getting it, but I think rap fucking sucks... I think it's absolute garbage. Why would I try and dip my feet in attempting an art-form that I see absolutely no appeal in?

Old 04-11-2018, 09:35 PM   #99
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I never said he was as famous as ever. Fact is, someone who has #1 albums is in the front of their field. How fucking hard is this to understand? No music sells like it used to, none of it. You'd have to compare people who sold as much as him back then and how the sell today. I guarantee you Eminem comes out ahead of almost everyone who is still making music in terms of relative album sales.

Obviously you actually believed your own shit and didn't even look it up because you're the most low-information know-it-all I've ever known in my entire life
There's a lot of acts that have number 1 albums and then fizzle. You look at Rap and there's no way Eminem is at the front of the field anymore... There's no way that his new music is making as big of an impact as a guy like Drake. Eminems a legacy artist now. Any tickets or albums he moves is on the goodwill of his old material.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:40 PM   #100
fuzzyroes
Banned

Just to finish off my point, here's a few reviews for eminems new music

4.8/10

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/13034-relapse/

"It's the return of the... Ah, wait, no way, you're kidding: Eminem's relapse is just an update of his shock tactics"

Here's his other new album... 2.8/10

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/14380-recovery/

Sure, they may have sold well, but most music fans feel he's been on a downswing and that there's been a definite decline in his quality of work.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:43 PM   #101
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
Look, I'm not sure if you're just not getting it, but I think rap fucking sucks... I think it's absolute garbage. Why would I try and dip my feet in attempting an art-form that I see absolutely no appeal in?
because you're a bookworm huh

would that be implying that the most lyrical form of music is enjoyed primarily by the illiterate

Old 04-11-2018, 09:44 PM   #102
fuzzyroes
Banned

Oh, here's the review of his newest album

On his overtly political ninth studio LP, Eminem is fueled by self-doubt. But with many bland hooks and cringe-worthy punchlines, Revival is another late-career album that does little for his legacy.

https://pitchfork.com/reviews/albums/eminem-revival/

So I mean honestly Reprise, I don't know why it got you so mad when I said he was on a major downswing... The new music is not being received very well. That is a fact.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:45 PM   #103
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
because you're a bookworm huh

would that be implying that the most lyrical form of music is enjoyed primarily by the illiterate
The most beloved rap albums showcase a lot of very aggressive lyricism. I don't know why that's so controversial. Some people might find that it's cool or that it pumps them up, but it does absolutely nothing for me.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #104
Elphenor
Braindead

and then that these illiterate are "urban"

Old 04-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #105
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic

Old 04-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #106
Elphenor
Braindead

yes urban huh

Old 04-11-2018, 09:46 PM   #107
Elphenor
Braindead

BLACK

Old 04-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #108
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

the thread title is appropriate right now

Old 04-11-2018, 09:48 PM   #109
slunken
Virgo

everyone stop trying to tear down fuzzy. let him exist.

not everyone has the same POV as you. get over it.

at a certain point it has more to do with your own insecurities than anything fuzzy actually says.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #110
fuzzyroes
Banned

Say what you will, but there's no other type of music that focuses on life as a criminal than rap music does. Criminality plays a major part in a lot of the biggest rap albums. Obviously there's plenty of rap that doesn't, but there's plenty that does.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:49 PM   #111
Elphenor
Braindead

Quote:
very aggressive lyricism.
I thought you were all about that untamed masculinity

Old 04-11-2018, 09:50 PM   #112
slunken
Virgo

if you hate fuzzy so much why don't you quit facebook

Old 04-11-2018, 09:51 PM   #113
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slunken View Post
everyone stop trying to tear down fuzzy. let him exist.

not everyone has the same POV as you. get over it.

at a certain point it has more to do with your own insecurities than anything fuzzy actually says.
Yeah, I mean, I'll admit, I knew what I initially put would ruffle some feathers, but I honestly feel like people are actually afraid to give their opinions on rap in fear that they'll come across as politically incorrect.

I mean come on, RBG saying that rap has had the biggest impact on humanity than any other music in the history of mankind? No one else sees the absurdity in that? I feel like he may have been just baiting me, but another part of me thinks he may have been sincere.

Old 04-11-2018, 09:52 PM   #114
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
It's just not something that a bookworm from a Canadian suburb can relate with.
What were the last five books you read?

Old 04-11-2018, 09:54 PM   #115
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elphenor View Post
I thought you were all about that untamed masculinity
You know, I don't mind it at times if the musicianship is good. That's basically the main reason for me as to why I don't like rap. The musicianship is always really simplistic. I mean, I love Rage and that's pretty much straight up rap.

I just feel like if you have aggressive music that you really need the thunderous music to back it up... That's why I like a group like Pantera. Often times this angry rap has really subdued music acting as a backing track, and I just don't really get the appeal.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:01 PM   #116
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
What were the last five books you read?
I'd be happy to share that with you

- Gene Simmons On Power: My Journey Through the Corridors of Power and How You Can Get More Power kind of a self-help book on how to make money and gain success and antidotes from other artists that have helped inspire him.

- Leah Remini Troublemaker I really enjoyed this one. It documented her time growing up in Scientology and her tumultuous break from the religion

-Cyndi Lauper A memoir A fascinating look at a women coming of age in the 70's and the chaos of the 80's music scene and the realities of losing fame

- Oliver Stone The Putin Interviews A complete detailed manuscript of his interviews that would later be showcased on the Showtime documentary. The book contains a lot of material that didn't air on the show

- Rex Brown 101% Proof The unfiltered look at the career of Pantera and what really went down with the breakup of the group

Old 04-11-2018, 10:02 PM   #117
slunken
Virgo

fuzzy, you should be proud that you have so many followers that hang onto your every word. find a way to monetize that. start a youtube channel?

Old 04-11-2018, 10:06 PM   #118
fuzzyroes
Banned

I've actually considered the idea of doing podcasts and having local musicians and other artists and public figures on to interview as well as covering sports... Just a bit of everything.

I'm hoping I can sustain and eventually gamble for a living, and then undertake an endeavor like that.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:07 PM   #119
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm also planning on being a tout for other gamblers. I might try and get that worked out before the start of the next NBA season. I don't know anything about setting up an online subscription business or anything. I'll have to hire someone to help me.

Old 04-11-2018, 10:13 PM   #120
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Quote:
- Gene Simmons On Power: My Journey Through the Corridors of Power and How You Can Get More Power kind of a self-help book on how to make money and gain success and antidotes from other artists that have helped inspire him.

- Leah Remini Troublemaker I really enjoyed this one. It documented her time growing up in Scientology and her tumultuous break from the religion

-Cyndi Lauper A memoir A fascinating look at a women coming of age in the 70's and the chaos of the 80's music scene and the realities of losing fame

- Oliver Stone The Putin Interviews A complete detailed manuscript of his interviews that would later be showcased on the Showtime documentary. The book contains a lot of material that didn't air on the show

- Rex Brown 101% Proof The unfiltered look at the career of Pantera and what really went down with the breakup of the group
As a bookworm from a Canadian suburb, how would you say you're able to relate to the content within each of these titles?

I'd be curious to know how you're able to connect with the story of a woman coming of age in the seventies, her experiences within the chaos of the eighties music scene and coming to grips with the reality of losing her fame, for example.