Old 03-27-2018, 07:21 PM   #32
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Old 03-27-2018, 09:41 PM   #33
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
but you are absolutely fine with copy pasting reddit/Donald Trump to the sp section, so please spare me the "I dont' want people who read up on Smashing Pumpkins to be exposed to my un-, under- and misinformed political horseshit."

if you want any of your content gone, you can do the cleaning yourself, there is an edit button you can hit instead of asking for a cleaning lady to do it for you.
Wow... I got served

Old 03-27-2018, 11:22 PM   #34
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
8 days sober today. It feels good. Appreciating the sense of clarity and not feeling tired and like shit.
Enjoy that feeling. Hold on to it. Turn it over in your mind while feeling it in your body. Try to create a strong physical memory of how good it feels, so you can call upon it when you are tempted.

The first few weeks are the hardest. It helped me to start a new habit at the same time. Preferably something fun that’s not a “self help” sort of chore. Example: Not only are you now not drinking, but now you are collecting comics, or something.

I’ve heard gamecubes are pretty cheap right now, might be time to give video games another try

Old 03-27-2018, 11:30 PM   #35
fuzzyroes
Banned

Thanks for the advice. I'm 9 days sober and counting. I've been gaining some realizations and have been getting down to the bottom of why I drink so much and how I'd rely on it as a crutch to cover up confidence or anxiety issues.

One thing that helps me is remembering that I'm in control of my own mind, and if I'm struggling and feeling like drinking I just think " so what, you're too weak? Not in control of your faculties?"and then I think "no man, fuck that". It's sort of like that old adage of the angel and devil on both shoulders. I kind of just look at it as a challenge.

It's been going well, but I've been literally not hanging out with anyone outside of work. I think a big test will be going out with friends and restraining from it. We'll see how it goes. Right now I'm quite honestly taking it 1 day at a time.

But I really am doing a lot more soul searching this time than the last time I tried.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:31 PM   #36
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Also, don’t be afraid to ask someone for help.

And preferably not one of your current “friends.” Think of it this way: the people around you who have let it get this bad have enabled you and have not had your best interests in their hearts. It was very hard for me to give up my drinking buddies. Some of them I can’t even talk to anymore, and haven’t seen them in years and years. Alcoholism is an all-consuming disease and so don’t be surprised (or take it too personally) when your drinking buddies are likely to be more loyal to their own illness than to you

Old 03-27-2018, 11:33 PM   #37
yo soy el mejor

i know why they fight. because they're both chauvinistic rich-boy (aka from well-to-do parents) underachievers who both want others to believe they're the sensitive type and so they accuse the other of what they both are.

meanwhile fuzzyroes is the same (but not with rich parents; just clarifying because he might latch on to this) except way more into the blind 182 mindset and has absolutely no redeeming qualities. at least ryan and johnny seem to have some people who like them.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:36 PM   #38
fuzzyroes
Banned

This might sound weird, but whenever I'd get on the bus, or go somewhere like a town or a city over I'd always have to have a few beers for the journey. Part of it is that I don't have a vehicle right now and taking the bus is always a bit of a shit-show with all of the cretins and non desirables, so drinking a few beers makes me feel more comfortable.

But that's been the one thing I've nipped in the bud. Going out, spending a day out and not drinking a drop. For so long I just felt that alchohol was necessary for social anxiety, and it worked really well for awhile but then it didn't. I actually feel more sociable now that I'm sober... It's kind of weird cause I would've expected and was worried about the total opposite happening.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:38 PM   #39
yo soy el mejor

welcome to the bus

geez

Old 03-27-2018, 11:40 PM   #40
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
Also, don’t be afraid to ask someone for help.

And preferably not one of your current “friends.” Think of it this way: the people around you who have let it get this bad have enabled you and have not had your best interests in their hearts. It was very hard for me to give up my drinking buddies. Some of them I can’t even talk to anymore, and haven’t seen them in years and years. Alcoholism is an all-consuming disease and so don’t be surprised (or take it too personally) when your drinking buddies are likely to be more loyal to their own illness than to you
Yeah, that is a major part of the dilemma... And my friends that aren't drinkers are all major pot heads and I can't smoke pot sober anymore without feeling major rushes of paranoia and anxiety. If I'm drinking and smoking pot then it's fine... But I really just have no sober friends. So it's definitely kind of a lonely predicament.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:43 PM   #41
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post
i know why they fight. because they're both chauvinistic rich-boy (aka from well-to-do parents) underachievers who both want others to believe they're the sensitive type and so they accuse the other of what they both are.

meanwhile fuzzyroes is the same (but not with rich parents; just clarifying because he might latch on to this) except way more into the blind 182 mindset and has absolutely no redeeming qualities. at least ryan and johnny seem to have some people who like them.
That's probably pretty spot on. Certainly we're not too far off in where we are in life and we're obviously both kind of wrestling with the reality of that... And that isn't always easy. So it's always better to try and lift yourself up above others in an attempt to think "well at least I'm not that guy"... But that's a really cancerous train of thought.

Old 03-27-2018, 11:45 PM   #42
fuzzyroes
Banned

( I say sober lightly, because i realize it's only been a little over a week... I suppose you can't even call that "sober" but I'm trying to build upon whatever crumbs I can find)

Old 03-27-2018, 11:47 PM   #43
run2pee
Minion of Satan

We’re all building on our own crumbs, it’s ok

Old 03-27-2018, 11:49 PM   #44
run2pee
Minion of Satan

I’m an introvert so when I stopped drinking I was totally fucked. Suddenly I realized every last friend I’d made in the last decade was through alcohol. I was paralyzed at the thought of being around humans — let alone NEW, strange humans — without at least some booze to grease the interaction

Slowly, slowly, however, I was able to meet myself. I realized there was a personality under the haze, one worth sharing with people in the light of sobriety.

I don’t know what the answer is for you but you gotta find some new people, man

Old 03-27-2018, 11:51 PM   #45
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by yo soy el mejor View Post

based on your personality I may even hazard a guess that there are more people who like me than yourself

Old 03-28-2018, 12:02 AM   #46
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
I’m an introvert so when I stopped drinking I was totally fucked. Suddenly I realized every last friend I’d made in the last decade was through alcohol. I was paralyzed at the thought of being around humans — let alone NEW, strange humans — without at least some booze to grease the interaction
God dude... It's crazy how much I relate to all of that. The thought of actually meeting new friends without a little alcohol seems daunting... I don't even think I've really fully ever done it in my whole adult life... Jeeze... I'm fucked.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:07 AM   #47
run2pee
Minion of Satan

I know man, it’s hard it’s like the worst thing of all time. But you’re gonna do it, you want to live, I can tell.

Is there anyone at all in your life you could at least talk to about how much you want to stop drinking? All it takes is one close relationship where you can feel safe to open up about it

Worst case scenario there’s always AA or whatever the canadians call that shit, it helps some people a lot

Old 03-28-2018, 12:14 AM   #48
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, I have some people to turn to for sure. It might be a little tricky to separate the drinking, but I think it's possible. It might be like walking a tight-rope, but I'm not getting any younger. It's time I take accountability with where I'm at in life as opposed to hiding in the bottom of a bottle hoping that my luck might change.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:15 AM   #49
fuzzyroes
Banned

Anyways, thanks for the talk man. It feels good talking to someone who knows how it feels and has come out the other side.

Old 03-28-2018, 12:20 AM   #50
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Fucken :hugs: man, it’s hard. Anytime you want to talk about it on here, I’m game

Old 03-28-2018, 04:56 AM   #51
Cool As Ice Cream

drinking is cool. don't give up!

Old 03-28-2018, 07:40 AM   #52
FoolofaTook

if your not seeing eels on the ceiling and newts in the walls, your not really drinking.

Old 03-28-2018, 10:46 PM   #53
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I usually drink until I stop seeing shit.

Old 03-28-2018, 11:29 PM   #54
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
I usually drink until I stop seeing shit.
I want to drink with you

Old 03-29-2018, 08:04 AM   #55
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Sure, you pay.

Old 03-29-2018, 11:49 AM   #56
pinetree
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Sure, you pay.
anything for you. what do you like?

Old 03-29-2018, 11:58 AM   #57
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Women

Old 03-29-2018, 04:00 PM   #58
FoolofaTook

Old 03-29-2018, 07:32 PM   #59
slunken
Virgo

i'll never forget in a magazine in the 90s (probably rolling stone) there was a short list of steven tyler's favorite drinks and he listed "vulva nectar"

Old 03-29-2018, 07:33 PM   #60
slunken
Virgo