Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2017, 12:59 AM   #3361
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

did I mention the part where I put a 4 ft x 4 ft square of cardboard on the ground with cat food in the center and then poured an entire bag of flour around it?

Old 09-20-2017, 01:05 AM   #3362
buzzard
Minion of Satan

I'm wondering if his time away was to protest the odd focus upon feline cuisine.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:07 AM   #3363
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

hahaha

I'm glad he's home. Those sound like the sort of harebrained schemes I would get up to, to locate a lost pet.

Old 09-20-2017, 01:12 AM   #3364
redbreegull

suddenly I am feeling how my legs and feet feel like jelly, I am starving and dehydrated and exhausted... I think I am gonna crash now. will explain errrrything tomorrow XOXO

Old 09-20-2017, 01:16 AM   #3365
Ram27
dumb

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
My dog was just missing for two days. I honestly feel like the last time I posted here was a lifetime ago because the last two days were something out of an eternal nightmare. Tonight he came home. Maybe I will tell the whole tale tomorrow.... in the last 48 hours I have walked/run what I estimate to be 20-25 miles and driven 50 (in a 5 mile radius of my apartment). I spent $250 dollars on the search. I mixed cat food into water to create a "slurry." I was almost ticketed by a cop for littering for scattering a mile-long trail of cut up 1 inch squares of my dirty socks and underpants on the ground. I have only slept 2 hours and ate and drank nothing except a small amount of water. I let my antidepressant prescrip refill expire so I have been off my shit and it's makin' me feel all kinds of funny. But my boy is home tonight and honestly I am in delirious happy shock and I don't even know if this is real life
so glad to hear your pup is back. i can't imagine what i'd do if mine ran away

post pupper pics pls

Old 09-20-2017, 01:39 AM   #3366
vixnix
Socialphobic

Location: we are champions, bathed in the heat of a thousand flame wars in the grim future of the internet there is only netphoria

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
Sorry for your idiot husband vix.
He's a pretty good guy, all things considered.

he usually says that stuff to rile me up, for his own amusement

fucken douchebag

Old 09-20-2017, 02:41 AM   #3367
FoolofaTook

Got called a heroin addict and a prison bitch to my face at work.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:48 AM   #3368
vixnix
Socialphobic

Still, is it somewhat intriguing to work with actual knuckle draggers?

Old 09-20-2017, 02:51 AM   #3369
vixnix
Socialphobic

I always thought it would be so handy to not need a hat in the rain. The water just drains right off that heavy brow.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #3370
FoolofaTook

One is a former ganster (18th street). The other is a nordic anglosaxonix swinish type.

A place will be found, for both of them, in the Greater Serbian Galactic Empire.

Old 09-20-2017, 07:48 AM   #3371
FoolofaTook

Btw neg rep from noonoo = pos rep yes?

Old 09-20-2017, 08:02 AM   #3372
FoolofaTook

What do you do for a living Vixnix?

Not sure what you mean by actual knuckle draggers? I have never been a fighter, nor do I want tp be.

And I have met many bullies. In childhood, in six trips to jail, and in prison where they stomped my teeth in. Nothing new.

Old 09-20-2017, 08:05 AM   #3373
FoolofaTook

Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlamingGlobes View Post
itt Took is being a cunt.
True.

I don't know what is wrong with me. Labelle has always been super nice to me and put up with a lot of my crap. maybe i am really evil in a pathetic apologetic abject sort of way.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:12 AM   #3374
vixnix
Socialphobic

I eat detergent and make fart bubbles on the internet for a living. It doesn't earn much so I suppose you could say it's more of a passion project.

Labelle made me ask some hard questions about art without an audience and it makes me wonder, do I still have an audience of nobody is watching the live stream?

Because you know. I'm giving the audience an opportunity to see it and technically they are there. I mean at what point would you say my fart bubbles are actualising??

Old 09-20-2017, 09:23 AM   #3375
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
I eat detergent and make fart bubbles on the internet for a living. It doesn't earn much so I suppose you could say it's more of a passion project.

Labelle made me ask some hard questions about art without an audience and it makes me wonder, do I still have an audience of nobody is watching the live stream?

Because you know. I'm giving the audience an opportunity to see it and technically they are there. I mean at what point would you say my fart bubbles are actualising??
LOL

Old 09-20-2017, 09:57 AM   #3376
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Today was my last day of physical therapy ( for my back). Hopefully I won't be back there any time soon.

I do feel much better (physically) than I did a month ago.

Old 09-20-2017, 09:58 AM   #3377
redbreegull

I am tempted to say that an artist can be their own audience because I do believe there are people who create art simply for their own private enjoyment... but the relationship between the part of you which is creating and the part which is absorbing is not really the same at all as the relationship between the part of you which is creating and the part of someone else who is absorbing

Old 09-20-2017, 09:59 AM   #3378
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by vixnix View Post
My husband was fine until he hit 35

Now he looks at himself in the mirror and says sadly "I don't think young women find me attractive anymore"
Stupid fucking men!

Dump him and get a girlfriend!

Old 09-20-2017, 10:00 AM   #3379
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

You don't need an audience to make art. That's like saying until someone looks at a painting of listens to a song it has no value.

Old 09-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #3380
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

well that's the point in question here, yes

Old 09-20-2017, 10:32 AM   #3381
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

"if a tree falls in the forest", if you will

Old 09-20-2017, 10:33 AM   #3382
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
I am tempted to say that an artist can be their own audience because I do believe there are people who create art simply for their own private enjoyment... but the relationship between the part of you which is creating and the part which is absorbing is not really the same at all as the relationship between the part of you which is creating and the part of someone else who is absorbing
If they themselves get enjoyment and can interpret it in a number of ways at different points in their lives, don't that make the artist themselves an audience of sorts?

Old 09-20-2017, 10:35 AM   #3383
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottytheoneand View Post
You don't need an audience to make art. That's like saying until someone looks at a painting of listens to a song it has no value.
Well people love to say songs and paintings that are well regarded and appreciated by many have no value... lol

Old 09-20-2017, 10:36 AM   #3384
LaBelle
Socialphobic

I just love how people can give definitive answers and not qualify it as their opinion something that has been in debate for a really long time with no real good answer.

Keep up keepin' up, I guess.

Old 09-20-2017, 12:33 PM   #3385
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
did I mention the part where I put a 4 ft x 4 ft square of cardboard on the ground with cat food in the center and then poured an entire bag of flour around it?
wiccans, am i right?

Old 09-20-2017, 01:09 PM   #3386
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
If they themselves get enjoyment and can interpret it in a number of ways at different points in their lives, don't that make the artist themselves an audience of sorts?
Apologies if this has been discussed to death elsewhere here, of if I am missing the point entirely. But:

An obvious problem I have with the artist-as-true-audience model is the artist's awareness of his/her intentions, process, attempted address of various problems, and history involved in the production of a piece. The artist can't observe the art without a certain knowledge, and possession of that knowledge — or lack thereof — is what separates artist from true audience.

That isn't to say an audience couldn't have some understanding of the above — reading an artist's statement, for example, prior knowledge of the artist's philosophy, etc. But obviously that's no substitute for actually being in the artists mind and having undertaken the creative act first-hand. The massive gulf of what is essentially "experience" separates a true audience from an artist-as-observer. Unlike the artist, a "true" audience has some innocence with which it can approach the art. I'd argue that possession of that innocence defines the separation.

With the passing of time (as Labelle mentions), an artist grows progressively distant from that initial first-hand sense of intention, and moves closer toward the true audience end of the spectrum (but can never fully arrive).

To the other point, no way does an artist need an audience to create art or "be" an artist. And that's because of reasons.

Old 09-20-2017, 02:00 PM   #3387
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Sure, people can think of themselves however they like.

I'm a world class architect/interior designer because I think my sims house looks dope.

Old 09-20-2017, 03:19 PM   #3388
Elphenor
Braindead

Art for arts sake, if you build it they will come

you're compromised as an artist once you consider the audience, they don't matter, that's why they're the audience and not the artist

Old 09-20-2017, 03:22 PM   #3389
Elphenor
Braindead

HOW'S IT GOING SAN FRANSISCOOO

ROCKING THE GREATEST CITY IN THE WORLD TONIGHT

Old 09-20-2017, 03:23 PM   #3390
cork_soaker
full of longing

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
Sure, people can think of themselves however they like.

I'm a world class architect/interior designer because I think my sims house looks dope.
it has nothing to do with the label, but rather the honesty of the action

your example pursuit has zero honesty