Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2020, 01:46 PM   #181
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God
 
GreenDogGlynis's Avatar
 
Posts: 338
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklahoma Sexual View Post
How so, didn't watch it
There's a battle currently going on in the other thread if you want more details. Basically, instead of sharing good memories of the recording (which to an extent there was) and talked all about how they were playing characters who were cleverly fooling and provoking everyone. I didn't get it and it seems like it would have done everyone a lot of good to just have some fun reminiscing instead pedaling more nonsense

 
GreenDogGlynis is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:36 PM   #182
brothahi4L
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Posts: 1,078
Default

What are ya talking about.




What areyou talking about?

Keep your language simpler, please. We have some Deutsche, Africans and Asian fans here too...so please

 
brothahi4L is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 02:40 PM   #183
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster
 
houseofglass11's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,818
Default

So Billy saying he was suicidal confirmed to be just to sell records by Billy himself.

 
houseofglass11 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2020, 08:28 PM   #184
Oklahoma Sexual
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Oklahoma Sexual's Avatar
 
Posts: 1,315
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDogGlynis View Post
There's a battle currently going on in the other thread if you want more details. Basically, instead of sharing good memories of the recording (which to an extent there was) and talked all about how they were playing characters who were cleverly fooling and provoking everyone. I didn't get it and it seems like it would have done everyone a lot of good to just have some fun reminiscing instead pedaling more nonsense
thanks. was avoiding reading that thread because of exactly what you've stated here. more nonsense and revisionist history.

there is simply no humility with b'arcy.

 
Oklahoma Sexual is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:18 PM   #185
majesty
Pledge
 
majesty's Avatar
 
Posts: 78
Default

Just here to congratulate myself for getting out at Zwan

 
majesty is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 06:56 PM   #186
jakobtheliar
Demi-God
 
jakobtheliar's Avatar
 
Location: a house in new orleans
Posts: 347
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustrocck View Post
"I'll always be your whore" would have worked better.
Or
"Last coffin nailed."

 
jakobtheliar is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 07:11 PM   #187
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: “Honkie.” - yo soy
Posts: 2,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
So Billy saying he was suicidal confirmed to be just to sell records by Billy himself.
He saw Cobain, Weiland, Reznor and Cornell do it and though “oh I want to be one of the cool kids!!”

 
ninsp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 08:47 PM   #188
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
enthusaroo's Avatar
 
Location: ameriKKKa
Posts: 1,826
Default

Billy announced "MCIS and Machina 2" just to sell Cyr.. presale numbers must be pretty low

 
enthusaroo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 10:11 PM   #189
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster
 
Location: “Honkie.” - yo soy
Posts: 2,969
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by enthusaroo View Post
Billy announced "MCIS and Machina 2" just to sell Cyr.. presale numbers must be pretty low
Nobody in their right mind gives a shit about Cyr Volume 3 Oh So Bright by Kaleidoscope

We just want a proper Machina II to end our fandom

 
ninsp is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:41 PM   #190
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster
 
enthusaroo's Avatar
 
Location: ameriKKKa
Posts: 1,826
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Nobody in their right mind gives a shit about Cyr Volume 3 Oh So Bright by Kaleidoscope

We just want a proper Machina II to end our fandom
casual fans will equate Cyr with being the so-called "sequel" that Billy was talking about in the news.. they don't read between the lines.. Billy is a moderate marketing genius but makes shit music in this era

 
enthusaroo is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2020, 11:48 PM   #191
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster
 
houseofglass11's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,818
Default

how likely is it that this MCIS sequel never comes to fruition much like the way Teargarden was abandoned?

 
houseofglass11 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:13 AM   #192
Rider
Minion of Satan
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler
Posts: 9,526
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitaldust View Post
No, not anger. Just advocating against unwarranted cruelty towards another human being and the invalidation of their lived experiences. It's not ironic.
It's not unwarranted though. As I said he has been a narcissistic abusive dick to basically everyone I know who has ever been anywhere near his radius.

 
Rider is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 05:34 AM   #193
Rider
Minion of Satan
 
Rider's Avatar
 
Location: I was born a snake handler, and I'll die a snake handler
Posts: 9,526
Default

Quote:
i found it interesting when he mentioned very honestly, that all those original SP run records were written as if from the point of view of a "character", and not directly about his own person. he said that he himself would never have been strong enough to present his own exposed self. he said something along the lines of, what he writes is sort of fiction relating to a character that is not personally him - but it all draws heavily from his experiences. but when people criticize SD lyrics, they still weren't criticizing "him", because he was putting forward a character so that that could be sacrificed.
.

 
Rider is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2020, 04:39 PM   #194
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster
 
houseofglass11's Avatar
 
Posts: 3,818
Default

Oh Christ don’t get vitaldust started again

 
houseofglass11 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 08:21 AM   #195
slippedonshoe
Pledge
 
Posts: 61
Default

Shiny spent just one week in the us album charts peaking at a paltry 54. Why do they even bother?

 
slippedonshoe is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2020, 11:38 AM   #196
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by slippedonshoe View Post
Shiny spent just one week in the us album charts peaking at a paltry 54. Why do they even bother?
To keep the engine running and indulge Billy.

Billy writes songs he thinks sound like contemporary pop hits and showcases his lovely singing vocals, because that is the level of delusion he is at.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 06:58 PM   #197
croPUMPKINS
Ownz
 
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 628
Default

Man, I really don't know anymore.
Leading to break up, I thought everything this band does is turned to gold. Machina was like worst effort, but even there we had some great shit like Stand inside....

Then came Zwan and I was bummed, I was like 'wtf is this crap!? It had Jim and Bill, never thought it can get this bad.

Then came Zeitgeist, kept my fingers crossed after Zwan train wreck...
But hell... Magic was back!!!
Doomsday, Starz, USA, Tarantula, That' s the way, 7 shades...ppl liked bashing, but that was a serious album.
In fact, BAM! We additionaly got some of the best stuff in TSP history in Gossamer, SC, Death from above...

Jimmy leaves, Bill goes almost to Zwan form with an highschooler and some Kaleidoshit songs, but when I though t he lost it - we get really decent Oceania.

He fires Karate kid, I hope for the best, but he adds Jim and James and they all record some of the most uninspired, boring shit ever. Something so boring I can't make myself listen to longer than 3 songs!?

Has he def lost it!?!?
Is this another chapter of up and down history??
Who knows.

Saddly, we are all forced losing our time listening to shit since 2000, cause each time we wrote him off, he would actually pht a spell of magic to some magnificent shit.

The queation is, how long will this shit period last for this time around.

 
croPUMPKINS is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 07:08 PM   #198
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,409
Default

Pls

Zwan >>>>>>>>>> Zeitgeist.

Even just based on Mary Star.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 09:30 PM   #199
smashingjj
fucking eh!
 
smashingjj's Avatar
 
Location: mtv spring break hosted by pauly d
Posts: 36,137
Default

NUKE CROATIA!

 
smashingjj is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2020, 10:27 PM   #200
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL
 
reprise85's Avatar
 
Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face
Posts: 32,200
Default

well now that I know that CROPUMPKINS is in the Death From Above Is The Shit club I am questioning myself

 
reprise85 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:06 AM   #201
TheAlter
Demi-God
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave, Chicago the year is 1993
Posts: 446
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rider View Post
i found it interesting when he mentioned very honestly, that all those original SP run records were written as if from the point of view of a "character", and not directly about his own person. he said that he himself would never have been strong enough to present his own exposed self. he said something along the lines of, what he writes is sort of fiction relating to a character that is not personally him - but it all draws heavily from his experiences. but when people criticize SD lyrics, they still weren't criticizing "him", because he was putting forward a character so that that could be sacrificed.
His attempt to rewrite the original run of the band to accommodate his current narrative of the neoconservative business and family man (or whatever the fuck he's trying to do right now) is pathetic and probably a lie. He was a 20 year old kid from the Chicago suburbs with little knowledge and a great talent.

I mean, even the sound of the band was a happy accident. Let's not forget all those bands had little time to plot anything, they got caught in the big wave of alternative music and there they went.

Last edited by TheAlter : 11-04-2020 at 05:14 AM.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:20 AM   #202
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
His attempt to rewrite the original run of the band to accommodate his current narrative of the neoconservative business and family man (or whatever the fuck he's trying to do right now) is pathetic and probably a lie.
.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 05:44 AM   #203
Ram27
dumb
 
Ram27's Avatar
 
Location: corgan cult
Posts: 8,772
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
His attempt to rewrite the original run of the band to accommodate his current narrative of the neoconservative business and family man (or whatever the fuck he's trying to do right now) is pathetic and probably a lie. He was a 20 year old kid from the Chicago suburbs with little knowledge and a great talent.

I mean, even the sound of the band was a happy accident. Let's not forget all those bands had little time to plot anything, they got caught in the big wave of alternative music and there they went.
Also....does it even fucking matter? Like -- I've never met Billy. I don't know Billy.

So if he's writing from a character that he invented, that may as well be him for all I know or care, because the only thing I know about Billy is that he is the Pumpkin man who wrote the songs



~~~~~~

Quote:
his current narrative of the neoconservative business and family man
this is exactly what his current persona is. perfect way to word it

 
Ram27 is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 09:03 AM   #204
croPUMPKINS
Ownz
 
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
Pls

Zwan >>>>>>>>>> Zeitgeist.

Even just based on Mary Star.

Now that is the sarcasm I value

 
croPUMPKINS is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:14 AM   #205
incubator
Ownz
 
Posts: 971
Default

Hello fellow Zeitgeist Truther

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:18 AM   #206
croPUMPKINS
Ownz
 
Location: Zagreb, Croatia
Posts: 628
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
well now that I know that CROPUMPKINS is in the Death From Above Is The Shit club I am questioning myself
Karate Mike is that you?

You too likes DFA?


Please elaborate

 
croPUMPKINS is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:48 AM   #207
incubator
Ownz
 
Posts: 971
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by croPUMPKINS View Post
Man, I really don't know anymore.
Leading to break up, I thought everything this band does is turned to gold. Machina was like worst effort, but even there we had some great shit like Stand inside....

Then came Zwan and I was bummed, I was like 'wtf is this crap!? It had Jim and Bill, never thought it can get this bad.

Then came Zeitgeist, kept my fingers crossed after Zwan train wreck...
But hell... Magic was back!!!
Doomsday, Starz, USA, Tarantula, That' s the way, 7 shades...ppl liked bashing, but that was a serious album.
In fact, BAM! We additionaly got some of the best stuff in TSP history in Gossamer, SC, Death from above...

Jimmy leaves, Bill goes almost to Zwan form with an highschooler and some Kaleidoshit songs, but when I though t he lost it - we get really decent Oceania.

He fires Karate kid, I hope for the best, but he adds Jim and James and they all record some of the most uninspired, boring shit ever. Something so boring I can't make myself listen to longer than 3 songs!?

Has he def lost it!?!?
Is this another chapter of up and down history??
Who knows.

Saddly, we are all forced losing our time listening to shit since 2000, cause each time we wrote him off, he would actually pht a spell of magic to some magnificent shit.

The queation is, how long will this shit period last for this time around.
They switch around sounds a lot. Some will work for you, some wont. Widow Wake My Mind is good but it's no surprise that people who want more Rat In A Cage aren't going to get it.

The Cyr songs are kinda boring but as WPC said, that's on purpose and part of the concept. It's an album that's designed to reward patience and devotion.

 
incubator is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #208
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster
 
VoxUpDoc's Avatar
 
Posts: 2,409
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by croPUMPKINS View Post
Now that is the sarcasm I value
I'm lukewarm on Mary Star.

But it's a ton better than Shitegeist.*

*copyright Woody 2020 pls do not use my material without permission.

 
VoxUpDoc is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 02:20 PM   #209
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
Cool As Ice Cream's Avatar
 
Location: František! How's the foot of your turtle?
Posts: 32,099
Default

I'm lukewarm on Mary Star.

But it's a ton better than Shitegeist.

 
Cool As Ice Cream is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2020, 03:47 PM   #210
TheAlter
Demi-God
 
TheAlter's Avatar
 
Location: Purple house on N. Greenview Ave, Chicago the year is 1993
Posts: 446
Default



The cringing devotion in WPC circle is truly something to behold. And this is off WPC instagram stories! smh

Last edited by TheAlter : 11-04-2020 at 03:53 PM.

 
TheAlter is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
poll: is fuzzyroes sentient? redbreegull General Chat Message Board 350 06-13-2019 05:05 PM
shit fuckers can type! sickbadthing General Chat Message Board 60 05-23-2019 11:18 AM
can somebody explain okcupid to me Order 66 General Chat Message Board 473 04-02-2019 04:55 PM
Man found nailed to cross, singing ChristHimself! General Chat Archive 10 02-27-2008 02:26 PM
So who here trips? Banana General Chat Archive 21 01-26-2008 12:45 AM


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:56 AM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright © 1998-2020