Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-21-2020, 06:01 AM   #5821
Woody
Apocalyptic Poster

If Billy was higher profile he’d have been “cancelled” about 5x times over by the social media glitterati. Might’ve been good for him, or at least funny for us.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:43 PM   #5822
RenewRevive
Apocalyptic Poster

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDogGlynis View Post
It's hilarious that because he sold a few cds that he actually thinks he's better than other people, and it's also funny that he thinks he would actually be able to win a fight. I've tried to give Billy the benefit of the doubt at every turn but this is just inexcusable.
No excuses from me, that's for sure.

Old 11-21-2020, 02:40 PM   #5823
GreenDogGlynis
Demi-God

Oh so that response was fake? Lol, sorry, Billy.

Old 11-21-2020, 03:32 PM   #5824
TheAlter
Pledge

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreenDogGlynis View Post
Oh so that response was fake? Lol, sorry, Billy.
Was it fake or not? Cmon people cut the crap!

Old 11-21-2020, 05:39 PM   #5825
Rens
Pledge

Location: Jimmy left his creativity in the discarded needles from the overdose. Change my mind.

Quote:
level 1
CleanVegetable
34 points
·
1 day ago
I was on a fucking site years ago, basically people sharing nice or nasty personal encounters with celebrities. This one guy said he worked at a venue that Billy Corgan played at, and he complimented him after the show and Billy apparently spat in his face.

Old 11-21-2020, 06:46 PM   #5826
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

"apparently"

yeah, not too hard to imagine that

william "llama" patrick o'corrigan
petition to rename wpc to "billama corgan" - signed

Old 11-21-2020, 06:48 PM   #5827
RenewRevive
Apocalyptic Poster

Yeah that would be an asshole move even for Billy so i call b.s. on that one.

My favourite asshole Billy story is when he was in a restaurant with Sharon Osborne etc, back when she managed the band. Her daughter (not Kelly, the older one) asked Billy to move so she could get past him and he says "i don't move for anybody" lol. ordinarily I'd think this was indefensible but seeing at is was the Osborne's I'm Team Billy on this one!

Old 11-21-2020, 06:54 PM   #5828
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

When the Devi thing happened there was a lgbtq based site that reported on it. In the comment section there was someone recounting the time they accidentally bumped into Billy, I think possibly at a museum in Chicago. The person had dropped some artwork they were working on. Billy apparently said "watch where you're fucking going" and stepped on the artwork. Lol

Old 11-21-2020, 07:24 PM   #5829
Shallowed
Braindead

I saw Billy at a grocery store once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.

Old 11-21-2020, 09:50 PM   #5830
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

At one of the Q&As for the In Plainsong tour, (I bought VIP for like $50 day of show lol) I asked Billy if Zeitgeist would ever come out on vinyl and he told me that “that was a stupid question, nobody likes that album, why would I waste time on it”

Asshole

Old 11-21-2020, 09:55 PM   #5831
thedeadofnight
Ownz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
I saw Billy at a grocery store once. I told him how cool it was to meet him in person, but I didn’t want to be a douche and bother him and ask him for photos or anything. He said, “Oh, like you’re doing now?” I was taken aback, and all I could say was “Huh?” but he kept cutting me off and going “huh? huh? huh?” and closing his hand shut in front of my face. I walked away and continued with my shopping, and I heard him chuckle as I walked off. When I came to pay for my stuff up front I saw him trying to walk out the doors with like fifteen Milky Ways in his hands without paying. The girl at the counter was very nice about it and professional, and was like “Sir, you need to pay for those first.” At first he kept pretending to be tired and not hear her, but eventually turned back around and brought them to the counter. When she took one of the bars and started scanning it multiple times, he stopped her and told her to scan them each individually “to prevent any electrical infetterence,” and then turned around and winked at me. I don’t even think that’s a word. After she scanned each bar and put them in a bag and started to say the price, he kept interrupting her by yawning really loudly.
Did he chuckle and....hehehe.....pinch your....tehehehe pinch ya nipple?? Yaoooo nippeh!!

Old 11-21-2020, 09:59 PM   #5832
Shallowed
Braindead

yes

Old 11-21-2020, 10:04 PM   #5833
thedeadofnight
Ownz

You lucky stungun you how abbreviation conformed to modernity in your stunning choice of affectionate loving of one walliam patrice glue gun haha

Old 11-21-2020, 10:39 PM   #5834
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody View Post
I swear there is a cycle with this guy when promoting records, there are these grounded, candid interviews where he seems normal, then he'll do some alternative interviews (or IG recently) where he'll be an absolute heel, usually the record comes out and bombs, and then he goes all out attacking any collaborators or the industry or the fans and is a grade A tool... then he'll do some none-music related press and we loop back round to a down-to-earth normal candid interview where he seems well-adjusted and talks about his next project. And occasionally he'll throw in that he was intentionally playing a character when he said this or that. Which is doubtful.

If he's genuinely unhappy then that sucks for him, but he's said and done things which have impacted others negatively so a bit hypocritical for him to claim a forum or a random social media account is bullying him.
No, you have it all wrong.

He’s always “playing a character” and “being the guy you think I am” and “using myself as a battering ram” against peoples expectations. This is all performance art, you fool!!!!

hahahahahahahahaha.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:44 PM   #5835
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Run To Me View Post
It truly appears that billy corgan not only checks netphoria, but reads it more carefully than most of us do
I’m still convinced he posted here as solaraflame.

Last edited by johncg : 11-21-2020 at 11:08 PM.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:53 PM   #5836
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheAlter View Post
1. I believe he never allowed people around him to say anything about his work. Listen to the MCIS home demos for example. Most of the songs are pretty much identical to the final version (obviously with different instruments). Kudos to his former musical genius It probably could only work for so long.
Those songs were written at the peak of an intense 4-5 year period of being so desperate for success that he was constantly taking in feedback from club audiences, brilliant producers like Butch, and his bandmates (especially D’Arcy who by his own account had the “highest taste.”) It’s definitely his own work but I do think it makes a huge difference to consider how much his songwriting was shaped by the humility he was forced to have by needing success early in his career. The songs he wrote back then were multidimensional and rich in scope. By comparison, the songs he writes now are very bland and unidimensional often based on just one sound or mood. I think the reason for that is he isn’t taking in all those outside influences anymore. Billy’s problem is that his arrogance tells him it was all his genius all along, and he still thinks he can be great on his own. No one is great on their own. Great music and great songs are shaped by entire cultures, not singular individuals.

Old 11-21-2020, 10:59 PM   #5837
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
Just sayin... there’s so many excellent posts in this thread. Deep insightful stuff pointing out the irony, ridiculousness, and hypocrisy of that which is Billy Corgan. Holding him accountable and holding him to a higher standard. He is his own worst enemy and he brings 99% of this stuff upon himself. I’d much rather have this, Netphoria, than any other syncophant droll fan forum following and praising him like numb sheep. I truly believe that if Billy was a pumpkins fan he would be hanging out here rather than any other fanboy website like sad machines. His personality meshes more with Netphoria than any other fan site there ever was. Netphoria is a cancer? Fuck off.
He can’t stand Netphoria because we consistently call him out on his shit. And we remember EVERYTHING.

Fuck Billy. He’s the biggest bully in alt rock by far. He’s ruined people’s lives whom he worked close with and threatens to sue anyone who makes him look bad in public. He has no moral high ground to stand on whatsoever.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:02 PM   #5838
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reyngel View Post
Maybe Billy will blame low album sales/interest on being “shadowbanned
I think the phrase he actually used was “digitally assassinated.” lol

Old 11-21-2020, 11:08 PM   #5839
johncg
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isohedron View Post
“Fealty.” Lol what a pretentious fucktard.

Maybe we’ll get a great new Corgan song title out of this one:

“Feel Tea”

“Feel T”

“FeelTEE”

“Behold! The Fealty”

Old 11-21-2020, 11:15 PM   #5840
Ram27
who's jimmy

Quote:
I swear there is a cycle with this guy when promoting records, there are these grounded, candid interviews where he seems normal, then....
this is spot on. especially around 2017 when the early stages of the reunion were happening, his kid was born, etc etc

Quote:
Originally Posted by johncg View Post
Those songs were written at the peak of an intense 4-5 year period of being so desperate for success that he was constantly taking in feedback from club audiences, brilliant producers like Butch, and his bandmates (especially D’Arcy who by his own account had the “highest taste.”) It’s definitely his own work but I do think it makes a huge difference to consider how much his songwriting was shaped by the humility he was forced to have by needing success early in his career. The songs he wrote back then were multidimensional and rich in scope. By comparison, the songs he writes now are very bland and unidimensional often based on just one sound or mood. I think the reason for that is he isn’t taking in all those outside influences anymore. Billy’s problem is that his arrogance tells him it was all his genius all along, and he still thinks he can be great on his own. No one is great on their own. Great music and great songs are shaped by entire cultures, not singular individuals.
they never ever test songs out live anymore, right?

like those couple of atlanta shows during the SD sessions...or of course the double door shows. i mean even back then the songs were practically impeccable, but you can still hear them working out parts or rough edges

ugh. and i can even get if they don't wanna constantly tour, but fuck me in the ass bill - at least play a fucking gig at zuzus before going into the studio for 9 months in a row while reworking and binning and rerecording and working on the christmas album sequel machina followup LP1 series

it does make sense though! because the music isn't for others. it's not to make people happy or elicit joy in an audience. it's for bill to prove some convoluted bullshit point

Old 11-21-2020, 11:16 PM   #5841
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

fealty? confirmed, vitaldust is billy.

Old 11-21-2020, 11:18 PM   #5842
Ram27
who's jimmy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Isohedron View Post
i hate you so much you stupid stupid fucking bastard

the only reason anyone ever picked up a guitar or wrote a song or composed a poem or read a book is the fucking FINANCIAL INCENTIVE

stupid fucking cunt. jesus fucking christ.

Old 11-22-2020, 03:26 AM   #5843
pavementtune

Location: I'm a quitter. I come from a long line of quitters. It's amazing I'm here at all.

Collectivist systems, such as... capitalism?
And his preferred ideological frame is selling out?

Got it, good point, William.

Old 11-22-2020, 10:27 AM   #5844
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by pavementtune View Post
Collectivist systems, such as... capitalism?
And his preferred ideological frame is selling out?

Got it, good point, William.
Correct. He’s just admitting he only did anything with SP was to sell millions of records. Nothing’s genuine. I do believe it was different in the 90s for the band but yeah it sucks to hear him say this stupid shit.

Old 11-22-2020, 12:07 PM   #5845
incubator
Ownz

You don’t think I read netphoria you piece of shit? You absolute pig ugly pencil dick fucker. Yeah I know all about you and your brother in law Gary and your stupid fake interviews and Instagram messages trying to make me look like a prat. You prize fucking pillock. You don’t think I can get your info from IG or Netphoria? Your band fucking SUCKS good luck selling your shitty album. Meanwhile I’m making videos with women you couldn’t fucking dream of. Goth models from Instagram young loser. Good news though you’re going to get to meet your idol (me) soon. In court. Fuck you. Play stupid games win stupid prizes idiot. Click here to purchase an exclusive Cyr hoodie and sticker set.

Old 11-22-2020, 01:47 PM   #5846
inkless
Demi-God

it's too much

Old 11-22-2020, 02:03 PM   #5847
houseofglass11
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by incubator View Post
You don’t think I read netphoria you piece of shit? You absolute pig ugly pencil dick fucker. Yeah I know all about you and your brother in law Gary and your stupid fake interviews and Instagram messages trying to make me look like a prat. You prize fucking pillock. You don’t think I can get your info from IG or Netphoria? Your band fucking SUCKS good luck selling your shitty album. Meanwhile I’m making videos with women you couldn’t fucking dream of. Goth models from Instagram young loser. Good news though you’re going to get to meet your idol (me) soon. In court. Fuck you. Play stupid games win stupid prizes idiot. Click here to purchase an exclusive Cyr hoodie and sticker set.
What the fucking FUCK did you just say about Billy Corgan? I’ll have you know I’m a member of a highly trained tactical group of elite level SP fans. We can cut you down at any time. Go back to the basement with the rest of Netphoria’s soy filled beta males. You’ve just opened to gates of Armageddon bud. I’ve seen what you say about me on your little circle jerk forum. I bet you wake up in cold sweats thinking about me stalking your every move. You just fucked up royally. Click here to order every single colored vinyl variation of Cyr.

Old 11-22-2020, 02:08 PM   #5848
Cool As Ice Cream
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by houseofglass11 View Post
What the fucking FUCK did you just say about Billy Corgan? I’ll have you know I’m a member of a highly trained tactical group of elite level SP fans. We can cut you down at any time. Go back to the basement with the rest of Netphoria’s soy filled beta males. You’ve just opened to gates of Armageddon bud. I’ve seen what you say about me on your little circle jerk forum. I bet you wake up in cold sweats thinking about me stalking your every move. You just fucked up royally. Click here to order every single colored vinyl variation of Cyr.
needs more "gorilla warfare"

Old 11-22-2020, 03:20 PM   #5849
incubator
Ownz

The most disturbing thing is how WPC doesn’t use the weird flowery language at all when he’s mad. It was the same with the Devi Ever stufff. Unbelievable

Old 11-22-2020, 03:33 PM   #5850
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
He's the worst.

Also, socialism has become a right-wing boogeyman and the sentence "all collectivist systems require fealty to one ideological frame" is literally a meaningless statement.
Actually, socialism is a leftwing Deux ex Machina. And, no, that phrase isn't meaningless at all. I recommend you reading Ludwig von Mises, Murray Rothbard, Thomas Sowell, Ayn Rand +