Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-20-2020, 01:13 PM   #1351
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

And the only reason Republicans control so many state delegations, is because in 2010 midterm they took control of half a dozen more State legislatures, which in turn drew new Federal Congressional districts, therefore gerrymandering STates like Wisconsin and Michigan so that Democrats would not be able to win a majority of the House or State delegations, even though Dems tend to get more votes in those States.

If Trump manages to stay in office in this scenario it will be because the Koch Bros. funded a $1billion campaign to take over State legislatures in the 2010 election. They viewed State level districting as the key to controlling the Federal government

Old 11-20-2020, 01:15 PM   #1352
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

The 2020 election results are now in the hands of probably less than 12 appointed local Republican elections board officials in 3 states. And all they need to do is refuse to certify ballots in a couple of counties

Old 11-20-2020, 01:18 PM   #1353
Run To Me
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
he's looking for all the weak points in the election system. County and state election boards are political appointees. I'm not surprised he's going after these people, who are typically local party nut jobs. These are the people he's been calling on the phone and putting pressure on to refuse to certify ballots. If he fails at this now, in 4 or 8 years he or some other republican will be better prepared and they'll engage in an even worse effort to sabotage the election.

Any half competent fascist would have planned this out in advance and positioned their own sycophants in these county party positions to control the certification of the vote. But he doesn't seem to see that many steps ahead and is scrambling now. I guess that's good for us that he's wildly incompetent when he needs a specific outcome.

The good thing is that the courts haven't indulged any of his ridiculous lawsuits.
Hmmm appears trump has been talking specifically and repeatedly at his rallies about the congressional outcome “where we have the advantage.”

The comical business of Rudy’s Total Four Seasons Press Conferences could very well be a sideshow for the media and the fans. My feeling is that, meanwhile, some very sharp constitutional lawyers with arcane knowledge of the dark arts have been working very hard for a very long time to send the election to the house if trump failed the vote

Old 11-20-2020, 01:44 PM   #1354
Run To Me
Minion of Satan

Today i want to leave this country more than i ever have in my life. But we are trapped here for now

The republicans fucked us, and i will never forgive them for this

Old 11-20-2020, 02:01 PM   #1355
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Four years ago, if somebody had told me that a U.S. president who lost an election would be making multiple efforts to overturn its results and maintain power, I'd had said that that's nice, but that the United States is a consolidated democracy with multiple layers of institutions to prevent such an effort from being anything more than a joke, as well as a political culture that includes "loser's consent," the idea that citizens have enough respect for the political process and value stability enough that, even if they utterly despise the ruling party and are beligerently vocal about it (which has been increasingly common in the U.S. for the past few decades, as partisanship increases), they recognize that party as legitimate.

Even though I still think Trump is unlikely to be successful and that Biden will be the next president, I can't rule out the alternative as outside the realm of possibility anymore. I've always been critical of U.S. democracy, but more in the sense that representatives tend to represent monied interests over their constituents', rather than in the sense that armed goons might stake out polling stations if they suspect citizens of voting for the "wrong" party, politicians might try to throw out huge numbers of inconvenient votes, and the president might try to use his position to prevent a transfer of power. The United States' democracy is starting to look more like a Mozambique's or something.

When Michael Moore said in 2016 that if Trump won, he'd be the "last U.S president," I thought it was just a case of a liberal pundit being hyperbolic. It doesn't sound so absurd anymore.

Old 11-20-2020, 02:07 PM   #1356
Run To Me
Minion of Satan

It’s like when they should have listened to ian malcolm

You put a dino in a cage and think you can just laugh at it until it dies. But then dennis nedry has the can of barbasol and puts the electoral votes in there

Old 11-20-2020, 03:31 PM   #1357
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

It's beyond horrifying when we all turn to John Bolton as the voice of reason

Old 11-20-2020, 03:32 PM   #1358
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Bolton is warning everyone that this is escalating within the republican party

Old 11-20-2020, 05:20 PM   #1359
mxzombie
Braindead

Location: i like traffic lights, but only when they're green.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smashingjj View Post
he posted out of his free will though.

agree about the neighborhood comment, I was hoping there would be some sort of follow-up that made everything clear.
how about none of you talk about me because you don't know anything. i don't need to speak for my wife and nobody's begging Caine Walker to pop in in Eulogy's defense. so fuck off, all of you.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:21 PM   #1360
mxzombie
Braindead

myoneandonly has always been a blowhard on this board. this is what we ought to be discussing.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:46 PM   #1361
Shallowed
Braindead

Yes we ought to, because it's such a pressing issue.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:57 PM   #1362
smashingjj
that person

Lol ok let's never talk about other netphorians at all anymore.

Old 11-20-2020, 05:59 PM   #1363
smashingjj
that person

Angry

Quote:
Originally Posted by mxzombie View Post
myoneandonly has always been a blowhard on this board. this is what we ought to be discussing.
Now what did i just say

Old 11-20-2020, 06:00 PM   #1364
smashingjj
that person

How interesting that the very day y s e m is banned, mxzombie starts posting precisely what she says.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:02 PM   #1365
mxzombie
Braindead

she got banned? i didn't realize.

Old 11-20-2020, 06:31 PM   #1366
Joey Goldberg
Apocalyptic Poster

Location: in the line for drinks (or is it just tickets to buy the drinks?)

posts/av

Old 11-20-2020, 06:37 PM   #1367
smashingjj
that person

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey Goldberg View Post
posts/av
how about none of you talk about my av because you don't know anything. i don't need to speak for my wife and nobody's begging Caine Walker to pop in in Eulogy's defense. so fuck off, all of you.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:07 PM   #1368
mxzombie
Braindead

well i don't mind anyone discussing my avatar. seems like fair game.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:08 PM   #1369
smashingjj
that person

did you post that out of free will though?

Old 11-20-2020, 07:10 PM   #1370
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Go to bed, Lauren.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:16 PM   #1371
mxzombie
Braindead

no, that was actually me and i stand by it

Old 11-20-2020, 07:29 PM   #1372
killtrocity
Saturday Night Goth

Trump is doing all this shit to perpetuate the "deep state", "I'm a martyr" narrative for his inevitable TV station, which is the whole reason he ran for president tin the first place.

Fox viewership is down 40%. Even Tucker Carlson is saying UFOs existing is more likely than Trump getting screwed by election fraud.

So yeah he's trying to keep this charade rolling for his inbred worshippers in order to pay those astronomical debts, not to mention the legal fees resulting from the court cases that'll keep him busy for the rest of his life. SDNY has already signaled more investigations starting even just this month on top of the 7 that have been confirmed for 2 years now.

Old 11-20-2020, 07:36 PM   #1373
Eulogy
huh

Quote:
how about none of you talk about me because you don't know anything. i don't need to speak for my wife and nobody's begging Caine Walker to pop in in Eulogy's defense. so fuck off, all of you.
Caine walker didnít marry a TERF so thereís no need.

Old 11-20-2020, 08:04 PM   #1374
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
No, you

Old 11-20-2020, 08:09 PM   #1375
smashingjj
that person

no, all of us

Old 11-20-2020, 09:22 PM   #1376
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by killtrocity View Post
Trump is doing all this shit to perpetuate the "deep state", "I'm a martyr" narrative for his inevitable TV station, which is the whole reason he ran for president tin the first place.

Fox viewership is down 40%. Even Tucker Carlson is saying UFOs existing is more likely than Trump getting screwed by election fraud.

So yeah he's trying to keep this charade rolling for his inbred worshippers in order to pay those astronomical debts, not to mention the legal fees resulting from the court cases that'll keep him busy for the rest of his life. SDNY has already signaled more investigations starting even just this month on top of the 7 that have been confirmed for 2 years now.
There's a conservative a conservative backlash against Fox. Even though they are a biased right-wing news organization, they are still a news organization, and still have to do things like call elections in states for the candidate who is clearly going to win them. And that bothers conservatives who wanted their network to be an extension of the Trump campaign 100% of the time, instead of just 70% of the time. They are turning to Newsmax now, which promises to have none of the redeeming qualities of Fox News.

Old 11-20-2020, 10:47 PM   #1377
ninsp
Apocalyptic Poster

Wow, Michigan Republicans told Trump to essentially fuck off.

Old 11-21-2020, 01:13 AM   #1378
Run To Me
Minion of Satan

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninsp View Post
Wow, Michigan Republicans told Trump to essentially fuck off.
Nice, itís probably b/c they saw my post and were like, damn we gotta do the right thing after all

Old 11-23-2020, 01:45 PM   #1379
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Robert Reich's explanation of Trump's new PAC and why he's filing all these bogus election lawsuits. Just a con to fund his presidential life

Old 11-23-2020, 03:59 PM   #1380
Disco King
Minion of Satan

It's reassuring to learn that, even were Trump able to convince Republican state legislatures not to certify their election results, the idea of him being able to steal the election is essentially impossible. There's really no path forward for him. Even through the judicial route, a Trump-supporting Supreme Court would be totally powerless to help him.