Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Archives > General Chat Archive
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 11-23-2017, 12:58 AM   #331
fuzzyroes
Banned

Of course they are. Lifes just a game. The smart prevail and succeed and the dumb are left behind.

I've lived a large chunk of my life as the dumb, but I had the honesty to realize that and am trying to right the ship.

The problem with people like you is that if you think you're so smart you're never gonna look at things honestly and you'll never realize that you're living life like a dumbass

Old 11-23-2017, 12:58 AM   #332
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
Actions that one takes in life are a direct result of ones intelligence, so guys like you and Took have no right to call anyone else stupid.
ALL MY ACTION COMES FROM YOUR MOTHER

Aha!

Old 11-23-2017, 01:03 AM   #333
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
I wasn't making.fun of you. I was arrogantly proclaiming my sovereign superiority in every aspect of life over all other humans, living dead and yet to be born.
I'm sorry took, that was outta line. I know you'd had run ins with the law, but I read that Pizza Hut article that you mentioned to the MarquisinSpades guy on the SP forum and was quite surprised you'd do that as I do think of you as quite an educated man.

But we all make mistakes.

I'm just unhappy, and when people rip on me I fling it back and get on the defensive. It's not a right way to be, and I'm trying to stop doing it. I guess it's just a symptom of my unhappiness

Old 11-23-2017, 01:07 AM   #334
fuzzyroes
Banned

Fact is I did grow up in a sheltered small town with other dumb people. So I never really had any opportunities for enlightenment or educational growth. I'd never even left Canada (aside from Seattle) until I was in my late 20's. So I never traveled or anything and my school had one of the worst grade averages in all of the Province.

I've been making a concerted effort to get more educated and I'm an avid reader and shit... But there's no doubt that the first 22 years of my life were lived as a complete and total dumbass... Dumbassery is all I ever knew though

Old 11-23-2017, 01:08 AM   #335
FoolofaTook

Old 11-23-2017, 01:09 AM   #336
fuzzyroes
Banned

Dumb friends, dumb family, dumb town, dumb idols. The key out is the enlightenment to realize that and to change though. Most people never will. So I feel grateful.

I just get defensive when people ridicule me as stupid though.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:10 AM   #337
FoolofaTook

Have I told you about my shapely legs? I could wrap them.around you head and you could bury your face in my crotch and we would moan oh! we would moan!

Old 11-23-2017, 01:11 AM   #338
redbreegull

Quote:
The smart prevail and succeed and the dumb are left behind.
this is obviously not true to anyone who lives in this world

Old 11-23-2017, 01:13 AM   #339
redbreegull

one's fate is mostly determined by their social class and culture

Old 11-23-2017, 01:14 AM   #340
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

i often don't agree with fuzzy's rhetoric, but i do respect his good nature and openness and being unafraid to voice his true opinion without and not be intimidated into a corner.

you can torch somebody's opinions and completely rebuff or disprove them all you like, but the ubiquitous personal ripping on him has been a bit much for my tastes.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:17 AM   #341
redbreegull

I would not really describe fuzzy as good natured. He is friendly but that's not really the same thing

Old 11-23-2017, 01:19 AM   #342
fuzzyroes
Banned

I think the ability to understand how the world works and how to play the game and get ahead is a form of intelligence in it's own right though. Hell, even most scientists and other scholars focus substantial energy on getting ahead and providing for their families.

Culture and upbringing plays a big role no doubt, but it's never to late to break from the chains of your own surroundings.

I mean sure, If I had a family with money who was willing to pay for College tuition I probably would have stuck it out and tried to get good grades in high school, but I knew as a teenager that there was no way in hell I'd be able to go that route unless I made the money myself... And at that age that kind of money seems almost unattainable.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:23 AM   #343
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

isn't college free for the majority of canadians?

Old 11-23-2017, 01:23 AM   #344
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
I would not really describe fuzzy as good natured. He is friendly but that's not really the same thing
Well I do get dog-piled on more than anyone. Then I get all pissed off and start acting like a dick... And then the ridicule towards me almost seems justified. But it's like I'll make a typo or something and I'll never hear the end of it. Like fuck, everyone knows I have a grade 10 education. If I fuck up a word here or there it shouldn't be grounds for ignoring the point I'm trying to make.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:24 AM   #345
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

also, imo, viewing life as a game is problematic. it splits the world into winners and losers. that is inherently wrong

Old 11-23-2017, 01:24 AM   #346
MarquisInSpades
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shallowed View Post
Hey fuzzy, since you've just gotten into Reddit, here's a good subreddit for you

https://www.reddit.com/r/iamverysmart/
You beat me to it, lol.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:25 AM   #347
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
isn't college free for the majority of canadians?
free? hell no

Old 11-23-2017, 01:27 AM   #348
FoolofaTook

Fuzzy you are full of shit. You pick on.people for no reason besides being drunk and depressed over the state of your liver. That's why others hate you..

Old 11-23-2017, 01:28 AM   #349
redbreegull

Quote:
Well I do get dog-piled on more than anyone. Then I get all pissed off and start acting like a dick... And then the ridicule towards me almost seems justified. But it's like I'll make a typo or something and I'll never hear the end of it. Like fuck, everyone knows I have a grade 10 education. If I fuck up a word here or there it shouldn't be grounds for ignoring the point I'm trying to make.
people don't pile on you because you are bad at grammar and spelling, they do it because you are an obnoxious prejudiced know-it-all who actually doesn't know very much about anything. then you just make it too easy with your constant malapropisms

Old 11-23-2017, 01:29 AM   #350
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
also, imo, viewing life as a game is problematic. it splits the world into winners and losers. that is inherently wrong
Well opportunities are mostly all predicated on how much money you have.

Of course a spiritually fulfilling journey of a broke person is probably better off than a miserable millionaire, but unfortunately the more money you have, the more opportunities you'll have. It's just the way the world works.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:29 AM   #351
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

hmm looks like it is now: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/wo...-a6897721.html

Old 11-23-2017, 01:30 AM   #352
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:

Of course a spiritually fulfilling journey of a broke person is probably better off than a miserable millionaire, but unfortunately the more money you have, the more opportunities you'll have. It's just the way the world works.
i agree but that doesn't mean one person is winning and another is losing. it's not a game.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:31 AM   #353
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
Fuzzy you are full of shit. You pick on.people for no reason besides being drunk and depressed over the state of your liver. That's why others hate you..
Well what's your excuse Took? You've been piling on me and trolling me for months now. It was only a matter of time before I'd hit back. And you said in another thread that I was mocking your brother... For the record I wasn't at all. I was being sincere.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:31 AM   #354
redbreegull

also you are just trying to retroactively justify your asshole behavior and beliefs by saying we make you act that way somehow. that is amazingly deluded

Old 11-23-2017, 01:32 AM   #355
redbreegull

Quote:
and how much money you have is mostly predicted by how much money your parents had, not your intelligence or worth or contribution to the world

Old 11-23-2017, 01:33 AM   #356
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
The problem is not that you get words wrong, it's that you double down. So you were using the wrong word, physiological when you meant psychological. Why not just own it and say oops, I meant this word I had the wrong one? Instead of blaming it on a spell check, which wouldn't change "psychological" to "physiological" because both are words.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:33 AM   #357
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I'm not even sure If I would have qualified as a low-income student. It's just that my parents were unwilling to foot any money for education.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:34 AM   #358
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

i feel you. i'm like 25k in debt and it sucks but, you know. i want the career i want and i got a lot of scholarships. graduate school shouldn't add too much more debt

Old 11-23-2017, 01:36 AM   #359
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
also you are just trying to retroactively justify your asshole behavior and beliefs by saying we make you act that way somehow. that is amazingly deluded
I have a point though. I probably only have around a grade 10-grade 11 education. When I dropped out I was already a grade behind in numerous classes. Sometimes I feel like I'm making a valid point and everyone just dives in over a misuse of a word. It's elitist, man.

Old 11-23-2017, 01:37 AM   #360
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Your points don't make sense because of the words you use, though. How are we supposed to read your mind?