Netphoria Message Board


Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > General Boards > General Chat Message Board
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Photo Album Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2017, 10:49 PM   #121
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,157
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzard View Post
The phrase is kind of taken, though, isn't it?

It'd be like referring to Bruce Banner as having a green thumb.
I laughed way too hard at this.

 
FlamingGlobes is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:49 PM   #122
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 1,036
Default

your job? fuzzy reos knows more about your job than you

your belief system? fuzzy roes knows more about it than you do

your government? don't to worry fuzzy roes knows more about it than you

please don't mind the fact that he did not to finish high school and you have two degrees, that just means he is free to think anything and you are brainwashed

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 10:55 PM   #123
ohnoitsbonnie
Banned
 
ohnoitsbonnie's Avatar
 
Location: somerville, nj
Posts: 23,387
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
people might think you're cool. Ohhhh he's a framer, that's quite the field of work... "No i frame posters"

You deal with grocery store freight. Uh at least framing requires fine motor skills?

 
ohnoitsbonnie is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #124
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,157
Default

Hey

 
FlamingGlobes is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #125
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,157
Default

Those bananas ain't gonna unbox themselves!

 
FlamingGlobes is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:00 PM   #126
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,157
Default

What is a fuzzy roe? I must knoe.

 
FlamingGlobes is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #127
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

framing is not a "hard" job in terms of physical or intellectual exertion but it is a specific skill with many steps and requires a lot of care and precision. it's a big deal if you make a small mistake on a frame we're charging $800 for

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:02 PM   #128
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

it's certainly easier than being a spec. ed. teacher

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:06 PM   #129
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
hey guys feminist means you have to be a POLITICAL ACTIVIST I know because I know a lot about feminism and this is not at all an extremely feeble attempt to control language which is regularly used as a weapon against me
wrong. Never said anything about political... Just that to consider yourself a feminist, you actually have to do more than "just feel that way". That's easy enough for your simple minded comprehension ability to absorb, isn't it?

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:07 PM   #130
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
hey dude LOL do you have DOWN'S SYNDROME or something?!

OMG LOLOLOLOLOL

wait no where u going?
to be fair, the manager also didn't see what the big deal was and figured the guy was overreacting

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:09 PM   #131
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohnoitsbonnie View Post
You deal with grocery store freight. Uh at least framing requires fine motor skills?
how? by using a nail gun or some wood glue? You're really stretching now Bon

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:11 PM   #132
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
wrong. Never said anything about political... Just that to consider yourself a feminist, you actually have to do more than "just feel that way". That's easy enough for your simple minded comprehension ability to absorb, isn't it?
but you're blatantly wrong. no one defines feminist like that. it's something you made up

then the dictionary definition you so crudely pulled up like a 9th grader trying to fill out the works cited page on his first research paper didn't even support what you were saying, so you switched to some argument that to "advocate" means to be an activist, which is also wrong

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:15 PM   #133
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
how? by using a nail gun or some wood glue? You're really stretching now Bon
come use the equipment at the gallery while you are drunk and see how that works out for you

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:15 PM   #134
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

No I was completely right. If you do literally nothing to support womans rights then you're not a feminist... Sorry buddy, that's the definition.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:15 PM   #135
FlamingGlobes
Socialphobic
 
FlamingGlobes's Avatar
 
Posts: 12,157
Default

YOU JUST GOT FUZZSPLAINED!

 
FlamingGlobes is online now
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:16 PM   #136
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
come use the equipment at the gallery while you are drunk and see how that works out for you
lmao "gallery"

you're the most pretentious dude I've come across

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:18 PM   #137
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

again: here is the definition:

Feminist definition: advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men. See more.

I believe in equal womans rights, but since I do nothing about it and never talk about it I'm not a feminist. Are you understanding now RBG?

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:19 PM   #138
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
again: here is the definition:

Feminist definition: advocating social, political, legal, and economic rights for women equal to those of men. See more.

I believe in equal womans rights, but since I do nothing about it and never talk about it I'm not a feminist. Are you understanding now RBG?
no because you are wrong and posting about it three more times but adding no new angle to your flawed understanding has not furthered your argument

the definition you are quoting does not say what you are saying it says.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:22 PM   #139
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

Yeah it does. If you don't advocate for one of social, political, legal and economic rights for woman equal to those of men then you're not a feminist.

sorry...

So because I believe in those things you're telling me I'm a feminist? gimme a break.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:24 PM   #140
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

maybe you should look up the definition of advocate you stupid shit


feminism is an ideology. it's a belief system. a belief system is not determined by actions, as weird as this may sound, it's determined by beliefs. someone who preaches feminism but does nothing to help women might be a bad feminist, but that doesn't alter what feminism is. you aren't a feminist because you don't see women as equal, not because you don't put your thoughts into action

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:25 PM   #141
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

advocate: a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy:

Case closed. You're wrong again.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:28 PM   #142
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

up next, I'm not a racist for thinking bad things about black people as long as I don't act on my thoughts

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:29 PM   #143
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

do you know what the difference between a noun and a verb is cause it seems like maybe you don't since you couldn't even look up the correct form of advocate

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:37 PM   #144
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

advocate –
verb
to speak or write in favor of; support or urge by argument; recommend publicly
He advocated higher salaries for teachers.

synonyms: back, campaign for, encourage, favor, promote, support, recommend

"advocate". Dictionary.com Unabridged. Random House, Inc. 1 Feb. 2017. .



if you say you support feminism, you are an advocate for feminism. writing on netphoria is advocacy. talking to your friends is advocacy. it's not effective advocacy, but your argument was about denotations so. them's the breaks

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:41 PM   #145
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

so because you typed that you support feminism once on Netphoria you now consider yourself a feminist... That's not really the way it works and most real feminists would hawk a loogy in your face for trying to claim that.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:42 PM   #146
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 1,036
Default

redbreegull why don't you understand it doe snot matter how much more than him you understand he will always be right?

you got a degree in english language and he doesn't know parts of speech but he's still right and smarter than you. if everyone would just accept than there would be no more fuzzreos arguments

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:44 PM   #147
JESUSNEEDSAHIT
Apocalyptic Poster
 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT's Avatar
 
Location: Greater Anabaptist Rakefighter Kingdom
Posts: 1,036
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
so because you typed that you support feminism once on Netphoria you now consider yourself a feminist... That's not really the way it works and most real feminists would hawk a loogy in your face for trying to claim that.
here is part where you change your argument when you know you have been beaten

WELL U MAY BE RIGHT SMART GUY BUT LET ME MAKE THIS OTHER NON SEQUITUR POINT OH YEAH WHO IS HOT SHIT NOW

 
JESUSNEEDSAHIT is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:45 PM   #148
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
so because you typed that you support feminism once on Netphoria you now consider yourself a feminist... That's not really the way it works and most real feminists would hawk a loogy in your face for trying to claim that.
1. we're not discussing me or whether I am a feminist, you are attempting to divert the argument

2. the argument is about the denotation; the literal definitions of feminism and advocacy

3. you are wrong. "CASE CLOSED"

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:46 PM   #149
fuzzyroes
Immortal
 
fuzzyroes's Avatar
 
Posts: 21,133
Default

he's simply arguing about the semantics of certain words when he knows darn well what the definition is trying to convey.

 
fuzzyroes is offline
Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2017, 11:47 PM   #150
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!
 
redbreegull's Avatar
 
Location: WILD BOY
Posts: 31,093
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
he's simply arguing about the semantics of certain words when he knows darn well what the definition is trying to convey.
it's not semantics, it's denotation. the literal definition. so now your argument is that even though the dictionary definition supports me, there is some implied meaning that supports you? Sad. Pathetic.

 
redbreegull is offline
Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Google


Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 04:58 PM.




Smashing Pumpkins, Alternative Music
& General Discussion Message Board and Forums
www.netphoria.org - Copyright 1998-2019