I believe some refer to that as auditory hallucinations
no

Old 07-26-2017, 10:19 PM   #32
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Location: I'm faced with so many changes that I just might change my face

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
- Dark but morally ambiguous leading man asking the audience to question their own ethics and morals.
Tony is not morally ambiguous whatsoever

Old 07-26-2017, 10:20 PM   #33
redbreegull
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by teh b0lly!!1 View Post
no but that sounds pretty frightening tbh. are you hearing warped pitch? does it warble or stay consistent yet off pitch?
no warbling, just an inability to pinpoint pitch, or it sounds weird. Sometimes when I play guitar really drunk it sounds like the strings are not tuned properly even when they are. who the fuck knows, I am crazy

Old 07-26-2017, 10:20 PM   #34
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
when you guys are drunk, does music ever sound too fast or too slow to you?
Quote:
sometimes I also lose the ability to hear pitch properly. not just like I can't sing in pitch, but I can't even hear it properly when I am really drunk
this happens to me, mostly the speed one. it can even be without intoxicants, sometimes shit just seems slow or fast. perception is an odd thing. if it only happens when you're drunk i wouldnt worry about it being anything serious

Old 07-26-2017, 10:30 PM   #35
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

it's funny cuz tony is completely a bad guy but then you get people like ralphie who are somehow so much worse. fuzzy i dont think you've met ralphie yet but he is unquestionably the biggest piece of shit that you see on the show. perhaps he's not really worse than any of the other guys but he just doesnt hide it at all and has no illusions of having any sort of conscience

Old 07-26-2017, 10:31 PM   #36
redbreegull

I have bigger fish to fry

Old 07-26-2017, 10:33 PM   #37
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

it's a good show rbg, you should watch it at some point. i still think it's the GOAT

Old 07-26-2017, 11:15 PM   #38
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by reprise85 View Post
Tony is not morally ambiguous whatsoever
Sure he is, or at least when it comes to his kids or if you compare him to the rest of his crew.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:16 PM   #39
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
this happens to me, mostly the speed one. it can even be without intoxicants, sometimes shit just seems slow or fast. perception is an odd thing.
Yeah... This isn't normal

Old 07-26-2017, 11:19 PM   #40
redbreegull

Quote:
Yeah... This isn't normal
constantly assuming anything outside your scope of experience is wrong or abnormal is a pretty good sign a small-mindedness and stupidity

Old 07-26-2017, 11:22 PM   #41
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
it's funny cuz tony is completely a bad guy but then you get people like ralphie who are somehow so much worse. fuzzy i dont think you've met ralphie yet but he is unquestionably the biggest piece of shit that you see on the show. perhaps he's not really worse than any of the other guys but he just doesnt hide it at all and has no illusions of having any sort of conscience
Haha yeah that's what I mean. I don't think Tony's any worse of a guy than Walt was though. If anything I'd say Tony's the lesser evil of the 2 cause at at least Tony was diving into self exploration and trying to look at things with a conscious mindset, even if if it was one that obeyed by a criminal code.

Last edited by fuzzyroes : 07-26-2017 at 11:27 PM.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:24 PM   #42
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
constantly assuming anything outside your scope of experience is wrong or abnormal is a pretty good sign a small-mindedness and stupidity
What you're talking about are auditory hallucinations man. That's some serious mental illness. I wouldn't take them lightly man. Sometimes mental illness doesn't become full-blown until people are in their 20's.

If you experience them when drinking, stay away from drinking at all costs brother... (I say this with all seriousness.)

Old 07-26-2017, 11:29 PM   #43
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Sure he is, or at least when it comes to his kids or if you compare him to the rest of his crew.
he murders people with his bare hands and is responsible for dozens of murders and ruining people's lives like what

Old 07-26-2017, 11:32 PM   #44
fuzzyroes
Banned

Yeah, but then on the other hand he still maintains morale ambiguity with his family life. I.E just like Walt does in Breaking Bad. It's that balance of a bad dude trying to maintain a family life that was so unique with The Sopanos and Gilligan lifted the same plot dynamics for his very similar story.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:33 PM   #45
fuzzyroes
Banned

Sure, there is differences. But let's face it, Breaking Bad is a huge Soprano's rip off.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #46
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
What you're talking about are auditory hallucinations man. That's some serious mental illness. I wouldn't take them lightly man. Sometimes mental illness doesn't become full-blown until people are in their 20's.

If you experience them when drinking, stay away from drinking at all costs brother... (I say this with all seriousness.)
Those are not hallucinations, they are perceptual ILLUSIONS which many people have sometimes, especially when they are altered from drugs, stress, being tired, etc. Maybe not auditory and maybe some people are more prone to them than others but it's not an uncommon phenomenon

It COULD be a sign of mental illness if you obsess over it or it happens constantly or it is systematized, meaning you have delusional thought processes that go along with them (e.g. the aliens are slowing down music so i can listen to messages they are putting between the notes) but generally it's not a fuckin big deal

Old 07-26-2017, 11:35 PM   #47
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
Yeah, but then on the other hand he still maintains morale ambiguity with his family life. I.E just like Walt does in Breaking Bad. It's that balance of a bad dude trying to maintain a family life that was so unique with The Sopanos and Gilligan lifted the same plot dynamics for his very similar story.
i mean he has children that he doesnt beat is that really enough to be morally ambiguous?

Old 07-26-2017, 11:37 PM   #48
fuzzyroes
Banned

That's the thing with Tony Soprano. That he isn't quite a bad enough, morally bankrupt enough of a guy to do the job that he does and him trying to get to the bottom of why that is. It's a same struggle and progress with Walt I.E "breaking bad".

Old 07-26-2017, 11:39 PM   #49
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Those are not hallucinations, they are perceptual ILLUSIONS which many people have sometimes, especially when they are altered from drugs, stress, being tired, etc. Maybe not auditory and maybe some people are more prone to them than others but it's not an uncommon phenomenon

It COULD be a sign of mental illness if you obsess over it or it happens constantly or it is systematized, meaning you have delusional thought processes that go along with them (e.g. the aliens are slowing down music so i can listen to messages they are putting between the notes) but generally it's not a fuckin big deal
If you're hearing pitches in a fucked up manner or hearing music at different speeds then it really is then it's an auditory hallucination. Might not be a severe form of them, but it is one nonetheless.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:40 PM   #50
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

tony is a psychopathic mob boss
walt is someone who probably always had psychopathic tendencies but mostly tried to live right most of his life. he basically snapped.

there are some similarities to them but they aren't that alike really

Old 07-26-2017, 11:41 PM   #51
reprise85
BOTTLEG ILLEGAL

Quote:
If you're hearing pitches in a fucked up manner or hearing music at different speeds then it really is then it's an auditory hallucination. Might not be a severe form of them, but it is one nonetheless.
my point is that it's not a sign of mental illness per se, which it's not, and it's definitely not indicative of schizophrenic-type hallucinations because it's a fucking illusion and not a hallucination and it's non-systematized

it is a general sign of cognitive impairment or stress that could be related to an organic problem if it was severe and persistent but as a transient experience it is not something to be concerned about. obviously talk to a doctor if you get them and it bothers you or it's a new thing that's never happened before.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:45 PM   #52
redbreegull

I believe it's because I AM FUCKING DRUNK ON DRUGS

Old 07-26-2017, 11:46 PM   #53
redbreegull

hey doc, when I take psychoactive drugs I experience altered perceptions of reality, is this NORMAL??

Old 07-26-2017, 11:48 PM   #54
fuzzyroes
Banned

I'm sorry, but any doctor would agree that it's a cause for concern if a man in his 20's begins to start hearing sounds in distorted ways.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:50 PM   #55
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
I believe it's because I AM FUCKING DRUNK ON DRUGS
Well I don't know what drugs you're taking, but alcohol and drugs can certainly exacerbate mental illness and bring it out to the forefront in those who may have had it lying dormant. Whatever the case is, trust me on this: stop doing whatever it is that is making it happen. Nip it in the bud before it gets worse brother-man.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:53 PM   #56
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
tony is a psychopathic mob boss
walt is someone who probably always had psychopathic tendencies but mostly tried to live right most of his life. he basically snapped.

there are some similarities to them but they aren't that alike really
The dynamics between the character and their families are near identical. Skylars essentially the same character as Carmella.

Old 07-26-2017, 11:56 PM   #57
redbreegull

dude you're mentally retarded

Old 07-26-2017, 11:56 PM   #58
teh b0lly!!1
Braindead

Angry

Quote:
I have bigger fish to fry
what you mean is you have bigger Ziti to make, asshole