Netphoria Message Board

Go Back   Netphoria Message Board > Smashing Pumpkins Boards > Smashing Pumpkins/Billy Corgan Discussion
Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2019, 08:36 PM   #451
enthusaroo
Apocalyptic Poster

Billy takes a long ass time to put out poor quality, shitty work.

Old 10-11-2019, 04:30 AM   #452
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Screenshot-20191011-095450-com-instagram-android

Old 10-13-2019, 05:12 AM   #453
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Screenshot-20191013-103548-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103613-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103717-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103726-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103738-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103752-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103809-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103824-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103928-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191013-103528-com-instagram-android

Old 10-13-2019, 10:22 AM   #454
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Meanwhile, we all simply forget about the most exciting prospect they had on the table?

Old 10-13-2019, 11:27 AM   #455
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

the grave next door collab?

Old 10-13-2019, 02:20 PM   #456
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

no, fool

the underground footage of Pat Anselmo taking a shit!

Old 10-13-2019, 03:34 PM   #457
FoolofaTook

Old 10-13-2019, 07:20 PM   #458
Modern90's
Demi-God

i just want the machina and pre gish material. thats all. and theres no way saosb2 is coming out this year, unless its late december

Old 10-14-2019, 09:08 AM   #459
Cool As Ice Cream

Arrow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Modern90's View Post
and theres no way saosb2 is coming out this year, unless its late december
don't be silly.
there is no way at all. late december or not.

Old 10-14-2019, 10:07 AM   #460
T&T
Socialphobic

the only way billy can get the type of publicity/backing that he wants is if he does more re-issues. and the lables aren't even interested in doing the machina/pre-gish reissues. he's gonna have to wait until they're interested in another SD or MCIS re-issue (in 5 years) to milk that tank a little more...

Old 10-14-2019, 11:53 AM   #461
smashingjj
real estate cowboy

Red face

Huh?

Old 10-14-2019, 12:27 PM   #462
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
the only way billy can get the type of publicity/backing that he wants is if he does more re-issues. and the lables aren't even interested in doing the machina/pre-gish reissues. he's gonna have to wait until they're interested in another SD or MCIS re-issue (in 5 years) to milk that tank a little more...
Machina is happening, the problem with that reissue was nothing to do with lack of interest.

Last edited by Forgotten Child : 10-14-2019 at 06:10 PM.

Old 10-14-2019, 12:31 PM   #463
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Heh?

Old 10-14-2019, 01:36 PM   #464
T&T
Socialphobic

so when is it happening?

Old 10-15-2019, 02:31 PM   #465
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Old 10-15-2019, 04:19 PM   #466
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by T&T View Post
so when is it happening?
Next year happens to be the 20th anniversary of Machina... just saying.

Old 10-15-2019, 05:43 PM   #467
Gooch
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
Next year happens to be the 20th anniversary of Machina... just saying.
Are you a bettin’ Man? Would you put money on it? I wouldn’t.

I could totally see BC getting wrapped up in the bitterness and sadness and resentment that will come when the label DOESNT reissue it to coincide with the 20th anniversary. And then see him shelving ALL his projects just out of spite

Old 10-15-2019, 09:37 PM   #468
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gooch View Post
Are you a bettin’ Man? Would you put money on it? I wouldn’t.

I could totally see BC getting wrapped up in the bitterness and sadness and resentment that will come when the label DOESNT reissue it to coincide with the 20th anniversary. And then see him shelving ALL his projects just out of spite
It's the one album from the original run that nobody besides the hardcore fans gives a damn about, most people don't even remember it. Talking to music fans, Adore seems to be the point where they lost track of the group. So, it's hard to imagine there being much urgency or will from the major label to release a sprawling exuberant reissue for it. There'd be too little return of investment to make it worth while for them.

Old 10-15-2019, 10:58 PM   #469
redbreegull

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
It's the one album from the original run that nobody besides the hardcore fans gives a damn about, most people don't even remember it. Talking to music fans, Adore seems to be the point where they lost track of the group. So, it's hard to imagine there being much urgency or will from the major label to release a sprawling exuberant reissue for it. There'd be too little return of investment to make it worth while for them.
where's your rap

Old 10-16-2019, 04:50 AM   #470
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

When Billy knows he can fleece his hardcore fans, he's gonna do it. From hawking child scribblings on a cheap, shitty record player to reselling postcards no sane person wants to his Siddhartha set no one asked for. If Machina happens, it's probably going to be more limited and it's probably going to be higher priced than previously boxsets. Not including the original artwork or artist to work on it already shows Billy is cutting corners to recoup more money on his end as he can always pay Linda Strawberry a quarter of the price for some cringy spiritual art than paying money out again to the original artist. This is the thing, if you don't believe Machina is happening, then you can count on the from the vault releases to never happen. As much of a failure Machina was, it still has a bigger chance of selling than some other set of leftovers because Machina still has a foundation, a following there. Kinda like the movie industry sticking with sequels and reboots rather than doing something new or streaming services rebooting old shitty shows from the past. The label has a better chance of reboxing Machina as some mythical amazing album no one quite got during the time of its release over hey, we swear these other unheard leftovers are greater than the leftovers we put on previous reissues. Siddhartha was a release no one asked for whereas Machina has been asked for many times. Who knows, Billy could've made a deal with the label for his SOSB volumes to also help him with the Machina set. But something tells me Machina will be more DIY and limited than a big label reissue like the previous sets. If it does happen. Billy has been spending time aka money going through old Machina tapes and rounding up material. He's gonna want a way to recoup that money, like using a faux reunion tour to get him out of his wrestling debt.

Old 10-16-2019, 07:59 AM   #471
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Screenshot-20191016-072801-com-instagram-android
Screenshot-20191016-072817-com-instagram-android

Old 10-16-2019, 08:48 AM   #472
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by redbreegull View Post
where's your rap
rap's for gammas

Old 10-16-2019, 08:57 AM   #473
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyKeyZ View Post
When Billy knows he can fleece his hardcore fans, he's gonna do it. From hawking child scribblings on a cheap, shitty record player to reselling postcards no sane person wants to his Siddhartha set no one asked for. If Machina happens, it's probably going to be more limited and it's probably going to be higher priced than previously boxsets. Not including the original artwork or artist to work on it already shows Billy is cutting corners to recoup more money on his end as he can always pay Linda Strawberry a quarter of the price for some cringy spiritual art than paying money out again to the original artist. This is the thing, if you don't believe Machina is happening, then you can count on the from the vault releases to never happen. As much of a failure Machina was, it still has a bigger chance of selling than some other set of leftovers because Machina still has a foundation, a following there. Kinda like the movie industry sticking with sequels and reboots rather than doing something new or streaming services rebooting old shitty shows from the past. The label has a better chance of reboxing Machina as some mythical amazing album no one quite got during the time of its release over hey, we swear these other unheard leftovers are greater than the leftovers we put on previous reissues. Siddhartha was a release no one asked for whereas Machina has been asked for many times. Who knows, Billy could've made a deal with the label for his SOSB volumes to also help him with the Machina set. But something tells me Machina will be more DIY and limited than a big label reissue like the previous sets. If it does happen. Billy has been spending time aka money going through old Machina tapes and rounding up material. He's gonna want a way to recoup that money, like using a faux reunion tour to get him out of his wrestling debt.
The one thing that Virgin has going for them is they can really hype up the "FEATURING A BRAND-NEW, PREVIOUSLY UNRELEASED ALBUM" angle. That would definitely a be a point of interest for random folks caught up in 90's nostalgia. Most people would be none the wiser that the tracks have been readily available for close to 2 decades.

But at the end of the day, I think if it was going to happen, it would've happened by now. It's hard to really blame the manufacturer, it's an album that hasn't aged well at all. It only seems good in comparison to what's came after. Corgantards are always eager to lower their standers

Old 10-16-2019, 09:05 AM   #474
MyKeyZ
Apocalyptic Poster

Last great Pumpkins album was Adore. Even without Jimmy, it still felt like a Pumpkins album. Machina was an overbloated production and meandering mess that you can hear is trying so hard to recapture what they had. I just never got into Machina and I've tried over and over again. Maybe if you took the best of Machina I and II, you may have a decent album, but still lacking. Hell, I rather listen to Zeitgeist than Machina. Yeah, you heard me correctly. At least Zeitgeist era gave us Superchrist, which pisses on anything off of the Machinas.

P.S. Anyone wanna buy my SP reissue CD boxsets?

Old 10-16-2019, 09:14 AM   #475
fuzzyroes
Banned

I mean, Machina has some okay songs like Wound and stuff, but it sounds like they got stuck in that formulaic "1979 vibe"... You take songs like Try, Age of innocence, I of the Mourning, SIYL ETC, they're all in the vein of that 1979 sound.

I still contest that the success of 1979 is the worst thing that could've happened to the band, because they kept on trying to tread on that. I assume it was probably cause of label pressure. That shit happened a lot in the 90's. It's like Green Day scored their first surprise hit in a few years with an acoustic track, so their following album is loaded with acoustic songs. Same shit happened with Sugar Ray and endless other groups, and you can hear it with the Pumpkins. I think that's the true reason why they changed course with Adore.

Just one humble mans opinion

Old 10-16-2019, 10:57 AM   #476
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

I sit here in my Swedish Machina shirt (delivered with personal hand-written note from the King Swede himself) crying for you poor, lost souls...

Old 10-16-2019, 11:25 AM   #477
Forgotten Child
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by fuzzyroes View Post
I mean, Machina has some okay songs like Wound and stuff, but it sounds like they got stuck in that formulaic "1979 vibe"... You take songs like Try, Age of innocence, I of the Mourning, SIYL ETC, they're all in the vein of that 1979 sound.

I still contest that the success of 1979 is the worst thing that could've happened to the band, because they kept on trying to tread on that. I assume it was probably cause of label pressure. That shit happened a lot in the 90's. It's like Green Day scored their first surprise hit in a few years with an acoustic track, so their following album is loaded with acoustic songs. Same shit happened with Sugar Ray and endless other groups, and you can hear it with the Pumpkins. I think that's the true reason why they changed course with Adore.

Just one humble mans opinion
Oh yes, SIYL sounds exactly like 1979

Old 10-16-2019, 11:29 AM   #478
Mals Marola
Socialphobic

Unhappy

DARNT KWARNT FARNZY RARNZO

Old 10-16-2019, 02:19 PM   #479
VoxUpDoc
Apocalyptic Poster

A Machina re-issue is only interesting because of a finished mix of Machina 2, unreleased stuff and the prospect of a high quality show like United Center. Machina 2 has loads of tracks which aged better than M1.

He would do well to rework the tracklisting and market it as an unreleased "final" album.

But Billy fucking loves Heavy Metal Machine and Blue Skies Bring Tears so we're fucked.

Old 10-16-2019, 10:25 PM   #480
fuzzyroes
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten Child View Post
Oh yes, SIYL sounds exactly like 1979

The structure really does. The chorus is even pretty similar. Let's put it this way, SIYL sounds more like 1979 than it does anything else on MCIS-Gish