Register Netphoria's Amazon.com Link Members List Mark Forums Read

Old 06-03-2020, 10:29 AM   #121
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Quote:
Originally Posted by FoolofaTook View Post
there's a silver lining to every cloud
fuck off you're not funny.

She is a ally and friend in these protests. She was handing out water and food!! She is a progressive voice in DC.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:33 AM   #122
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

The whole thread is worth reading.

Old 06-03-2020, 10:52 AM   #123
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Facebook shuts down far-right group planning to bring weapons to protests

Quote:
On Monday, Twitter said a fake Antifa account calling for violence was run by white supremacists. The company removed the account.
The fake account, @ANTIFA_US, tweeted Sunday, "ALERT Tonight's the night, Comrades Tonight we say "F**k The City" and we move into the residential areas... the white hoods.... and we take what's ours #BlacklivesMaters #F**kAmerica."

The account caught the attention of President Donald Trump's son Donald Trump Jr.

"Absolutely insane," Trump Jr. wrote on Instagram, sharing a screenshot of the tweet, "Just remember what ANTIFA really is. A Terrorist Organization! They're not even pretending anymore."

A spokesperson for Donald Trump Jr. did not provide comment to CNN Tuesday morning, but later the post was removed from Trump Jr.'s Instagram feed. There is no indication whatsoever that Trump Jr. knew who was behind the account or that it was fake.

Facebook said Tuesday night it had found some associated accounts on its platforms after Twitter shared information about the fake account — the accounts have been removed from Facebook, the staff said.
Dang junior, calm down.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:07 AM   #124
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

AFL-CIO joins call for Mpls. Police Union's Bob Kroll to resign

Quote:
The state's largest labor federation is joining the call for Minneapolis Police Union President Bob Kroll to resign in the wake of the officer-involved death of George Floyd.

Minnesota AFL-CIO President Bill McCarthy issued a statement Tuesday afternoon asking Bob Kroll to hand in his resignation immediately, saying he has failed the labor movement and the residents of Minneapolis.

Hi, my name is Bob Kroll and I am a garbage person.

A national union taking a stand against another union is a pretty big deal.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:42 AM   #125
FoolofaTook
Just Hook it to My Veins!

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
fuck off you're not funny.

She is a ally and friend in these protests. She was handing out water and food!! She is a progressive voice in DC.
Does she speak in tongues too?

Old 06-03-2020, 11:44 AM   #126
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ram27 View Post
it's making me fucking livid how so many utter cunts on twitter are saying bullshit like

jUsT ObEy tHe cUrFeW

to people getting arrested
It makes them feel superior. That’s why.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:48 AM   #127
FoolofaTook

maybe i shouldn't be making fun of that priest huh

i'm sorry myoneandonly. i apologize.

fuck trump. we can all agree on that.

Old 06-03-2020, 11:49 AM   #128
LaBelle
Socialphobic

Old 06-03-2020, 11:59 AM   #129
Ram27
dumb

https://twitter.com/23rdButterfly/st...471787523?s=20

this is great

i'm sure there's a better reference to this but the LAPD zoom meeting where they just let people yell at them is like...that thing in hunger games where the president guy was like 'you have to give citizens some hope so they don't fight back as much' or whatever

Old 06-03-2020, 01:00 PM   #130
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

The police are a gang and Police Unions are nothing but gang hierarchy

Old 06-03-2020, 01:11 PM   #131
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Minnesota Gov. Tim Walz personally apologized Wednesday to CNN reporter Omar Jimenez for the arrest of him and his crew last week as they reported live on the protests over the death of George Floyd.

"Thank you for the professionalism, thank you for understanding, and I'm deeply sorry," Walz, a Democrat, said to Jimenez during an interview at the site of George Floyd's death in Minneapolis. "And you can know that we've made other mistakes on this as far as making sure that you have access. But protocols and everything else, as we're learning, have to change because we have to create the space for you to tell the story."

The governor's apology comes as journalists are facing assault and arrest while reporting on the nationwide protests and unrest. Since May 29, at least 125 press freedom violations have been reported nationwide by journalists, the Committee to Protect Journalists said Monday. On Wednesday, the American Civil Liberties Union said it is filing a class-action lawsuit and asking a Minnesota court to stop what it calls "unconstitutional conduct targeting journalists."

Jimenez, producer Bill Kirkos and photojournalist Leonel Mendez were arrested Friday morning in Minneapolis as Jimenez was reporting live, and even after they identified themselves to state police as media. They were released about an hour later and went right back to reporting on the protests.

Walz apologized for their arrest during a press conference later that day, saying that it should have never happened and that he takes "full responsibility" for the incident. But Wednesday was the first time he apologized directly to Jimenez.

"I'm, again, deeply sorry that that happened. I appreciate you being back out here again covering (this)," he told Jimenez.

Wednesday was also Walz's first visit to the memorial at the site of Floyd's death. Walz told Jimenez that he wanted to visit the site so he can "personally and viscerally feel" the community's pain.

"I don't think we get another chance to fix this in the country. I really don't. I don't think that's hyperbole. Being at the heart of this and seeing the community's pain so viscerally, this is going to have to be that change we look for," he said.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:00 PM   #132
FoolofaTook

Talking

A CNN reporter also asked Pelosi about White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany comparing Trump’s controversial visit to St John’s Church to Winston Churchill visiting bombing damage during World War II and George W Bush throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game after the September 11 attacks.

“I think they’re hallucinating,” Pelosi said in response.

Old 06-03-2020, 03:37 PM   #133
duovamp
Brazilian Blouselord

Quote:
This really highlights how amazing Barack Obama is. He's set out an extremely clear, simple message for people. And the toolkit he links to is great too. I hope people use it.

The only problem is people have to actually do work to follow it. And I sincerely hope they do. This could be a major turning point for America.

https://www.obama.org/wp-content/uploads/Toolkit.pdf

Old 06-03-2020, 04:39 PM   #134
redbreegull

Quote:
A CNN reporter also asked Pelosi about White House press secretary Kayleigh McEnany comparing Trump’s controversial visit to St John’s Church to Winston Churchill visiting bombing damage during World War II and George W Bush throwing out the first pitch at a baseball game after the September 11 attacks.

“I think they’re hallucinating,” Pelosi said in response.
got 'em!

Old 06-03-2020, 04:52 PM   #135
FoolofaTook

Old 06-03-2020, 07:00 PM   #136
Squish Squash
Apocalyptic Poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by MyOneAndOnly View Post
The police are a gang and Police Unions are nothing but gang hierarchy
A fascist street gang. I didn’t come up with that but it’s very apt.

Old 06-03-2020, 07:13 PM   #137
FoolofaTook

Lightbulb

Yes, all cops are bad, but some priests are good.

Thanks guys!

Old 06-03-2020, 09:22 PM   #138
Disco King
Minion of Satan

Some priests are cops

Old 06-03-2020, 09:44 PM   #139
buzzard
Minion of Satan

Pomp' and Circumstances

Old 06-04-2020, 12:51 AM   #140
run2pee
Minion of Satan

Quote:
The Horbowys had gathered in Tallahassee, Florida, to watch live as Trump walked from the White House to St John’s. “My mother just shouted out, ‘God give him strength! He’s doing a Jericho walk!’”

A Jericho walk, in some evangelical circles, refers to the biblical book of Joshua, where God commanded the Israelites to walk seven times around the opposing city of Jericho, whose walls then came crashing down.

Horbowy already supported Trump politically – he heads the local chapter of a pro- Trump motorcycle club and is campaigning for a seat in Florida’s state senate – but when Trump lifted the Bible, Horbowy and his family felt overcome spiritually.

“My mother started crying. She comes from Pentecostal background, and she started speaking in tongues. I haven’t heard her speak in tongues in years,” he said. “I thought, look at my president! He’s establishing the Lord’s kingdom in the world.”

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...ls#maincontent
Omg thank u for posting this

It’s really really bad and scary how many of our good/kind, if simple biblefolk are into lil toad from Mario kart w/the yeti pubes

Yet i am beyond enthralled and entertained at the spectacle of it. It’s somehow delicious to me how they lovingly devotedly hug their warm christy eyes/voices onto this guy and how patient they are to forgive his imperfections, long as he serve up that firey end times they all crave so hard

Old 06-04-2020, 10:01 AM   #141
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

Here in DC the only sign during the day that anything is happening is the presence of groups of soldiers hanging out on street corners looking bored and very very hot (it's 95 deg and very humid and they're all wearing combat gear).

There are also a lot of cops around the center of the city here wearing riot gear who do not have their dept/agency noted on their clothing. If asked they refuse to identify themselves. What I heard today is that they are employees of the Federal bureau of prisons. All anyone can tell is they have guns and weapons and they look scary.

Trump and Bill Barr are bringing these types of "law enforcement" people into the city because he can't legally do this to other cities in the States without consent of their State Governments. Because the District of Columbia is not a State, he can under the Home Rule law do almost anything he wants here.

There are organized, peaceful protests happening every day in the city center. Yesterday there were protests at the Capital building, and then later near the White House. There have been short peaceful marches every afternoon down to 16th ST and Lafayette (in front of the White House). These marches have gotten bigger and bigger every day

On Sunday there is a march planned at 3pm by Black Lives Matter that Starts at Dupont Circle. I expect there will be thousands of people there, since it's the weekend and we have summer weather and curfews have kept many people away during the week.

This would have been Pride Weekend in DC if the CORONA virus hadn't happened. Virus lock down cancelled what for many of us is a very joyous celebration of our community. I think these protests, though, are more important right now.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:43 AM   #142
LaBelle
Socialphobic

fuck this and fuck everyone

Last edited by LaBelle : 06-04-2020 at 11:04 AM.

Old 06-04-2020, 10:46 AM   #143
myosis
Minion of Satan

these look like nice cops

Old 06-04-2020, 10:49 AM   #144
LaBelle
Socialphobic

there are no nice cops.

Old 06-04-2020, 11:01 AM   #145
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

they sure do look like a group of goofballs though don't they!

Old 06-04-2020, 11:13 AM   #146
MplsTaper
Apocalyptic Poster

Charlotte, NC

Teen says moment in viral protest video opened his eyes

(follow up interview video with Raymon and his Mom)

Old 06-04-2020, 11:40 AM   #147
FoolofaTook

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaBelle View Post
there are no nice cops.
what about priests tho?

Old 06-04-2020, 11:42 AM   #148
Joey Goldberg
Minion of Satan

no nice priests

only hip ones (where my post-punkers at???)

Old 06-04-2020, 12:42 PM   #149
MyOneAndOnly
Shut the fuck up!

For Joey

Old 06-04-2020, 01:25 PM   #150
myosis
Minion of Satan

my dad was a cop.